Wild Caught Fish in Ontario Canada

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hey, just thought I would post that Fortino's _www.fortinos.ca - a large chain grocery store in Ontario is now specializing in wild caught fish. They are part of a sustainable seafood program with Loblaws, which I believe has a number of stores in Quebec so this might extend there as well.

I was surprised to see a grocery store like them get into the sustainable seafood business but apparently from my conversation with the clerk they won't purchase fish that are on the endangered species list and actively seek out seafood directly from the ocean. They did have a farmed fish selection, but the ratio to wild caught was probably 60/40, so there is a pretty decent selection to choose from! I bought a few pounds of Snapper Fillet from the coast of B.C.

Turgon said:
Hey, just thought I would post that Fortino's _www.fortinos.ca - a large chain grocery store in Ontario is now specializing in wild caught fish. They are part of a sustainable seafood program with Loblaws, which I believe has a number of stores in Quebec so this might extend there as well.

I was surprised to see a grocery store like them get into the sustainable seafood business but apparently from my conversation with the clerk they won't purchase fish that are on the endangered species list and actively seek out seafood directly from the ocean. They did have a farmed fish selection, but the ratio to wild caught was probably 60/40, so there is a pretty decent selection to choose from! I bought a few pounds of Snapper Fillet from the coast of B.C.

Yes they have stores in Québec and thanks for the info. I will have a look.

Back
Top Bottom