Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

Ces peintures sont les œuvres de l’américain Cy Twombly, l’un des artistes contemporains les plus chers de tous les temps. Ses peintures se vendent entre 2 millions et 75 millions de dollars. C’est pour vous dire que le travail dur et les œuvres magnifiques que vous tous réalisez peut-être chaque jour ont bel et bien une valeur inestimable. Tout est une question de point de vue. Je vous souhaite du succès et des récompenses inestimables.

These paintings are the works of American Cy Twombly, one of the most cherished contemporary artists of all time. His paintings sell for between $2 million and $75 million. This is to tell you that the hard work and magnificent works that you all perhaps do every day are indeed invaluable. Everything is a matter of perspective. I wish you success and priceless rewards.

1685377886879.png

Ce "tapis" est sculpté dans le plancher en bois de chêne par l’artiste espagnol Selva Aparicio. Absolument sublime !

This "carpet" is carved into the oak wood floor by the Spanish artist Selva Aparicio. Absolutely sublime!

1685377975711.png

I was watching a travel video recently about Barcelona, and they went to the Palau de la Musica Catalana..it's so stunning.I had never heard of this before. Here's the wiki entry:
Palau de la Música Catalana (Catalan pronunciation: [pəˈlaw ðə lə ˈmuzikə kətəˈlanə], English: Palace of Catalan Music) is a concert hall in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Designed in the Catalan modernista style by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner,[1] it was built between 1905 and 1908 for Orfeó Català, a choral society founded in 1891 that was a leading force in the Catalan cultural movement that came to be known as the Renaixença (Catalan Rebirth).[2] It was inaugurated on 9 February 1908.

The construction project was mainly financed by Orfeó Català, but important financial contributions also came from Barcelona's wealthy industrialists and bourgeoisie. The palace won the architect an award from the Barcelona City Council in 1909, given to the best building built during the previous year. Between 1982 and 1989, the building underwent extensive restoration, remodeling, and extension under the direction of architects Oscar Tusquets and Carles Díaz.[3] In 1997, the palace de la Música Catalana was declared[4] a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with Hospital de Sant Pau. Today, more than half a million people a year attend musical performances in the Palau that range from symphonic and chamber music to jazz and Cançó (Catalan song).

orfeo catalana.jpegorfeo_catala_bofill.jpegpalau catalana.jpegorfeo palau.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom