Dads dog Benji has been diagnosed with Lymphoma

This is such a heartbreaking disease. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I don't know if there's much you can do to prepare for it, but it might help in knowing that Lymphoma can be very, very aggressive in dogs. At least it was in my experience that my mom also described above. It's shocking to see how fast the disease moves. When she started showing signs of low energy, one thing that seemed to help a bit was DMSO (given orally with a dropper and diluted). That will only do so much though. Sadie had very rapid weight and muscle loss at the end. Once you see that progressing, I think it's the humane thing to lay her to rest. I agree with Laura that the best thing your family can do it would be to share the love they have for her in the remaining time. Again, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I wanted to update the thread. Benji is still here and currently doing well. The lumps on his throat have diminished somewhat but still there. The other lymph nodes are still swollen. He is still eating well and enjoying life. We're not deluded but thankful for the time that can be shared.

Attachments

• IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    844.9 KB · Views: 30
I’ve been meaning to update this thread for a while. Benji the sheep dog is still alive and well. He’s managed to survive this dreadful condition and has a good quality of life at present. My dad said he can’t feel any lumps at the moment, it’s quite amazing really. What a little miracle he is, my dad seems to be amazed at him and is grateful for any time he gets with him. Long may it continue.

This is great news! Have you done any therapy or treatment to have such results?

This is great news! Have you done any therapy or treatment to have such results?
No nothing at all intially he had some medication I think. That's when the lumps were large. He lost weight as well but seemed to stabilise. He's just had a good outdoor life.

If you can find a source for Resonant Light Technology, that would help. In Canada it's not legal for use on humans but for pets the technology is available.

The government health department has been at war against the use of this technology for humans since the 1950's.

Back
Top Bottom