Who else achieved the great work ??

Tigersoap said:
Although, I am aware this is not a contest and I am trying my best within my abilities at this point.
Everybody is trying to do his/her best. It does not matter what we are trying to do. What matters is what we DO. Results is all that counts.

Oops! I hate when I do that. I just read the new posts on the thread after submitting, I forgot to refresh.... Anyway, sorry, my post seems pretty disconnected/irrelevant because of that and mada85 had already mentioned Flamel and his wife.

Tigersoap said:
Although I am still asking myself if I've got enough of the right stuff because there is so much I don't fully understand yet.

How can I know this ? I mean it's not easy to know where your stand sometimes even if you're coming to this forum.

Maybe by asking this it's because I am not ready yet :|

I hope this is not a stupid question
I dont think anyone ever knows where they stand in this regard. The advice to try to not anticipate would seem to be advice against worrying about or trying to know here you are in this regard. The only thing we can do is work hard at gathering knowledge and applying it in our lives. As it has been said, "it is not where you are that counts, but who you are and what you see", and as Ark says, to increase who you are and what you see requires lots of hard work, hard work that leaves no time for worrying about where you are.

This is also perhaps the essence of faith, and faith in the process.

Anyway, the answer as I see it is hard work.

Joe

Rich said:
Ark said:
Results is all that counts.
how do you measure results? do you mean in an esoteric sense of self-observed increased awareness?
I personally measure results that are measurable and that need measuring, and do not measure what is not measurable or does not need to be measured. If I throw a basketball through a hoop, this is a result. I guess you could measure whether it was a 3-point shot or not, but otherwise, it's still a basketball being thrown through a hoop, a concrete, observable, and objective result even if you measure nothing, osit.

I think in many cases you measure simply by "looking and listening", aka paying attention to objective reality. But if you "try your best" and yet it yields no objective result (like bringing you closer to your goal or achieving something) then that effort does not "count" and perhaps you should try something else. You could give yourself an "A" for effort, but if people did that in school, you could pass every test while getting all the answers wrong.

ark said:
Everybody is trying to do his/her best. It does not matter what we are trying to do. What matters is what we DO. Results is all that counts.
If DOing is using his best abilities to become less mechanical, then yes I am working toward this goal as hard as it is.
As for the result when looking back five years ago I have progressed, albeit there may be small steps, there are things I am not doing/thinking anymore like I used to by becoming conscious of my "inner workings".
Does this prove that I am less mechanical and that I am DOing ? I am not sure about that.

Joe said:
I dont think anyone ever knows where they stand in this regard. The advice to try to not anticipate would seem to be advice against worrying about or trying to know here you are in this regard. The only thing we can do is work hard at gathering knowledge and applying it in our lives. As it has been said, "it is not where you are that counts, but who you are and what you see", and as Ark says, to increase who you are and what you see requires lots of hard work, hard work that leaves no time for worrying about where you are.

This is also perhaps the essence of faith, and faith in the process.

Anyway, the answer as I see it is hard work.
Yes, I am worrying too much, over-thinking a lot thus wasting time and energy.
Thanks for reminding me this.
To doubt oneself can be a good thing but it can also overpower you and leave you drained out of "faith" osit.

ScioAgapeOmnis said:
I think in many cases you measure simply by "looking and listening", aka paying attention to objective reality. But if you "try your best" and yet it yields no objective result, like bringing you closer to your goal, then that effort does not "count" and perhaps you should try something else. You could give yourself an "A" for effort, but if people did that in school, you could pass every test while getting all the answers wrong.
I agree with you.
It could be just self-calming when I said " I am trying my best within my abilities at this point", only the results count, the hard part is to be able to be objective about your results.
Hence my doubts about "where am I now ?".

Thank you all for your comments.

Rich said:
Ark said:
Results is all that counts.
how do you measure results? do you mean in an esoteric sense of self-observed increased awareness?
Laura answered this in a different context (paranormal powers ) as follows in another post

" As the C's said, it will happen when the time is right and the important thing is to concentrate on the lessons of this density which are "karmic and simple understandings" and are universal.

Learning about OPs and psychopathy and eliminating lies to the self and extirpating buffers and fusing the magnetic center are all worthwhile activities that relate to "karmic and simple understandings" at the most basic levels. And it has been in these types of activities that we have experienced the greatest growth of so-called "paranormal abilities". "

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5157&p=4

Let me add to the above.
First come internal results. But there is no way of objectively judging or measuring them except through external results. We imagine lot of things about ourselves. They are not necessarily all true. The only way to test what is true and what not, whether there are any changes in us, is via external effects.

For instance, we when we are able to better handle difficult life situations - this is an objective measure of progress. Or we are making less poor judgments - this is another signs of a progress. Or we eliminate some sacred cows and we start paying attention to things outside (or inside) that we were neglecting. Another result. Or we take on a project that we were contemplating taking on for a long time, but never went beyond just contemplating. In other words: we noticeably, objectively, move forward on our chosen path.

But to speak about "results", first there must be a rather clear objective. Without objectives defined FIRST, there is no progress, and there are no results. All what happens, happens in such a case due to the "law of accident".

Or so I think.

Ark said:
when we are able to better handle difficult life situations - this is an objective measure of progress. [...]In other words: we noticeably, objectively, move forward on our chosen path.

But to speak about "results", first there must be a rather clear objective. Without objectives defined FIRST, there is no progress, and there are no results. All what happens, happens in such a case due to the "law of accident".
That is reassuring. I can confidently say that I am making progress. Slowly but surely. Thanks all too.

further to that for motivation from 'the fire from within':
don juan said:
All that is required is impeccability, energy and that begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise, and sustained. If that act is repeated long enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent, which can be applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential.

Back
Top Bottom