The meaning of life.

Exactly. These small gestures can be very powerful and cost us nothing.

And this is how random guys sometimes save the world. Thanks, guy! You have no idea how much good you've done in 5 seconds!

Imagine the butterfly effect of that one moment... it's still continuing and affecting many people.
Huge...

This is a most important Post.

Thanks to those who "opened" their hearts and to those who saw the relationships between the points.

There is no small gesture.

"Perfect".:clap:

Hey, I just wanted to tell you - you have the most beautiful eyes I ever saw!" And he smiled at me like a little boy, wide smile full of heart! And then just walked away

Sounds like you had someone watching over you!

Imagine the butterfly effect of that one moment... it's still continuing and affecting many people.

It really puts things into perspective. Gives even the smallest actions a deeper purpose/meaning. And like wandering star said

There is no small gesture.

We find ourself with a broader outlook. The reduction of our actions to 'just a small gesture' has limited our ability to see our own effect on the world. Theres nothing small about it when you think about it.

However, critical analysis becomes useful (in my experience) to check our thinking. Robust ideas fare well when we put them through rigorous testing in the real world and in complex situations.

Ive found it to be highly useful. I still find myself on occasion reverting to a more primitive (emotional) thought process but, i eventually see sense and rationalize properly. Theres been a few occasions in the past year where being able to be logical/rational has helped me greatly, whereas ten years ago i might not have fared so well.

Ive found it to be highly useful. I still find myself on occasion reverting to a more primitive (emotional) thought process but, i eventually see sense and rationalize properly. Theres been a few occasions in the past year where being able to be logical/rational has helped me greatly, whereas ten years ago i might not have fared so well.
It’s interesting isn’t it, how useful a rational mind is. Particularly if we use it bravely!

When we open ourselves to life, no matter the hardship, if we accept the challenge no matter the pain - God, the Universe can then act through us and do some Good, whether we are aware of the full chain of the events of our deeds or not. If we contract, retrieve from life, same rules apply only for spreading the dark, evil.
It’s helpful to keep reminding myself of this!

Back
Top Bottom