Errors in "The Wave" (Online Version)

HowToBe said:
In Chapter 15, footnote 4:
http://cassiopaea.org/2010/05/12/the-wave-chapter-15-all-there-is-is-lessons-or-he-hideth-my-soul-in-the-cleft-of-the-rock/#sdfootnote4sym

We call the program Éiriú Eolas, which is Celtic for “Growth of Knowledge”.

Fixed.

Orange Scorpion said:
in the same chapter, after extensive quotation from ISOM. We find the following paragraph:

During the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries a considerable number of alchemical adepts traveled around Europe, appearing and disappearing at will. According to tradition, these adepts were immortal and kept themselves alive by means of the Elixir of Life, which was one of the goals of alchemy. That such mysterious men did exist there can be little doubt, as their presence is attested to by scores of reliable witnesses.

This paragraph is a synopsis of a paragraph of the book "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manly P. Hall:

During the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries a considerable number of alchemical adepts made their way from place to place throughout Europe, appearing and disappearing apparently at will. According to popular tradition, these adepts were immortal, and kept themselves alive by means of the mysterious medicine that was one of the goals of alchemical aspiration. It is asserted that some lived hundreds of years, taking no food except this elixir, a few drops of which would preserve their youth for a long period of time. That such mysterious men did exist there can be little doubt, as their presence is attested by scores of reliable witnesses.

There have been an oversight and has not been quoted so that seems that is Laura who speaks these words and not Manly P. Hall.

Looks to me like a paraphrasing and not a direct quote, thus why the paragraph is not blockquoted.

Wave, Chapter 16 (my bold):
As our experiment in channeling had proceeded, we discussed the many possible ways that a true higher source might be identified or validated. We both thought that a higher source, by virtue of greater and more inclusive Cosmic Perspective, would be able to make absolutely stunning predictions that would hit the mark every time.
The word "both" tripped me up a bit, because it's not completely clear to me ; Laura and who? Candy and Louise are mentioned a few paragraphs previously, and Frank is mentioned in the next paragraph. I gather that she means Frank and herself since this is supposed to have happened years prior to the events with Candy. Or have I gotten confused? Maybe this could use a slight clarification of the text, if that is possible.

Chapter 16:
<In other words you have to be on equal footing [with those with whom you associate closely.]

<But also like a warrior, you don’t leave your injured behind and if you see them being attacked from all sides you charge in swinging your sword.

I'm not sure what the angle brackets (<) are for.

Chapter 17

To name those involved is to infringe Free Will. We request your contemplation of the fruits of the actions. In this way you may discern for yourself this information.

This sounds like a C's quote, but is not distinguished from the surrounding text by quotation marks or a box.

It was a quote, I fixed it and some others in the chapter where blockquotes were missing.

From Chapter 23:

Zecharia Sitchin and William Bramley, following Von Däniken, have postulated that the ancient evidence demonstrates the actual, physical presence of an extraterrestrial race who came to earth to implement controls over humanity, with possible plans to return and harvest the fruits of their efforts. In both cases, their studies have indicated strongly that this extraterrestrial race does not have humanity’s best interests at heart! These guys did a lot of work, gathered a lot of facts, and were not listening to some bug-eyed Gray alien who was trying to convince them that “this is for you! We are here to help!”

There's a glitch symbol with von Däniken's name.

Found another one from the same chapter (I just finished reading it for my further understandings):

She also talks about the idea of the provisional nature of a covenant, and that this means that it is conditional. “Believe in me and obey me or else I will destroy you.” That’s all fine and good, and the chief thing that occurs to me is that this belief business in religions or whatever constitutes a sort of permission, if you will, to take the vengeful action if the agreement is broken. The Hebrew phrase for “he made a covenant”, is karat berît, or literally, he cut a covenant. In the covenant with Abraham in Genesis, animals are cut in two and a fire passes between them in a mysterious ritual. Then, there is the cutting of the flesh at circumcision, and the Sinai covenant where the laws were cut into stone. So, these covenants are apparently what constituted Israel as a nation. The entire foundational frame of Israel, which is the basis of Christianity, is framed by the severed pieces of animals, it seems.

The bold bit should be karat berit (with the "i" having some symbol replacing the dot - in the book, it looks like a boomerang - can't find it online - not sure if it's relevant, though).

Just a note that at least some of the errors listed by Don Genaro in this post are still in the online version.

Volume 8

Chapter 68:
Page 150: “Neandertals” (5th line from bottom). Should be "Neanderthals."

Page 159: “in the positive realms the the (mode)…” (line 5).

Chapter 69
Page 174: “Deepok Chopra” (3rd line from bottom) Should be "Deepak."

Possibility of Being said:
Just a note that at least some of the errors listed by Don Genaro in this post are still in the online version.

Volume 8

Chapter 68:
Page 150: “Neandertals” (5th line from bottom). Should be "Neanderthals."

This one can go either way, fwiw. _http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/spelling.html

Page 159: “in the positive realms the the (mode)…” (line 5).

Chapter 69
Page 174: “Deepok Chopra” (3rd line from bottom) Should be "Deepak."

Back
Top Bottom