Will there be a draft?

Timey

Jedi Master
This probably falls into the category of exact predictions, but its a thought I've been turning over in my head.

Judging by current global events, and knowing psychopaths and the Military Industrial Complex, it seems like the PTB are pushing from some kind of conflict in the near future.

My question is this: if it does come to war before the Earth Changes, will our governments institute some kind of military draft? If so, what can we do to escape it?

I would think not. They are making the economy so bad that they'll be able to entice lots of poor people into the military just for the financial benefits. They use incessant propagandizing on television and elsewhere to make the military look so honorable and also create conditions economically so that they'll never run out of warm bodies to send away and die for their country. I doubt conscription is going to be needed.

I think Heimdallr is right.

Besides, it's no use to conscript when lots of people are simply too obese for service.

See: Ret. military leaders slam junk food in schools
_http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2012/09/gannett-retired-military-leaders-want-junk-food-out-schools-092512/
Several hundred retired military leaders are raising red flags about childhood obesity in the U.S. and its impact on finding qualified recruits, calling for junk food to be booted out of schools and healthier fare to be offered in vending machines and a la carte lines.

Mission: Readiness, a group of more than 300 retired generals and admirals, is releasing a new report today saying that the 40 percent of students who buy high-calorie, low-nutrient junk food from school vending machines and cafeteria a la carte lines consume an average of 130 calories a day from those types of foods (candy, chips, cookies, pastries). That’s roughly 5 percent to 10 percent of the calories kids and teens should eat in a day.

The analysis says that junk food adds up to 400 billion “empty” calories in a year or the calories in almost 2 billion candy bars, which would weigh almost 90,000 tons, more than the weight of the aircraft carrier Midway (70,000 tons).

All those extra calories are contributing to childhood obesity, a problem that means many young people are too heavy to serve in the military, ultimately putting national security at risk, the report says.

Three-quarters of those ages 17 to 24, or about 26 million young people, cannot serve in the military, a quarter of them because they are overweight or obese, says retired Air Force lieutenant general Norman Seip, a spokesman for Mission: Readiness, which advocates policies that would help young Americans get ready to serve. Other reasons young people can’t join if they want to: They don’t have a high school diploma, have criminal records or suffer from other health problems.

The new report, called “Still Too Fat to Fight,” is a follow-up to the group’s 2010 report, “Too Fat to Fight.”
There's more over there...

While I half agree, it seems that you are focusing on America; not all nations have such a vast army, or such a bad obesity problem. :lol:

I must admit, I was thinking more of my country, Britain, as well as other nations with a smaller military. They are all under the same control, after all.
Why not put in a draft and get the maximum amount of bodies? They certainly seem to have the means to do it.

Another thought: if we are using the Wave material here, wouldn't a draft serve as an excellent means for maximum negative energy from all the carnage? More people, more deaths. Moreover, I seem to remember the C's mentioning something about war being the perfect opportunity for abduction and re-programming, or something along those lines. More people, more re-programming?

These people do see us as just figures after all.

Timey said:
While I half agree, it seems that you are focusing on America; not all nations have such a vast army, or such a bad obesity problem. :lol:

I must admit, I was thinking more of my country, Britain, as well as other nations with a smaller military. They are all under the same control, after all.
Why not put in a draft and get the maximum amount of bodies? They certainly seem to have the means to do it.

Another thought: if we are using the Wave material here, wouldn't a draft serve as an excellent means for maximum negative energy from all the carnage? More people, more deaths. Moreover, I seem to remember the C's mentioning something about war being the perfect opportunity for abduction and re-programming, or something along those lines. More people, more re-programming?

These people do see us as just figures after all.

I think the same economic considerations apply to Britain. There are lots of people in every country who join the military for economic reasons, so squeeze the economy harder and you have a ready supply of bodies.

I'm sorry I partly misunderstood.

Meanwhile, have a look here about the facts of conscription as far as available:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription#Countries_with_and_without_mandatory_military_service

One of the things the PTB seemed to learn in the 60's is that a draft can result in strong involvement of the youth to spearhead protests. When I did some anti-war activism during the beginning of the Iraq War there were hardly any youth involved, and many of the efforts fell pretty flat.

Yes, you're right about that.
Also, don't forget about the so called "draft dodgers" during the period of the Vietnam war many of whom were fierce opponents to that war for more than the obvious reasons (not only for saving their own skin) if I remember correctly.

This is a very interesting question that I ask myself very often. And I really don't know if yes or not. If the country is at war, surely draft will be impose for national security? Here we can talk about war measures. Or not?

But at the same time, how to force all the young people (without jobs) to do military service by law, this is another question. People today are not the same that when the WWII- But there is the Lisbon Treaty that is ready: I listened somewhere that people can be arrested and put in working camps. These working camps can be military camps.

When I say "I listened somewhere" is I listened a very interesting French analysis about this Lisbon Treaty in Youtube that showed some articles in the Treaty (almost hided) that concerned this subject. I will try today to find this program but maybe it is not there anymore, I am afraid.

So for me the question is open, about draft. With these mad people directing this planet you never know.

This is where I actually see the people getting off their behinds and going on the streets and protesting in full force. You saw how the streets in Spain and Greece were filled with protesters against the austerity measures, imagine how we would react to sending civilians to endanger their lives. At least in Europe, I doubt it would happen. We remember WWI and WWII.

cassandra said:
This is where I actually see the people getting off their behinds and going on the streets and protesting in full force. You saw how the streets in Spain and Greece were filled with protesters against the austerity measures, imagine how we would react to sending civilians to endanger their lives. At least in Europe, I doubt it would happen. We remember WWI and WWII.

Indeed, I think that a draft would cause a major uprising and actually get people off their behinds to stand up and say no. It would not work in their favor at all. Even just declaring yet another war with no draft could spark unprecedented protests.

If it ever happens, I know what I'll be doing with their draft letter anyway.

Carlise said:
cassandra said:

Indeed, I think that a draft would cause a major uprising and actually get people off their behinds to stand up and say no. It would not work in their favor at all. Even just declaring yet another war with no draft could spark unprecedented protests.

If it ever happens, I know what I'll be doing with their draft letter anyway.

Wouldn't a major uprising play quite well into the hands of our governments? Give them a good excuse to come down hard with violence and even more draconian laws?

anart said:
I think the same economic considerations apply to Britain. There are lots of people in every country who join the military for economic reasons, so squeeze the economy harder and you have a ready supply of bodies.
On the odd occasions that I watch TV, I am overwhelmed by the number of adverts there are for joining one or another branch of the military, so you may well be right in your thinking anart, it looks that way.

Timey said:
Wouldn't a major uprising play quite well into the hands of our governments? Give them a good excuse to come down hard with violence and even more draconian laws?
I tend to agree with your thoughts on this too. :)

Prodigal Son said:
anart said:
On the odd occasions that I watch TV, I am overwhelmed by the number of adverts there are for joining one or another branch of the military, so you may well be right in your thinking anart, it looks that way.

Timey said:
I tend to agree with your thoughts on this too. :)

My possibly mistaken belief is that, when it all comes down to it, there are more of 'us' than 'them', even including authoritarian followers. How many police will still choose to uphold the system when it becomes clearer and clearer every day that we are being lead by psychopaths? Maybe pushing us into yet another war could be a trigger for many of the generally good, hard working people to stand up, when they realise the catastrophic consequences of war with iran, and that it will affect their comfortable lives. Then again, this is pretty wishful thinking, judging by the general level of apathy out there currently when we already have enough to be angry about.

Well draft is possible two-edged sword: PTB could arm their own executioners... it is better option not to build up such a massive force which could turn against you ... just my shaky perception...

Back
Top Bottom