Intellect and Emotion - Two different people within me - What you want is on the other side of the lesson

Menna

The Living Force
Hi Forum,

Recently I have been presented with an opportunity and it is somethng that I want to pursue that I believe will help me accomplish my 6-7 year goal that I have been after. In noticing this opportunity logically I know that it is something to pursue but when it comes down to taking action with my whole body I notice my emotions paralysing my body into inaction. It is like there are two people within me the intellect a fully grown adult and the emotion a little child.

During this paralizing inaction emotion my intellect says there is no use or reason for this emotion. From the work I understand that it is important in this time to notice the emotion sit with it and be kind to yourself so as to let it pass or lesson its hold on you time after time. I just thought it was very interesting to see the duality in my intellectual center and my emotional center. Almost like the intellect is a 50 yr old adult and the emotion is a 10 year old child.

G was right people do not want to give up their suffering even if they arent aware of it and it is possible for one to sobitage themselves and hold back from success. I feel that this emotion is a mix of feelings and not just one thing.

I also have discovered the 3D lesson dynamic as....1) Yuu want something so you go to it 2) this somethng provides a dynamic that provides a lesson waiting there for you 3) After this lesson you get what you want even if it is just peace

Last edited:
Hi Forum,

Recently I have been presented with an opportunity and it is somethng that I want to pursue that I believe will help me accomplish my 6-7 year goal that I have been after. In noticing this opportunity logically I know that it is something to pursue but when it comes down to taking action with my whole body I notice my emotions paralysing my body into inaction. It is like there are two people within me the intellect a fully grown adult and the emotion a little child.

During this paralizing inaction emotion my intellect says there is no use or reason for this emotion. From the work I understand that it is important in this time to notice the emotion sit with it and be kind to yourself so as to let it pass or lesson its hold on you time after time. I just thought it was very interesting to see the duality in my intellectual center and my emotional center. Almost like the intellect is a 50 yr old adult and the emotion is a 10 year old child.

G was right people do not want to give up their suffering even if they arent aware of it and it is possible for one to sobitage themselves and hold back from success. I feel that this emotion is a mix of feelings and not just one thing.

I also have discovered the 3D lesson dynamic as....1) Yuu want something so you go to it 2) this somethng provides a dynamic that provides a lesson waiting there for you 3) After this lesson you get what you want even if it is just peace
I have read your post. But with what exactly you are dealing with actually. I am not here to measure the level of your emotional center. I wonder if there is some kind of aim or issue that you need assistance with, specifically. Can you formulate your aim in order for me and others will give you assistance?

Hi Menna,

without much specifics it’s difficult to provide specific feedback. On a general note, I’d say we’re all afraid to one extent or another about the uncertainty of taking risks. The possibility of failure and loss are immense and so there will always be a part of us that rationalizes the situation as “not worth it”, that will see it as not worth the risk and security and safety are it’s priority and so keeping things the way they are is better.

But that’s where courage comes in, it’s not to act without fear, it’s to act despite it. From what you describe the situation sounds like a fork in the road and your life could change from it, so weighing the pros and cons and making the leap if you think it’s worth it after a risk assessment, is the best advice I’ve got for you right now.

Another thing that occurred to me was that, you’re onto something when you say that you’ve noticed how different parts of your being have developed at different rates, and I think this is more common than we realize. Grown adults with child minds or child hearts so to speak, is very common and this could be originated in where your emotional state is “stuck”.

An event might have occurred that caused a strong enough trauma or habit at a younger age, and you haven’t worked through it, and so your emotional state remained there.

Just a few thoughts.

Its just a general realization that I thought I would share. I started business endevors back in 2014 and with recent developments I believe this new opportunity will bring me to my goal. When I think about the opportunity I am excited and I think it will bring me closer to my goal. When it is time for me to act to go through the work to get starting in this endevor an emotion pops up that almost paralyses me into inaction and I think I can do what I needto do later. I don't think this emotion is useful so I am observing it and taking things slow.

It was a obviously duality in my so I shared.

Another thing that occurred to me was that, you’re onto something when you say that you’ve noticed how different parts of your being have developed at different rates, and I think this is more common than we realize. Grown adults with child minds or child hearts so to speak, is very common and this could be originated in where your emotional state is “stuck”.

Yes I think my intellect is "ahead" of my emotional. I need to let my being catch up with knowledge (I believe is the term)

Its just a general realization that I thought I would share. I started business endevors back in 2014 and with recent developments I believe this new opportunity will bring me to my goal. When I think about the opportunity I am excited and I think it will bring me closer to my goal. When it is time for me to act to go through the work to get starting in this endevor an emotion pops up that almost paralyses me into inaction and I think I can do what I needto do later. I don't think this emotion is useful so I am observing it and taking things slow.

It was a obviously duality in my so I shared.

Thanks,

I personally would be careful about dismissing it entirely, or I guess it depends on how you define useful. The way I think about it is that some of these emotional reactions are like pain, and one might think that because pain has the ability to stop you from doing what you need or want, that it's not useful. But another way to look at it is that it has the ability to let you know that there's something there that could perhaps use some attention.

I feel that in order to work through it, you need to know it's there first and then you need to know what "it" is.

I am not sure I'd call it duality in this instance , eventhough it IS , in G. system, It seems like disconnection between two aspects. I think instead of being contradictory and/or discarding one or the other as useless, the idea is to bring some sort of harmony, consolidation, and integration. Not separation.

From my experience i know i can be thousand's of dualities. Only one is real deep down inside, after when i read a stories about doppelganger who wants to kill and i lived and happends to me.
We are the amalgamation of all events that's why maybe you have that feeling...

Have you been following the New title: Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work thread by any chance, Menna? I think you could benefit from reading some romantic novels. Laura wrote the following:

So, it seems that it might be possible to assist in altering reality by undertaking activities that remove fear, intimidation, inhibition and even entering into such realities via positive dissociation. These books, with all the qualities I’ve described above, appear to be a darn good way to do that. It’s not “heavy” literature, but entertainment of a very specific sort that engages emotions and depicts very positive role models and behaviors.

Hi Menna

I think if you want further and more useful input, it would be better if you could give more information. The reason forum feedback works so well is because our own interpretation of a situation can be wrong, and the forum is good at showing us where we are making errors in our understanding.

But, I have been in situations in the past that felt similar to what you are describing, and one theory about these kinds of paralysing emotions is that if we acted on what we are thinking of doing, our parents would have been unhappy about it. It would have threatened their ideas of what was possible for them to achieve, or it would have threatened their image of us that they had created, or maybe they would have simply disapproved. Whatever it was about the thing we wanted to do, the outcome would be that they rejected us in some way; they would dislike us for doing it.

If we had parents who were insecure about our achievements or felt threatened by them, then now as adults, we might be presented with opportunities to be successful in something, but we may not feel like we deserve to be successful. That we should not dare to shine. That we should not try to be better. That we should not progress from where we are to something or somewhere new.

So maybe it’s a subconscious fear of parental rejection for showing independence and competence. But it could be that there is something about this endeavour that is actually risky, and you’re correct to be cautious about pursuing it. Either way, it would probably be a good idea to consider all possibilities about these paralysing emotions with an open mind.

Hi Menna,

I think emotions develop in a similar way to the intellect.

My understanding is that since our emotions are our connection to the multidimensional reality (which atm I take to mean that our emotions are the mechanism by which we manifest reality in a quantum mechanical sense,) 4DSTS condition us at an early age to suppress and repress sadness, anger, frustration etc.

Because we shut out these emotions, our emotional center doesn't develop, and gets stuck at the stage of a child.

My suggestion (for you to consider) is that you forget about the new opportunity for a moment or two and experience the paralyzing emotion as deeply as possible, without fighting it.

If it is a repressed emotion from your childhood then I think the emotion will pass and your emotional center will be able to continue developing in that specific direction.

Thank you for the replies. When pondering what I wrotequote “knowledge catch up to being” I think the word catch up create a separation when thinking about the subject. I believe the intellectual center and the emotional center can work together like a dance to get to where they are to be

Thank you for the replies. When pondering what I wrotequote “knowledge catch up to being” I think the word catch up create a separation when thinking about the subject. I believe the intellectual center and the emotional center can work together like a dance to get to where they are to be
You probably have watched that Matrix movie series. Notice that there is an underline difference between Mind and Body. Of course, it doesn't apply to all the issues, because we can say about centers, chakras, systems etc. all of these expand our understanding of the human being, however, regard practical reasons it is often enough.

So, I would like to be short and specific as possible. Often the error is to allow for emotions and various automatic "though" patterns are written in the subconsciousness (it will be our Body) to lead the consciousness (Mind), nothing new... The way to deal with it is to ignore those emotions and automatic thoughts, by as far as it is possible to focus on the Mind and what JUST NOW happens in the mind and treat it very simple and practical: if some thoughts do not suit you just remove them if you want something new just start thinking processes WITHOUT CARE about the "noise" from all of this automatism because every of your focus on them makes them more FEEL by you.

You can start to change your narration like you would change your CD in your head, click and click. If it has to be efficient you have to be engaged to the level that you start dissociate on these new thoughts that you put to your mind to the level that you start forgetting that what has in yourself before. After that, as Mind is connected to the Body the way that the body is some kind of enhancement of experience and feeling that you could otherwise do not experience (at the level of mind only), so anyway the new emotions come to you, just because of this connection and the way it was designed. For me it works, so maybe you try too.

I think a big part of the emotion that held me back was the feeling of being let down or disappointment in the opportunity. I have had this emotion before and it is tiring.

I think a big part of the emotion that held me back was the feeling of being let down or disappointment in the opportunity. I have had this emotion before and it is tiring.
Perhaps what you are referring to is regret? If so then, welcome to the club! It's not something that we can consciously do anything about, once the opportunity has passed, and so the mind falls into a regretful phase where the sense of loss is felt. However the Stoics have said that whatever is in our control is what we can affect at any time, and what's not in our control such as things that have already been placed in our "past", we can't hope to change. So, why not use our talents and creative energy on things which we can change, starting with ourselves, and step-by-step, the world at large, if anything can be changed in that area.

I found a video featuring Jordan Peterson's talk about how to deal with mistakes that make us fall and how to compassionately pick ourselves up. We can review where exactly we went wrong in the whole chain of events that led up to the mistake and learn from that, then CHOOSE to do better. Journaling about it would be a great way of working through this as well. Minimum necessary force is a concept which would help as it is a constructive and compassionate way of picking out all the details of our actions and SEEING more clearly ourselves and the decisions (or non-decisions) that took place. That then will make it so that we are more aware the next time something similar happens in the future.

I think at some level we know where our lessons lie and we can be our harshest critics a lot of the time. Fear is a good motivator for pushing us back on track towards our goals and also to just deal with the responsibilities in our daily lives. I'm also learning now to practice Stephen Covey's 1st rule from 7 habits of highly effective people which is Being Proactive, i.e. not letting our mechanical responses rule over us and using our self-awareness, independent will, imagination and conscience to determine what our response will be to the next stimulus that presents itself that could lead us off our path or pendulum.

Back
Top Bottom