Wow, does this look like those Trilobite fossils...

rs

Dagobah Resident
capt.sge.ebb04.160507191904.photo00.photo.default-512x383.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilobite

Yes-it looks like a trilobite, but as they are extinct (or ARE THEY?!-you sly devil-did you find a time machine and are not SHARING?) What, then, IS IT? My guess (what do I win if I am right?) A larval stage horse shoe crab...

Well? Is that it? Huh? Don't keep us in suspense, please! What is this thing?

Seems alot of "extinct" animals are making a comeback, a few month ago they found a "extinct" shark alive and well.

Well it doesn't seem to have an 'axial lobe', which seems to be the defining feature of trilobytes. Looks more like the larva form of one of these :).

Looks like some kind of crab to me.. maybe a deep water type, something where there is no light. I noticed the little "lights" along the appendages.

Peg

Edited;
Just a thought. When I lived in the VI there were shells everywhere on the beaches, that when assembled (if one could find enough of them) resembled a trilobite type shellfish. The shells are very hard, I still have some that I collected years ago. The animal is shaped somewhat like the one in the picture. The shells I have are sections, one lays over the other, and resemble boomerangs... except the flat is on the other angle.

Back
Top Bottom