Where is Buddy?

Laura said:
One thing we could do is to set up a little sub-forum where people who are going to be away for awhile can just post "I'm going on holiday, don't worry about me for two weeks." Others could leave instructions so that if anything happens to them, someone in their family would let us know.

I am glad that this came up. After PepperFritz's departure i instructed a friend to make sure that the forum would be notified of my death... but then i have been preparing for the last 1.5 years (and not planning on going any time soon).

Buddy

On my mind lately. He hasn't even signed in since last December, hope he's all right. Quite an intellect, and a voracious reader.

Re: Buddy

I think many forum members miss Buddy... if he around maybe he will say hello.

Last I remember he was doing some volunteer work, I suspect he might still be doing that, though, I hope he didn’t fall foul of those who might not care for his belief systems, and good nature.

Re: Buddy

Yes, I've thought about it lately, although does not interact directly with him, I read his interventions in a lot of threads, I hope all is well with him. :(

Interestingly, he crossed my mind also, yesterday evening and before.

Jerry said:
On my mind lately. He hasn't even signed in since last December, hope he's all right. Quite an intellect, and a voracious reader.

However, according to his post history, he didn't post since August 25th, which is kinda strange from what I remember about him, to be silent and on forum for 2.5 months.
In addition, it seems there were prior occurrences in 2009 when he would be away for some time (like two months), but never for this long.
Hope everything is OK with him, though.

P.S. What a surprise to see this "Buddy" thread disappear all of a sudden... Thanks Mods for merging the thread with the prior one mentioned above.

Sometimes I care about some members that I don't see and I ask myself: where are they? Are they alive or dead? What happened in their lives that suddenly we don't see them anymore? Are they absent because they are angry with the forum? And I look for them. And I care. For example I ask myself about a certain Richard, from South Africa that since 2012 he did not participate anymore. He had a little fight with Anart, if I remember correctly about a joke about women and then he disappeared.

The member I am talking is this one: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=8046

And sometimes I am not asking because I don't want to look too stupid or too "mama". But the lives of others are always a mystery, their experiences, their decisions. I hope I am not making noise.

I too wonder about Buddy, how he might be doing and have done so before. Since I joined the forum, I have seen him very active here and now he isn't any more since quite some time. Hope, everything is being OK.

I can also relate to Loreta, that I tend to think about forum members who have not been active here. Every reason may be possible for this. Sometimes they may just choose to go "into the wild", learn there and come back later, with plenty of new experiences (pleasant and unpleasant alike). Or they "ultimately" decided, the forum is not their place... But how can they/one know?

I for one had been "out in the wild", so to speak, for two years and only dropped a thanks here and then for a session with the Cs. Or I wished Laura a happy birthday. However, I had in mind to come back to the forum, at some point in the future, when I found myself to be more "suitable" or have "sorted out" my life better. And I justified bad decisions I had made during these two years, just as like: "Ok, I am going wild now and the forum doesn't look at me!" I have hurt me and other people during that time, and let other people hurt me as well. But yet I continued to read the forum, articles on SOTT and the "Wave" and - at least sometimes, I think, - tried to use concepts I have come to know via the forum. Often I failed, I think, as I have the "old me" and General Law taken the better of me and have not called any such concepts (of Work etc.) into my mind. Well, without the network, I was easy prey to hurt others and myself. But I think, I learned a lot during this time or at least have been made aware of many things, that need/ed yet to be learned by me.

The "future" of my return came along in January, especially with the incident in France and combat going on in Eastern Ukraine (and other things as well). I was thinking: "Oh, I think I cannot stand by any longer! I may not be "suitable" yet and fall, but I will try as a Work in process with the possibility to fall and stand up again." Singing in a gospel choir in my leisure time, I often had the song "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" in mind around that time, with the text: "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child - a long way from home..." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDwW8onaoA) Have returned home and been accepted, although still with so much "dirt". And I am so really thankful for it. Sorry if I may have hijacked this thread, but I thought it might be okay to share my experience regarding my own absence here...

Yeah Learner, I can relate to quite a bit you've said there about being in the wilderness. There has been a sort of now or never theme going through the Cassiopaean sessions recently. It was sort of presented to me as "You choose your future now, now what's it going to be?"

I thought Buddy was a pretty cool guy too and he always seemed to have insightful things to say.

Neil said:
Yeah Learner, I can relate to quite a bit you've said there about being in the wilderness. There has been a sort of now or never theme going through the Cassiopaean sessions recently. It was sort of presented to me as "You choose your future now, now what's it going to be?"

I thought Buddy was a pretty cool guy too and he always seemed to have insightful things to say.

Yes, I sensed this theme as well. I perceived it beginning with the session of December, 13th. The gist I took out of it was, that the phase of only gathering knowledge (or "going wild") is closing; now it is time to start implementing all this input in order to interact with reality and therefore start BE-ing by DO-ing. Which means getting out of the "snuggy" bubble or egg, and to make the effort to grow wings.

I agree, Buddy was one of the people who have helped processing lots of valuable information for others, thereby helping them to digest and implement it. But I wonder, if Buddy's absence is also a kind of signal from the universe to people to putting more vigor in connecting the dots by themselves (which I think, would include me too)? ...

I sent him an email to try to find out if he is okay.

I got the email. Thank you all for your interest in my well-being. I don't have much time right now, but wanted y'all to know I still have a connection of sorts with you. About the time Jerry bumped this thread, my thoughts started gravitating back to the forum.

I reached a point where I felt I didn't have much left to offer here, and I was feeling an intense pressure to get in the trenches, so to speak, to test all I knew or thought I knew. I started a mixed work of part volunteer and part paid activity of reaching out to homeless people who all had issues with everything from hopelessness to drug and alcohol addictions.

This has been an awesome learning experience for me! All my knowledge has been, or is now being, street-tested. I have increased my understanding of empathy, narcissism, manipulation, mental health and many other subjects to a level no amount of philosophising can do and I'm happy to say that, although I still have lots of work to do, I and people that have worked on my team, have been making measurable progress helping many people.

Again, thanks to everyone for their concern. I will try to check in more often in hopes of sharing what I'm learning!

Great to know you're okay, Buddy! Would like to hear of your adventures in the trenches. Take care. :hug2:

Thanks for letting us all know you are ok. It looks like your endeavors in helping others who are less fortunate are producing results. Maybe now you will more feel that you have something to contribute here. Regardless, we would be pleased to hear from you once in a while.

Thanks for letting us know, Buddy. And I also think you have much to contribute here. If you find the time maybe you could share a bit about your experiences. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom