Session 30 December 2023

It's probably true that not all AI are created equal, and some may be worse than others. So I suppose the next question is what do you think is 'really AI' or 'real AI'?
Being the current AI fad skeptic, I've had a dream about it, and the conclusion was that it's all about human-machine interaction. For some people, GPT-like tools are merging with their reality map; they are treating it as an oracle. A good example is my friend, who even asks GPT for medical advice about his medical condition, leading to a vicious circle because he will not get any information different than the mainstream that has failed him so many times. His reasoning seems to be offloaded to a machine, forming a kind of "wetware" computer, with the organic part realizing instructions issued by the machine. Kind of scary! Just try to imagine a 30,000-foot view of biological organisms with some degree of autonomy, with the core behavior voluntarily ruled by the computer system, updated from time to time by 4D STS via "higher-class" organisms.

Looks good.

Maybe lighten the FOTCM logo so as not to obscure the text, and/or make the text bolder or more prominent?🤔
Yes, I thought about lightening the logo some more, but was worried that it might be too subtle, but I can go more. The text is tricky because any bolder and it turns to gook. I put the white behind it to give it more separation. I’ll probably go with a different font than Tahoma anyway. One that has more definition.

On a maddening note, my software has become outdated, so it crashes every time I close the file and I have to reinstall the entire program each time. So I have to plan in advance. I used to love collecting multiple ideas on separate levels which I could turn on and off to see what looks better, but I guess those days are over. Sadly I think this will be my last art project.

*edit to add: Just saw your last post @sbeaudry . I’ll do the modifications above and then post a full sized version with crop marks so you can print it and cut it. Glad you like it!🙃

One final note regarding the bookmark. The image of the sample I posted was reduced to 72dpi to keep the file size small. The actual image is at 600dpi, so it in reality is much clearer, though the file size is equally large. The final will be sent directly to the forum member’s inbox full size. I just didn’t want to slow down the page loading for everyone by posting it that size in the thread. I’ll revise it tonight. I’ll also fix the redundant paragraphs, so as a bonus I’ll be able to increase the font size.😄

Last edited:
You know you have a couple stanzas in there twice?
Yes, I included in my last post that I would remove the redundant paragraphs. But thanks for pointing it out. I was rushing the mock up because my outdated software keeps crashing. It got so frustrating that I had to take a couple of nights to clear my head. I was just going to post an apology for the delay when I saw your comment. So two birds. Again thanks for your attention to the details. I would’ve been mortified if I sent it out like that!😆

Again thanks for your attention to the details.
I'm sorry I didn't see your comment about it in the previous post. I had bacon in the oven and the timer beeped for it to come out so I rushed off without reading the surrounding posts. :lol: Also, I was a "secretary" for 38 years and proofreading letters was very important. I've been away from it for a while but some of it must have stuck with me. :-D

Hi, in relation to Pierre communicating through a dream, I thought I'd share an experience my wife and I had the other day...

My wife's uncle, "Uncle Kenny" recently died. It had been on the cards for a while due to his health deteriorating over the last 2 years.

2 days before his funeral, I was pondering over whether he would be able to send a message of sorts, just to say that he's alright (I do think about people getting "stuck" when they die and being unaware that there is more than the physical realm). Anyway, I focused on my thought and left it at that.

Later that evening my wife said that there was something not right with her phone... the "voicemail" indicator that appears on the screen when you've been left one or when you call voicemail, no longer said "voicemail", but now said "Uncle Kenny"!!!

I told my wife what I had been pondering over, earlier that day.

We had a chat about the odds of that happening... leaning on your phone, inadvertently pressing the screen, swapping names and numbers over, etc. We were both laughing as the excuses/reasons seemed to get more and more fantastical and so, decided to just accept the message from Uncle Kenny.

(A short while later, my wife said that it had just dawned on her that she's never had Uncle Kenny's name or number in her phone)

I'm sorry I didn't see your comment about it in the previous post. I had bacon in the oven and the timer beeped for it to come out so I rushed off without reading the surrounding posts. :lol: Also, I was a "secretary" for 38 years and proofreading letters was very important. I've been away from it for a while but some of it must have stuck with me. :-D
I know exactly how you feel! I was art director at a local sporting goods company for years, and I had to check every inch of wording on all the t-shirts that went on the press. One name misspelled on a graduating class t-shirt and, oh boy. I was also in a band with an extremely talented but completely illiterate songwriter who would invent words because they fit and “sounded good” (“joycefully is not a word, Brian.”) I had to dig deep into my lexicon to find words to say the same thing, in time, and which rhymed.

Now I want bacon!😋

Being the current AI fad skeptic, I've had a dream about it, and the conclusion was that it's all about human-machine interaction. For some people, GPT-like tools are merging with their reality map; they are treating it as an oracle. A good example is my friend, who even asks GPT for medical advice about his medical condition, leading to a vicious circle because he will not get any information different than the mainstream that has failed him so many times. His reasoning seems to be offloaded to a machine, forming a kind of "wetware" computer, with the organic part realizing instructions issued by the machine. Kind of scary! Just try to imagine a 30,000-foot view of biological organisms with some degree of autonomy, with the core behavior voluntarily ruled by the computer system, updated from time to time by 4D STS via "higher-class" organisms.

I'm thinking that the AI Israel is using to bomb Gaza is probably the most egregious example of humans being turned into 'wetware' - no more human decision-making, no possibility of empathy, just go bomb civilians where the computer tells you to. The first case if AI-induced genocide...

Do you know if military AI would also be a language learning model, except instead of reading scientific papers or literature or whatever, it's directed to ingest tactical information, battle strategy, etc.?

Do you know if military AI would also be a language learning model, except instead of reading scientific papers or literature or whatever, it's directed to ingest tactical information, battle strategy, etc.?
I'm not certain about this, but, as far as I know, there are multimodal AI systems, so I'd expect them to have military applications. Multimodality in layman terms means that if you give AI an image, it could describe in the natural language what's on it, and vice versa.

I'm not certain about this, but, as far as I know, there are multimodal AI systems, so I'd expect them to have military applications. Multimodality in layman terms means that if you give AI an image, it could describe in the natural language what's on it, and vice versa.
there's this visual-language model that someone shared the other day

imho military is most certainly using multimodal semi-autonomous systems + whatever edge techniques they can and we know openai is behind it, that's why i avoid chatgpt and commercial tools who knows what kind of sickness they're feeding with it?
the r/localllama subreddit has many enthusiastic people who moved from chatgpt to local models but it's difficult to keep up with it everyday things change

Back
Top Bottom