Coming Earthquakes

Irini said:
This paper says that weeks or minutes prior to quakes, animals usually exhibit unusual behavior:
now thats funny because , see below.

Monkey puzzle about Emmen baboons

Thursday 29 March 2007

The bizarre behaviour of the baboons in Emmen zoo has come in for a lot of media attention over the past few days, with the Volkskrant and Parool both carrying pictures of the troubled tribe.

The group - 120 animals-strong – appear to be suffering from an attack of mass hysteria and has withdrawn to a corner of the compound. There, the animals sit on the rocks or in the trees staring into the same direction and refusing to move – even for a banana.

‘They have probably heard something – a high-pitched tone or a vibration – which caused them to panic,’ baffled keepers told the TV news. ‘It is typical baboon behaviour,’ said David van Gennip of ape rescue foundation AAP in the Volkskrant.

‘They can panic if they see their reflection in water. If the leader signals the alarm, the rest all follow.’ The Emmen tribe has shown similar behaviour in 1994 and 1997. Both times the hysteria faded after four days.
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2007/03/monkey_puzzle_about_emmen_babo.php

img-100407-071_onli_278597c.jpg

I kinda doubt that they would all do this just because of their reflection in the water or something..

Charles said:
recent activity in the mid Atlantic ridge is creating tremendous pressure on the Pacific - North American plate boundary.
Irini said:
This paper says that weeks or minutes prior to quakes, animals usually exhibit unusual behavior:

Etho-Geological Forecasting:

Bees have been seen evacuating their hive in a panic, minutes before an earthquake, and then not returning until fifteen minutes after the quake ended. Even creatures such as millipedes, leeches, squid, and ants have been reported to exhibit abnormal behavior prior to earthquakes (Miller, 1996).
Would there be some connections with the Northwestern US bees behaviour discussed in this thread ?
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6027

adam said:
Monkey puzzle about Emmen baboons

Thursday 29 March 2007

The bizarre behaviour of the baboons in Emmen zoo has come in for a lot of media attention over the past few days, with the Volkskrant and Parool both carrying pictures of the troubled tribe.

The group - 120 animals-strong – appear to be suffering from an attack of mass hysteria and has withdrawn to a corner of the compound. There, the animals sit on the rocks or in the trees staring into the same direction and refusing to move – even for a banana.
Those baboons are located in Netherlands like the bees whose unusual behaviour is described in this post :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5865

Actually, i found that article with the "bizzare animal behaviors before an earthquake" after observing the ants in my house collectively and orderly moving out in the thousands! Those ants and i go few years back, when i moved into this apartment and found they were already here: tiny and too many. I did everything to exterminate them, but did not succeed. One day, watching them go about their business as usual, i just felt really horrible about my killing sprees and decided that they'd be my roommates from now on, with the exception of those i kill when i clean, because then it is their fate!

And on the day i wrote that post, i saw them all holding tiny pieces of food (i suspect) moving out of the little holes (their houses) and marching towards the balcony, and from there disappearing inside some cracks. And that was it. Never saw them again. Their behavior so puzzled me that i searched the net and came across that article which i decided to share with the rest here, because it was pretty interesting and informative. The thing is though, that beyond the really strange weather lately on this island, there has not been any earthquakes. so my conclusion from this personal experience is that "sometimes animals and smaller creatures will behave in unusual ways, but it might be for their own personal reasons and not because something catastrophic will ensue".

;)

Hi Irini,

I have also seen such ant migration many times. Something catastrophic for the ants is not necessarily catastrophic for you. A simple heavy rain would be considered a disaster for the ants. The ants can sense such things and if they are at a low altitude, they will move before the rain. They would not know that your house is not going to be flooded due to good drainage.

hoangmphung said:
Something catastrophic for the ants is not necessarily catastrophic for you. A simple heavy rain would be considered a disaster for the ants. The ants can sense such things and if they are at a low altitude, they will move before the rain. They would not know that your house is not going to be flooded due to good drainage.
Very good point and indeed what took place! There were heavy mud rains following the migration that lasted several days.

Charles said:
For those who missed it …
Posted by TNT Maddog on http://www.bbsradio.com/cgi-bin/webbbs/webbbs_config.pl/read/16036
Get ready for the Big ONE ! Earthquake
Date: Wednesday, 9 May 2007, at 5:35 p.m.
Subject: Possibility or probability?
FYI - below is a quote from a reliable source - use your judgement
And dowse it please.
I dowse that these will happen, but in reverse order and later -
Perhaps July dates.
I get the epicenter within 20 miles of Taft, CA. Please dowse for
Yourselves.
Share your results with me. Thanks!
Ralph
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My cousin works for the US-S. We are very close and talk at least 3
Times a week. The conversation we had last night was strange because I
Could tell there was significant anxiety in his speech. He did not get
Into the specifics but shared with me that there is genuine concern
Amongst his peers that we are on the cusp of a cataclysmic earthquake.
He indicated that recent activity in the mid Atlantic ridge is creating
Tremendous pressure on the Pacific - North American plate boundary.

Here is a low down of what the U-GS is quietly expecting in the next
30 days:
May 3 - 10 New Madrid will have a moderate earthquake magnitude 5
To 7
May 10 - 20 Yellowstone will let go with a large earthquake magnitude
6 to 8
[/b]May 20 - June 1 West coast of United States is hit by a great
Earthquake magnitude 8.5 to 10. This will be the BIG ONE that changes
Life as we know it.
The US-S wants to get the word out but have been muzzled by
Go-ernment officials.[/b] They do not want panic or chaos created. They
Also cite earthquake prediction as an inexact science. Fact is that
There are some predictive factors that can be quantified. The
Tectonic plates are intertwined and when pressure is let go in one
Area it builds in another. My cousin cited the I-IS map as a good
Visual display of where the pressure has been released and where it
Is being stored.
www.iris.edu
To further demonstrate that the idea that Gamma Ray Bursts could trigger earthquakes is not knew, I spliced in from http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm

Week to Super Quake?
Our friends, the folks at www.halfpasthuman.com, have been eerily right in some of their recent forecasts, including the flooding of the Mississippi/Red Rivers - which we will get to in a minute.

But first, an urgent advisory from them last night has really got our attention because the technology seems to be able to predict with some degree of accuracy major geological events like earthquakes. With their exclusive permission, here's what was sent out to their subscribers. Now, to understand this completely, you need to know that in predictive linguistic modelspace there is a new "event/news/emotionally impacting" area which comes this summer called "spacegoartfart". And, we are supposed to have something of a release event around May 19th... OK, not a very pretty term this spacegoatfart, but you'll see as you read this how "spacegoartfart" in model space and super quakes could be connected: .
Maybe spacegoartfart should be read as space goes arty farty ?

"We are taking the unusual step of sending out this email.
This is a SpaceGoatFart alert.
Today (Tuesday PM) there was a Gamma Ray Burst with very extreme characteristics which are detailed below.
Before getting to today's SpaceGoatFart, please note that on December 19th, 2004 there was a GRB of barely 9 minutes. December 26th saw the 9.3 earthquake which cracked the IndoAustralian plate, and generated the subsequent tsunami. The temporal distance between the two events was 7.3 days inclusive.
Today's (Tuesday's-G) GammaRayBurst has characteristics unlike most, and which are more extreme than that burst on the 19th. Today's burst lasted 13+ minutes. And had some very extreme frequency afterglow differences not usually seen with GRB's.
This is a archetypical situation for the phrase: "hmmm, that *can't* be good.
Head up, y'all. And know that triangular voids next to things like filled file cabinets are the best survival spots when quakes bring down buildings. However, such voids do not do much for sudden in rushing waters.
Below you will find the grb text description followed by the link to the reporting site.
*************text of the grb description*******
This was quite a burst!
The main emission of gamma rays lasted for about 50 seconds, and had about *20* bright peaks during the first 20 seconds.
After that it faded, but emission was seen for about 800 second total, making this one of the longest bursts ever seen.
Swift's X-Ray Telescope saw a rapidly decaying X-ray afterglow, which was also showing flaring behavior -- rapid peaks of emission. The Ultraviolet/Optical Telescope also detected an afterglow, and several observatories report detecting it as well.
One team of astronomers using the Danish 1.45 meter telescope in La Silla, Chile, report seeing the afterglow in red colors, but not bluer ones. Swift's UVOT confirms this, though the UVOT did detect the burst in visible wavelengths (yellow). This may indicate a large distance for the burst. We eagerly await follow-up observations!
****** end pasted text********* http://grb.sonoma.edu/index.php .
Where's my tent.

I recently ran across an article (can't find the link again) connecting the Japan tsunami to a very long gamma ray burst seen a short time before it, so looked here on the forum to see if anyone had talked about it, and here it is, but talking about events from years ago. So interesting to see the same thing repeating again this year. BTW, the article had also mentioned observed *huge* coronal mass ejections (100x-1000x normal) following periods of quiescence in stars in our galaxy, and that they had found evidence in moon dust of our own sun doing this. We had an M2 class ejection event this past week, fortunately pointed away from our little planet.

Didn't want to start a new thread for such a minor event, but just experienced my first earthquake here in Corsica.

Somewhere between 3 and 4 on the Richter scale.

A quick check of Twitter shows it was also felt in Marseille, Cannes and Nice.

The epicenter is indeed at the west of Corsica :
_http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0004qdn.php
100 km from aiacciu and 89 km from Cargèse. The Mediterranean is seismically active.

Yes, looks like that's the one. It was interesting the different instantaneous reactions people had to it. I though that a sudden gust of wind was shaking the shutters. My wife thought someone was crashing around in the loft. Other people in the village thought a truck had crashed into a house.

Also found this resource:

_http://earthquake-report.com/2011/07/07/moderate-earthquake-in-between-corsica-and-france-shakes-coastal-areas/

Most important Earthquake Data:
Magnitude : 5.3 (EMSC) 5.2 5USGS)
UTC Time : Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 19:21:47 UTC
Local time at epicenter : Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 09:21:47 PM at epicenter
Depth (Hypocenter) : 5.9 km
Geo-location(s) :
160 km (99 miles) NNW of Sassari, Sardinia, Italy
107 km W Ajaccio (pop 54,364)

EDIT: Removed pic no longer available

Edit: Whoops, meant to modify message but ended up quoting myself in a new message - strange, thought I'd hit the right button.

No evidence of animals behaving any differently that I could detect - next door's dog was happily chewing on a bit of wood just before the shaking started.

That site is really interesting, I had no idea there were quite so many earthquakes going on all the time. Their map of the US West coast is covered with incidents.
_http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/

also

_http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/index.php

Pretty ominous sign in California given all that is predicted for the west coast. Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNATH4hFGTc

I find it absolutely amazing that they have footage from 06, and nobody is using, and thus, connecting neurons in their noggin. Well, the universe is probably gonna say something along the lines of "you can't blame anyone but yourself, you had plenty of warning".

This guy on youtube, "Dutchsinse", who is the original source of that vid, has been monitoring what he calls "plumes of steam" coming from different parts of California and Nevada which he says are old volcanically active sites. He's using US gov radar services. There's not enough info at the moment to verify what he's seeing, but it's still interesting.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2RBQiDlD_k

He's got a lot of other nonsense posted about haarp and things, but this is something to maybe pay attention to.

An aquaintance of mine recommended the "Dutchsinse" sight to me. I haven't spent much time checking it out, but the plumes and mapping on google earth is pretty cool. (I have to admit, I was totally turned off when I found out the guy recommending Dutchsinse is a long time,strict vegetarian. It created an automatic bias in me.) Never the less, his collection of data is interesting.

I am in Aberdeen, Maryland in the U.S. and i just felt the earthquake whose epicenter was in Virginia. It was pretty strange because i was on a bed thinking while lying down and then the bed started shaking. i thought this was werid, i thought there was construction going on somewhere close, or maybe the military is testing out their cannons like they usually do, but no because the shaking usually comes and goes pretty quick. i was listening to a classical music station and after the song was done, they said if you live in the Towson, Baltimore area, it seems we just had an earthquake. Everybody was alive in the house with it, i had thought it was only limited to the specific room i was in but it wasn't , everybody in the house felt it.

They say its a 5.8 earthquake. WOW!, signs of the times huh.

Back
Top Bottom