(CRW Am-EU) What temporary schedule is best for you?

• Sunday 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Saturdays 17:00-19:00 UTC (18:00-20:00 French time)

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
That's a great idea! I signed up for both workshops, though I don't know when / how often I can attend. It will depend on time, commitments and other things (in life and virtual) and whatever is going on. Also, as I am a slow reader I am not sure if or how I can keep up.

Reading / re-reading the Wave series again and other books would make quite an interesting adventure, as we would be looking with new eyes onto familiar contents - especially in light of what's going on right now. It would possibly make us see things in a way in which we weren't able to see/grasp them before.

As for the nervousness, taking part in (English) meetings has always been a challenge for me as well since I more or less consider myself not a good talker (I am better in writing than in talking). And there's the language barrier, which can be aggrevated when anxiety and a host of other blocking things are going on. But then again, it can depend on the amount of blockage (which is not the same everyday - or not being "felt" in the same amount everytime), on mood and on other things (stresses going on in one's life) - thus, sometimes things are working better, sometimes not. It seems to be the continuation of engagement (no matter what) and keeping on, which can help getting a hold on such things eventually - flexing the "soul muscles" (or whatever) against the "resistance" regarding those things "it" doesn't want! Easier said than done, though.

And time (getting the hang of things, practice articulating oneself, growing stronger in overcoming certain things) as well as familiarity (getting to know each other more, establishing trust and faith in one's own ability of self-work and potentials) can help overcome shyness, nervousness and the like too. (Though things may repeat themselves again, especially after a longer break on engaging.)

I love this idea! Normally, I despise video hangouts but with this Covid-19 madness I've been chatting/hanging out with friends a decent amount through Zoom and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

I also agree with the sentiment of others that whatever neuroses you may have about sharing in a reading hangout are likely trumped by the value of just being able to hangout with your fellow Cassiopeians!

I think I'll join the discussion too, throughout the years I've already read the entire Wave series twice

Yeah, me too. The second time was a much more intense experience. I think the first time I was not really taking my time and trying to get to the part that explained what this Wave is! That was on the website. I didn't even have a computer then. I was reading it on Web TV and by the time I read it the second time, it was published into volumes of books and I believe, more finely tuned with editing and maybe some additional sessions and materials. I was just starting my new journey in Tennessee and it was nothing short of a spiritual experience or an 'opening.' It had been like 8 or 9 years since the first reading. And now it's been about that long again. So I'm all for reading it a third time. Three's a charm!

When do we get started?

When do we get started?

Well, we already have 42 registered members for the workshop! :clap:The calculations are already being made and the final date will be shared here on Monday so that we can start right away :-D

If someone still wants to sign up, please feel free to do so.

PD: The spreadsheet was made to pick the better time but anyone can join at any moment after we start the workshop.

Last edited:
Thank you, logos5x5 for organizing the meeting, and it's nice to see many members from around the world are signing up!

The spread sheet is updated:

Here are the most requested time slots for Cassiopaea Forum Reading Workshops:
Saturdays: 17pm-20pm UTC
Sundays: 17pm-20pm UTC
Mondays: 11am-12pm UTC
Tuesdays: 1am-2am UTC / 11am-12pm UTC
Wednesdays: 1am-2am UTC / 15pm-17pm UTC
Thursdays: 1am-2am UTC
Fridays: 1am-2am UTC
*The above time slots have more than 6 requests.

@Turgon : I added the timetable, please double check and finalize the meeting time with @logos5x5 . Thank you.

Note: I think some people are confused with UTC/GMT, so I don’t think this timetable is very accurate. Next time, it would be probably better to have a column to add location of each members. In that way, we can make sure which time zones they are in. UTC is still confusing because: for example, Saturday 19pm means the same thing to everyone, but the actual time is different depending on the location of a member. ;-)

That's a terrific idea ! I read the series once, and the first two book twice, and as the brain is forgetting (without talking of using consciously) practically every thing we read or learn, it's a great thing to do. It's also a very good exercise to practice intuition and to put oneself into the shoes of others, especially for the "entitled" mind which believe "thinking is knowing/doing". I have a type mind that gives a difficult to balance importance to detail and I often miss the whole mosaic view, so working in group might be very fruitful in that way.

Some suggestions:
  • Join with a true Hunger for Truth.
  • Do not be afraid to share our questions, thoughts or ideas about the reading material, we all are at different levels of understanding for any given topic and that's totally fine! We are all here to learn. Your ideas can enrich the meeting and help all the participants.
  • Share considering the new members understanding.
  • Share quotes or fragments that you found interesting or useful.
  • Try to connect the new ideas and concepts with other sources of the recommended material.
  • Of course, it's highly recommended to read the scheduled chapters before the meeting, but if you didn't had time or something happened between the meetings, connect anyway, you will be able to catch up.

I have also a big identification to a shy persona "inside" and struggle to create "outside", so I might be just listening in the beginning (or not). But that's also a great way to practice external considering, as we do not know ourselves as we do with our family and closed one who know our "buttons" which put discussion into some unconscious repetitive cycles.

Thank you a lot for this offering, I signed up for both EE and the reading list, I wish I can add something even if it's microscopic.

Okay, just finished going through the spreadsheet and good job, @Aya!

Saturdays: 17pm-20pm UTC
Sundays: 17pm-20pm UTC
Mondays: 11am-12pm UTC
Tuesdays: 1am-2am UTC / 11am-12pm UTC
Wednesdays: 1am-2am UTC / 15pm-17pm UTC
Thursdays: 1am-2am UTC
Fridays: 1am-2am UTC

Yup, These look like the best times for everyone that's chosen time frames, and for everyone else it's pretty open. The only thing, there were a few people who put times down but didn't list a to-from. So they might have put available after 17:00 UTC, but don't say for how long afterwards. For example 17:00-19:00, 17:00-24:00 UTC, etc. Otherwise we can only make a guess. So can everyone please double check your coloured boxes to your names and if it doesn't reflect your availability, please go ahead and change it or let someone know here who can do it. Thanks!

I loved the idea, and put my name for both workshops!
Not sure if you are all aware, but free Zoom has a time limit of 40 min per meeting.
It can be circumscribed by merely setting up new meetings, but I think its something to keep in mind.
As an alternative, there is the app Jitsi meet. Never used it, though.

Not sure if you are all aware, but free Zoom has a time limit of 40 min per meeting.
Iron, are you sure?

On page Zoom Help Center (-https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Will-My-Meeting-Time-Out-#h_3bcda483-72be-4d8d-824e-044a9ace6755) says:

Meeting timeout at 40 minutes:
  • 1 host and 1 or more participants joined. Only one person remains in the meeting. The meeting will end 40 minutes later if no one else joins.

As for the nervousness, taking part in (English) meetings has always been a challenge for me as well since I more or less consider myself not a good talker (I am better in writing than in talking). And there's the language barrier, which can be aggrevated when anxiety and a host of other blocking things are going on. But then again, it can depend on the amount of blockage (which is not the same everyday - or not being "felt" in the same amount everytime), on mood and on other things (stresses going on in one's life) - thus, sometimes things are working better, sometimes not. It seems to be the continuation of engagement (no matter what) and keeping on, which can help getting a hold on such things eventually - flexing the "soul muscles" (or whatever) against the "resistance" regarding those things "it" doesn't want! Easier said than done, though.

And time (getting the hang of things, practice articulating oneself, growing stronger in overcoming certain things) as well as familiarity (getting to know each other more, establishing trust and faith in one's own ability of self-work and potentials) can help overcome shyness, nervousness and the like too. (Though things may repeat themselves again, especially after a longer break on engaging.)

You have raised some good points, Learner and I think we could take these into account. What would help overcome these blockages do you think? There must be all kinds of things we can do to make people feel less nervous, even in the beginning.

People who are feeling a bit apprehensive could start by sharing quotes that they found interesting, and prepare some notes beforehand if that makes them feel more confident. But sharing quotes by themselves would be perfectly fine I would imagine. What do others think?

Back
Top Bottom