(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Just in case the Audio from yesterday's AM-EU workshop does not get posted before next week´s workshop takes place (on Sunday, 4th September), here a reminder that we are on page 52 of the book, and will continue with this paragraph (the last one on the page):

It is fairly easy to suggest that Paul adopted the idea of dying and resurrecting gods of the pagans 191, but I don´t think it is quite that simple. Wells proposes, based on Frazer, that when the dying and resurrecting agriculture gods were transferred to city life, the objects of their revivification became human beings themselves and the resurrection of the god was thought to ensure that of his devotees. That is, those who associated with a particular god, and supported that deity by devotion, would also achieve a new life after the death of the body. All around the Empire there were public and private cults focused around such promises. It was essentially an expansion of the patronage 192 system into cosmology.

From Paul to Mark, some posts by participants in the reading workshop
Below, are a number of posts with comments and resources posted in this thread since the Au-Asia-Am reading of From Paul to Mark began on April 2. The list should make it easier to review the posts with content, if anyone is interested in what has already been written.

April 3: @Arwenn posts links Jesus vs Paul, list of Christian denomination, Judaism and Christianity, to chapters in the Wave
Chapter 26: The Tree of Life and Chapter 41: The Realm of Archetypes
April 10: @Ryan posts notes related to ancestor worship.
April 16: @thorbiorn posts C's quote on Caesar, shifted timeline. There is a list of Bible and Christianity related threads on the Forum, plus some links to MindMatters.
April 23: @Arwenn posts a link to video clip by JBP commenting on Matthew, excerpts from C's Sessions, and Mary Settegast
April 24: @Arwenn posts an image about the evolution of life, and C's session about Zoroaster.
April 24: @Ryan writes a post related to Zoroaster, with quotes from Laura.
May 10: @Ryan comments on Zoroaster.
May 21: @Arwenn lists various articles and videos about Caesar and the links between Caesar and the character of Jesus.
August 5: @Keit posts a link to a Video about how Jesus became Christ
August 7: @Arwenn links to articles by John Carter and the first two articles of "The Gospel of Mark Antony" that are now on SOTT, here and here, while a third article has come up since.
August 11: @T.C. posts a link to series of videos about Mark, Matthew and Luke
August 15: @cassandra posts a video by Richard Carrier about why the gospels are myths.
August 19: @Arwenn shares a link about the Hasmonean and Herodian dynasties
August 20: @Keit shares a video that explains the concepts of BC and AD, CE and BCE
August 20: @Arwenn discusses the possibility of a timeline and @T.C. and @Ryan comments on the idea in subsequent posts.

I greatly appreciate you guys!

That was my first workshop, and I will definitely see you guys next weekend. I have to troubleshoot my microphone or possibly buy a headset because even when I unmuted myself, my audio still wasn’t going through.

And regarding the method and pace these workshops take, I will say you’re doing a great job @logos5x5. @T.C. was right on the money when he referenced not wanting to move along too quickly without gathering the gems as one moves along the pavement, because I learned a great deal in just that hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom