Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

And then there's this

Fun times, eh? After all, who doesn't enjoy a little race-inspired civil war? Thanks 'Resurrection Europa'! Make sure you cheer us on from 5000kms away! :rolleyes:

And then there's this

Fun times, eh? After all, who doesn't enjoy a little race-inspired civil war? Thanks 'Resurrection Europa'! Make sure you cheer us on from 5000kms away! :rolleyes:

And notice this also. There is little chance of any kind of 'race war' starting in the USA compared to Europe. Hence the white supremacists' repeated invocation of Europe and the immigrant problems here. And hence my suggestion that they keep their noses out of it.

Last edited:
I watched it and within the first minute or two what it made me think was that this is a silly video by a silly right wing website that engages in so much supposition and cherry picking and fails miserably to understand nuance, that it's literally laughable.

That said, the claim made by the video, that Peterson is attempting to neutralize the radical right, is pretty much true. Pretty much everything Peterson has ever said publicly makes it clear that he despises identity politics of any kind, and rightly so. His focus is on the individual and individual responsibility to the self, to family and society.
Exactly. I left a comment to that effect. It was sadly comical that this guy thought Peterson was singling out 'white men', when he makes it so clear that he is addressing everyone, as individuals. Sadder still was how many, "Geeze I used to buy this guy, but now thanks to you, I'm woke." comments were beneath. :headbash:

And notice this also. There is little chance of any kind of 'race war' starting in the USA compared to Europe. Hence the white supremacists' repeated invocation of Europe and the immigrant problems here. And hence my suggestion that they keep their noses out of it.

You're right, I haven't thought about it like that. I have most definitely noticed that in my regular day to day interactions with Muslims as well as any other minorities, that there are no perceptible tensions between people of different nationalities. It's like it's mostly fabricated by the media. If there wasn't a boob tube spouting inanities, I dare say there wouldn't be any racial tensions. (maybe) But I can see how it's probably quite different in Europe.

As far as Peterson goes, if one reads and understands his work, it's obvious there's no hidden devious agendas. He's just a guy who cares about his life, the life of his family as well as the society of which his family is a part. So that he wants what's best for all concerned. And he's dedicated his mind and work as a clinical psychologist to try sincerely to be of help.

Clearly the only agendas belong to those who are attempting to slander him.

You're right, I haven't thought about it like that. I have most definitely noticed that in my regular day to day interactions with Muslims as well as any other minorities, that there are no perceptible tensions between people of different nationalities. It's like it's mostly fabricated by the media. If there wasn't a boob tube spouting inanities, I dare say there wouldn't be any racial tensions. (maybe) But I can see how it's probably quite different in Europe.

The obvious potential racial divide in the USA is between blacks and whites and, maybe, hispanics. But the US has been mixed in that way for a very long time and has already had and mostly dealt with it's 'racism' problem. In addition, there are few real cultural differences between those groups in the US and basically no religious differences (almost everyone is either Christian or agnostic/atheist (or some variation thereof). There is also no significant 'migrant' problem in the USA. The migrants that do come mostly come from south of the border, which again is a long-standing 'norm'. Also, the size of the USA and the number of inhabitants makes for a low impact on the 'indigenous' communities.

European countries are a somewhat different story because they have been receiving relatively large numbers of migrants in proportion to their relatively small populations, many of the migrants are 'new' in the sense that there is very little history of the integration of those groups into many of the European nations, and their culture is pretty different from 'Western' culture, and many are Muslim, and fairly 'devout' in that respect.

With all of that said, there is still a lot of scaremongering around the topic in Europe, which is why the whole 'white culture is being destroyed' shtick as touted by US 'supremacists' is NOT helpful and in fact simply helps those in positions of power and influence who would like to see major social discord in EU nations (assuming they exist). So again, 'white pride' tools in the USA should butt out, we have enough to deal with with people of a similar mind-set who actually live here. To be honest, I think most of them (in the USA) are doing for the LOLs and YT clics. They are not serious people by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Well I wasn't talking about 'Muricans' of European extraction in general, but rather those that promote this kind of extremist racial ideology that leverages 'Europe' to supposedly give it some credibility. It's just silly. Remember in a recent session where, after talking about the 'leftist' agenda, the Cs said that that the 'right' have their own agenda too? This video is a good example of it.
The great irony being that European 'civilization' is essentially Mediterranean in its roots, with big infusions from the Near East and Far East. The alt-right are the political/cultural equivalent of "My Dad is better than your Dad!", but it turns out they're adopted.

And just to give you an idea of how idiotic (and recklessly so) politics has become around the world, and also just how bizarre the human condition can be, check this article from today:

Counting millions of ballot papers by hand proved to be a life-threatening job for hundreds of election staff in Indonesia, as over 270 died and nearly 2,000 fell ill after working long hours, an official has said.

I mean, what the hell could possess so many people to literally work themselves to death counting frickin' ballot papers??

"whites are on the cusp on becoming a minority group in their own countries the world over".

:rotfl:

To illustrate the point, here are the ethnic demographics of the European countries that are most often cited as being 'under threat', and the USA by comparison.

Ireland, 92% caucasian
Germany 90% caucasian
Sweden 90% caucasian
France 85% caucasian
UK 87% caucasian
USA: 75% caucasian

Somehow, I see the "great replacement" alarmists as if they were saying "omg, these foreigners are stealing our women and there is nothing we can do about it". Kind of pathetic and not very "proud". It is exactly the kind of social (and psychological?) disturbance the elites are aiming for.

To illustrate the point, here are the ethnic demographics of the European countries that are most often cited as being 'under threat', and the USA by comparison.

Ireland, 92% caucasian
Germany 90% caucasian
Sweden 90% caucasian
France 85% caucasian
UK 87% caucasian
USA: 75% caucasian

What are the source of these figures Joe ?

What are the source of these figures Joe ?

wikipedia, but also available elsewhere, like here.

As an example of how 'science' gets many predictions wrong, this guardian article of Sept. 2000 claimed that by 2010 white people would be a minority in London. A 2011 census estimated that 60% of Londoners were white, down from 79% in 1991 and 71% in 2001. So yeah, the number of whites in London has decreased by about 10% every 10 years over the past 30 years, but that's to be expected in a major global commerce city like London during a time when international travel and globalistation has vastly increased. The rest of the country is a different story.

Last edited:
European countries are a somewhat different story because they have been receiving relatively large numbers of migrants in proportion to their relatively small populations, many of the migrants are 'new' in the sense that there is very little history of the integration of those groups into many of the European nations, and their culture is pretty different from 'Western' culture, and many are Muslim, and fairly 'devout' in that respect.
It’s true that many are Muslim, but I have to tell you something from my point of view, being myself an migrant from other background (coming from a catholic land and sharing more or less some of the ‘Western’ culture). When you arrive in a different country where the language is not yours, the first thing you try to do is, looking for people from your country or at least people who speak the same language, which was my case. When I met for the first time a group of compatriots, they told me: you must be careful because ALL Belgian and the European in general are racist, so I was afraid to have contact with locals..big mistake who took me a couple of years to realize that was NOT true.

My conclusion is, not only Muslims, but other groups are also ‘devout’ (like Joe said) to other things, in my case was the misinterpretation of the Belgian culture. Generalization (saying that ALL Belgian are racist) is a bad thing!
After almost 16 years living here I realize, It was up to me to adapt to the situation living in a new country with people who think, eat and act different than me.

But for example in this case Zizek completely missed the plot. Wonderful stupid naivety?! :umm: It's like there is total lack of understanding that these demonstrations are not organized by the kids, but in fact they are being used and manipulated. Not to mention his remark about Obama that he "gave a childish wonderful answer" when right wingers asked him why wouldn't he bomb Syria. Obama's answer was "Then why shouldn't we bomb Congo?"

I get what he means by "rediscovering children's innocence" and looking at facts, but seriously, I think that it is him, who exhibits a bit of stupid naivety. ;-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom