Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

What I read from his comments is that he, Putin and Russia to a great extent have eyes wide open to what could happen in the future. Putin said years ago that a world without Russia is unthinkable. They were forced on a course, set by others, to defend not only themselves but whatever of humanity wants to follow them. Putin and by extension all those who support him are prepared to take this to it's ultimate conclusion. They will die (Russia) rather than be taken prisoner. To me this is a repeat of the Trojan War. Russia will finish this war one way or the other. What the result will be God only knows but I really believe it will be Russia who decides the outcome.
I may be totally wrong but Russia's constancy seems to speak to this and they are mentally and spiritually prepared.

Actually, the whole situation reminds me of Plato's description of the great Atlantean war. But then, probably the Trojan War was based on the same event.

See here for the actual text of Plato:

Looking from the reports, more and more thermobaric weapons are being deployed. The gloves are going off.

People will now begin to understand that a Russian victory was always assured. The question was just how it would be accomplished. Sad that it come to this. What to say about it, thermobaric weapons are extreme destructive and leave no prisoners. No one will ever recognize you after, provided you haven't disappeared in a pile of ashes.

Artillery of the Russian Armed Forces again struck the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine — Sukhoi Headquarters in the Nikolaevskaya-Krivoy Rog direction.

White flashes were visible from dozens of kilometers. According to some reports, Russian thermobaric heavy flamethrower systems TOS-1A worked on the said targets.

Apparently, tomorrow the Armed Forces of Ukraine will again have to evacuate the seriously wounded to Bereznegovatoe. How they’re going to do that is unknown. They will face difficulties due to the rising water level in the Ingulets— as Russian Armed Forces struck the hydraulic structures in Krivoy Rog and Iskrovka.

Last edited:
What really strikes me here about Medvedev‘s statements are several points, which leave me wondering what the heck is going on:

[...]

- (Correct me if I’m wrong) Medvedev was always considered to be more on the liberal and moderate side? If so, how come that he „changed“ so much now?
I'm guessing that his comments probably reflect what he thinks, as well as what (some) others in that circle think, and perhaps also, in part, what Putin thinks, but cannot be seen to publicly say.

Whilst what he says is probably true should the worst happen, i would imagine it's also intended as a warning, in the hopes that it might help, in some way, avert the situation from getting worse; even though it's probably also understood that it getting worse is inevitable, it's just how bad it will get is not yet clear.

As for the sudden change in Medvedev: Tim Kirby recently put out a video addressing that very question. It's a short video but, if i remember correctly, what he basically says is that Medvedev never was the liberal he played himself to be whilst president, and instead that he, more of less, took it on as a role because it was conducive to diplomacy at the time. What with his recent comments, it seems there's probably some truth to that.

Medvedev's comments were appropriately fierce, even so, it still took me by surprise. He apparently even got biblical!

As for the idea that he may be a 'mole', i hadn't heard that, but maybe i missed something.

The video:

Last edited:
Is it ok to laugh now?

Poland passes reparations bill​

"The request of $1.3 trillion from Germany"

/.../

By doing that, the ruling party PiS (Law and Justice) gained a few points ahead of the upcoming 2023 parliamentary election. The same time Poland as a state has further hurt her reputation (if it's still possible) and worsened already poor relationship with her direct neighbour, Germany. Short-sighted and self-serving policy on the part of the master of making enemies all over around, and whose leaders and propagandists should have been institutionalized long ago.

Ukraine at night on Sep 6

The Russians spared some, just barely enough to keep Ukraine power supply at a minimum.

View attachment 64011
You know, this could actually be an intentional blackout. You do this when you expect bombing raids so you try to make it harder for the planes to acquire their targets.
If this is from Sep 6, it's before all the recent hits on power plants.

As for the sudden change in Medvedev: Tim Kirby recently put out a video addressing that very question. It's a short video but, if i remember correctly, what he basically says is that Medvedev never was the liberal he played himself to be whilst president, and instead that he, more of less, took it on as a role because it was conducive to diplomacy at the time. What with his recent comments, it seems there's probably some truth to that.

As far as I can tell, Medvedev's "liberalism" concerned the economy and that's it. And was especially exercised when he was the PM (2012-2020) and devoted to rebuild Russian economy, or make Russia great again if you will. And he succeeded to a great extent.

It's good to remember that the beginning of his presidency (2008-2012) was marked with Russian intervention in Georgia, a big thing at that time and a very difficult decision for him alone to be made. He talked about it in a Conversation with Authors of the Film ‘In August of 2008’. Well worth a look. 8 mins long video and Russian transcript here, transcript translated into to English here. For those who don't understand Russian, I'd suggest watching the original video and reading the translated transcript.

By the way, re-watching what was happening back then, the Western reaction and Russia's answers, is like seeing a softer version of what's going on right now. Exactly the same Western indignation that someone dared to get in its way and same rhetoric. And it was already back then that Medvedev talked about unsustainability of the unipolar world. Since then, Russia has been keeping her course and values, while the desperate West (=USA) keeps escalating their efforts to maintain world-wide dominance, exploitation, brainwashing, and never ending wars in every corner of the world.

Just watch these two short interviews from TWELVE years ago:

Al Jazeera talks to Dmitry Medvedev - 26 Aug 08

euronews - interview - Dmitry Medvedev, Sep 3, 2008

As far as I can tell, Medvedev's "liberalism" concerned the economy and that's it. And was especially exercised when he was the PM (2012-2020) and devoted to rebuild Russian economy, or make Russia great again if you will. And he succeeded to a great extent.

Based on your feedback and personal preferences or bias aside ;-) , I decided to look more into it. I found an article (in Russian) dated 5th of March, 2010. I have no access to this site (probably banned for Russian IPs), but there is a cached version. It is a pro-Western site. Here's a translated quote:

Do Russian liberals have reason to hope that President Dmitry Medvedev will really reform Russia? Newsweek's Moscow correspondents call Medvedev a "fake liberal. Despite promises to shrink the bureaucracy, create an independent judiciary, rebuild the economy, and crack down on police corruption, so far the reforms remain superficial. Medvedev is absolutely loyal to his mentor, Vladimir Putin, so the reforms cannot affect the business interests of the FSB and top bureaucrats who control the huge state corporations - Gazprom, Rosneft, and others. Newsweek quotes Russian analysts as saying that the Medvedev reforms are part of the "Russia 2020" plan drawn up by Putin's team back in 2005. Its first phase gave the Kremlin control over the media and political parties. The second phase, controlled liberalization, would allow more freedom of the press, friendlier relations with the West, and the hiring of former liberal critics of the regime as Kremlin advisers.

If Putin and his team are still in power, why do they need liberals like Medvedev? The main reason, according to Newsweek, is that the appearance of reforms will allow them to keep the money they have managed to embezzle during their decade in power. Transparency International Russia estimates that the Russian economy has been stripped of more than $200 billion annually. They need reassurance that the next generation of leaders will not hold them accountable. Medvedev and Putin have different styles, outlooks, and backgrounds, but they are united in their understanding of the main task: not to allow outsiders into the system under any circumstances. Regardless of what post Putin holds, the authoritarian system he created will remain in place, along with the people he appointed to run it. Medvedev is one of them," concludes Newsweek.

As I said, despite my currently held view regarding Medvedev, the above is a pretty damning argument for Medvedev being a "fake liberal". And that his liberal persona was cultivated to appease the Western powers and who knows, maybe to buy time before all the chess pieces are in place. If so, then him becoming the next president could not be such a bad thing after all. If he will have the back up of Putin's advisers, of course.

But I do want to reiterate that this chameleon approach, at least currently, backfires on him, since many Russians do perceive this change of tactic as disingenuous. But then recent withdrawal from Izyum and the afterward hysteria also show that many people lack broader/geopolitical perception of how things operate in the background. So will see how it goes.

Ukraine at night on Sep 6

The Russians spared some, just barely enough to keep Ukraine power supply at a minimum.

View attachment 64011

It has nothing to do with Russian strikes on power plants, etc.
Since the beginning of the war, Ukraine has had a curfew and blackout. Nighttime lighting is prohibited and threatens problems and fines.
In my region, the curfew is from 21:00 to 5:00, so no lights or exterior lights are allowed out of the windows during that time.

In addition, Russia's recent strikes on thermal power plants are exaggerated. There was no "blackout" in most regions of the country; it was 3 or 4 regions, in part at that. And Ukraine quickly restored power by reconnecting from other plants and lines. At least in the Kharkiv region, not completely, but primarily infrastructure facilities.
It was mostly a Russian PR campaign aimed primarily at its own citizens to change the noise in the info-field after the defeat near Kharkov and the Ukrainian army's withdrawal to the state borders.

And last night, the Ukrainian Armed Forces shelled several settlements in Russia's Belgorod region, firing more than 20 shells into streets and homes, some of which hit electrical substations, leaving the community without power or water. According to preliminary information, at least one local resident was killed.

Ukraine has no "red lines," and Russia is forced to tolerate this and has no way of explaining to its own citizens their deaths, injuries, and the shelling of their homes.

The Russian telegram channels already have all these videos, you can see them from Anatoly Shariy or Rybar (if you are also interested in the text of the messages, you can translate them through a translator).

In my opinion, Medvedev is simply scoring points on the urapatriotism of the Russians in case that if Putin is suddenly "removed" - he will have a better chance of becoming president. His loud statements do not make any sense except for the emotional upsurge for the frenzied crowd.
It was the United States that awakened the sleeping Dimon at this moment as a chance to put its man at the head of Russia.
And Medvedev is his own person for the USA, although he did not fulfill his task in 2008, he is still negotiable and will do everything to make the owner in the USA happy, he will tear Russia apart.

For Russia, he did nothing useful, but he successfully merged the civil aircraft industry, education - "There is no money, but you hold on" (c).
In fact, during Medvedev's presidency, Russia was still ruled by Putin.

If Medvedev comes, then the 90s will return for Russia. Destruction, famine, death - all because he is a bastard, and is able to serve only the Western master, and not the people of Russia. Medvede has become a meme and I hope he never becomes president.

На мой взгляд - Медведев просто набивает очки на урапатриотизме у Россиян на случай, что если вдруг Путина "уберут" - у него будет больше шансов стать президентом. Его громкие заявления не несут никакого смысла кроме эмоционального подъёма для оголтелой толпы.
Именно США пробудил спящего Димона в этот момент как шанс поставить во главе России своего человека.
А Медведев для США свой человек, хоть и не выполнил свою задачу в 2008 году он все ещё договороспособный и сделает все, что бы хозяин в США был доволен, он развалит Россию на части.

Для России он ничего полезного не сделал, зато успешно слил гражданское авиастроение, образование - "Денег нет, но вы держитесь"(с).
По сути, во время президентства Медведева Россией все так же управлял Путин.

Если придет Медведев, то вернутся 90е годы для России. Разрушение, голод, смерть - все потому, что он подпиндосник, и способен служить только западному хозяину, а не народу России. Медведе стал мемом и я надеюсь, что он никогда не станет президентом.

Back
Top Bottom