Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Does anyone have a link to Putin's speech? (a "video" with English translation)
The official Kremlin link to Putin's speech is here.

After read all of Putin's speach he gave on signing ceremony, I would say that is the pivotal point in history. The west would say thats just "another great speach", but it represent final end in relations beetwen West and Russia (and the whole other world on the side of Russia). It is not something that anyone doesnt knew already, but I think its simbolically important that is said through the mouth of the main man of the forces who opose the West.
I think it's the most important speech in my lifetime.

The official Kremlin link to Putin's speech is here.

I think it's the most important speech in my lifetime.
A magnificent speech. A speech that wasn't full of pandering to the 'woke' like our alleged leaders do; mumbling words devoid of anything but air. This was a speech that shows that there are those out there who still love their country; they love their people; and they love their families and compatriots. I'm blown away - and so impressed by Putin.

- You and others directly on the ground keep saying that you are shelled by russians and/or that the russians do bad things where you are or in other places. I would invite you to think about all the points I bring up here while you think about what you seem to be "seeing with your own eyes". Generally speaking, people in the thick of it, especially in such a war type environment/situation, are often convinced that what they assume to see on the ground "with their own eyes" is true and/or reflective of a larger picture. In fact, that is often not true.

- You and others directly on the ground, and also often armchair generals, keep saying and complaining about Russians leaving this or that area (or doing this or that "false/wrong" military or moral move here or there) and thereby leaving people into the hands of Ukraine monsters, here or there, for example. Here again, I think what is often missed in those accounts/assumptions/proclamations are all the previous mentioned points that I brought up above and ALSO, the following three simple facts:

First: Putin's number 1 mandate and priority is and will always be the well-being of RUSSIA itself and Russian people IN RUSSIA, which directly translates into Putin trying to minimize the suffering and death of those people, first and foremost, as good as possible (and therefore logically, of Russian service man). Every other consideration comes secondary to that priority for Putin, and rightly and justifiably so. Second: Free will; It isn't Putin's or Russia's fault nor is it their responsibility what happens to Ukrainians or Ukrainian territory. Putin's mandate and primary job is clear: the well-being of RUSSIA itself and Russians IN RUSSIA. What happens to Ukrainian land, Ukrainians and Ukrainian people is essentially none of his business and is primarily the result of the western hegemony over many decades AND the free will of a large portion of that country, that to one extent or the other, went along with that evil/satanic plan, right into the abyss, while another part resisted and appealed within their free will to Russia, to help them. The famous C's quote comes to mind "Only give to those who ask". And Putin and what he does is a perfect example of that IMO. Syria also asked. So, if you say "why do they leave" you should ask yourself "why wouldn't/shouldn't they?" while keeping all of the above points in mind at the same time! Third: It becomes more obvious by the day that Putin and co. have sketched out many plans and considerations over the years (which are constantly shifting and changing in some respects too) that are now implemented. It is always easy to forget that there might be pretty obvious and justified reasons for why Putin is doing this or that right now, which only becomes fully understandable in hindsight, because there were overarching plans/considerations that were not apparent at the moment they were first implemented/seen on the ground by outsiders to those plans/considerations.

The extent of the hypocrisy and cynicism here amazes me. Over the past few days of reading this thread, I have become convinced once again that fighting windmills is the stupidest and most depressing thing in the world.

Every day it is claimed here that all thinks and checks before writing anything, yet some posts are nothing more than fantasies and speculations of dreamers.
I really don't mean to insult or offend anyone, but I am bitter about it all.

Well, I've been declared schizophrenic, fine. You from other parts of the world know better what is going on in front of my eyes and in other places. And people's homes are destroying themselves, probably because they don't want to be part of Ukraine, not because someone is destroying them with rockets and hundreds of shells from rocket artillery, covering areas equal to several soccer fields - because that is exactly the "accuracy" of MLRS fire. I can't say that destroying 50 houses around just to try to cover one military facility or position is a justifiable move. And in that, Russian tactics are not much different than American or Ukrainian tactics. But of course you know better from Europe or Canada.
There's a lot more I would say, but I just don't see any point in it now. It doesn't interest anyone.

"The military operation was launched in order to do well for Russia, not to those whom they came to protect and liberate. The suffering of the Ukies and others because of the war the Russians started is only the problem of the Ukies and others. Russia has nothing to do with it."
Genius.
And the fact that they decide to leave the "liberated" territories over and over again, abandoning the inhabitants, is not a concern of Putin or the army, the Ukies live there, so they don't give a shit about them. In Krasny Liman, Izyum and Balakleya, too, there were only Ukies. With Russian passports, but still nasty Ukies. And the fact that they were all promised that no one would leave them there and protect them doesn't mean anything and doesn't bind them to any responsibility.

What am I picking on here with my hundreds of thousands of tortured and brutally murdered inhabitants, Putin is shake up the Earth globe, here is a real show of care and mercy, here is a real movie. Not all these "little things of life".

That's a good to say, sitting on the comfort couch with popcorn.
If your rescuers had killed your children, just like that, with a rocket at night, for example, and the love ones of your friends - and you would have told yourself and them all that you justify in your messages. And what the hell with them, your dead children and all the rest too - the main thing is what they show on TV over there.

"Give only to those who ask."
I asked them to arrange it all. Is that it?
The residents of all those regions asked to be visited, to destroy their cities, and then to leave quietly, without burdening themselves in any way and without worrying about the consequences? Then, by this logic, the residents of Donetsk are asking to be killed on a daily basis.

If you decide to shake up the world and fight the hegemony of the one, then don't call all this crap "taking care of people and protecting them". And then there won't be any questions.
Again, this kind of hypocrisy is simply unacceptable to me.

Isn't that the most important lesson and choice: Who you are and what choices you make? If hundreds of thousands of souls mean nothing to someone, what can that say about such a person?
I know that suffering, loss and pain are inevitable and part of being. I know what forces rule the world. But you cannot explain this to all those who, by someone else's will, deprive them of everything.
Tell yourself that it is all right and very well if in the process those you love die and everything you have is destroyed and taken from you.
It's not attachment to the earth, it's just compassion and empathy. That's all it is.
And yet, in spite of everything, I continue to feel sympathy for Russia.

I will just read this forum, but I don't feel like writing anything here right now. Thank you for demotivating and distorting my words. That's what I came here for, I guess.
I'm sorry for barging in here with my "disorderly conduct" and disturbing you.

I sincerely wish everyone well.

Well, if you haven’t done so already you should also read Lavrov‘s/Putin‘s two recent speeches at the UN, and most especially the first one of those two (brought up a number of pages back). And Putins mobilization speech combined with what Shoigu said shortly after. If we are lucky there is still much more to come. So fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the show/ride!

Last edited:
Well, I've been declared schizophrenic, fine.

No, you haven’t been declared schizophrenic.

You from other parts of the world know better what is going on in front of my eyes and in other places.

No, not necessarily. It would be helpful if you just try for a minute, as hard as it might be in your current situation, to try to bring up some concrete examples or facts, either from your own experiences or that which inform your thinking, in order for us to understand what you are trying to say and how you reach those conclusions. What exactly you are trying to say or get at hasn’t been clear so far, to me at least. While doing that, it would be helpful if you would try to to follow what Keit said:

And a general request to everyone, especially forum members who reside in either Russia or Ukraine.

Please refrain from sharing emotionally loaded opinions and statements. […] Here we aim to THINK before we post.

Don’t get me wrong, it is perfectly understandable that you feel the way you do under those dire circumstances. I don’t presume for a moment to even have a remote idea of what you are going through on daily basis but I do have a rough idea what a toll it must be emotionally and physically. So, hang in there and I hope you will find some hope soon! It is understandable that you are very emotional about all of it and that it is very hard to not express yourself in that way under those conditions. I don’t know if it is possible for you, considering the circumstances, or if you have tried it, but maybe try to meditate or at least calm yourself down for a while in other ways, daily? It might proof to be very helpful for you and the people around you.

Why can't they just destroy all detected AFU military equipment (and all artillery as main targets) BEFORE they once again begin their fire? To stop this and minimize the shelling of the nuclear plant and Russia's own military positions and supply and ammo depots. Especially considering that there is a large percentage of the local population in the "liberated" territories who are still on Zelensky's side and give to AFU and security services all movings and positions of Russian troops and civilian activists.
With the Ukrainian military equipment among civilians, are you saying the Russian military should attack anyway and likely kill many civilians around the Ukrainian military equipment?
Thank you for demotivating and distorting my words. That's what I came here for, I guess.
You've been ranting and your thoughts don't make sense. As an example, previously you talked about destroying Ukrainian artillery which are placed among civilians, and you were silent when I asked you if you're saying Russia should attack anyway and likely kill those civilians.

From zerohedge:

"Gone In 30 Minutes" - Next On Europe's Doomsday List: Collapse Of Cell Phone Networks
It's not just heating that could be missing across Europe this winter: cell phones may be the next to go. That's because if power cuts or energy rationing knocks out parts of the mobile networks across the region, mobile phones could go dark around Europe this winter according to the latest doomsday reporting from Reuters.

While everyone knows by now that Europe's chances of rationing and power shortages have exploded ever since Moscow suspended gas supplies, in France, the situation is even worse as several nuclear power plants are shutting down for maintenance. And the cherry on top: telecom industry officials told Reuters they fear a severe winter will put Europe's telecoms infrastructure to the test, forcing companies and governments to try to mitigate the impact (i.e., more bailout demands).

The problem, as four telecoms executives put it, is that currently there are not enough back-up systems in many European countries to handle widespread power cuts, raising the prospect of mobile phone outages. Realizing that in just weeks Europe could be cell phone free, countries including France, Sweden and Germany, are scarmbling to ensure communications can continue even if power cuts end up exhausting back-up batteries installed on the thousands of cellular antennas spread across their territory.

Alas, like with everything else in Europe, it's too little, too late and Europe is facing a truly historic cell phone black out because while Europe has nearly half a million telecom towers, most of them have battery backups that last around 30 minutes to run the mobile antennas. After that they go dark.

One of the alternatives being discussed is pushing Europe back to communist era blackout regimes: In France, a plan put forward by electricity distributor Enedis, includes potential power cuts of up to two hours in a worst case scenario, two sources familiar with the matter said.

In terms of the Caesar - Putin - connection
Hopefully, like Caesar before him, he has DCM on his side. He certainly is bear enough to stand up for all that is sadly gone to hell in a hand basket in the world today - TRADITIONAL VALUES! And the ONLY chance to bring in STO virtues.
I totally get what you are saying...
At the same time, I recall reading somewhere on this site something like: 'The All blinks neither at the light, nor the dark'.
I don't know that there are really 'sides' from the perspective of the DCM, just different viewpoints from our individual and collective (unevolved) perspective; that's just part of being human from what I can tell. The C's have said they serve ALL (both STS and STO) and that humans are fragmented parts of a soul unit:

Session 20 September 1997

Q: Are human beings like that or moving in that direction, becoming unified soul?

A: Fragmented.

Q: Human beings are a fragmented soul. Were we once a unified soul?

A:
Once and future.

Q: When one is a unified soul, then obviously all the experiences of the former fragments become everyone's experience, so to speak. Is that correct?

A: Close.

There is NO other leader capable - as we are all too aware sadly. But he leads by example, and is the banner for all of us, and those with two firing neurons, to follow, support, and encourage!
A very lonely and continually dangerous, place to be!

Session 16 August 2014

(Puck) Is Putin a descendant of Julius Caesar? [laughter]

A: No, but member of the same soul group.

I have often thought how incredibly difficult Putin's role is, and have wondered how much of a 'life' does he really have? I try to consider the immense sacrifices he has made that most people would be completely unaware of, the suffering he and so many others have personally endured in Russia (which I think are fundamental to his life path and have contributed greatly to his consciousness and carefully considered actions) and the fact that, at heart, my impression is that he appears to genuinely have concern for all of humanity, his focus is not simply restricted to those connected to Russia. It appears that he has chosen a very challenging Soul path, as have Laura et al, who have truly chosen to seek the light of Christ within their Souls, who have never caved and just given in and given up despite attack after relentless attack (although there would have been many times it would have been so easy to!) who do all they can to grow in knowledge and shine a light for others who resonate with this frequency on some level. Those are some big soul contracts.

Session 22 March 2014

Q: (L) Okay, I guess the question on a lot of people's minds is: How about that Vladimir Putin, huh?

A: He's not perfect but
he's the best your planet has in such a position at this time.

Q: (L) So, he's not a psychopath?

A: No.

Q: (Perceval) Is there anyone essentially giving him orders? Is what he's doing being controlled directly in that sense?

A: Not in the sense you mean, but yes in the sense of
conscience.

Q: (Ark) I think that what is of value is that he has the right team of advisors. When you have your advisors and they are smart and knowledgeable, they are experts in certain areas, and they will say, "If you do this, this will be the result, so I suggest that."

A: Indeed, there are many in Russia who learned in a school of
hard reality difficult for Westerners to imagine. On top of this, they are better educated in general.

It is so easy to criticise anyone in a position of great responsibility and make massive sweeping judgements about them. I do not see Putin as 'perfect' (he is human!) nor do I assume his history is immaculate by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel his heart is in the right place and his frequency is rising as he steps more powerfully onto his path, not flinching from the incredibly hard choices he has had to make - and will continue to do so. If he had been a man who had been raised differently, who had not endured very difficult times, observing and experiencing pain and suffering first hand, he might not have had the strength to hold this very stormy course and encourage others to stand with him in defiance to those who wish to inflict their psychotic architecture upon all that dwell within this density, and all who associate with and are aligned with such entities.

I feel that there is a part of Putin that has really had to harden himself on so many levels, and really sharpen and hone all his instincts. I sometimes feel that the whole experience of the 'Special Operation' in Ukraine was one where he knew there would be terrible cost - but it is almost as though he knew if some kind of steps were not taken now and crystal clear lines drawn, then the agenda of those running 'the show' and the objectives of the West would just run rampant, until there was no HUMANITY actually left.

So I am sure the majority of forumites here, understand that our stance, thinking, actions and overall intentions, as a group, go a LONG way to helping the course and outcomes of all events. This has been proven quite a few times.
Yes, critical analysis plays an important part. However, the general energies, positive intentions, and understanding of the situations, globally, and for Russia's operations, are ESSENTIAL. As the C's have told us on many occasion.
The work we do here, the knowledge we acquire within the network, from the C's and especially thanks to Laura and the team, are NOT just for our OWN progression. The help, support and growth we have accrued throughout the many years we have benefited here, is ALSO TO HELP HUMANITY AND OUR PLANET!

Session 11 January 1995

Q: (Barry) What is the purpose of this contact?

A: To help you to learn, thus gain knowledge, thus gain protection, thus progress.

Q: (Barry) What do the Cassiopaeans gain from this contact?

A: By helping you, we are moving toward fulfilling of our destiny of union with you and all else, thus
completing the Grand cycle.

Q: (Barry) Is this the only probability open to you or is this the best probability open to you?

A: Both.

Session 12 July 2014

Q: (L) Alright, you've got Caesar. Ask him!

(Atriedes) Is it true that Marius was your model as a military leader, or were you influenced by Alexander the Great or Scipio?

A: All and other influences of a nonmilitary nature.

Q: (Atriedes) So, when you took on the army, was it with the foreknowledge that it was highly probably that you would have to use them in a civil war?

A: No. That is what broke my heart and health. Rome could have been the shining city on the hill, light of the world.

[...]
Q: (Atriedes) Did you have any vices?

A: None that controlled me.

Q: (Alana) I want to know what inspired you, and kept you going despite the times? What was like your belief, faith...?

A: I was most inspired by Posidonius and the ideas of the Stoics of the ancient times. What drove me was love and pity.

Q: (L) Love and pity for who?

A: Humanity

Q: (L) Pity, why?

A: They are lost.

I wonder if Putin, being from the same soul group, deep down feels the same as Caesar, and has committed to giving his 'all' because he has real knowledge within his soul and faith in what he sees is possible - an inherent awareness of the "expanded present" - the potential that exists that transcends this current (nightmare) experience. I feel he knows that it is worth whatever incredibly painful choices he must make in this life. I believe that for every innocent life lost in this 'Special Operation', he really does feel a terrible weight with that, but to take direct action now rather than stand by any longer, would seem to be the 'lesser of two evils'. He knows and SEES where the agenda of the Elites is headed.

This is one of the quotes from the C's that makes me smile:

Session 10 October 2015

(Perceval) There's been talk before of a kind of secret government that is not the overt government. Is it possible that they are in some way restraining the Americans like you just described?

A: The secret government did not anticipate Putin. :-P :rotfl:

:cheer:

Session 18 August 2002

A: Chaos is part of the conditions or the creation of a new reality.

Q: (T) There's a lot of reality out there to break down...(L) It's got to break down. (T) It's in the process of breaking down.
What is the quantum change that's coming? Quantum shift.

A:
This depends on the observer.

Session 10 October 2015

(L) So these are the kinds of small changes people can make. And by making these changes, what then happens?

A:
Will attract the new reality incrementally.

Q: (Chu) I guess it's like becoming a better antenna for what you want to attract. Your outward appearance and how you present yourself... But then they said self-representation? That would attract the reality. It already exists somewhere, so it's not like you create it.

(L) You move yourself towards it by activating it in your own life.

(Perceval) We've been trying to attract a reality where the USA gets its ass handed to it... [laughter]

(L) And it looks like it's happening!

(PoB) But there are still people in this reality for whom what's going on now is not the most desirable development. So, why are they here if they didn't work towards this outcome?

(Perceval) There's probably a merging or overlapping of realities...

Session 29 December 2009

A: The more who see, the more that can see!
And didn't we once say that it is not where you are but rather WHO you are and what you SEE!!

All there is, is lessons. :flowers:

Don’t get me wrong, it is perfectly understandable that you feel the way you do under those dire circumstances. I don’t presume for a moment to even have a remote idea of what you are going through on daily basis but I do have a rough idea what a toll it must be emotionally and physically. So, hang in there and I hope you will find some hope soon! It is understandable that you are very emotional about all of it and that it is very hard to not express yourself in that way under those conditions. I don’t know if it is possible for you, considering the circumstances, or if you have tried it, but maybe try to meditate or at least calm yourself down for a while in other ways, daily? It might proof to be very helpful for you and the people around you.
This is a good idea, because it is true that no one here can understand what you're going through exactly. But at the same time, distant as it may seem, someone else's more grounded view of the situation isn't wrong, just because they're not in your shoes.

And in terms of grounding, all I could perhaps say, and I don't mean to sound dismissive is, there's also a practical reality to a military conflict, and violence, however well intended, will always be violence and that will always cause destruction. Russia is imperfect, Putin is indeed imperfect, and so are their actions, but they're doing what no one else in the world is doing for the rest of the world.

I think expecting or hoping for them to swing into town, eliminate all threats and then remain to ensure that they never return is a bit unrealistic, considering who they're fighting against. Specially when those who they're fighting against are a group for whom the very chaos and destruction that troubles the soul is a goal in itself.

it is a military confrontation, but it is not being fought with the rules of war, where when one side is defeated they will retreat, it's a conflagration of everything evil in the planet, torturing Ukraine and pushing her into suicide, against the only nation that would stand against it.. imperfectly, but bravely.

I don't want to get too carried away, so perhaps let me summarize it by saying that, having realistic expectations might help you find some peace and help you navigate the events around you Lumiere, expecting perfection from Russia.. specially in the circumstances they're operating, could only make things worse, IMHO.

A lofty speech may well be convincing, but intent rarely reads off a blank page.
Surely i do not need to remind you all of the works of David Icke and everyone contemporary, lest we importantly forget Alan Watt for example (no, not Alan Watts). It is a rather big move to elevate a singular power figure above all of the treachery and selfishness that has been happening over millenia. While history is shaky upon it's own scientific 'fundamentals' it does appear increasingly more like Cremo, Hancock and such have the correct approach to a real picture. Shit i even would reference Laurence Gardner and Jonathan Black here, if only we could sift the fiction from the truth in those narratives.

The god in the talmud is a vengeful and strange entity that got snuck into the old testament. The almost endless dragon/ reptile symbology around the world is baffling, yet ties into this. The new design of the vatican congegration room has zero bearing on anything tied to real Christianity. There has been something deeply wrong with this planet for a long time despite 'our better angels'. To pin hopes on something completely out of our hands, and forces that have alot of blood on theirs, expecting the whole paradigm to change, is folly to me. Power corrupts, which is why a different modus operandi is the only answer. Few people recognize the tragedy of real democracy dying within 4 generations back in old Greece.

Yes i covered subjects that you could write several thousand books about. It is what it is, we are running out of time.
This is a spiritual conflict, and i have seen declarations of war come from every country, including Russia.

Russia halts gas delivery to Italy – Eni​

"Gazprom informed the company that it’s is unable to transport supplies via Austria"

Gazprom is working on a solution to the problem together with Italian buyers,” the company stated."

Article:

I can't enter/read the article, it takes too long or the page is out of order. I am taking it from here Russian gas stops flowing to Italy after Austria refuses 'to confirm nominations', something funny - to say, it's happening in Italy.

It's important to note most of the Russian NatGas delivered to Italy flows through Ukraine via the Trans Austria Gas Pipeline to Tarvisio in northern Italy on the border with Austria. Before Russia invaded Ukraine, Italy imported 95% of its NatGas, of which 45% came from Russia.

Those figures are drastically different today as Italy rejiggers its energy supply chain away from Russia and finds alternative supplies of NatGas from North Africa. Before this weekend, Russian NatGas accounted for only 10% of Italy's imports. The new suppliers will help Italy boost storage levels ahead of winter.
Comment: The question for everyone in Europe is: have they found sufficient supplies from elsewhere to cover the loss of Russia's energy exports? Most have not. And, if not, then that means they will have to find ways to live without the energy that they're used to; which thus far have included a whole range of ridiculous, and deadly, ideas, including restricting the temperature homes, offering 'heat islands' to freezing residents, as well as 'voluntary' rolling blackouts.
I don't think so, and yet - Italian authorities and companies - have the luxury of exporting gas.

Italy doesn't get gas from Russia but exports it: here's what's happening
Gazprom has announced that it is unable to confirm the required gas volumes and therefore cannot supply gas to customer countries, including Italy. The announcement comes through Eni, which confidently says it will give updates in case supplies are restored in the future. And while the flow of gas in Italy stalls, the peninsula exports it.

Russian gas in Italy now amounts to less than 10 percent, so the suspension does not particularly affect the Italian energy situation. Eni has boosted gas supplies to Italy from other partners, and the plan is to continue to diversify supplies
The supply coming in from Algeria far exceeds the flow coming in from Russia and now interrupted. If other suppliers are added, Repubblica points out, Italy can be said to have ended up as an exporter. In fact, some 18 million cubic meters of gas are reported to be exported to Central and Northern Europe where prices are higher than in our country. In fact, Italian methane costs a third of the European average, and thanks to the storage set aside with the savings plan implemented since late summer, we have become a gas exporter.
Lovely! :umm: And the Italians, who are paying for energy and gas at exorbitant prices, where do they stand in this matter?

Electricity has gone up, gas is not clear to me but, they have changed the billing format to monthly so that people can pay for it.

It seems that certain greedy people -authorities in collusion with companies- are making a lot of money at the expense of the citizens, for a change and not to lose the habit. Because I say, they know this too:

As of today, gas bill rises another 59% and Italy's supplies are in short supply
Bill doubled in year. Italy, through the Gries Pass, sold its own gas bought from the Russians at higher prices in early 2022. Supplies from abroad amount to 90 percent of the gas used in Italy, and stocks cover only 10 percent of requirements. In essence, the 9 storage facilities operating in Italy today contain about 17 billion cubic meters of gas, including the so-called "strategic reserve," which amounts to 4.5 billion cubic meters that can be used in extreme cases only with permission from the Ministry of Economic Development. So? If from a reserve of 17 billion cubic meters we subtract 4.5 billion cubic meters (in fact, not usable for current operations because they are reserved for extraordinary events), that leaves 12.5 billion in stockpiles. And if we have 80 percent stockpiles today, that means we have 10 billion cubic meters in storage out of 76 billion needs
IF they had told you in JANUARY 2020 that you would be locked in your homes for months because of lockdowns, you would not have believed it. So, if we told you today that you might be stuck at home in the cold and dark from here on out, would you believe it? Here, know that we are not talking about an impossible eventuality; on the contrary. So far we have been reassured by the mantra: "if we don't get any more gas from Russia, we still have 80 percent gas supplies." But what does that mean?
The stockpile is in essence a storage facility. An old disused quarry or purpose-built metal reservoirs can be exploited to store the gas. The rock used as a reservoir should be porous and permeable to the right degree, and the volume of gas that the quarry can accommodate and the mobility of the gas in the reservoir, as well as the time that will be spent on gas injection or extraction operations, depend on this balance. Overburden rock is used to stop leaks and generally consists of impermeable material such as clay. If we were to house our supplies in such "coffers," how many would we need? A staggering number, which precisely makes such a possibility improbable for a country like Italy, which consumes 76 to 82 billion cubic meters of gas annually (depending on whether the winter is more or less cold).

What is the purpose of "stockpiling"? To meet market demands, ensure the balance between supply and demand, guarantee elasticity in the supply of production facilities, and ensure the presence of "strategic" reserves, useful in exceptional situations such as intense cold, or international crises that compromise arrivals from abroad. But beware: supplies from abroad amount to about 90 percent of the gas used in Italy. This means that stocks cover only 10% of requirements. Basically, the 9 storage facilities operating in Italy today contain about 17 billion cubic meters of gas, including the so-called "strategic reserve," which amounts to 4.5 billion cubic meters, usable in extreme cases, only with permission from the Ministry of Economic Development. So? If from a reserve of 17 billion cubic meters we subtract 4.5 billion cubic meters (in fact, not usable for current operations because they are reserved for extraordinary events) we are left with 12, 5 billion stocks. So if we have 80 percent stockpiles today, that means we have 10 billion cubic meters in storage out of 76 billion needs.
Can we be comfortable? Not so much. On Russian gas (whose price has remained unchanged thanks to a contract valid until 2036, not subject to the dances of speculation) we can hardly count on. In addition to the three leaks due to the "accident" in the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines, the statement by the Russian giant Gazprom is alarming: there is a risk that Moscow will sanction Naftogaz, the Ukrainian network operator from which gas for us comes. The company, if this were the case, would not be able to make gas payments, and this would put flows at risk. According to reconstructions by Bloomberg news agency, which cites sources familiar with our energy dossier, Italy would have reached "a sufficient level of storage filling and supply diversification to enable it to get through the winter without serious consequences even if Russia were to completely and suddenly stop sending gas" [Read Here (Gazprom: "Gas flowing through Ukraine also at risk of stop." Bloomberg: 'Italy able to do without Russian supplies' ].

But if our stockpiles were really calculated by the mechanism we have outlined above, how could we be comfortable, having only 10 billion cubic meters out of 76? What real stocks is Bloomberg talking about, basing the optimistic prediction of our self-sufficiency on those Well, you will say, we still have liquefied gas bought from the Americans at an astronomical price. But with what regasifiers will we put it on the grid, considering that of the two new regasifiers, the first one, if it goes well, will come on line in spring 2023, while the other three, already in operation, have reached maximum capacity and cannot expand it?

It is true that today, from Norway, we are getting the gas that the five largest American companies, which have been drilling in the North Sea for years, are selling to us. It is already coming from the pipe that goes through Switzerland, and it comes to Italy via Passo Gries
. But at what price will we get it? In what quantity, considering that all of Europe needs it, and the production capacity of the platforms is not extendable indefinitely? In this regard, it is interesting to know that, via Passo Gries, in the first months of the year, Italy sold, at high prices, its gas (bought from the Russians, at lower prices) [read here]. Has a real speculation been set in motion? The Foglio, in a September 20 article, laughing at the "plotters," spoke of "outflows" of gas from Italy. But if Italy does not produce gas, what flows are we talking about, perhaps precisely those of speculative re-selling? [read here].

And then, considering that the conflict in Ukraine could turn into a real nuclear war, it is worth reasoning about dates. On March 8, two weeks after the Russian invasion, there was already talk of replacing Russian gas with gas coming in from Norway, of which, as written earlier, we are being supplied [read here]. Why were serious peace negotiations not attempted? Perhaps so as not to get in the way of a colossal deal, in which the losers are the Italian citizens harassed by their bills? (Arera has announced an additional 60 percent increase for October).

Here, if you are told that the risk of energy lockdown is high, as is the shutdown of Italian companies, don't take anyone who tells you that as crazy. The margin of uncertainty has never been greater.

Gas bills become monthly, no longer just bimonthly. Here are all the changes
Our energy authority, Arera, has granted a request promoted by the National Consumers Union. As of October, gas bills for those on the greater protection regime, or 7.3 million domestic customers, will be able to be monthly and no longer bimonthly. This is excellent news because it allows us to control future expenses more, letting us know how much we are spending on gas month by month and to intervene promptly to tighten our belts, that is, turn off the taps. Intervention this has an impact in winter for those with gas heating. Arera, the official communiqué reads, has deemed it necessary to take into account "the need to provide for a greater billing periodicity within the protection service so as to allow end customers to know their spending more frequently and to redistribute bill payments over several months." While for now this initiative touches only one in seven citizens, it could be a first step for this initiative to be taken up by all industry players and extended to all customers. After all, that of billing on a quarterly basis is only a convention.
But the real positive news is another. Arera has decided to decouple the price of Italian gas from the price set in Amsterdam, the reference exchange for European gas prices. What does this mean? At the moment little, but it leaves room for European policies of price intervention no longer in the hands of volatile market speculation. In other words, there is a shift from taking as a reference no longer the forward prices of the Amsterdam wholesale market, the Ttf, but the average of the actual prices of the Italian PSV wholesale market. Faced with the surge in gas prices (on Monday, September 26, falling below 173 euros, but reaching well over 300 euros per MWh in August), Arera, the note goes on to say, has decided to disengage from the European market, and this in order to be able to "promptly transfer the benefit of any European initiatives to contain energy commodity prices to end customers."
Positive???

Indeed, it should be mentioned that several European countries, Italy in the lead, are moving to try to put the infamous "cap" on gas prices. Fourteen countries including Italy, Belgium, Greece and Poland have in fact prepared a letter for the EU Commission with a price cap proposal so that it can be discussed at the Energy Council on Friday.

The latest of the changes is that the updating of tariffs will be ex post and no longer ex ante as was the case until now, thus decoupling price changes related to electricity from those on gas. Which means that at the end of this month, most likely on Thursday the 29th, only the electricity tariffs for the usual three months will be updated (with the expectation of substantial increases, since electricity is tied to the price of gas, which rose again in the third quarter), while determining the price of gas for the month of October alone will have to wait until early November. And so it will be for the months to come. For Marco Vignola, head of the energy sector of the National Consumers Union, in this way "it will be possible to avoid making consumers pay the crazy price of gas they had in August, which would have sent household budgets into a tailspin."
That was before Gazprom stopped sending gas to Italy, however
And here comes the sore point: having chosen to consider the price ex post instead of ex ante may have negative consequences for consumers. Arera stipulates that in case of "recalculation" of the amounts of the cost of raw material previously billed, "operators are required to give appropriate information to customers." In practice, if the invoice received at the end of the month does not reflect the actual gas price trends, any price differences will be equalized in the next bill. But this news, according to nonprofit Consumerism, implies that: "Transparency is eliminated altogether, because consumers will not be able to know the price of gas in advance, but will only find out after consuming it."
Indeed, it should be mentioned that several European countries, Italy in the lead, are moving to try to put the infamous "cap" on gas prices. Fourteen countries including Italy, Belgium, Greece and Poland have in fact prepared a letter for the EU Commission with a price cap proposal so that AND, in the meantime, new price increases for electricity and gas are in sight. Arera has done the math again and will announce the adjustment for bills at the end of the month. Recall that, according to estimates by Assoutenti, each Italian family will find itself paying 1,231 euros more than in 2020 for electricity and gas bills alone (in the first 9 months of the year, so without the new adjustment), with energy spending rising in the two-year period 2021-2022 by a total of +92.7 percent. In 2022, as a result of tariff increases and despite the measures adopted by the government, total energy spending will thus rise to 2,558 euros per household (1,516 euros for gas, 1,042 euros for electricity). And the association's forecast for 2023 is anything but optimistic. "Considering the current sharply rising trend in electricity and gas prices," says Furio Truzzi, president of Assoutenti, "in the absence of a national or European freeze on tariffs and effective interventions to counter them, in 2023 the bill for energy supplies could reach 5,266 euros per household: 3,052 euros for the gas bill, 2,214 euros for the electricity bill, with a growth in energy spending of +300% compared to 2020.

In addition, as if that were not enough:
Toward the end of the protected market
Protection services are electricity and natural gas supply services with economic (price) and contractual conditions defined by the Authority intended for small end customers (such as households and microenterprises) who have not yet chosen a seller in the free market.

The regulations provided for the gradual transition from the protected market to the free market, stipulating the dates from which price protection services will no longer be available:
For the electricity supply of small businesses and micro-enterprises with a committed capacity of more than 15 kW, price protection ended on January 1, 2021 (read more).

For other micro-enterprises, the end of price protection for electricity is set for January 1, 2023, the same date when protection for household gas supplies will also end. On the other hand, the end of greater electricity protection for households is set for Jan. 10, 2024, the deadline by which graduated protection service will be assigned to household electricity customers who had not yet chosen a free market supplier at that time, guaranteeing continuity of supply.

It is still possible to switch to the free market at any time, even before the aforementioned dates, choosing the vendor and type of contract that best suits your needs."

End customers who are in the protected market for the supply of electricity will receive from January 2018, according to modalities defined by the Authority, communications in their bills from their vendor in relation to the gradual overcoming of price protections.
The thing about freeing the market price, reminded me of when Peña Nieto -former president of Mexico- freed the price of gasoline in 2017 and, alas! products and services went up and continue with leaps and bounds. He "had" to apply a special tax to the citizens so that foreign companies would pay for the investment and earn what was projected, in this matter of energies there is a lot of rot.

'Free' energy already exists, this is the great robbery of the ages. Siphoning humanity's potential great works into nonsense and destruction. The green agenda is a worldwide mafia racket along with the financial system as of late. It is all geared towards a neo-feudal system with high tech control measures.

We need to urgently lose the conception that 'society must be saved' because it does not.

Well, I've been declared schizophrenic, fine. You from other parts of the world know better what is going on in front of my eyes and in other places. And people's homes are destroying themselves, probably because they don't want to be part of Ukraine, not because someone is destroying them with rockets and hundreds of shells from rocket artillery, covering areas equal to several soccer fields - because that is exactly the "accuracy" of MLRS fire. I can't say that destroying 50 houses around just to try to cover one military facility or position is a justifiable move. And in that, Russian tactics are not much different than American or Ukrainian tactics. But of course you know better from Europe or Canada.
There's a lot more I would say, but I just don't see any point in it now. It doesn't interest anyone.

LdC, there is an old saying that applies here: "you cannot see the forest for the trees." You are in the middle of the situation, but the situation, the problems/solutions and ways out are way bigger than what surrounds you and concerns you immediately. Yes, that is difficult to parse when you are beleaguered, but it is nonetheless true.

Back
Top Bottom