www.myprotein.co.uk - vitamins, minerals and amino acids (UK and EU delivery)

Re: myprotein.co.uk - vitamins, minerals and amino acids (UK and EU delivery)

Bear said:
I was thinking about the standard introduction or hello for New people and that maybe we should also include a big five book list for health similar to the big five psychology books:

I think it is a good idea. :thup:

Bohort said:
Bear said:
I was thinking about the standard introduction or hello for New people and that maybe we should also include a big five book list for health similar to the big five psychology books:

I second that, great idea Bear.

So we need an order for these books, I guess. So far I'm reading the UltraMind Solution and gives in my opinion an great overview over many topics. Maybe it could be the starting point?

Gawan said:
Bohort said:
Bear said:

I second that, great idea Bear.

So we need an order for these books, I guess. So far I'm reading the UltraMind Solution and gives in my opinion an great overview over many topics. Maybe it could be the starting point?

If you go in the recommended books thread, you can read:

Health and Diet
Detoxify or Die - Sherry Rogers
UltraMind Solution - Mark Hyman
Magnesium Miracle - Carolyn Dean
Alphalipoic Acid - Bert Berkson
Fat Resistance Diet - Leo Galland

So, we can use that order for the moment.

you may also find these guys good

http://bigvits.co.uk

I think that this is a very good idea.

I would like to suggest the following:

1)Detoxify or Die by Sherry Rogers
2)The UltraMind Solution by Mark Hyman
3)The Ultra Simple Diet by Mark Hyman
4)Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by
Rodger Murphree
5)What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Autoimmune Disorders by
Stephen B. Edelson and Deborah Mitchell

Thank you Perceval, the site and products looks impressive.

Trevrizent said:

Thank you Perceval, the site and products looks impressive.

¿Sorry but what product looks impressive?
Checking the capsules "Alpha Lipoic Acid" (for instance), I see fillers like Magnesium Stearate.

Thanks in advance.

Hi jordifs

Unfortunately most capsule/tablet forms of supplements contain fillers/binders in the form of Magnesium Stearate (poisonous I know).

It is unusual for a site to offer the choice that this one does, especially products that are free of soy, etc. I will consider using it as a supply base.

Well I still do not understand at all but don't worry, I really don't need to know. Only comment that I switch over at once and throwed away about 300 euros in pills. Having a little amount of toxics is no longer acceptable for me. I had really a bad experience, but at last I increased my knowledge and learn.

I also would like to add the Mercola site commented here does not have these fillers (stearate magnesium, silicion dioxide). The site has some comments about these fillers and explain that are toxic and they do not use them. A very useful advice.
So I'm now changing to buy only to this site.

For now the only defect I see is that some capsules have in the other ingredients (section) products like Soy.
Which I would like to avoid due to a personal bad experience (I also know Soy is very dangerous).

Yours,
Jordi

Just to add, it seems using the URL without a WWW is a problem....(will edit the original post)
so you need _www.myprotien.co.uk

Trevrizent said:
Hi jordifs

Unfortunately most capsule/tablet forms of supplements contain fillers/binders in the form of Magnesium Stearate (poisonous I know).

It is unusual for a site to offer the choice that this one does, especially products that are free of soy, etc. I will consider using it as a supply base.

I just wanted to say that I have been reading some "Total Wellness" Newsletters I ordered by Dr Sherry Rogers of "Detoxify or Die".

In the October 2008 edition the question of Magnesium Stearate as a filler in supplements or medication comes up.

I will write the whole answer. The question is of course are they safe? also are they a Trans fat?

She says.

A You are right that magnesium Stearate is one of the most common additives in all capsules, because it acts as a lubricant, helping material flow through encapsulation machines and not get stuck and literally gum up the machinery.

Magnesium Stearate is made up of magnesium( an essential mineral) and a mixture of 2 fats stearic and palmitic from vegetable oils. Since both are saturated fats, they cannot be trans fats (which by definition have to have at least one unsaturated carbon bond In a trans configuration in the molecule). The amount in a capsule equivalent to 1-5 drops of olive oil. They haven't come up with anything better "safer" and cheaper that I know of.

The reason I posted is that to me she doesn't appear from that response to be too concerned about it. I am having difficulty here in the UK finding supplements without it in and now don't know whether to just try and avoid where possible or avoid 100% possibly not being able find alternative, affordable supplements.

To slowone:

I read about additives after writting posts on this topic. One was key as appears that Stearate Magnesium is forbidden in Australia. It specifically is restricted to adults, and in low quantities. It affects the intestines. As I took up to 30 pills per day, I easily associated my personal symptoms to what I read on Internet.

As for your comments, I understand that it is impossible for all doctors to be aware of everything. For instance I associate "Zinc" as good, but Mercola site on Immune Support functions recommends to avoid "Zinc" at all costs. Confusing to me, but I accept that each doctor has a slightly different opinion.

As for your difficulties, I pass through the same process. This forum topic point to powder products that looks good (no fillers). Nonetheless a good dossage available as capsules/tablets seems impossible, at least for me. I was not able to find a trustworthy provider. If you find one, please share it.

Sincerely,
Jordi

Is there anyone here who has good experiences with MyProtein? They have unbelivable cheap pure supplements, especially amino acids and herb extracts, in fact they are that cheap that I don't trust them.

I know they process there supplements in a factory where also gluten and soy is processed but besides that they seem to be reliable.

Stranger said:
Is there anyone here who has good experiences with MyProtein? They have unbelivable cheap pure supplements, especially amino acids and herb extracts, in fact they are that cheap that I don't trust them.

I know they process there supplements in a factory where also gluten and soy is processed but besides that they seem to be reliable.

yup I have You can trust them they send to Poland with 3-4 days.. then Uk will be faster.

No problem at all.

Lukas said:
yup I have You can trust them they send to Poland with 3-4 days.. then Uk will be faster.

No problem at all.

Thanks!
Anything to say about there products? Did they comply with your expectations?

Back
Top Bottom