Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

Chimère de Notre-Dame de Paris, 1910. (Une gargouille contient un canal pour écouler l’eau de pluie . Une chimère est un mélange de plusieurs animaux existants.)

Chimera of Notre-Dame de Paris, 1910. (A gargoyle contains a channel to drain rainwater. A chimera is a mixture of several existing animals.)

1685177946816.png

"Rêve causé par le vol d'une abeille autour d'une grenade une seconde avant de se réveiller"
Salvador Dalí

"Dream caused by the flight of a bee around a pomegranate a second before waking up"
Salvador Dali

1685178904039.png

"J'ai mis longtemps à comprendre ma berceuse. Je les ai plantés pour planter et les ai cultivés sans penser à les mettre en scène... On n'absorbe pas un paysage en un jour... Et puis, soudain, j'ai eu la révélation de mes fées de l'étang. J'ai repris ma palette. Depuis, je n'ai plus eu d'autres modèles. Claude Monet

"It took me a long time to understand my lullaby. I planted them to plant and cultivated them without thinking of staging them... You don't absorb a landscape in a day... And then, suddenly, I I had the revelation of my fairies by the pond. I took back my palette. Since then, I have had no other models. Claude Monet

1685179047178.png
https://twitter.com/Arteymas_/status/1662089435914162176/photo/1

Conception d’une théière japonaise en argile. Un travail délicat et minutieux. L’artisanat dans toute sa splendeur ! Il y a quelque chose de très apaisant à regarder cette dame créer son œuvre...

Design of a Japanese clay teapot. Delicate and meticulous work. Craftsmanship at its finest!
There is something very soothing about watching this lady create her work...

this is a perfect demonstration of the darvinist principle of evolution: here you can see in acccelerated time how a piece of clay spontaneously evolves into a functional teapot. the only question remaining is how was the clay created?? should we ask the cass?

Back
Top Bottom