Randall Carlson's Work: Striking similarities (Comets, Geology, Catastrophism etc.) through Decades of meticulous research?!

Here again you can see the "scale invariance" phenomena, where a small pattern of flooding is repeated in a much bigger scale and pattern in big floods.

To better understand how that works, here is a presentation of Randall about the scale invariance phenomena that you can not only see in mathematics but in geological features, especially in water and flood regimes.

The description of the video reads:
Mega-ripples of Camas Prairie Basin - Filling or Draining? Cosmography101-17.1 w/ Randall Carlson

Cosmography101 Class 17 part 1 with Randall Carlson (2008) Introduction to the features of one of the basins of the temporary Ice Age Lake Missoula in western Montana, USA, and alternative interpretations.

Overview notes/topics: Scale Invariance in Geology “bed-loads”; Paleo-current indicators Small-scale current ripples on Peachtree Creek at Medlock Park after Hurricane Ivan (’04) Camas Prairie ripple field, Lower Flathead Basin, Montana Delta fans Relict features: Mississippi River delta Merging of three ‘flow-throughs’ Identifying features on topographic map of Camas Prairie: breach and drainage points Google Earth views and orientation Photos from overflight Sept. ’07: Markle, Duck Pond, Wills Creek Passes; Ripple field and delta Effects of “mega-scale water erosion” High-water level and drainage thru Rainbow Lake Pass Formation of the ripples Contrary interpretation to current ideas re: draining/filling of basin Depth of water-flow Composition of bed-forms Wreckage from global event Looking at salient features from catastrophic flood helps to recognize more subtle features How deep was the ice in Canada? Possibly 3 miles deep over Hudson Bay Rainbow “Dog” Lake and Pass; super turbulent flows; high-water marks Strandlines/shorelines around National Bison Range and Bitterroot Valley Record of all that ice over Canada melting away Clark Fork River Valley scoured and etched J.T. Pardee calculated flow estimates: 9.5 cubic miles per hour! Introducing the uneducated to Catastrophe

At the time it was a new presentation Randall was creating so that people are better able to understand this phenomena in the landscapes. It is called "Scale Invariance in Geology: Micro- and Mega Flood Effects". Well worth the watch:

Had a watch of this class (18) and follow ups to class 18.3. This one starts with Velikovsky and he challenges some of his hypothesis, and rightly so, while also acknowledging his other works.

Carlson lays out some interesting examples (that may aid in the discussion on the Ice Age thread dealing with the buried planes and core samples) and use the zodiac wheel of ages to chart changes in time while documenting events.

Yes another very interesting presentation that could fill an entire thread on its own! Someone out to put all of this information and research into a large series of books! And I mean large! Unfortunately though, what we are left with at the moment is only bits and peaces from this incredible amount of research, mostly in the form of presentations by Randall on a huge amount of different topics that often interlace and are by now about a decade old (the video presentations of some of it for example).

Even all of this though is just a very small fraction of what Randall has probably synthesized in his brain over the decades. I was thinking that it might in fact be worthwhile that Randall would seek out the help of someone (or probably more like several people) who knows a bit how those things work, to create some kind of written synthesis of it all, a textbook and/or a Lexicon, so that it can be persevered for future generations and further research. Randall isn't getting younger, so there isn't all that much time left for something like this. It would be such a waste if all this meticulous and fascinating research gets lost I can tell you.

I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to create some sort of excel sheet tables, to at least try to put this all roughly together. So that one has a better way to follow, research and know what Randall has all read and studied and what ideas he has come up with on the way.

Unfortunately though, due to the sheer amount of stuff covered, it is all a big mess at the moment so that it is hard to get your mind around it even slightly, without a huge amount of work to put this all into written and chronologically understandable forms.

A first good step could be to get a comprehensive list of the books he has read over the decades and maybe all the papers he has read as well, since much of his research is based on that as well.

Thank you Pashalis for digging into this topic!

If you go to time index 1:51:53 you see the enormous scale invariance features in the landscape filmed with a small drone from high altitude. Carlson and Hancock explain what you see. When I first saw the whole podcast a while ago, it blew my mind and left a lasting impression: That must have been a devastating flood of biblical proportions for sure!

Potholes Coulee is one of the most drammatic features left behind by the great Ice-Age floods.

And if that weren't catastrophically cataclysmic enough, Randall mentioned in one of his lectures in passing, that he thinks that there are good reasons (geologically and scientifically speaking) for the (brace yourself!) possibility that some if not many of the huge and high mountain ranges around the globe were not formed gradually in a matter of millimeters per year during the course of millions of years, but rather very suddenly instead, judging on their geomorphic structures and the amounts of erosion they exhibit and a number of other factors involved. In the section where he mentioned that, he didn't go into what he thinks when exactly some of that happened in the past though. Nonetheless, if true, that is on hell of geological change in a short period! It just leaves you utterly speechless how violent and suddenly this planet can shift gears, possibly largely triggered by comet impacts, in very short period of times....:jawdrop:

Of course all of that also represents a big problem to dating stuff geologically and archeologically speaking, as well as for the paleontological record and all the rather misleading ideas from Darwin (which Randall also judges this way).

It also makes you seriously rethink how much of an effect cosmic induced cataclysms really had on life on the planet constantly, also biologically speaking. In Randall's Carolina Bays lecture (that we will discuss soon as well) he brings up a number of things in that regard, that are also highly fascinating and which I never heard before. Like the strange fauna and flora that developed right in and around those bays (and only there and nowhere else on the planet) which look and behave quite alien compared to the rest of the planet. For example, the Venus flytraps (a meat eating plant) developed only in those Carolina Bays; they are native to that area alone, and nowhere else on the planet.

Venus' flytraps and Carolina Bays
Much to everyone's amazement, Venus' flytraps are not some strange, exotic plant. It is native only to the Carolinas, and, according to Wikipedia, probably within a 60-mile radius of Wilmington, North Carolina. They are found mostly around crater-like formations known as Carolina Bays, which are located mostly in the same area. Connections to these bays, which are thought to be caused by meteors, only help theories of their alien origins.

What makes this even more interesting is that many of those bays could have been created by atmospheric explosions of fireballs, similarly to the Tunguska event. So what effects might those atmospheric explosions have on living things, besides radiation type changes in the DNA? Incredibly interesting!

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Nonetheless, if true, that is on hell of geological change in a short period! It just leaves you utterly speechless how violent and suddenly this planet can shift
Of course all of that also presents a big problem to dating stuff geologically and archeologically speaking, as well as for the paleontological record and all the rather misleading ideas from Darwin (which Randall also judges this way).
Heavily eroded megalithic structures like the great Sphinx and the destruction pattern of massive megalithic walls in Egypt and South America, where you find huge blocks of stone lying around all over the place, most of them buried, speak volumes in that regard. The ancient site Tiwanaku in Bolivia has been buried under a mudslide. In some places like Tanis in Egypt there are huge statues and blocks of stone that even show obvious signs of heat exposure, that look molten and burned. Infamous underwater sites also fit the pattern of rising sea levels. There is indeed a lot of archaeological material that hints at such devastating events.

I wonder if part of the reason why mainstream academia fights the concept of cyclic catastrophes and catastrophists like Randall Carlson is the effect an acknowledgement of this might have on the public. People might not only begin to question the wisdom of their leaders but also might change their thinking in general, since the threat of mother nature would teach them humbleness and respect and also might inspire growth and a desire for real science and wisdom. People might want to start behaving and stop the lies and wrongdoings which makes the elites powerful and wealthy, in hopes the universe might spare them if they prove themselves worthy - fear of cosmic punishment.

As long as people believe in their almighty leaders who are capable of protecting them, you don't need to think about the bigger picture and the developmental implications it might have. It seems to me that the ruling elite can't exploit a society that wants to truly grow and develop. They can only be powerful and wealthy in a pathological dominance hierarchy and wouldn't stand a chance if instead a healthy competence Hierarchy would emerge. What do you think?

That seems to be the idea behind materialism and liberalism, to clean out every last bit of religious/divine concept and of common sense, to have their sheep as confused and fearful as possible, cut off from the universe so to speak. Sorry if this post is a bit off-topic.

To better understand how that works, here is a presentation of Randall about the scale invariance phenomena that you can not only see in mathematics but in geological features, especially in water and flood regimes.

The description of the video reads:
If you go to time index 1:51:53 you see the enormous scale invariance features in the landscape filmed with a small drone from high altitude. Carlson and Hancock explain what you see. When I first saw the whole podcast a while ago, it blew my mind and left a lasting impression: That must have been a devastating flood of biblical proportions for sure!
[...]

Potholes Coulee is one of the most drammatic features left behind by the great Ice-Age floods.

Here is another short segment where Randall shows the scale invariance phenomena with some good examples towards the middle and the end of the video where you can see micro floot/water effects on sediment and surrounding structures in a small lake for example. Notice how the same pattern will be produced by much bigger waterflows that are many orders of magnitude bigger and can be observed in the big landscapes around us via planes and satellite images:

Last edited:
And if that weren't catastrophically cataclysmic enough, Randall mentioned in one of his lectures in passing, that he thinks that there are good reasons (geologically and scientifically speaking) for the (brace yourself!) possibility that some if not many of the huge and high mountain ranges around the globe were not formed gradually in a matter of millimeters per year during the course of millions of years, but rather very suddenly instead, judging on their geomorphic structures and the amounts of erosion they exhibit and a number of other factors involved.

I remember when I crossed the Pyrenees to France from the Spanish side at the level of Aragon, getting a distinct feeling that something catastrophic happened there. You really have the top of the mountains in front of your face from some roads there. The mountains just look pretty impossible from a gradualist point of view. It looks like someone trashed a piece of paper, resulting in several gigantic structures from the mountain going diagonally and then abruptly changing to the other direction, only to become diagonally again. The look of it just makes you uneasy.

I remember when I crossed the Pyrenees to France from the Spanish side at the level of Aragon, getting a distinct feeling that something catastrophic happened there. You really have the top of the mountains in front of your face from some roads there. The mountains just look pretty impossible from a gradualist point of view. It looks like someone trashed a piece of paper, resulting in several gigantic structures from the mountain going diagonally and then abruptly changing to the other direction, only to become diagonally again. The look of it just makes you uneasy.

Could very well be that what you saw and felt instinctively could have been the result of a sudden catastrophic event that dwarfs anything in scale we know of today. In fact, that seems more likely in many cases than the uniformitarian explanation of land features. Yes, slow „one grain of sand and one drop of water at a time“ does happen constantly, but it is regularly punctuated by very big and catastrophic events, and that for a very long time.

So you probably felt something unimaginable catastrophic from the past there when looking at the bigger picture and with that you opened a door many darwinian and uniformitarian people could never even entertain, even though the evidence for it is overwhelming by now.

It is one thing to see those features on pictures and satellite images, but quite another to see them up close in real life and then try to imagine the impossible; Floods and catastrophic events that are hard to wrap your mind around, since there is nothing that we can see and experience in our world today that comes even remotely close to the scale of those events.

Last edited:
I remember when I crossed the Pyrenees to France from the Spanish side at the level of Aragon, getting a distinct feeling that something catastrophic happened there. You really have the top of the mountains in front of your face from some roads there. The mountains just look pretty impossible from a gradualist point of view.

I've been passing by this particular mountain (Banff, Alberta) for 40 years, which has always struck me the same way - the uplift is stark (the whole range of mountains really), and yet the message has always been the gradual approach that never fit well. On the rock and in the rock are all manner of ocean fossils. Randall (and others) make the case for a near instantaneous uplift - the catastrophic event(s). To the east of this mountain is the old ocean beds that drained off South, and this mountain area was the west part of it that was trust upwards.

Many of the scenes, the ripples in the landscape, are there in many areas as Randall points out South in Montana. This mountain at Banff looks like it was literally dug up from one side, the North side. On the South side (with the Chateau at the bottom) is a relatively gentle slope that was once ocean floor:

The sad thing is, that most of his research so far hasn't been put into written form or books for that matter. He mentioned somewhere (one or two years ago) that he is working on a book, which hasn't materialized yet.
A first good step could be to get a comprehensive list of the books he has read over the decades and maybe all the papers he has read as well, since much of his research is based on that as well.

The rumors are getting more concrete that he is actually working on writing a book at the moment! The information about it is pretty hard to come by at the moment since nobody seems to have asked him about it and there isn't any concrete statement about it available anywhere yet, besides one short segment where he alluded to it a couple of years ago. See above quotes.

In the first of the following two recent interviews (last week) the moderator mentions that Randall might be working on a book and later Randall himself talks about, quote; " a whole couple of chapters that I've written that will be in the book about those early catastrophists":

"Most of the early geologist were catastrophists and I have a whole couple of chapters that I've written that will be in the book about those early catastrophists and how this was essentially the dominant view. And then between about the time the american civil war and the turn of the century, what you see is this shift; it was the Hitonian [?] and there was that James Hutton [?], a geologist that first proposed the uniformitarian concept and then that was followed up by Charles Liael [?] and [lets see] Playfaire[?]... There were about three prominent gradualists who eventually came to dominate the emerging academic discipline of geology, so that by the time that we get to the end of the nineteenth century (or you know the end of the eighteen hundreds) catastrophisms had been largely discredited and replaced with uniformitarianism, which basically says, that all changes in the past can be explained by reference to changes that we see occurring, essentially on a day to day and year to year basis, now, you see?"

So I'm very much looking forward to that book and what he will actually put in it...

Here are the two recent podcasts with Randall mentioned above, both of which, as usual, are pretty interesting:

In the first of the following two recent interviews (last week) the moderator mentions that Randall might be working on a book and later Randall himself talks about, quote; " a whole couple of chapters that I've written that will be in the book about those early catastrophists":

[...]

Here are the two recent podcasts with Randall mentioned above, both of which, as usual, are pretty interesting:

In the first podcast he also mentions a couple of pretty interesting details from his early life in the, fifties, sixties and seventies which might be connected to his involvement/study of the Gurdjieff material and a whole host of all kinds of different mystic traditions and mythologies around the world.

Randalls says:

"...[Randall speaking about earlier life experiences and happenings] And it was those kind of things that got me really interested in looking at the bigger picture of like global change. You know because once I got into, you know I would say I got into the aftermath of the sixties, I kind of followed a path very much like a lot of people did; I began to look for answers to spiritual questions and studied psychology which led me looking into people like Mircea Eliade, Carl Jung, Abraham Maslow; [and] the mythologist that were linking the archetypal patterns of human consciousness with these ancient mythic archetypes....

So I got really fascinated with all of that and it led me into studying mythology. [...] My fascination with Mythology led me into studying - I had studied already as a kid and was fascinated by mythology, so I had read a lot of greek mythology and norse mythology particularly. And you know, norse mythology is very apocalyptic. [asking moderator] I don't know if you have ever read any of the norse tails such as the Ragnarok? [Moderator says "yes"] You know the great cosmic battles... The Midgard serpent wrapping around the world... You know the Fenriswolf... Then in greek mythology you had, you know the story about Titan [?] and his fall to earth; you had the story of
Deucalion and Pyrrha [?] who was the greek version of noah...

So I had emerged myself as a reader; you know when I was a kid, I emerged myself in these and as I got older I branched out and started reading a lot of eastern mythology. And then I got very interested in the Vedas; and those of course were some of the oldest writings on earth... And exploring into the Vedas I discovered the ideas of the Yugas and the Kalpas [?], these great circles of time that were inaugurated into a new round, a new order of the world. And then at their conclusion the world was destroyed and then in that place a new world would rise up...

And that kind of resonated with the things I had read in greek mythology about the four ages of the world; you know the golden age, the silver age, the bronze age and the iron age... Because in the Yugas you have ages of the world and they are sort of a loose correspondents between those...

And that led me into, gosh!, you know... You know when you are cursed with this obsessive need to understand things, it just leads you from one place to another... So I kinda just, I went were I was lead... And after going, spending three or four years; I actually became a student of a Brahmin priest, [and] I became a student of an himalayan Swami... to try to learn more about the eastern traditions. I became a student of a dervish, a sufi dervish... All of this was in the early seventies. Then when I moved to Georgia I started my building business and because in building you know you use a lot of geometry, I kind of got very interested in geometry... We had been with this group in Minnesota, called the diana mandrum [?], which essentially meant meditation temple. And in the summer of 1971 we held a retreat up in the north woods of Minnesota and me and my two younger brothers were both involved in this. And as we were growing up our father was a carpenter and house builder; so we picked up some carpentry skills when we were growing up..."

[...]

I think in the second podcast above Randall also talked about a pretty interesting idea; how it might be possible to locate past comet induced craters that struck on ice (and didn't leave behind any direct evidence) by the movement of water and its effects on the ground, similarly to the way marine geologist can find carters on the ocean bottom. He also revealed that he spend the last couple of years mapping the Drumlins scattered all around Northamerica in detail, with directions and such, because he thinks it might be possible to establish with this method the direction of the big water flows in the past and thus retrace the origin of those water flows, aka. the ground zero of impact events, like the impacts that created the mega floods at the end of the last ice age. in which possibly one or several struck the icesheets.

At the end of that second podcast Randall was also asked about the two new craters that were recently discovered under the Greenland ice sheets and both Randall and the Moderator were rather struck by the reaction of mainstream academia to this. It seems obvious that this recent discovery has a lot of political and historical implications that the authorities are now trying to hold under the wraps desperately. They are fighting hard at the moment against what was discovered there and as Randall points out rather badly and rude in the scientific sense.

For anyone interested in the area, Randall will head a excursion over the period of several days from 17 of may till 27 of May in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. In it Randall will show a number of sights of pre-european civilizations that lived in the area among many other things. As I understand it, the exact schedule and what will be done is currently being worked out by Randall. In the evenings, lectures and slideshow presentations seem to be involved too. A number of the sites that are on the tour plan will also be mentioned in Graham Hancocks soon to be released new book called "America Before" which apparently has quite some material from Carlsons research in it. If I would be in the area and would have some spare time I would certainly consider to join the guys on the field trip.

You can read the rough schedule and prizes ans such on the website above.

Back
Top Bottom