High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C (and other vitamin infusions)

i can't remember if this has been mentioned on the cass/sott forum
but last oct/nov 2018 clif high announced he had cancer ,, he has released a number of vids
about what he is doing about it ...
this video is one of his most recent ,, despite the title most of the talk is about cancer/health
and his use of vit C ... ( he concludes his cancer has been reduced by his own actions)

Clif High, Bitcoin Ben talk health and woowoo!
one hour 11 minutes
Published on Mar 25, 2019

My wife took IV C for a couple of years to fight an inflammatory tumour (not cancerous) on the optic nerve. Unfortunately it didn't do anything for her, not with THIS type of tumour anyway. Where we had it done, they have a room with 8 lazy-boy chairs for IV patients (medical system doesn't pay for this, it's all through "naturopathic doctors" here in Canada). We met and became friendly with a few folks who really were suffering from cancer. Some of them didn't make it, even with the IV C. Having said that, some people seemed to really benefit from it. The chairs were ALWAYS full.

I forgot to ask: what were the dosages and frequency of this treatment?

2018 clif high announced he had cancer ,, he has released a number of vids
about what he is doing about it ...

wodasi,

His cancer and vitamin C has also been discussed recently in the thread Cliff High- half past human.com starting about on this post by Laura.

There were different opinions and observations about his take on vitamin C.

This video seems to give a bit more details about his cancer and why he tried vitamin C. At least he did his own research and didn't just go with the flow. The stories were real life situations and interesting if not sad.

I forgot to ask: what were the dosages and frequency of this treatment?

Initially, it was twice a week, with 500ml of ascorbic acid "in solution". I honestly don't know how much C was dissolved in the solution, but I assume it was something more than a few vitamins worth! With my wife's poor veins this process would take about an hour and a half. We tapered off to once a week because we weren't seeing any results, then stopped altogether, after two years of treatments. Not covered. Expensive.

Initially, it was twice a week, with 500ml of ascorbic acid "in solution". I honestly don't know how much C was dissolved in the solution, but I assume it was something more than a few vitamins worth! With my wife's poor veins this process would take about an hour and a half. We tapered off to once a week because we weren't seeing any results, then stopped altogether, after two years of treatments. Not covered. Expensive.

Well, a saturated solution of Vit C is 1 gram per 2 ml. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be giving 250 grams. It might have been 50 grams in 500 ml of solution; that would be a curative dose by any standards. Bet her skin was marvelous! I guess you can't say for sure it didn't do anything at all because you don't know what might have transpired had you not done it! For all you know, the tumor might have gone cancerous and metastatic otherwise. But yeah, it's brutal on the veins. I've read in a couple of forums where people talk about cancer treatments with IV vit C and the biggest problem seems to be the wear and tear on the veins. Theoretically, there are ways to help counteract that, but no way to avoid it entirely I don't think.

Again, I wonder if metformin might be helpful. Since it won't hurt anything, I don't see any reason for your doctor not to prescribe it just to try it for 6 months or a year to see what happens. (Stuff does take time!) Perhaps you can persuade him or here. Take him a copy of the paper Chu posted for backup.

And do some research on "anti-tumor agents" or something like that. As long as it is natural and not a burden to take, it should be worth trying a few things.

There are answers to your questions in these sites posted previously in this thread:

Yes, is very long, but very instructive and a must read for health care providers and if you are even remotely interesting in experimenting with this. I had an IV vitamin C injection with the ready-made stock solution that practitioners make themselves and found that all that I have written in the historical record is very important and to keep in mind. Depending on the context and state of health, this is something that you definitely need and want a health care provider to be around. Depending on the speed and concentration, you can certainly faint or even die if you have a glucose-6-phostate dehydrogenase deficiency.

Sodium ascorbate needs a small concentration of EDTA to neutralize the copper and iron which in turn neutralizes the ascorbate. No other additives are recommended.

Ideal dilutions for intramuscular injection are 500mg of C in 1cc of solution. Injection has to go deep in the muscle as there is subcutaneous induration and even sterile abscesses if the needle doesn't reach the muscle. Sodium ascorbate hurts less than ascorbic acid. As much as 2 grams can be injected in one site, but if the vials are of 1gram per 5cc, know that injecting 10cc in one single site might be too much, carrying a greater risk of complications if the water was not in the muscle to begin with.

Thrombophlebitis would always be an issue when using >500mg of vitamin C per cc and there is a possibility of fainting if solution goes too rapidly. Spacing the infusions or using a different vein are ways to allow the veins to recover.

For higher concentrations, calcium gluconate can be used to reduce tetany, but it can induce severe bradycardia in some populations. In fact, calcium gluconate is only used in the hospital setting.

There is more useful information in the historical record, a compilation of what they discovered in the past while applying vitamin C to patients throughout several decades. Fortunately, nobody needs to re-invent the wheel, but learn from practitioners in the past who in turn learned the hard way.

Thanks for your advice Gaby. I spoke with my ND and she said that IV doses of 12 grams or less is usually safe even for people who have a G6PD deficiency. I am getting tested for this in any case. Calcium gluconate seems necessary in cases where the concentration is high enough (20+ grams total) to prevent temporary seizures in the lower body. I think I'd prefer to stay below that threshold even if the side-effects aren't catastrophic.

I think I could get away with doing a sterile solution of 12 grams of sodium ascorbate in 50 ccs of ringer's solution, administered via syringe over the course of an hour with some medical supervision.

In Virus Encephalitis a dose schedule of from 350 mg to 700 mg per Kg. body weight diluted to at least 18 c.c. of 5D water to each gram of “C” is recommended. In small children, 2 and 3 grams can be given intramuscularly, every 2 hours. An ice cap to the buttock will prevent soreness and induration. Ascorbic acid in amounts under 400 mg per Kg. body weight can be administered intravenously with a syringe in dilutions of 5 c.c. to each one gram provided the ampoule is buffered with sodium bicarbonate with sodium Bisulfite added. As much as 12 grams can be given in this manner with a 50 c.c. syringe. Larger amounts must be diluted with “bottle” dextrose or “saline” solutions and run in by needle drip. This is true because amounts like 20 to 25 grams which can be given with a 100 c.c. syringe can suddenly dehydrate the cerebral cortex so as to produce convulsive movements of the legs. This represents a peculiar syndrome, symptomatic epilepsy, in which the patient is mentally clear and experiences no discomfiture except that the lower extremities are in mild convulsion. This epileptiform type seizure will continue for 20 plus minutes and then abruptly stop. Mild pressure on the knees will stop the seizure so long as pressure is maintained. If still within the time limit of the seizure the spasm will reappear by simply withdrawing the hand pressure. Dr. Klenner saw this in two patients receiving 26 grams intravenously with a 100 c.c. syringe on the second injection. One patient had poliomyelitis, the other malignant measles. Both were adults. He duplicated this on himself to prove no after effects. Intramuscular injections are always 500 mg to 1 c.c. solution. With continuous intravenous injections of large amounts of ascorbic acid, at least one gram of calcium gluconate must be added to the fluids each day. This is done because we have found that massive doses of ascorbic acid pulls free calcium ions from the vicinity of the platelets or from the calcium-prothrombin complex as the lactone ring of dehydroascorbic acid is opened. The first sign of calcium ion loss is “nose bleeding”. This differs from the nosebleed found, at times, in cases of chicken pox or measles. Here it represents frank scurvy from vitamin C deficiency. The pathology being “Capillary fragility”.

For those considering high dose vitamin C perfusions, like 50-100g several times a week which is the typical anti-cancer protocol, be aware that it can be damaging to the veins. But there are ways to mitigate those damages:

perfusion
- reduce the drip speed
- reduce the hypertonicity of the solution
- perfuse 100ml of saline solution with 5 ml of actovegin (helps the veins reconstruction) right after the vitamin C perfusion

Drugs and supplements
To help the the veins to recover the following can be useful: DMSO topically along several oral drugs and supplements: pentoxifylline, serrapeptase, daflon (flavonoids), vinpocetine, OPC (oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes) and horse chestnut extracts.
Also, actovegin (intramuscular) can be a helpful molecule.

Following a bad chest infection that came right on the heels of an absessed tooth I decided to prioritize getting an intravenous Vitamin C treatment and see about getting one done pronto. Needless to say, I was feeling rather depleted after this one-two punch, and with a somewhat physically vigorous job, I need to be in fairly good shape - so found a place not terribly far from where I am and went with Nancy2feathers (who also got the same treatment) on Saturday, here: IV Therapy and Hydration Treatments in Asheville NC

What surprised me was that finding a place that provides this service was not as difficult as I thought it would be, at least not in my neck of the woods in Western North Carolina - because it seems that getting IV C and other supplementation has become something of burgeoning business model in the health and wellness industry. Here's another place that seems to be part of an actual franchise: Wellness Programs - IV Hydration & Oxygen Wellness Center. The marketing of both facilities come under the term of 'hydration' interestingly enough.

While making the appointment I was asked by the Doctor how much C I had been taking if any, and explained that I take lyposomal C almost regularly. When I told her that, she said that was good because taking IV C in higher doses could be dangerous if one is very depleted or genetically vulnerable. This gets back to what Dr. Gaby mentioned earlier in the thread about glucose-6-phostate dehydrogenase deficiency. I checked my 23andme info just to be sure and found that I don't have the main marker for this that they test for, so all good there.

Hydrate Asheville sells packages of IV supplementation, usually with only a 5 gram dose of C among other things. So I asked how much more I could get and was informed that there was a 15 gram maximum without a Doctor's referral. Not terribly much to be sure, but probably not a bad first foray into this modality to start with. What came with it was 1 gram of magnesium, some B Complex, 1cc or 1,000 micrograms of B12 and 200 milligrams of Glutathione. All for $200.00 which is quite a lot of money certainly.

The infusion took just under and hour and the process was very easy. The guy who administered it was very knowledgeable and told me of IV C as it was being used by a couple of integrative medicine practices he knew of that treated cancer patients with something called the Riordan and Greece Protocols. So word of IV C as a viable treatment is definitely spreading.

How do I feel? Well I haven't noticed anything dramatic. I had been working fairly steadily for the most part with the absessed tooth and started working again just after the worst of the chest infection. Exhausting days to be sure! I worked yesterday though and felt back to my usual energy levels which are pretty good in general, so I think that the 15 grams of C just brought me back to close to how I generally feel which is good.

Though I think it wouldn't be terribly difficult to see about getting a 50 gram infusion of C from Hydrate Medical, I imagine the cost would be much higher and so will be looking into some more feasible alternatives... Though getting C by infusion seems much easier than I originally thought, there's still the element of it being an over-priced treatment, at least around where we are. But glad to see that people are gaining much more access to it when, usually for cancer patients, they are all too often told that chemo is the way to go.

Following a bad chest infection that came right on the heels of an absessed tooth I decided to prioritize getting an intravenous Vitamin C treatment and see about getting one done pronto. Needless to say, I was feeling rather depleted after this one-two punch, and with a somewhat physically vigorous job, I need to be in fairly good shape - so found a place not terribly far from where I am and went with Nancy2feathers (who also got the same treatment) on Saturday, here: IV Therapy and Hydration Treatments in Asheville NC

What surprised me was that finding a place that provides this service was not as difficult as I thought it would be, at least not in my neck of the woods in Western North Carolina - because it seems that getting IV C and other supplementation has become something of burgeoning business model in the health and wellness industry. Here's another place that seems to be part of an actual franchise: Wellness Programs - IV Hydration & Oxygen Wellness Center. The marketing of both facilities come under the term of 'hydration' interestingly enough.

While making the appointment I was asked by the Doctor how much C I had been taking if any, and explained that I take lyposomal C almost regularly. When I told her that, she said that was good because taking IV C in higher doses could be dangerous if one is very depleted or genetically vulnerable. This gets back to what Dr. Gaby mentioned earlier in the thread about glucose-6-phostate dehydrogenase deficiency. I checked my 23andme info just to be sure and found that I don't have the main marker for this that they test for, so all good there.

Hydrate Asheville sells packages of IV supplementation, usually with only a 5 gram dose of C among other things. So I asked how much more I could get and was informed that there was a 15 gram maximum without a Doctor's referral. Not terribly much to be sure, but probably not a bad first foray into this modality to start with. What came with it was 1 gram of magnesium, some B Complex, 1cc or 1,000 micrograms of B12 and 200 milligrams of Glutathione. All for $200.00 which is quite a lot of money certainly.

The infusion took just under and hour and the process was very easy. The guy who administered it was very knowledgeable and told me of IV C as it was being used by a couple of integrative medicine practices he knew of that treated cancer patients with something called the Riordan and Greece Protocols. So word of IV C as a viable treatment is definitely spreading.

How do I feel? Well I haven't noticed anything dramatic. I had been working fairly steadily for the most part with the absessed tooth and started working again just after the worst of the chest infection. Exhausting days to be sure! I worked yesterday though and felt back to my usual energy levels which are pretty good in general, so I think that the 15 grams of C just brought me back to close to how I generally feel which is good.

Though I think it wouldn't be terribly difficult to see about getting a 50 gram infusion of C from Hydrate Medical, I imagine the cost would be much higher and so will be looking into some more feasible alternatives... Though getting C by infusion seems much easier than I originally thought, there's still the element of it being an over-priced treatment, at least around where we are. But glad to see that people are gaining much more access to it when, usually for cancer patients, they are all too often told that chemo is the way to go.

After suffering from a cold for 3 days last week, I went with Ennio to the Hydrate Asheville and received the infusion described above. Shortly after receiving the infusion, my sinuses dried up, I stopped sneezing and the fogginess feeling lifted. I continue to feel great with no signs of a cold.

I few months back I came down with an upper respiratory infection that lasted for what seemed like months, all the while taking mega doses of vit. C, elderberry syrup and more. I felt like I was worn out when it first hit me, then seemed to drag on with a cough.

I'd say the infusion was a success and yes it is pricey but well worth not having to stress my body out for months trying to recover from a darn cold!

But glad to see that people are gaining much more access to it when, usually for cancer patients, they are all too often told that chemo is the way to go.

Who on Earth would ever think that destroying the body is the best way to heal it? It's absurd.

Plus, the term "chemotherapy" always irritated me. It was kidnapped by the multi-billion dollar pharma industry.

The word chemotherapy without a modifier usually refers to cancer treatment, but its historical meaning was broader. The term was coined in the early 1900s by Paul Ehrlich as meaning any use of chemicals to treat any disease (chemo- + -therapy), such as the use of antibiotics (antibacterial chemotherapy).

I would just love to see things like IV C spread and become REAL chemotherapy.

And don't get me started on "radiotherapy"...

Aaaand that's all I have to say about that.
:whistle:

Who on Earth would ever think that destroying the body is the best way to heal it? It's absurd.
I would just love to see things like IV C spread and become REAL chemotherapy.

Couldn't agree with you more, and it reminds me greatly of the awareness now surrounding the ketogenic/carnivore diets. Several years ago a then co-worker looked at me like I was totally nuts when she saw the copious amounts of butter I was eating with an almost all meat dish I had brought from home. I explained the diet to her a few times and that was it. Several months ago this same lady rushed up to me at work not having seen me for several years (I've since changed departments) and she told me how excited she was to have changed over to a keto/paleo diet - and how thankful she was that I spoke to her about it because she had since heard so much more about it but I was the first to mention it, she felt great doing it, etc. She later gifted me with an extra keto cookbook copy she had she was so grateful.

In the past few weeks I've taken two opportunities at work to speak to folks about IV C for cancer. And certainly there are a lot of peeps here who speak to a lot of people all the time about the things we're learning. That we know! So I guess for folks who have ears to hear, we just keep dropping these awesome info seeds where appropriate and take a little pleasure where we can in watching them grow!

I, too, was surprised to find IV therapy clinics popping up very close to my home and even closer to my work. In Grand Rapids, MI there are at least two clinics offering a full menu of choices (similar ingredients as Ennio mentioned) for $110. They also offer injections. The glutathione was $20. Quite reasonable prices.

I've recommended the clinic in Elkhart, IN to several of my patients. It's great to see these services finally being offered!

The focus of IV Vit C discussions has been mostly on cancer cases, but I was reading earlier that it is very successful in curing other conditions:
  • Pneumonia
  • Encephalitis
  • Herpes Zoster (shingles)
  • Herpes Simplex
  • Mononucleosis
  • Pancreatitis
  • Hepatitis
  • Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
  • Bladder Infection
  • Alcoholism
  • Arthritis
  • Some Cancers
  • Leukemia
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Ruptured Intervertebral Disc
  • High Cholesterol
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetes
  • Glaucoma
  • Schizophrenia
  • Burns and secondary infections
  • Heat Stroke
  • Radiation Burns
  • Heavy Metal Poisoning (Mercury, Lead)
  • Venomous Bites (insects, snakes)
  • Multiple Sclerosis
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Complications of Surgery

Dr. Klenner was one of the first physicians to cure disease with vitamin C. In fact, he consistently eliminated chicken pox, measles, mumps, tetanus and polio with huge doses of IV vitamin C. And, keep in mind, Dr. Klenner did this when vaccines didn't even exist.

These are the medical facts. Dr. Klenner cured pneumonia, encephalitis, herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex, mononucleosis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, rocky mountain spotted fever, bladder infections, alcoholism, arthritis, some cancers, leukemia, atherosclerosis, ruptured intervertebral disc, high cholesterol, corneal ulcers, diabetes, glaucoma, radiation burns - the list goes on and on.

Ruptured discs and alcoholism???

Added: High-dose Intravenous Vitamin C as a Successful Treatment of Viral Infections - Riordan Clinic
In the poliomyelitis epidemic in North Carolina in 1948, 60 cases of this disease came under his care. The treatment employed was vitamin C in massive doses. It was given like any other antibiotic every two to four hours. The initial dose was 1000 to 2000 mg, depending on age. This schedule was followed for 24 hours. After this time the fever was consistently down, so the vitamin C was given 1000 to 2000 mg every six hours for the next 48 hours. All patients were clinically well after 72 hours.

In the treatment of other types of virus infections, the same dose schedule was adopted. In herpes zoster, 2000 to 3000 mg of vitamin C was given every 12 hours; this was supplemented by 1000 mg in fruit juice by mouth every two hours. Eight cases were treated in this series, all adults. Seven experienced cessation of pain within two hours of the first injection and remained so without the use of any other analgesic medication. Seven of these cases showed drying of the vesicles within 24 hours and were clear of lesions within 72 hours. They received from five to seven injections. Chicken pox gave an equally good response, the vesicles responding in the same manner as did those of herpes.

And:

Another pioneer in the therapeutic use of injectable vitamin C, Dr. W.J. McCormick, notes that while until 1952 vitamin C had been used “primarily and solely” to counteract deficiencies of the vitamin, it also has potent chemotherapeutic properties when given in large repeated doses, preferably intravenously or intramuscularly.

Some more items I found:

It has been reported that a vitamin C plasma level above 400 mg/dL is toxic to tumor cells [4]. This concentration of vitamin C can be achieved in humans using IV vitamin C infusions periodically. Our data supports that high dose of IV vitamin C can be used in the management of patients with cancer.

In January of 2016, out of desperation, he decided to try IV mega-dose vitamin C on a middle-aged woman dying from septic shock in his unit.
His IV “cocktail” consisted of vitamin C, thiamine (vitamin B1), and hydrocortisone. Her turn-around and recovery were so unexpectedly rapid and complete that he continued using that cocktail for sepsis victims with a very high success rate.

For Candida:

Another list of conditions IV Vit C helps or cures:

* Alzheimer's dementia * Eczema
* Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis *Headaches
* Anxiety * Hypertension
* Asthma (acute & chronic) * Immune disorders
* Arthritis * Macular degeneration
* Autoimmune illness * Multiple sclerosis
* Cancer * Neuropathy
* Celiac disease * Parkinson's disease
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Scleroderma
* Constipation * Shingles
* Depression * Toxicity syndrome
* Diabetes mellitus * Vitiligo

A bit about the hypogylcemia that occurs during IV Vit C therapy:

At the Colorado Integrative Medical Center (www.coloradomedicalcenter.com) in Denver, CO, we are starting to use a unique form of vitamin C therapy known as pulsed intravenous vitamin C (PIVC) therapy. First and foremost, this therapy utilizes the principle that the more rapidly a given dose of any nutrient or medication is given, the higher the peak blood level of that substance will be. This very rapid delivery of vitamin C was first reported to be both safe and highly effective by Klenner (1971). In acute barbiturate overdose Klenner gave as much as 42,000 mg of vitamin C "by vein as fast as a 20 gauge needle could carry the flow." This dose awoke the patient and began the reversal of the barbiturate toxicity without causing any side effects of note. Klenner safely administered IV push vitamin C on multiple occasions, often on very critically ill patients, with great clinical success and no reported toxicity.

The concept of PIVC is to get acute blood levels of vitamin C as high as possible. By simple diffusion physiology, an acute doubling or tripling of the blood vitamin C levels will temporarily allow an acute doubling or tripling of the amount of vitamin C that normally diffuses into perfused tissues via the gradient that is present at the baseline concentration. The temporary blood levels achieved can be substantial. If Casciari et al. can get a certain high blood level from infusing 60,000 mg of vitamin C over 80 minutes, then an IV push of 20,000 mg of vitamin C over 2 minutes can be expected to temporarily increase the peak blood concentration by 10-fold or more over the rapid intravenous infusion. This amount has already been administered safely on multiple occasions.

A physiological effect of such a rapid administration of vitamin C appears to occasionally induce an acute hypoglycemia. Sylvest (1942) found that a majority of people given intravenous vitamin C showed a clear lowering of blood sugar. This effect is possibly due to a significant reflex release of insulin from the pancreas. Such a conclusion is directly supported by the work of Cheng et al. (1989), who found that vitamin C injected into rats "produced a dose-dependent and marked hypoglycaemic effect after intravenous injection." They also found that the hypoglycemic effect was maximal at five minutes after injection, coinciding with an increase in the plasma insulin concentration. Vitamin C is a very similar molecule to glucose, and a rapid spike of vitamin C released into the blood likely can induce the same reflex insulin spike that is seen in a glucose tolerance test, where a large dose of glucose is given to evaluate how quickly and effectively one can restore glucose levels to normal by inducing insulin release. Clinically, this hypoglycemic effect has been the most notable in patients who are ingesting little food and drink, and in those patients who are generally sickest, as in advanced neurological conditions. In such patients just an infusion of vitamin C can cause hypoglycemia as well, not requiring the rapid IV push. Such patients may need a bolus of 50% glucose to rapidly reverse the low blood sugar, as it has been noted to occur even when the carrier IV fluid is 5% dextrose (sugar) in water. However, the IV push does seem to more reliably cause the hypoglycemic symptoms, which fits with the animal literature cited above.

This vitamin C-induced hypoglycemia should prove to be a very desirable effect clinically, however. Severe hypoglycemia has already been safely and deliberately induced in a protocol that has been in existence for over 70 years now. Known as insulin potentiation therapy
(www.iptq.org), intravenous insulin (roughly 20 to 40 units) is given rapidly to induce hypoglycemia. As hypoglycemia becomes manifest, minidoses of cancer chemotherapeutic agents are administered. Such small doses, in the presence of insulin-induced hypoglycemia, appear to be facilitated in their transport across the cell membrane pathways such that the drugs reach killing concentrations inside cancer cells at much lower dosage levels. Traditional chemotherapy can often be given without causing the otherwise inevitable loss of hair seen with the much larger doses.

Vitamin C and glucose actually directly compete with each other for insulin-mediated transport into the various cells of the body (Washko et al., 1991; Cunningham, 1998). Increased intracellular access should prove to be a major leap forward in the effective treatment of most diseases already known to be responsive to vitamin C, and in likely quite a few more diseases that just need more effective dosing of vitamin C to show a positive response. Proprietary protocols being developed at the Colorado Integrative Medical Center are using such "Vitamin C-Enabled Intracellular Nutrition" (VEIN) methodologies.

A side effect associated with high doses of vitamin C, along with other nutrients given intravenously, and sometimes associated with concomitant hyperbaric oxygen therapy, has been noted at our facility. On three occasions patients have complained of bilateral mid-back discomfort. When this has been reported, further intravenous nutrients are discontinued, oral hydration and intravenous hydration are initiated, and oral or intravenous furosemide is given. This has resolved the discomfort in all circumstances. No associated abnormal laboratory findings have been seen to result. It is hypothesized that when the solute load gets high enough in the blood perfusing the kidney, a dehydrating effect is acutely inflicted on the kidney cells, causing the pain/discomfort reflex. Neglected, more serious complications could occur. However, the regimen just outlined takes care of such situations fairly promptly. Furthermore, such a side effect can actually give the health care practitioner a practical point beyond which further intravenous nutrition should not be pushed acutely.

Intravenous vitamin C also does more than just kill cancer cells. It boosts immunity. It can stimulate collagen formation to help the body wall off the tumor. It inhibits hyaluronidase, an enzyme that tumors use to metastasize and invade other organs throughout the body. It induces apoptosis to help program cancer cells into dying early. It corrects the almost universal scurvy in cancer patients. Cancer patients are tired, listless, bruise easily, and have a poor appetite. They don't sleep well and have a low threshold for pain. This adds up to a very classic picture of scurvy that generally goes unrecognized by their conventional physicians.

Back
Top Bottom