There is no revenge in the work

Menna

The Living Force
I came to the realization I’d say last month that revenge (going back) is like climbing down rungs on the ladder of knowledge/development/being/the work.

to elaborate. I feel to learn a lesson you fully realize that you do not want to be part of the situation/dynamic that the lesson came from. To seek revenge/even to think about it brings one back into involvement in to that lessons dynamic.

Once one truly knows about a lesson and moves past it the thought or feeling of revenge is a futile vibration as one will be going back to the 3rd grade after completing the fourth so to say.

Unfortunately some lessons are learned through taking a “loss” at least in my experience this is how I have learned and the result of situations. I have a goal I act in life to achieve that goal I take a loss Meaning result is farther from goal and I learn.... Causing me to realize that if I go through the steps of revenge in my intellectual center I will be chancing the “loss” again I will be flirting with a situation/dynamic that I have graduated from and is toxic to my new being. I will be going backwards almost like if I wrote a 10 page essay and I purposely choose not to hit save. All the time and effort won’t be saved It’s a threshold that I can’t bring my being to cross when thinking about the work and life.

Hi Menna, were there any experiences or episodes in particular that triggered some of these realizations? Acting out of revenge is definitely a bad idea, and anything serious enough to morally require some kind of reprisal, in a civilized world, would be illegal to begin with anyway, or at least one would hope. If it's not serious enough to be made illegal then it's likely that wounded ego is the primary driver.

I understand you Menna, It’s like even if you are only taking revenge mentally like if you take something someone said personally and subconsciously act different towards them then this is a form of revenge and it pulls you back into an unhealthy dynamic. This happens to me often but I am becoming much more aware of it and getting some control over it. Thank you for reminding me with your post.

I came to the realization I’d say last month that revenge (going back) is like climbing down rungs on the ladder of knowledge/development/being/the work.
It is true in general. Matrix works in so many subtle ways we can easily make mistakes while thinking otherwise. As whitecoast mentioned, you may want to write it down, if it is safe.

Thank you for opening this thread, Menna.

I think that in our 3rd density world, situations that promote the sensation of wanting to get revenge or to "get even" with someone that has hurt you is very common. We also see the promotion of revenge as a solution to fix situations from the entertainment industry through series, movies, and books ofcourse. Why is it so fascinating to see the bad guys get what they deserve? Movies like "Braveheart" and "Man on fire" always provoke deep emotions in me when I see them. I have tried to analyze what those movies touch in me and why I enjoy so much to see those who have committed awful things get punished.

When it comes to real-life I also have moments when I want to get revenge on some people that I feel have done me wrong. It took me some time to be able to observe these emotions when they arise. They seem to come when I'm driving and driving through specific areas which I find quite strange. So far I have concluded that I have to work on my perspective. Either the people with who I have had serious issues are connected to karmic things, or I have to grow my faith in the Universe that things will balance out and that it is not my job to "play God".

Anyway, revenge is a fascinating thing that I'm sure most of us can relate to in varying degrees.

Take care :)

I would agree revenge is a bad idea and certainly draws you into a situation of negative polarity.

But what about the enjoyment in seeing justice being served by the person's actions (karma) catching up with them?

I'm not a vengeful person but I do struggle with enjoying watching the downfall of my "enemies".

I think that’s a good realisation. I think kind of ties in with Casteneda’s teaching that our past experiences can leave us with holes in our energy fields, like ongoing drains that we can only fix through recapitulation. It stands to reason that if we revisit past experiences with the wrong attitude, then as well as not fixing those holes, we might even end up re-opening holes that we already fixed.

When you say that taking a loss leaves you further away from your goal, I don’t think that’s true if you’re really learning from it. Because the loss itself is a necessary part of getting closer to your goal, meaning that unless you went through this loss, you would probably never end up reaching your goal.

But that all relies on the idea that ultimately your goal is to learn.

to elaborate. I feel to learn a lesson you fully realize that you do not want to be part of the situation/dynamic that the lesson came from. To seek revenge/even to think about it brings one back into involvement in to that lessons dynamic.

Once one truly knows about a lesson and moves past it the thought or feeling of revenge is a futile vibration as one will be going back to the 3rd grade after completing the fourth so to say.

Unfortunately some lessons are learned through taking a “loss” at least in my experience this is how I have learned and the result of situations. I have a goal I act in life to achieve that goal I take a loss Meaning result is farther from goal and I learn.... Causing me to realize that if I go through the steps of revenge in my intellectual center I will be chancing the “loss” again I will be going backwards almost like if I wrote a 10 page essay and I purposely choose not to hit save. It’s a threshold that I can’t bring my being to cross when thinking about the work and life.
I would agree revenge is a bad idea and certainly draws you into a situation of negative polarity.

But what about the enjoyment in seeing justice being served by the person's actions (karma) catching up with them?

I'm not a vengeful person but I do struggle with enjoying watching the downfall of my "enemies".
To see this justice you would have to be involved with this person if not in daily interaction through proximity. Unless of course you see from a far or hear word of mouth.

it’s very subtle what I am getting at here. Enjoy and watching and justice served makes me feel like you would be waiting and looking/thinking about something negative. This is subtle and you might feel is not a big deal but these thought patterns spiral you into a state of being that is of STS and negative vibration.

I think the best thing to do is just not be involved through physical/mental. Tough to do when personal negatively affected your health or money or family. But you have to decide what’s important to you.

Hi Menna, I didn't quite understand what this was about when I first read it when you opened this thread. Possibly because of my translation. But now with the answers I have understood it. :whistle:

Is it really revenge that is at stake? Or rather a feeling that arises from an unfulfilled expectation? I think often it is the expectations that put stumbling blocks in our way. I think it's quite normal to have these thoughts, because we are 3 Ds. It probably just depends on how we deal with them and whether we pursue them. But of course it is also important to recognise it first. Why did I act or think like that?

That could possibly be a way out of the trap. But I think it also depends on the topic and how much it touches us emotionally and how profound it is for us. The best way to practise this is with "smaller" topics. I can only recommend it, you learn a lot about yourself.

Quand quelqu'un me blesse et/ou me fait du mal, j'ai pris l'habitude depuis de longues années de dire "Je remets cela dans les mains du Divin Esprit Cosmique, que Dieu le bénisse"... Ainsi je suis détachée des faits et ne me rend pas malade avec la vengeance, cela ne m'appartient plus...

When someone hurts me and/or hurts me, I have been in the habit for many years of saying, "I put this into the hands of the Divine Cosmic Spirit, God bless him" . Thus I am detached from the facts and do not make me sick with revenge, it no longer belongs to me...

Is it really revenge that is at stake? Or rather a feeling that arises from an unfulfilled expectation? I think often it is the expectations that put stumbling blocks in our way.
Expectations? I am talking about when someone takes something from you or does something physically to you or purposely lies to you or alters your life in a negative way. Expectations = to your own fault not the conversation here but I welcome all types of conversations.

Expectations? I am talking about when someone takes something from you or does something physically to you or purposely lies to you or alters your life in a negative way. Expectations = to your own fault not the conversation here but I welcome all types of conversations.

The thing is Menna, all anger comes from the perceived violation of implicit or explicit social expectations. Many things can take things from you or do things to you - for example lightning can take your life or your property, tigers can eat you, rats will chew through and clean out your pantry. But all things have their own natures and you're not in a "society" with them. You do not get angry at these things, and if you did there would be something very wrong with your thinking. Joe's thread about anger talks a lot about this, IMO, as does the thread about criminal thinking (at least with regard to how criminals are angry very often because they have extremely unrealistic expectations of what they deserve from others).

I have been harmed both physically and psychologically a number of times in my life. I still remember my thoughts of revenge and the feeling that came with it. This was when I was younger. And those thoughts of vengeance kept me in a negative loop. I've never really taken revenge on anyone. However, it was interesting for me to observe that the lives of all these people were not positive. It gave me a kind of confidence that there is some form of deep justice after all.

Like others I've been there, wanting revenge for wrong doings done to me. Poor me got hurt by an others actions or words, my ego reacts, self importance rears its head. I ask myself, what good will taking revenge bring?? Who am I hurting them or me?? Do I want to move on or stay stuck in the past?? People hurt others because they themselves are hurting, life goes on, let karma do its work and carry on. I've learned and still am, depends on the person and situation, to not take things that people say or do to heart, good or bad. Today your a good person tomorrow your a bad person today someone is nice to you, gives compliments you feel good, tomorrow someone says not so good things or does something that hurts you, now your sad or mad or whatever. I try to take a stoic view, I can only control my reactions, others can do what they like, their are times to stand your ground and times to just leave it alone, its not worth the energy.

To see this justice you would have to be involved with this person if not in daily interaction through proximity. Unless of course you see from a far or hear word of mouth.

it’s very subtle what I am getting at here. Enjoy and watching and justice served makes me feel like you would be waiting and looking/thinking about something negative. This is subtle and you might feel is not a big deal but these thought patterns spiral you into a state of being that is of STS and negative vibration.

I think the best thing to do is just not be involved through physical/mental. Tough to do when personal negatively affected your health or money or family. But you have to decide what’s important to you.
I agree Menna. Revenge can take on many forms and much of the time it's very subtle, especially when one is aware where it originates from. Enjoying the suffering of others, even if they happen to deserve it, constitutes in part, an act of judgement, which is STS.

It is also a weakness that STS can exploit that can cause further divisiveness and compartmentalization. If one cannot control these feelings, they can beam you and amplify these feelings in situations where it could have nasty consequences.

Back
Top Bottom