To those who can hear the "Hum"

I've kept up with this thread, wondering if the low range hum I hear is just tinnitus. But I think that is pretty close to what I hear! I only hear it when things are quiet and usually my high range tinnitus takes the fore.

Yeah, the hum is not tinnitus. I have tinnitus- the high-pitched almost 'white noise' sound in the ears (which is stronger in the right ear on me)- and can hear the low rumbling 'hum' in the background. The two are separate.

In the spirit of the attempt, here is my version of the hum that I hear.

I use Logic. There is a basic generator called a "Test Oscillator" and it generates a sine wave between 20Hz-20kHz.

Test Oscillator.png

I listened to the hum that I was hearing and pretty closely matched the frequency at 102 kHz. However, the 'rumble' was missing and so I theorised that the 102 kHz might be harmonic. So, I generated a second frequency at 51 kHz which generated the rumble. Then I noticed that there was a subtle 'bite' to the rumble and thought that there might be a third frequency involved and generated a wave that sounded like the best option at 78 kHz. I don't know if there is a third frequency involved in the actual hum, but I did it this way, instead of using a distortion filter, because it gave the right 'feel'. After mucking about with plugins and volumes, I came up with this. In my opinion, it's ok. Recreating something like this is really difficult.

Careful with the volume at the start. I don't think it's that loud but just in case, lower your volume before you listen.

Attachments

• 51, 78 & 102 kHz frequencies sum (The Hum).mp3
    707.8 KB
I listened to the hum that I was hearing and pretty closely matched the frequency at 102 kHz. However, the 'rumble' was missing and so I theorised that the 102 kHz might be harmonic. So, I generated a second frequency at 51 kHz which generated the rumble. Then I noticed that there was a subtle 'bite' to the rumble and thought that there might be a third frequency involved and generated a wave that sounded like the best option at 78 kHz. I don't know if there is a third frequency involved in the actual hum, but I did it this way, instead of using a distortion filter, because it gave the right 'feel'. After mucking about with plugins and volumes, I came up with this. In my opinion, it's ok. Recreating something like this is really difficult.
Awesome ! Very close to what I hear.

I'm trying to weigh up if the oscillation is just amplitude, or beat frequcies caused by other frequencies.

In my previous sample, I used three different, but close frequencies. The additive and subtractiveness of the frequencies caused the amplitude to waver. I had to be careful not to allow clipping when all three were adding to each other.

But now I'm thinking maybe it's just one frequency, with just a varying amplitude 🤔

I listened to the hum that I was hearing and pretty closely matched the frequency at 102 kHz. However, the 'rumble' was missing and so I theorised that the 102 kHz might be harmonic. So, I generated a second frequency at 51 kHz which generated the rumble. Then I noticed that there was a subtle 'bite' to the rumble and thought that there might be a third frequency involved and generated a wave that sounded like the best option at 78 kHz.

Whoops. These should all be Hz.

I apologise to keep bringing this up but the whole time I was making that sound file, the hum was very strong so it was a bit easier to make. But towards the end of completion, the hum dissipated and after I uploaded, it disappeared. It's still completely gone. I don't know why it seems to follow a pattern. For about two weeks, I have not heard the hum or have only heard it at levels so low that it was barely noticeable. And then it pops up at strength as I'm recreating it? It doesn't make sense. Why should it do that? Is it telling me I should be doing something else? 🤷‍♂️ I'm at a loss.

I thought 'the hum' was in both ears, but it's not... or at least it is much, much stronger on the left.

I don't think it's an external sound that can be heard with the ears.

These links may have been posted before already but I might as well put them here.

Here is a 5:35 minute video on the hum. Interestingly, a recording was made in Taos, New Mexico of the hum at 00:50.

This is a long article about the hum. Not sure about the 'explained' part though.

Here is a website dedicated to the hum. There is a link to a map of the world which tracks where people hear it.

Whoops. These should all be Hz.

I apologise to keep bringing this up but the whole time I was making that sound file, the hum was very strong so it was a bit easier to make. But towards the end of completion, the hum dissipated and after I uploaded, it disappeared. It's still completely gone. I don't know why it seems to follow a pattern. For about two weeks, I have not heard the hum or have only heard it at levels so low that it was barely noticeable. And then it pops up at strength as I'm recreating it? It doesn't make sense. Why should it do that? Is it telling me I should be doing something else? 🤷‍♂️ I'm at a loss.

I don't think it's an external sound that can be heard with the ears.

These links may have been posted before already but I might as well put them here.

Here is a 5:35 minute video on the hum. Interestingly, a recording was made in Taos, New Mexico of the hum at 00:50.

This is a long article about the hum. Not sure about the 'explained' part though.

Here is a website dedicated to the hum. There is a link to a map of the world which tracks where people hear it.

Well, definitely I have never heard this sound, after listening to the examples.

It calls my attention, that on the map of the places where it is heard, in England it is massive, and it is huge in the center of Europe.

From a Dr Mercola article:

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• At least 16,183 people say they’ve developed tinnitus after receiving a COVID-19 shot, and this is likely an underestimate
  • Dr. Konstantina Stankovic, director of the Stanford Medicine Molecular Neurotology Laboratory, is leading research to uncover how COVID-19 and COVID-19 shots may be affecting auditory function and triggering tinnitus
  • She says her email is bombarded with reports from people who developed tinnitus after getting a COVID-19 shot
  • Dr. Gregory Poland, director of the Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group in Rochester, Minnesota, also developed tinnitus after a COVID-19 shot; he’s been suffering from tinnitus for two years as a result and says he receives emails nearly every day from people with similar stories
  • Molecular mimicry, which occurs when similarities between different antigens confuse the immune system, is one potential mechanism that could explain the link between COVID-19 shots and tinnitus..... (Rest of article attached bellow)
As I didn't take the jab, could be from long Covid (when surrounded by people with the jab, due to shedding).

Attachments

• tinnitus-covid-vaccine-pdf.pdf
    176.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi @Uperios

I'm not sure if you have read any of the previous pages in this thread, I hope you have read through. I can say the "Hum" I made this thread for is not tinnitus, and I first started perceiving it well before covid came along, let alone the vaccines.

I emphasise the word perceiving because I / those of us - don't really hear it audibly. It seems to come from everywhere at once.

Incidentally while I'm here, I can say it has increased noticeably since December 2022

I've stopped telling people that I "hear" it, since I haven't met anyone personally who also perceives it, and everyone tells me I have tinnitus, and says it must drive me nuts.

It originally did drive me nuts, but I learned to just accept it.

It's kind of like how when you walk into someones house who has a clock audibly ticking, then after some time after you don't hear it anymore (your brain decided to ignore it) unless you think about it again, then you can hear it.

:-)

A week or maybe two I think I heard that sound.

It's not really a sound because I covered my ears and I kept hearing it with the same intensity.

It's different from the ringing that I sometimes hear, especially in my right ear, which comes, gets louder, and then goes away. It goes away sooner if I oppose my will to the sound.

This was a continuous sound and very moderate in volume.

I would say that it was as if I heard the environment vibrate around me.

At least 16,183 people say they’ve developed tinnitus after receiving a COVID-19 shot

I agree with BlueKiwi. This sound is definitely not tinnitus. Tinnitus is generally described as a high pitch perhaps like what @stellar is describing. The 'hum' is not, seeming to be sub ~100Hz (~51Hz for me) and consisting of more then one wave. The sound oscillates and has no discernible point of origin.

On the link to the map I posted earlier, there is a downloadable Excel data sheet that shows the earliest report, that I could find, of the hum is 1986 out of 6553 reports, as well as many more in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. Well before Covid. Lots of reports of physiological effects as well: insomnia, ear discomfort, sense of vibration, anxiety, headaches, dizziness, nausea, "irritating stereophonic phasing effect", "physical increased pressure in skull".

I agree with BlueKiwi. This sound is definitely not tinnitus. Tinnitus is generally described as a high pitch perhaps like what @stellar is describing. The 'hum' is not, seeming to be sub ~100Hz (~51Hz for me) and consisting of more then one wave. The sound oscillates and has no discernible point of origin.
It almost sounds like listening to a beehive through a wall.

Tinnitus is fairly well known to come in high pitch or low pitch. Just high pitch is more common.

I tend to have both but more a super low pitch since the past few months. It's pretty much constant but not something that worries me.

So I'd say it is tinnitus. If there is some other meaning to it I don't know. maybe there is some energy or vibration being picked up on.

I to have been hearing this hum for over 10 years now, and I also have tinnitus both 2 totally different sounds.I agree the hum has intensified of late.I often play some music so I don’t hear it.This may sound weird but If I had to try and explain the difference I’d say that tinnitus comes from inside my head and the hum come from outside.🙃

I had a thought this morning if, perhaps, the hum is somehow related to a person's FRV? I looked up FRV in the old Casswiki:

Frequency resonance vibration

FRV stands for Frequency Resonance Vibration and is a term specific to the Cassiopaea
material.

The term ”frequency” generally means the number of repetitions of a repeating event within a period
of time. The word ”vibration” generally refers to an oscillating, repeating motion. ”Resonance”
occurs when a vibration in one system triggers a vibration of the same frequency in another system.
Systems can have one or more ”resonant frequencies” at which frequencies they have a tendency
to vibrate.

In common ”New Age” parlance, vibration or vibe means a sort of psychic impression, the feel
of a person or situation. High frequency connotates goodness or spiritual value, low frequency is
dirty, unclear, sticky, vulgar, maybe violent and selfish. One feels a resonance or resonates with
something when this something, whether person or information, somehow feels right or true or
personally relevant.

In the Cassiopaea material, FRV is a property of a person that has to do with the person’s alignment
or intrinsic nature. FRV can tend towards service to others or service to self.

FRV is itself not immutable. The FRV of a person may change as a result of influences. If a person
is in proximity to another who has a different FRV, there can occur forced resonance where the two
start resonating at the same frequency. Still, one has a constitutional predisposition to resonate at
some frequencies more than at others.

FRV is not directly coupled to knowledge or intellectual capacity. Still, knowledge and intellectual
capacity facilitate work on one’s FRV. They allow one to discern between STS and STO and to
make corresponding choices, thus heading towards one or the other end. FRV is essentially an
indication of an emotional path.

It is possible that the terms of frequency and vibration have a literal meaning in a hyperdimensional
context involving a person’s alignment with a thought center. If this is so, the phenomenon is not
perceived by us in this manner, except allegorically.

Back
Top Bottom