Wikileaks - Julian Assange Discussion

I think the problem is not to free him or to kill him, but to "reeducate him" or to "obvilionate him"

I think they want to use his arrest and punishment as an example to other journalists to not leak the "truth" about their crimes.

I doubt they entertain any hopes of "reeducating" him short of a lobotomy. They probably would not mind if the whole mess he has exposed would pass into oblivion though.

If they could kill him and get away with it I am sure they would/will. I have no doubt that torture is one of their favorite pastimes.

I think they want to use his arrest and punishment as an example to other journalists to not leak the "truth" about their crimes.

I doubt they entertain any hopes of "reeducating" him short of a lobotomy. They probably would not mind if the whole mess he has exposed would pass into oblivion though.

If they could kill him and get away with it I am sure they would/will. I have no doubt that torture is one of their favorite pastimes.
I does not explain well.
Some "reeducations" surpasses any torture form, geenbaum, for example.
A life sentence, with or without charges, mades the victim fall into obvilion. We all have fish memory.
To kill him is not an option. Thin about the uncharged US Guantanamo victims, the only place in Cuba human rights are severy damaged. In fact, the US perpetrators forcely feed they victims to avoid inconvinient deaths.

I does not explain well.
Some "reeducations" surpasses any torture form, geenbaum, for example.
A life sentence, with or without charges, mades the victim fall into obvilion. We all have fish memory.
To kill him is not an option. Thin about the uncharged US Guantanamo victims, the only place in Cuba human rights are severy damaged. In fact, the US perpetrators forcely feed they victims to avoid inconvinient deaths.

It is not impossible as you point out. I surely hope Julian does not meet such a hellish fate. He has gone though hell already.

It is not impossible as you point out. I surely hope Julian does not meet such a hellish fate. He has gone though hell already.

If Assange, his Lawyers and close ones are wise, they should do everything in their power to somehow get Assange (no matter how impossible it might seem at the moment) on russian territory (Ambassy for example) and let him apply for asylum there as Snowden did. Russia was the only country in the world that had the galls to take Snowden in and Putin made it very clear afterwards, again and again, that Russia will never hand out human right defenders/heroes.

I know it is practically impossible, but one can surely hope...

I absolutely agree. Every time I think about Assange, a bitter taste gets me, and the idea that the "occident way of life" has its days counted becomes cristal clear.
I've a backgroud feeling that this is not a bad thing, in the long term, but witnessing the victims, like Assange (or Kennedy, as many others) pay the price is not a nice thing.

U.S. extradition request for Julian Assange to be heard on Thursday
A request by the United States to extradite WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for one of the biggest ever leaks of classified information will be heard by a London court on Thursday.

“Julian Assange will be sentenced at Southwark Crown Court at 1030 tomorrow for ‘violating his bail conditions’ whilst seeking & obtaining political asylum,” WikiLeaks said.

“On Thursday at 10AM there will be a hearing in Westminster Magistrate Court on the US extradition request,” it said.

The U.S. Justice Department said Assange was charged with conspiring with former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning to gain access to a government computer as part of a 2010 leak by WikiLeaks of hundreds of thousands of U.S. military reports about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and American diplomatic communications.

I've noticed that the lawyer has corrected herself in the segment in the last post above as though she wasn't meant to say what she said when speaking about Assange deteriorating "medical condition". I could be wrong though. Almost sounds like he has something rather serious.

She says:

"We are very concerned about his health situation, his medical con.. his... his health has deteriorated significantly during the course of his confinement inside the embassy without access to medical treatment. And now that he is in the prison, he is effectively in his cell all the time by himself and he... I'm.. I'm.. concerned about his ongoing health problems as a result."

Hey SOTT crew,

I sent y'all two emails regarding a new article a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back - did you receive them? A week or two prior I migrated my email to my server outside Australia, so it's possible something technical happened, although it looks like the emails sent okay.

Thanks in advance!

Hey SOTT crew,

I sent y'all two emails regarding a new article a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back - did you receive them? A week or two prior I migrated my email to my server outside Australia, so it's possible something technical happened, although it looks like the emails sent okay.

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure where you should post your question but this thread does not seem to be maybe the best place for the "SOTT crew" to see it.

Maybe one of the other threads might be better for being seen like:

Happy Birthday Sott!

I am not sure where you should post your question but this thread does not seem to be maybe the best place for the "SOTT crew" to see it.

Maybe one of the other threads might be better for being seen like:

Happy Birthday Sott!
Hi goyacobol,

Not sure why you seem so upset that my post is 'not in its proper place', but your suggestion is certainly no better. The SOTT Crew monitor all the threads on this forum, so I figured it would be okay to post the question here even though it's not strictly 'on topic'. Apparently not. 🙄

Hi goyacobol,

Not sure why you seem so upset that my post is 'not in its proper place', but your suggestion is certainly no better. The SOTT Crew monitor all the threads on this forum, so I figured it would be okay to post the question here even though it's not strictly 'on topic'. Apparently not. 🙄

I don't think goyacobol was upset at all that you posted this here. His suggestion is actually a good one since this is a big forum and it isn't a given that every SOTT editor is always on top of (and aware of) everything that happens on every thread on this forum. We have a board that is specifically dedicated to SOTT-Article suggestions, in which you could try it as well.

Back
Top Bottom