Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

The following of what looks like an unusual atmospheric light phenomena appeared on my FB feed. It doesn't look like a camera warping issue, nor photoshop, it looks natural to me, and there are other phenomena that show similar kinds of effects (some examples linked below). I present it here for consideration:

(picture posted below for posterity should the FB post be deleted)
1608888975762.png

Rare green flash sunset photographed flickering into even rarer blue in Norway

Sunlight drips through clouds and strange arc of dotted light spotted in sky at Missouri River (PHOTOS)

Magical 'light pillar' phenomenon photographed across Russian skies

The following of what looks like an unusual atmospheric light phenomena appeared on my FB feed. It doesn't look like a camera warping issue, nor photoshop, it looks natural to me, and there are other phenomena that show similar kinds of effects (some examples linked below). I present it here for consideration:

There is a wiki entry for the phenomenon called "light pillar", and it has similar pictures. But nothing as intense as this one. Pity that we don't see all of it, and it hides behind the building.

A large luminous UFO flew near the Moon
An amateur astronomer was taking evening pictures of the Moon with a Nikon P900 on December 20, 2020 at 4:42 p.m. when a large UFO appeared on the left side with its shape clearly visible and a bright glow at its front.

The UFO crossed the moon and disappeared into space.
A very interesting video was sent in by an eyewitness from the U.S. state of Utah. He launched a private drone to take pictures of the scenery, but when watching the video, he discovered that the camera recorded the flight of an incredibly fast UFO.

This video is especially interesting and valuable because thanks to the camera shooting video in good resolution, we can see how the object at first flies slowly, then pauses and changes the flight path by 90 degrees while immediately from the ground developing incredible speed and in addition makes a change in the position of the body in flight

They actually speak the Swiss dialect. Unfortunately, no English content but very recommended as it is a legitimate hobbyist UFO research group. Their Christmas talk (2.5 h) was very good this year.

Try out the auto-translate feature for subtitles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.40.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.40.16 AM.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 13
On December 26, 2020 (at 20.45) in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China, local residents witnessed very strange events. At first an object appeared that looked like a rocket launch, but then this "rocket" was surrounded by smaller UFOs.

Then one of them quickly approached the "rocket" and emitted bright flashes of light, then flew directly near the "rising rocket" and after a few seconds this "rocket" exploded.

This explosion was accompanied by such visual manifestations that it is difficult even to describe. The "rocket" separated into two objects after the explosion. One went higher, and the second began to emit some wave flashes.

Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 08.21.29.jpg
Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 08.21.45.jpg
Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 08.22.00.jpg

They actually speak the Swiss dialect. Unfortunately, no English content but very recommended as it is a legitimate hobbyist UFO research group. Their Christmas talk (2.5 h) was very good this year.

Try out the auto-translate feature for subtitles.
I did and there is not an English subtitle selection for this video, at least on my IPhone.

On December 26, 2020 (at 20.45) in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China, local residents witnessed very strange events. At first an object appeared that looked like a rocket launch, but then this "rocket" was surrounded by smaller UFOs.

Then one of them quickly approached the "rocket" and emitted bright flashes of light, then flew directly near the "rising rocket" and after a few seconds this "rocket" exploded.

This explosion was accompanied by such visual manifestations that it is difficult even to describe. The "rocket" separated into two objects after the explosion. One went higher, and the second began to emit some wave flashes.

View attachment 41121
View attachment 41122
View attachment 41123

This is a good example of disinformation on the internet that, unfortunately, sometimes gets repeated here.

Those are images and video of Space X's recent Falcon 9 rocket launch from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. Stage 2 separated and headed to orbit, stage 1 turned around, and headed back to land. Large plumes are expanded exhaust gas. Rhythmic pulses are the reaction control system (just nitrogen gas) steering it. Plumes are all backlit by the sun.

Last edited:
I apologize for post #220.That is indeed misinformation.I will be more careful next time.Found the original of this launch.Sorry again!Thanks for reminding me that there is a lot of misinformation on the internet.

SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Launch from Vandenberg AFB ~ 10-7-18​

8 Oct. 2018 г.

So the following is probably closely tied to the recent meteorite fall in China, but I am sharing about it here, because other cases of "glowing in the sky" were posted in this thread as well.

Mysterious Pink glowing seen in sky after huge fireball crashes near town in China.

Nearby residents in Tibet said the lights are floating in the air like a cloud for nearly 40 minutes and it appeared just 12 hours after a bolide flew past a nearby city.

Bizarre footage has emerged of a pink glowing object suspending in the dark sky just hours after a huge fireball fell from space. The clip, which went viral on social media in China, left witnesses baffled when they saw it on the highway in the city of Delingha of Qinghai province across the Tibetan Plateau on December 23.

The object seems to be glowing around a sphere and it can be seen from various angles in the nearby area. A woman told a local newspaper: "This is not a moon, it's more like a cloud, a glowing pink one."

It stayed for 35 minutes to 40 minutes and disappeared."

This incident came just 12 hours after a mass sighting of a glowing meteor plunging towards the city of Yushu, somewhere 700km south of Delingha.

The fireball was seen emitting a bright white light while passing above the towns. It was also recorded by the China Earthquake Networks Centre, which said on social media that it had reports of a suspected bolide - a form of a very bright meteor - landing between Nangqian County and Yushu County at 7.25am on Wednesday, December 23.

There are speculations that the glowing pink light could be emitted from the bolide but experts have yet to identify it.

Can our German speakers translate into English, please? I thought maybe something about a balloon but my German is pretty much nil. Interesting though, thank you Sirius!

I´ve been raised in Switzerland, very near of the area of ruins where both pics were shot (like 25 miles away).

Both pics were shot on July 26th. of this year within a very short time span, 6 seconds at most but probably much less, explains the father who took the pics of his little girl. So that whatever the flying object was, it went by very fast as it doesn´t show up any more in the second pic. The weather was clear and sunny, no wind.

The video owner draws the attention on the two upper round and equal structures that look quite interesting, adding that the shape of this object doesn´t bear any ressemblance with ballons or a montgolfiere.

Thank you Sirius for the video, this object is quite strange. The shape reminds that of a rock, but of course, we can´t rely on our cameras with flying objects.

I´ve been raised in Switzerland, very near of the area of ruins where both pics were shot (like 25 miles away).

Both pics were shot on July 26th. of this year within a very short time span, 6 seconds at most but probably much less, explains the father who took the pics of his little girl. So that whatever the flying object was, it went by very fast as it doesn´t show up any more in the second pic. The weather was clear and sunny, no wind.

The video owner draws the attention on the two upper round and equal structures that look quite interesting, adding that the shape of this object doesn´t bear any ressemblance with ballons or a montgolfiere.

Thank you Sirius for the video, this object is quite strange. The shape reminds that of a rock, but of course, we can´t rely on our cameras with flying objects.
Thank you for the explanation Hesperides- this object is truly strange! It looks like it could be made of metal, not like a bird or a bug.

Back
Top Bottom