Ice Age Preparation ?

And somebody actually thinks that this set-up will survive the level of storms, winds, disruption that is likely to fall on this planet?
Tjsa, there are only a few around here that see that coming. That said, the boats are 100 years old, good steel and riveted, and can handle a lot. And we do have a lot of water, but it is never deep.

I think the notion that the sea is a safe place to be is wishful thinking at best. Maybe once the period of cataclysm settles down and the oceans have a few decades to recover from manmade pollution they could sustain people, but for now seasteading is more of a fantasy for radical libertarians and eccentric billionaires who just want to get away from USG. It’s not grounded in reality, least of all as a solution for ordinary folk.

It may be a better idea to see what rich people are actually doing to prepare. They are buying farms and ranches in the Southern Hemisphere, increasing security for their current homes and compounds, and stockpiling. This is to say nothing of other black budget projects and facilities.

Tjsa, there are only a few around here that see that coming. That said, the boats are 100 years old, good steel and riveted, and can handle a lot. And we do have a lot of water, but it is never deep.

Reality is not a democracy. Most people don’t even see an ice age coming.

On boats, do you intend to be out on a chumdinger by yourself with some relatives? Boats are more likely than not to scatter in storms, and you’re assuming all the technology currently in use that makes seafaring a cynch will still be functioning, even as the satellites desynchronize with ground systems and break after a few weeks of disruption. Do you intend to just survive out there by yourself?

I think this guy may be onto something:
Lazzarini Design wants to build a city of floating pyramids
View attachment 28339

The shape of pyramids are very structurally sound and can withstand great pressures. A purpose built floating pyramid-design would have a evenly-spreaded nicely laid hunkered-down low centre of gravity at the point it meets contact with the water making it difficult to 'roll' and capsize - especially so in relation to its tapering air-draught. Better still, if designed with an effective water-draught below to have similarly shaped an 'inverted pyramid' ("as above so below") to better help the pods stability to 'ride out' the greatest of waves (within some reason of course).
These floating pods could easily be fitted with closing shutters of re-enforced glass or steel to completely encase the floating homes if necessary, creating near-enough an 'air-tight' and very buoyant bubble, when such extreme weather events and tidal surges are to come bearing down.
With current levels of technology (even that which is available in the public sphere) and with the streamlining of cost (if there's a will!) - they shouldn't be too difficult to produce. OSIT.

On a lake or reservoir maybe. They do look incredible. But on the coast? I see big problems!

Reality is not a democracy. Most people don’t even see an ice age coming.
Do you intend to just survive out there by yourself?

For years now, i tell them that the global warming thing is cancelled, and for i´m an elder now, they do not attack me for it, but gee, the cognitive dissonance is a strong one..
The floating gardens is a thing thats used also to clean the famous stinking canals in the city, the roots hang in the water. The styrofoam blocks are held together with a fishing net, works quite well. Somebody here even made a sailboat from it and made it across the Med.

Thats the weird thing about Lazzarini, he makes floating lounges with jaccuzi´s, to live in? Where are the servants going to live, and why would they bring you food? I think the only decent way of living is in a group, and an as heterogenic group as you can possibly handle.
On boats, do you intend to be out on a chumdinger by yourself with some relatives?
Boatpeople are a generally a bit autistic perhaps, but in our community they were usefull, for they do not need external motivation, and they can make anything themselves. You cannot have a setup of only artists or activists, there must be a broad mix of talents and characters.

On a lake or reservoir maybe. They do look incredible. But on the coast? I see big problems!

These pyramids are floating coffins. Normally,a boat can handle storms and such. The most dangerous things are shallows and lee-shores.
Maybe i´m going to make some insulative floating floor under my tent, in case the water comes.

It may be a better idea to see what rich people are actually doing to prepare. They are buying farms and ranches in the Southern Hemisphere...
...NOOOT. Those "wise guys" are purchasin' estates on very Rims of The Ring of Fire :-O - this sounds quite dumb of them.

P.S. (just for wiseguys that are reading this lines under the rose): Only this advice was free - further data, event wise - are under restricted courtesy technicalities...:evil:

Yeah, nuclear WW3, they're still living in XX century :whistle:

Sometimes i opine that rusty ballistic rockets could explode in the very silo if somebody tries to launch them oldtimers. How old are they - like 60, 70 years? Maybe PTB should cassified cassified cassified cassified ...:headbanger:

:phaser:

Last edited:
Session August 9, 1997:
A: Reincarnation on a 3rd density earth as a "cave person" amidst rubble and a glowing red sky, as the perpetual cold wind whistles...
Q: Why is the sky glowing red?
A: Contemplate.
Q: Of course! Comet dust! Sure, everybody knows THAT! Wonderful!!! Anything further?
I think the C's gave this answer for a reason. The "group of 200" and ilk was supposed to transcend to 4thD not remain stuck down here Ice-Aged--Ice-Caged as cave persons.

I'm planning for a quick exit. Day After Tomorrow gave the wonderful idea of Insta-Freeze in a Supercell. Yeah, I wish.. But just maybe, maybe pretty please it could "rain" large, sharp ice chunks acting as really big cleavers, easily crushing even reinforced roofs and transforming me into Christmas Mince Pie really quick.

This is one hell of an interesting thread...

Do I have any plans for the coming ice age?
Well, only for the first two weeks I guess.

What about everybody's plans for pole shifts, global economic break downs, wars about food, water, religion and races? Not to mention plagues, decay or destruction of nuclear power plants, let alone millions of Nephalim descending on our hapless planet set to stomp their big boots across our faces?

Has anyone any practical advice concerning the issues mentioned above?

Should I be totally unhappy to make it "only" to 5-D, which would mean sharing the fate of Julius Caesar, John F. Kennedy and other outstanding personalities?

I'm not going to work myself into a preparation frenzy because I can't prepare for everything, can I?

The next six to twelve months will probably be the time we've all been preparing for consciously (and unconsciously) and I hope I'll be able to do something useful while watching the events unfold.

Maybe i´m going to make some insulative floating floor under my tent, in case the water comes.
:lol: Gross exaggeration - in a reverse sense - to my concept there... Bit naughty.
Try to look beyond the floating pyramid images depicted and look to its scope of potential. Its not about Lazzarinis floating playboy penthouse jacuzzies per se. No, its about the overarching basis of its general design principle using the pyramidal shape concept. Because of its shape when adaptable to become properly insulated, it can get tossed about violently in turbulent seas, bobbing about like a rig.
If a coastal-lyte is caught out due to an extreme catastrophic 'sea-centric' event, he is not hopelessly dependant needing sufficient maritime experience as that a dogged seafarer like yourself, knowing how to correctly navigate a ship into the oncoming surges of a super tidal-wave. The floating pyramid is for the every-man.
Granted though, you know much more about sea conditions because I'm a naïve land-lubber (living 60 miles inland ;-))
Those "wise guys" are purchasin' estates on very Rims of The Ring of Fire :-O
Timely mentioned. I was leading onto the Japanese Shimizu Mega-City Pyramid: Shimizu Mega-City Pyramid - Wikipedia

"Because the seismically active Pacific Ring of Fire cuts right through Japan, the external structure of the pyramid would be an open network of megatrusses, supporting struts made from carbon nanotubes to allow the pyramid to stand against and let through high winds, and survive earthquakes and tsunamis.
The trusses would be coated with photovoltaic film to convert sunlight into electricity and help power the city. The city will also be powered by pond scum or algae.
Robotic systems are planned to play a major part in both construction and building maintenance." [AI plug there. Who needs servants to bring food? Robots maintain robots]

I notice, about pyramids, theyre always pretty cool, but always of self-contained self-serving artificialized environments highly dependent on technology. These 'pyramid schemes' could be done if there was more time, but we probably don't have it even if the human will and organisation suddenly kicked in high gear. Buts that's cool, because, to ride out this coming mother-of-multi-cataclysms, it seems we as a human race in nearing times of cosmic upheaval, 'split' to make a choice: either to lean toward that of the post-Atlantis 'Circle' people of a more harmonious relationship with nature and spirituality, or to commit fully to becoming the materialist post-Atlantis 'Pyramid' people so technologically obsessed.

Dunno about anyone else... But when it comes down to it, Im gonna roll with it no matter my point in spiritual progression and no matter where on this Earth I find myself when it strikes - coz I'm with lilies on this one.
But on the coast? I see big problems!
Big problems everywhere, PT!... Its the end of the world, baby!!

This is one hell of an interesting thread...

Do I have any plans for the coming ice age?
Well, only for the first two weeks I guess.

What about everybody's plans for pole shifts, global economic break downs, wars about food, water, religion and races? Not to mention plagues, decay or destruction of nuclear power plants, let alone millions of Nephalim descending on our hapless planet set to stomp their big boots across our faces?

Has anyone any practical advice concerning the issues mentioned above?

Should I be totally unhappy to make it "only" to 5-D, which would mean sharing the fate of Julius Caesar, John F. Kennedy and other outstanding personalities?

I'm not going to work myself into a preparation frenzy because I can't prepare for everything, can I?

The next six to twelve months will probably be the time we've all been preparing for consciously (and unconsciously) and I hope I'll be able to do something useful while watching the events unfold.

I agree about the practical issues you presented. The worst would be the destruction of nuclear power plants that become inacessible, yet will melt down and explode, like we have seen with fukushima (which is still poisoning the pacific!).

I have had thoughts about moving south, but I recall what someone mentioned about the great depression. Many people left cities and went into the country areas, which ended up being more dangerous than the cities that they left behind.

I had a chat with a fotcm member who lived near here a while ago about moving away:
If you have land in the country or outside the city, are you prepared to kill people who are looking to survive coming from the cities? At what point would you rather just die than to keep fighting to live?

Sorry if it sounds defeatist, but I'm going by the numbers here. You may have nice land in the middle of nowhere, but there are even more people than in the great depression who will be seeking a place to survive in. It's not always going to be about cooperation either, especially after factory farming dies off. A small farm can feed your family and friends, but cannot feed the many who are displaced and hungry.

All I know is that life is not that valuable to have to dehumanize myself to kill to survive. Let the meek inherit the earth... if it happens to be the psychopaths/sociopaths, so be it. They can have this crap hole and all of it's "excitement".

It can take 10, 20 or more years, as already happened until a world catastrophe arrives. Is it worth "living" worried about how we are going to survive if it happens? Instead of continuing to take advantage of the opportunities that one has to contribute to the world and continue learning. Assuming we agree that everything are lessons. Studying professions focused on social work or how to deal with emergency situations seems like a good way to prepare and keep learning to me. Specially for those who live in countries with social justice warriors students XD

There are comments saying that we have to get away or not get involved in the show while the world goes to hell, and prepare to escape from that. But at the same time, worrying about the suffering of the people and admiring people like Putin that make this world less worse with his actions doesn't fit to me. Staying away from the show is what I did all my life. At least in my case I feel I can contribute and learn my lessons by being part of the show, trying to surf the waves of chaos XD rather than reading first all the recommended books that will take a life, or than help in Sott although I liked it. I just don't think that everyone should do the same, I remember the comparison of the community as an organism where each one has its function ... Doesn't this group lack limbs?

Is not participate in the show like a good and informed actor what it means to carry the cross of the world or what the story of Jesus represents? Or what Gurdjieff said that 200 men could change the world? Learn don Juan's art of stalking and to be an ovyvatel

I think of those who can't watch series like Game of Thrones because it disturb them but can read The Wave and all information here. If someone can't tolerate fiction or can't be part of the theater of the world now. How to survive with the real disaster? Even members of experimental communities can not live together harmoniously in peace time

Back
Top Bottom