Video of strange electrical or plasma phenomenon?

Today there has been a geomagnetic storm (G1 class) because of a large coronal hole on the sun.
From spaceweather.com:
SPOTLESS SUN SPARKS GEOMAGNETIC STORM: The sun has been without spots every day for almost two weeks. No sunspots? No problem: A G1-class geomagnetic storm erupted last night, sparking bright auroras around the Arctic Circle.

This storm was caused not by sunspots, which have been absent for most of 2018, but rather by a hole in the sun's atmosphere. Solar wind flowing from the hole hit Earth's magnetic field during the early hours of Dec. 28th, instigating the storm. Such holes (called "coronal holes") are a primary source of space weather when sunspots are absent.

During Solar Minimum, coronal holes open up and may remain open for months, periodically lashing Earth with solar wind as the sun spins on its axis.

It could be related.

I wonder if these two are connected. Something going on in the atmosphere perhaps.
I think many would be connected, I found this curious, it looks weird how it moves -the blue haze, I think as well that, it may be related to the atmosphere

---there is another POV video there)

_https://www.zloto.com.br/homem-esta-em-estado-grave-apos-descarga-eletrica-na-zona-sul-de-sp-noticias/ said:
Man is in serious condition after electric discharge in the southern zone of SP (Brasil)

A man was the victim of an electric shock during the rain this Friday (11th), in the São Paulo capital. Known as Juvenal, you worked as a gardener in the Bosque da Saúde neighborhood, where you have lived for more than 40 years. He is hospitalized in a serious condition in the Hospital do Bosque da Saúde, of the Notre Dame Intermédica Network.

According to the Military Police press room, electrical cables from the transmission line broke and fell on a car parked on the road. The victim touched the vehicle and suffered an electric shock.

The Fire Department reported that the explosion generated a fire that was controlled and that the fire did not generate any victims in the area.

Eduardo Peixoto, a resident of Bosque da Saúde, on 215 Francisco Gomes da Silva Pinto Street, had his house hit by Enel's power distribution cables, which broke.

Tree in the backyard was partially burnt and the entire electrical network of the property was shortened, to the point of going out fire by the tonnages and points of light, such as chandeliers and pendants.

Until the beginning of dawn this Saturday (12), the residents of part of the Bosque da Saúde neighborhood, were still without electricity in the residences.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

there is also this issue:
_https://verdademundial.com.br/2018/12/anomalia-eletromagnetica-sobre-o-brasil-cresce-e-se-intensifica/ said:
--using google traductor
Electromagnetic anomaly on Brazil grows and intensifies

The region where the electromagnetic field is weaker across the Earth's surface, the South Atlantic Magnetic Anomaly-AMAS or SAA of South Atlantic Anomaly, is growing and intensifying.

Previously restricted to southern Africa, this area currently covers most of South America and almost the entire South Atlantic and the entire BRAZIL, being stronger ABOUT SAO PAULO ...

Researchers have long known that one of Van Allen's radiation belts plunges down toward Earth well over South America, creating a zone of high radiation called "The South Atlantic Anomaly" (SAA).

Since its discovery in 1958, the SAA (South Atlantic Anomaly) has changed shape, increasing and intensifying. A map published last week in the American Geophysical Union's scientific journal Space Weather Quarterly describes the anomaly with new precision, shape and size:

earth-changes-amas-saa.jpg

When a spacecraft in low-Earth orbit passes through this anomaly, "solar and cosmic radiation causes failures in spacecraft and satellite electronics and can induce false readings by instruments," explains Bob Schaefer of Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab, main author of the paper with the communication of the results.

"We actually use these spurious signals to map the radiation environment to an altitude of 850 km."

Specifically, they looked at noise pulses on an ultraviolet photometer carried aboard many Earth-orbiting satellites of the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), which are polar satellites. When high energy protons pass through the SAA and reach these sensors, they produce spurious signals - or, in the case of the present study, valuable data for analysis. By monitoring the rate of UV-Ultra Spurious Violet pulses, the researchers were able to track the contours of the magnetic anomaly and track its evolution over a period of years.

They found that the anomaly is slowly drifting north and west with rates of 0.16 ° / year and 0.36 deg / year, respectively. Currently, it is more intense over a wide region centered in São Paulo, Brazil, including much of Paraguay, Uruguay and northern Argentina. They also detected a seasonal variation: On average, the SAA anomaly is more intense in February and again in September-October. In this scenario, annual mean counts were subtracted to reveal the double-standard peak.

One maxim coincides with the EQUINOX OF SPRING (SEPTEMBER-Southern Hemisphere), but not with the other. The authors were not able to explain the origin of this unexpected pattern.

The issues of solar cycle activities also interfere, as the data revealed a yin-yang anti-correlation with sunspots. "During the years of high solar activity, the intensity of radiation is lower, whereas for calmer solar years the intensity of radiation is higher," Schaefer writes.

According to orthodox thinking, the magnetic anomaly of the South Atlantic-SAA descends from space into the Earth's atmosphere about 200 km from the Earth's surface. Below that altitude, its effects must be mitigated by the shielding of Earth's atmosphere and the geomagnetic field.

To test this idea, Spaceweather.com and Earth to Sky Calculus undertook a program to map the SAA anomaly below using weather balloons equipped with radiation sensors. Next week we will share the results of our first flight from a launch site in Chile. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Ca.
Today there has been a geomagnetic storm (G1 class) because of a large coronal hole on the sun.
[...]
It could be related.
Since I keep an eye on space weather lately I compared it with some of these events..

Dec. 27, 2018 (9:12 p.m. according to this site New York Sky Turns Bright Blue After Transformer Explosion)
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/20181228_satenv.gif
It's a 3-day plot, one black tick on the x-axis is 3 hours, last tick before Dec. 28th would be approximately Dec 27th, 9 PM.
The incident in New Orleans "started sparking around 3 a.m." (on Dec 27th, according to here)

January 14th, there were some minor disturbances
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/20190115_satenv.gif
and some larger ones the following days, which might relate to what @Pashalis posted here.
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/20190117_satenv.gif

You can find other dates' plots in the parent directory:
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/

Not sure what to make of this but the New York, Dec 27th incident lines up quite closely IMO.

@mabar, do you know the time of the the São Paulo one was on Friday 11th? There was a little kick on that day as well:
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/20190112_satenv.gif

Do you have any links you can translate? I found a video but no stories I could read. English media wasn't interested. :headbash:
Nop! did not find it neither, ... did not say much of relevance, it says that that the videos were from social media, where it was (near down town center), the explosions were heard so people awoke and noticed it, since it was in the second week of the crisis of shortage of gasoline in the city, the ancor asked him, if he had pass through gas stations and, he answered back that, he saw several, that there was a difference (regarding past days) that there were 3 open gas stations (with costumers) flowing more easily (there had been large queue of cars in past days) and, that's it ...

It figured to me to post this to remember ...that, "something big is happening, or about to happen, and changes in the electrical environment of our planet may play a larger role than most suspect "
https://www.sott.net/article/228706-Exploding-Transformers-More-than-meets-the-eye said:

© Brian Luenser
Transformer explosion witnessed in Ft. Worth, Texas

Between the mass animal deaths, the deadly earthquakes and tsunamis in the Pacific rim, the record-setting extreme weather across the US, and the once meandering gulf-stream now shutting down, clearly something is up on the big blue marble this year. And now we may have a new one to add to the list: exploding transformers.

In the last couple weeks numerous electrical transformers have malfunctioned or exploded, in some cases causing major fires. Many of these are not your usual explosions either; some consisted of an almost fireworks-like display of electrical arcing as shown in some of the videos below. Given the sheer number of out-of-control transformers, this appears to be a new phenomena, or perhaps a sign of things to come.

With the connections we've noted between electrical activity in space and major events such as tornadoes, cyclones, volcanoes and earthquakes, one might suspect that the same electrical phenomena responsible for these displays of nature's fury could be responsible for these exploding transformers too. Typically large spikes in electrical current are the cause of transformer explosions. It seems that, like the exploding transformers, our planet is being electrically overloaded in ways it can't properly handle either, causing all manner of weather and ground-shaking chaos. Perhaps what we've seen so far this year in terms of crazy weather and earthquakes is only the start of things to come.
May 11, 2011

https://youtu.be/NYCHBI66izs
Now I'm sure there are those people out there thinking, "Gee, I thought transformer explosions happen all the time, how is this so important?" There's certainly some truth to this, but there is also reason to suspect things may be different now.

There does seem to be a noted increase in significant "transformer explosions" since the beginning of the year. Although this is by no means a scientific survey, a cursory search on Google News for the phrase "transformer explosion" from the first of the year till the present returns a hearty 24 results. The same search on the entire year of 2010 returns 25 results and then only 20 results for 2009. So, if this search is any indication, we're well on pace to double the number of stories about transformer explosions this year compared to the last two years. A similar trend can be seen with the search phrase "transformer fire" too.

Now there is the possibility of older stories getting dumped from the news sites, as well as the fact that this search is limited to US stories too, so one must take these factors (and probably others) into consideration. But for a "transformer explosion" to make the news, it would have to be significant in some way; either causing a large fire, starting a major power-outage, or creating a lively public scene. Most garden-variety transformer explosions do not make the news; electrical companies are called into fix exploded transformer boxes on power lines every day.

In any case, when looking at the big picture, one can definitely see an increase in earth-changing events across the board since the beginning of this year. Focusing on transformer explosions alone isn't the point. The most likely scenario that I can see is that the number or power of lightning strikes has increased, thus causing an increase in the power surges that trigger these transformer fires. But whether lightning is the actual cause of these fires or if there is some larger phenomena to take into account, it is hard to say at this point. Even if lightning is all there is to it, the exploding transformers are still noteworthy. The main point to consider is that something big is happening, or about to happen, and changes in the electrical environment of our planet may play a larger role than most suspect.

@mabar, do you know the time of the the São Paulo one was on Friday 11th? There was a little kick on that day as well:
>> ftp://ftp.swpc.noaa.gov/pub/plots/satenv/20190112_satenv.gif
According to this article _Rompimento de cabos deixa moradores sem energia elétrica na Zona Sul de SP at 18:17 pm

add: ...although in comments, says that it was at 17:50 pm
Erratum: 17:50 was the time of the explosion. I recorded it on video too. It was on the block that I live.
--using google traductor

Thanks for looking mabar. If the atmosphere is becoming more electrically charged, then any sort of technology involving combustible materials will become that much more dangerous. It's scary to think about what a really big gas or oil pipe explosion would do, especially with all the new lines being built into Europe and coming down from Canada.

I think this fits here, although there is no video nor image.
https://sputniknews.com/science/201902111072298631-russia-satellite-unknown-physical-phenomena-earth-atmosphere/ said:
Russian Satellite Registers Unknown Physical Phenomena in Earth's Atmosphere

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - An ultraviolet telescope installed on the Russian satellite Lomonosov has registered light "explosions" in the planet's atmosphere, whose physical nature has not been explained so far, the director of the Research Institute of Nuclear Physics at the Russian State University said in an interview with Sputnik.

"With the help of the telescope, we have obtained even more important results than we expected. It looks like we have encountered new physical phenomena… We do not yet know their physical nature… For example, during Lomonosov's flight at an altitude of several dozen kilometres, we have registered several times a very powerful 'explosion' of light. But everything was clear underneath it, no storms, no clouds," Mikhail Panasyuk said.

Russian astronomic satellite Mikhailo Lomonosov of Moscow State University was launched to the Earth's orbit in 2016.

It was designed to observe transient phenomena in the upper atmosphere of the Earth as well as studying the radiation characteristics of the planet's magnetosphere and for basic cosmological research. Its weight is 625 kilograms.

The satellite is equipped with a space telescope to measure the energy spectrum and chemical composition of high-energy cosmic rays from near-Earth orbit. Moreover, there are instrumental systems installed on board for studying cosmic gamma-ray bursts and the Earth's near-magnetosphere.

Yesterday I was a for a little outside time with my family and I made a few shots from the beautiful mountains covered in snow. It is a one of the biggest ski resorts in the country and it is only 40 km away.
While I was looking at the images on my computer later that day I noticed one very strange image
There was some unusual while spherical object on the sky.
It can be anything. It can be a cloud( which I doubt) or some kind of an electrical or plasma phenomenon. Maybe it can be even a UFO. I don't know.
Whatever it is it is very strange and i didn't notice it while I was shooting the image.
What I know for certain is that it is not lens dirt because there is nothing like that on the previous image not in the next one.

Attachments

• phenomena.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
While I was looking at the images on my computer later that day I noticed one very strange image
There was some unusual while spherical object on the sky.
It can be anything. It can be a cloud( which I doubt) or some kind of an electrical or plasma phenomenon. Maybe it can be even a UFO. I don't know.
I saw something similar, if not exactly the same, as what you have photographed. It was when I was working in Seattle, Washington around 2005. Seattle is on the Puget Sound. The object came in from the ocean, it was below cloud level (those big puffy white clouds), it did a 90 degree angle up for a bit, did a few more angle-type turns down-left-up-right, etc. and, then, flew back out to sea. The turns were all angles, not curves. All of that only took about 10 seconds. It was fairly fast.

Back
Top Bottom