That is the best I can do for you
I see a grey gloom on the horizon
That promises a powerful sun to rise
To melt away all moons
It will make the old fires of purification
Look like dying embers
Look like dying embers
Look like dying embers
I ran across this group by accident looking for something else a while back. Great costumes, but they have got to be hot! Interesting sound though- modern age Viking?

I ran across this group by accident looking for something else a while back. Great costumes, but they have got to be hot! Interesting sound though- modern age Viking?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I think it is a form of Nordic Shamanism, and this song's "War Chant" lyrics, after reading them over a few times back when I posted it originally, brought to mind the thought of "righteous anger" when faced with an enemy that wants to kill you, your family, and your people no matter what you say or do to ask them to stop. Although this "righteous anger" is I think inherently displayed in a more "pronounced" manner? Imagine an invading army going up against these guys! I think most would run back to their ships with their tails between their legs. Seems to me these types of people were much more acknowledging of their shadow selves within, as perhaps how Jordan Peterson talks about growing your monster within, learning to control it so it doesn't possess you, in order that you can become more virtuous and assertive rather than like a helpless passive prey/bunny. But yeah, I could easily imagine people with more "vivid power cells and centers" occasionally losing control of their shadow selves within and then becoming possessed by "it" into full out battles of "fire with fire". Here is another version that has mainly Lifa vocals, and perhaps a bit less "pronounced" events :-D

Maria Franz of Heilung - LIFA Vocals

I think it is a form of Nordic Shamanism...

Yes one wonders where meditating to this sort of thing might lead?

Personally I could listen to her for hours...

The female presence is even more crucial on Futha, like on the eerie chants of "Svanrand" or "Norupo" — the latter highlighted by the flutter of what sounds like an ancient recorder. The lyrics, too, are more feminine, mining the magic spells and blessings of old Icelandic poetry. "It's about giving it a feeling — that beautiful female voice reciting something that was recited maybe 1,000 years ago by females,"

This struck as close to bone...

...growing your monster within, learning to control it so it doesn't possess you...

:hug2:

Yes one wonders where meditating to this sort of thing might lead?

Well I think it would be subjective to the individual and what type of man/woman they are: physical, emotional, or intellectual by birth into this life cycle to start out without; but this is rough idea because I think in the Fourth Way, types change and are fluid in the path of Knowledge. Anyways, my 3D Being tends to like, or loosely speaking, resonates with only certain types of Shamanic music, which I have very recently been introduced to by accident, if you can call it that, in the just the past month. Oddly, this profoundly helped me release and redirect 'something', yes lets call it that, within, but I don't think it was solely due to the sounds of the chantful music alone, but subjective conglomeration of simultaneous thoughts as well. Anyways, this whole event of so called "resonating" with the sounds of the this particular Shamanic music below, very strangely lead me to crying involuntary in a very gut-wrenching manner, and yet it was cathartic at the same time:

AMAZING NATURE SOUNDS BY HUMAN VOICE! OLOX

So yeah, for whatever reason, this music above seemed to have some sort of release and balancing affect on me, and at first, I didn't even like the music that much to begin with and was very judgemental towards someone standing there making animal sounds, and then I started crying! But I have realized I have an affinity for it, but why, I don't know for sure. Now the C's have said this about Shamanism way back in 1994:

October 28, 1994

Frank, Laura, V_____
[...]
Q: (L) According to shamanistic teachings, one can have animal spirits or guides. Is this correct?

A: Partly. You have them if you believe you have them.

Q: (L) If believing in them makes it so, is this belief beneficial?

A: All belief is beneficial at some level.

Q: (L) Did Jesus of Nazareth believe in animal spirits or totems?

A: No.

Q: (L) Is it just New Age revival of superstition?

A: Shamanism is subjective and limits. Lizard inspired.

Q: (L) This book that is being promoted, M.A.P., what is the inspiration behind that book?

A: Not good.

Q: (L) Just for fun, If I had an animal spirit what would it be?

A: Peacock.

Q: (L) Frank?

A: Deer.

Q: (L) V__?

A: Cat.

Q: (L) Do the Cassiopaens have pets?

A: Not exactly.

Now even though it is said to be Lizard inspired by C's, I cannot deny the notion that some musical elements of Shamanistic music, particularly the chanting of Shaman women, have a seemingly "grounding" affect of re-directing the primal desires of the "Predator Mind" within towards more productive choices and actions, and hence are seemingly very helpful in the practice of "delayed gratification", well seemingly in my case anyways, and just for now, with however long "now" is going to be, I don't know.

As for the practice of taking hallucinogenic substances, I am personally against using them on myself, with the exception of melatonin that, as I understand it, is blocked from normal production by our pineal gland due to all the electromagnetic pollution around us coming from WiFi, Cellphones, Power line, etc., etc. and likely other things and nutritional reasons as well. I recall the C's saying this about it that sort of relates to this whole energy redirection business I am musing about, which I will end with this:

October 28, 1994

Frank, Laura, V_____
[...]
Q: (L) Why should we take the Melatonin?

A: Is mild hallucinogen.

Q: (L) Why do we need this?

A: Keeps exercising psychic abilities and opens paths. Don't be alarmed by vividly erotic dreams.

Q: (L) Should we expect to have vividly erotic dreams?

A: Possible as psyche passes through levels on ascension.

So anyways, sharing this publicly is uncomfortable for me, and I almost didn't want to post a reply, but it is good practice feeling uncomfortable sometimes. Thank you for your thoughts and :hug2: as well. 😊

Oddly, this profoundly helped me release and redirect 'something', yes lets call it that, within, but I don't think it was solely due to the sounds of the chantful music alone, but subjective conglomeration of simultaneous thoughts as well. Anyways, this whole event of so called "resonating" with the sounds of the this particular Shamanic music below, very strangely lead me to crying involuntary in a very gut-wrenching manner and yet it was cathartic at the same time.

Congratulations, very glad to hear that.

So anyways, sharing this publicly is uncomfortable for me, and I almost didn't want to post a reply...

Thank you for the thoughtful and relatable comments, in addition to the music, but yes probably all a little bit deep for a music thread :-)

As for the practice of taking hallucinogenic substances, I am personally against using them on myself...

Agreed, have a hard enough time pretending to keep my shit together as it is...

Listening to this:

Peter Gabriel, with Stuart Copeland of the Police on drums, circa 1982.

Heavy drums, with some Balinese ketjak.

This song destroyed the Magnaplanar speakers I owned at the time, but it was a glorious death!!

This is a great song to play if you want to meet your neighbors...

"Here comes the shame."

Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, push it down
I'm the one "for a good time call"
Phone's blowin' up, they're ringin' my doorbell
I feel the love, feel the love
One, two, three, one, two, three, drink
Throw em back, till I lose count
I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier