Youngevity: Legit or Scam?

I came across an opportunity last week that I thought might be a good way to make some more money and I have met it with some scrutiny along the way. The product is called Youngevity which is a supplement company designed to give people nutritional support. It also has a program for people to become apart of a multi marketing system where you get a commission based off of the sales and a percentage from your other partners that you sign up. I would very much appreciate it if a few people can comment on what they think of this after reviewing some of my findings below.

Here are the web links to the site and how it works:

__http://www.youngevity.com/index.cfm/90-for-life/

__http://youngevity.com/index.cfm/opportunity/are-you-next/

__http://youngevity.com/wp-content/themes/youngevity/media/Are-You-Next_Guide-0914-4review.pdf

This opportunity to me seems to good to be true and I've found many articles that indicate fraudulence and pyramid scheming.

I'm also including the follow up email I received just to show how it all goes down when you become apart of this process:

Hi (Recipient's Name),

Hope all is well! It was a pleasure meeting you, discussing your health and partnership opportunity. I'm sure we will accomplish a lot together. Below you will see a link to watch some great videos to gain product knowledge and information. If you need any additional information prior to our follow up appointment please let me know. Enjoy!

Click the link below to watch the videos and check out my websites.

__http://healthypreneur.com.mx/watch-these-videos/

If you watch the videos they seem to have good intentions but I don't buy into what it's telling me.

The last thing I want to include here is our conversation about what I thought and the reply:

Declining Partnership

On Nov 6, 2015, at 2:55 PM:

Hi Chris,

After speaking to you over the phone yesterday I realized that you know much about the health and wellness industry and healthy living. You are aware of much when it comes to eating well and how much exercise is needed to actually keep fit or lose weight among other things. However, after careful consideration I must decline to become affiliated with the product of Youngevity for several reasons:

There are too many red flag alerts of MLM scams/fraud/schemes articles. I've read them all and it doesn't look good when a company focuses more on recruitment of sellers rather than building a huge customer base with a well established product. The best MLM's I've seen that are ones like Avon and Tupperware. Youngevity has not been mentioned in the top lists of these. There's also some poor reviews on Better Business Bureau despite the A rating.

The claim of supplementation being used to reverse disease and death is unfounded and I cannot put myself in a position of promoting the product. After viewing the videos the first one seemed flim flam-ish and over dramatic like it was trying too hard to convince me of something that's great and universally profound, which was way over the top for me. The second one seemed like an infomercial where someone speaks to you in a dumb down candy coated voice tone and wants to make you believe you'll become rich beyond your wildest dreams. The last one was too long to watch but from what I saw it didn't set anything straight.

The best review I found from Amazon.com was this: 'Scammy Products' In a nutshell: overpriced run-of-the-mill products deceptively marketed as wonder cures by pyramid schemers.

I'm much more confident in things like Weston A Price foundation, Pete Evans Paleo Way cooking, listening to radio programs like Sean Croxton's underground wellness and many in depth books especially ones that promote eating healthy fats as most people are in the dark about massive carbohydrate consumption and many poor oils like vegetable oil being the cause of diseases and conditions like cancer, diabetes, heart disease.

Thanks for speaking me with me but I must move forward in another direction.

Re: Declining Partnership

Hey (Recipient's Name),

We lost you! Lol! No hard feelings I really enjoyed meeting you over the phone but I did warn you about the Internet. I think we both want the same things and you really do want what we have but you don't realize it yet. Dr. Wallach has a great vision and mission, he is very respected and has taken the FDA to court and won 7 times out of 8. He has a tremendous amount of supporters but also has many haters as one would expect when you challenge the norm.

Unfortunately we simply do not have the money to do billions of dollars of research to sway or convince the scientific community we only have millions of testimonials as evidence although we do have an extensive amount of research both past and present. The fact of the matter is we are changing lives and the everyday folk that we are helping don't really care about research studies they just want to feel better. The medical monopoly, political and funding towards everything that is mainstream medicine is frustrating at times but we're growing.

The Internet is a funny place, anyone can post whatever they like and it's common practice to post negative articles that are derogatory or that include the word scam. Bloggers use this to drive traffic to their site. You can google any company and you will see scam attached to it. I know this tactic because I am also a blogger.

Dr. Wallach set the company up in the best way that would support his advocates. I think it's also the most profitable way for us. It also provides financial support while getting your business going entirely. Now network marketing on a whole has a certain negative stigma attached to it although this too is changing. It's funny how everything that is good for you is met with such scrutiny.

Okay the videos are not the best but they get the job done. At first I thought the first video was a little cheesy too but I now realize the intention and sincerity behind it. We hope to get better ones in the future but thanks for the feedback. The intent is just to pass along information not to entertain.

I love all the health professionals you have mentioned especially Sean Croxton. I just realize what I have my hands on with my partnership with Youngevity. When you're trying to give somebody a health result which is what I was doing before Youngevity and then someone comes along and make your job easier and helps your clients to get better faster you're going to want to shout this on a mountain top. Who cares what the opposition says. After all it was the opposition that killed my parents. If I knew what I know now they would still be alive so I have every confidence in the company. I would use it even if I didn't make a dime.

At any rate (Recipient's Name) I know your an intelligent guy and I understand how the world works and how people think but the more I stand behind this product, present proof and evidence to others is the more respect I get....which is also a big risk for someone in my position as people trust what I say. So the door is still open, I'm honest, share my heart and love to help others. If you change your mind or want to check back with me in the future feel free because we need all the help we can get. The fight is great!

Wow I wrote a lot, guess I like to write!

Make it a great day!

Chris Walker
"Lose weight, heal your body and help others!"

Chris Walker
Nutritional Therapist
__www.chriswalkersnutritiontherapy.com

I edited your post to deactivate the links and remove the guy's phone numbers.

CelticWarrior said:
I came across an opportunity last week that I thought might be a good way to make some more money and I have met it with some scrutiny along the way. The product is called Youngevity which is a supplement company designed to give people nutritional support. It also has a program for people to become apart of a multi marketing system where you get a commission based off of the sales and a percentage from your other partners that you sign up. I would very much appreciate it if a few people can comment on what they think of this after reviewing some of my findings below.

Hey,

I watched the first video and it was really cheesy so I didn't watch the rest. If their products are so good, ask for an ingredients listing of their products, which I couldn't find on the website. Also, how thorough are they in making sure that the ingredients aren't contaminated and really are coming from natural sources. What kind of facilities do they use to manufacture it, etc. Compare the information you get to really good supplements companies like AOR and see what similarities and differences there are. Otherwise, it seems like a run of the mill MLM with the promises of a better life and future as long as you sell, sell, sell!

Yeah, I agree Turgon. It's definitely a run of the mill type scheme with a focus on selling products that aren't fully disclosed on the website. I'd probably have a better chance selling my home made haggis door to door.

Pyramid products tend to be overpriced. It can be detrimental to your friendships to get heavily involved with this stuff. I do use some pyramid products (some Arbonne stuff), but I don't try to sell them or recruit sellers under me. There are some products I would like to buy at retail, but are only sold via pyramid schemes. I just opt not to buy them. It is a turn-off for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom