Meaning of life?

You are more than welcome. And by the way, you are pretty articulate yourself. It's a gift you should use. :)

Dancing Duck and Ka, have you read The Wave and Amazing Grace where I share my own search for the answers to these questions? They are both free, online.

Laura said:
Dancing Duck and Ka, have you read The Wave and Amazing Grace where I share my own search for the answers to these questions? They are both free, online.

Dancing Duck and Ka,
They are both located on the Cassiopaea.org in the left hand column.

Hi Laura

I've read High Strangeness and Secret History… for which I blame entirely me getting into this! They're both brilliant books Laura - the tone of them is so refreshingly 'straight' with the focus on examining a 'truth' regardless of an agenda of feeling obliged to 'believe'.

I feel my own little personal journey of discovery has been swung into action by your writing and look forward to accepting knowledge and truth as the moments unfold. I will certainly get to reading those titles in particular over the weekend.

Thanks for opening this door Laura!

Owen.

dancing duck said:
Thanks for opening this door Laura!

Owen.

I would only add this: IF a person determines that the ONLY meaning to their life is to be a sort of cell in the great body of the living system in this immense universe, that there is no "great meaning" or value or purpose, that all is illusion, then it behooves that person to learn how to be whatever they are in the best way possible so as to channel creative energy/order into their personal life.

Remember, the only thing we can take with us when we leave this life - no matter whether it is a full stop or the beginning of another life - is the love and caring that others will feel for us as we depart, and that is based on what we have done for others. You never know when one small thing you have done for another, one small word or example, or whatever, might affect that person in such a way that they do or become something more significant and the influence you began with that word or deed spreads its influence across the system and through time. A single, simple act, can carry non-linear influences and affect someone or something a thousand years from now. Such acts can be simple kindnesses, sharing of information, refusal to be dominated by evil, whatever. So it seems to me that it IS worthwhile to act as though what you do in this moment can affect the fate of the Universe. That may be the only meaning our lives can ever have: that we can see and love the creative spirit and give ourselves to it without reservation.

Laura said:
... it IS worthwhile to act as though what you do in this moment can affect the fate of the Universe. That may be the only meaning our lives can ever have: that we can see and love the creative spirit and give ourselves to it without reservation.

In other words, just to add some more perspective to this point of view about the meaning of life :

On the basis that what we know of the Universe is a construction from our brains and that Time is an illusion, it seems highly probable that what we do in this moment can affect the future and the past (to some degree and condition).

Our mission may very well be"that we can see and love the creative spirit", and behave in harmony with the universal, divine intention of expansion toward Being...

FWIW

Laura said:

Hello, Laura:

I HAVE read Amazing Grace and the Wave series, and thankyou so much for doing the work and putting it out there for us!

The accounts of your life and learning have contributed much to how I see the world, and have helped me see some of the meanings in my own life. The obvious value of your works was definitely part of my thoughts when I spoke up in this thread.

We don’t all have such amazing adventures as you have had, but when we bring some of your spirit to the examination of our own lives, we may very well be astounded at what is revealed in them. And the astonishment can come from growth in the consciousness of the beholder.

I have gone from a position of “Why does misfortune always happen to me?” to “Wow, that was REALLY the grace of God—how did I get so lucky?” The reason for the change was that I SEE more, now. And it helps to have been in communication with other people who SEE things.

Thanks again, and always, Laura.

Thanks to Dancing Duck for putting this question!

And thanks to all of you who answered that question. Especially Lauras last statement touched me very much and I think I will keep that in heart and mind!

I have been thinking of an answer to that question, too - and I would like to add an advice that helps me sometimes:

Learning, Loving and Laughing - all three equal and not put in an order.

Especially laughing is sometimes very helpful (very often the best oppórtunity is your own behaviour ;) )

All the best and thanks again!

:lkj: :rotfl: :love:

:knitting:

Dancing Duck, did you mean 'what is the meaning of life?' in the sense of - why did all of this begin in the first place (i.e God immersing itself into this reality as individual consciousness's)? If so, that's a much more difficult question to answer, and I have no insight to offer.

I suppose at one level, it never really began, because it always has been ..... ties your brain in knots right lol.

To me life is a long and ardous journey of spiritual and self discovery. The process for growth of one's soul can be painstaking in which each hardship endured is something of a stepping stone. This journey of the higher self will never be accomplished without reflection so always be vigilant in journaling experiences. What would be the point of our lessons if we couldn't remember them? How we interpreted those difficult moments at the time they happened is crucial to the evolving consciousness.

Michael BC said:
Becoming responsible, taking action (such as being an active part of this forum), is a statement to the universe that you have intent to be in line with its purpose. Being in line with the purpose of the universe is a knights calling - that to my mind is the noblest and best of callings, and one worth living for.

A final thought; actively researching an area of life that particularly excites you is another way of finding purpose. As the C’s keep saying, learning is fun. It's stagnation and entropy you should fear. So what field really excites you? What aspect of what you have learned from the C’s do you want to know more about?

Very insightful! Taking responsible action in the world is the best of callings without a doubt. I especially enjoyed the "knights calling" part. Living to learn may be the greatest purpose of all, whether the subject is playing guitar or studying deep sea wildlife or cranking a wrench under the hood of your car - it all adds up to a great feeling of being equipped with knowledge - your armor in being the shining knight of our purposeful universe. There have to be limitless opportunities to discover something that you love to do. That's why it's always important to keep the learning fun. Hone your ability to see the creative aspects of life and allow your imagination to soar free... opening your mind to all possibilities.

"As long as humanity can imagine, dream, and hope, Fantasia is infinite" ~ The NeverEnding Story

Laura said:
IF a person determines that the ONLY meaning to their life is to be a sort of cell in the great body of the living system in this immense universe, that there is no "great meaning" or value or purpose, that all is illusion, then it behooves that person to learn how to be whatever they are in the best way possible so as to channel creative energy/order into their personal life.

It's a puzzle. The meaning of our lives on this giant spinning globe can only be what actions we take using the power of our intelligence. If our actions reverberate all over this planet and beyond, then I'd say we owe it to ourselves to summon the flow of creative activity and balance. I think if the culmination of our experiences have been good and honourable then it's something that will transcend time. I know when I leave this life one day I can say I was a part of something remarkable.

:)
. I think if the culmination of our experiences have been good and honourable then it's something that will transcend time. I know when I leave this life one day I can say I was a part of something remarkable.

And I second that, but with edits. My experiences on Earth have not been entirely "honourable", though they may have been enacted with both a "good" and "honorable" intent on my part, a statistically significant amount of it has come out pretty bad, and from what i have learned here and elsewhere, these may be "signs" of one sort or another. So I am working on collecting the signs while I gather the knowledge to read them , let alone correctly read them. I pray for wisdom , as knowledge is but predicate to the wise use of it.

This 'thing" , this "group', "forum" is one thing that is important to my own feeling of being part of something remarkable, but so is watching the first snow fall, as it did last night; of being as free as i can be under the suffocating slag of the frequency fence; of surviving this long, so as to best be close, with my lawn chair, to help, to watch what happens, and to make some things happen, as well.

The meaning of life is so prescient a topic, most days, that I find it before 10AM !... am just kidding you a little..MIRTH !!

i never knew what is was like to be unimportant, but now that i am, i highly recommend it. When i no longer needed a paper shredder, i knew i had hit the Mother Lode. Winks and empathy included with the humor, friend.

:cool2:

Ra (Law of One) says:

Questioner: A positively oriented entity may select a certain narrow path of
thinking and activities during an incarnation and program conditions that
would create physical pain if this were not followed. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

Questioner: Would a negatively oriented entity do anything like this?
Could you give me an example?

Ra: I am Ra. A negatively oriented individual mind/body/spirit complex
will ordinarily program for wealth, ease of existence, and the utmost
opportunity for power. Thus many negative entities burst with the physical
complex distortion you call health.

However, a negatively oriented entity may choose a painful condition in
order to improve the distortion toward the so-called negative emotive
mentations such as anger, hatred, and frustration. Such an entity may use
an entire incarnative experience honing a blunt edge of hatred or anger so
that it may polarize more towards the negative or separated pole.

Perhaps, some of us may have decided to dedicate a complete incarnation, just to have the opportunity to make a single "comment" in a certain "forum", to give the opportunity for "something" to happen.

Everything that happened in our life, to give the "opportunity" to a single event.

The C's spoke of a special group of "green berets" of "Jesus."

I would not be surprised if some soul were capable of such a huge sacrifice.

It's just something that has occurred to me and I wanted to share it.

Session 27 January 1996.

: (PZ) Well, how many damn lessons do you have to get?

A: As many "damn" lessons as you need!

Q: (S) What about the prayers that are directed to Jesus?

A: Jesus is one of us in "special service" sector.

Q: (L) Like a "green beret?"

A: No, more like a "beige beret."

Q: (L) What is a 'beige beret?'

A: Just our term.

Q: (PZ) Well, I have just always wondered if this praying business is a bunch of malarkey. (L) Oh, no. (PZ) If I pray a rosary, I am praying to the Virgin Mary. Who is she? Where is she?

A: "She" is here too.

Q: (PZ) Does that prayer go directly to her and does she then send you out to do whatever?

A: She is not really a she. And when you write to "Ann Landers," does she really see it? And Good night.

End of Session.

Back
Top Bottom