RIP Robin Williams

Cet être me manque beaucoup, je l'appréciais vraiment... Cette perte est trop triste...

This being I miss a lot, I really appreciated ... This loss is too sad ...

He was a joy and people like robin don't come around often. I remember as a child watching Mork and mindy. He was in films that I connected to at important stages of my life such as patch Adams and what dreams may come. He seemed to be able to play any role and boy he had real humour and IMO a humble star. Gone but not forgotten.

What people get wrong about Robin Williams’ life — and his death
Full transcript: NYT reporter and ‘Robin’ author Dave Itzkoff on Recode Media
May 25, 2018, 11:49am ED
Itzkoff’s new book is “Robin: The Definitive Biography of Robin Williams.”
On this episode of Recode Media with Peter Kafka, New York Times reporter Dave Itzkoff talks about his new book, “Robin: The Definitive Biography of Robin Williams.” Itzkoff traces the history of the manic comedian and actor and asserts that Williams’s reasons for taking his own life were more complicated than many assumed.

What people get wrong about Robin Williams’ life — and his death / 48:29

You can read some highlights from the interview here or listen to Recode Media or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Below, you’ll also find a lightly edited transcript of the full episode. (Link For Transcript)

614384483b3945f534d9b66ebdcdcc13--chain-mail-virginia.jpg

Picture Source

Trailer examines Williams final stages of life with Parkinson's disease. Though later an autopsy would reveal the condition of "diffuse Lewy body disease"

In March 2009, he was hospitalized due to heart problems. He postponed his one-man tour for surgery to replace his aortic valve,[157] repair his mitral valve, and correct his irregular heartbeat.[158] The surgery was completed on March 13, 2009, at the Cleveland Clinic.[159]

His publicist, Mara Buxbaum, commented that he was suffering from severe depression before his death.[160] His wife, Susan Schneider, said that in the period before his death, Williams had been sober, but was diagnosed with early stage Parkinson's disease, which was information he was "not yet ready to share publicly".[161][162] An autopsy revealed that Williams had diffuse Lewy body dementia, which had been diagnosed as Parkinson's. This may have contributed to his depression.[161][163][164]

In an essay published in the journal Neurology two years after his death, Schneider revealed that the pathology of Lewy body disease in Williams was described by several doctors as among the worst pathologies they had seen. She described the early symptoms of his disease as beginning in October 2013. Williams' initial condition included a sudden and prolonged spike in fear and anxiety, stress and insomnia; which worsened in severity to include memory loss, paranoia, and delusions. According to Schneider, "Robin was losing his mind and he was aware of it ... He kept saying, 'I just want to reboot my brain.'"[14]

Robin's Wish | Official Trailer

Robin Williams is really missed these days. I can only echo what's been said in other posts above, he was a man of great warmth and empathy in his performances. I look back on Dead Poet's Society and The Fisher King as two particularly good films, though there were countless others I could mention too, but those two stand out for me. The fact that we live in a society where scum bags are sauntering about in rude health while powerful empaths like Robin Williams have died is a sad reflection on our world and the direction it is taking. He was really unlucky by the end, a perfect storm of illness and anxiety, and his loss is ours too by connection. I'd like to think he's now chilling out on 5d with the likes of Marlon Brando, Richard Pryor, Gene Wilder and George Carlin. Oh to listen in on the likes of them!

He was a superb actor and comedian, I love his work.

Yes he was brilliant. :)
I am often posting this quote of his:
“The problem is, God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time.”

LOL!:-D It's a threefold problem in my view. You've got your brain, your sex drive, and then you have your heart which has to discern what you're going to do. So three nodal points in the body which have to be fine tuned (and cleaned, naturally. All of them.)

Hi Shubh, thank you for your post.

We ask all new members to introduce themselves on the Newbie's board so we can get to know them a little better. You don't have to post anything really personal; just a bit about yourself, how you found the forum, if you've read any of Laura Knight-Jadczyk's books or articles. If you are unsure of what to post, you can read a few of the other introductions there to get an idea. Thank you. :-)

T&H - Inspiration & Motivation
A touching and powerful speech from actor and comedian Robin Williams (1951 - 2014) on the meaning of life. A moment to remember his little spark of madness. “I try to make sense of things. Which is why, I guess, I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.” - Robin Williams Speaker: Robin Williams (1951 - 2014) Learn more: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000245/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_W... Speech: Various speeches, interviews and clips from the life of Robin Williams

Back
Top Bottom