Earthquakes around the world

2 magnitude sixers today, about 15 hours apart:

I've seen someone else, can't remember who or where, who has been charged with disturbing the peace because of saying the truth about covid. So, now, telling the truth is being put forth as disturbing the peace and people can be arrested for it. "They" will try to silence those who tell the truth in whatever way "they" can it would seem.
Let them try. I will speak the truth only. I am not afraid of anyone.

By Kirill Kurevlev - 08.01.2021

6.1-magnitude quake hits 146 km SSE of Isangel, Vanuatu -- USGS

2021-01-08
HONG KONG, Jan. 8 (Xinhua) -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.1 jolted 146 km SSE of Isangel, Vanuatu at 05:01:04 GMT on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter, with a depth of 117.74 km, was initially determined to be at 20.735 degrees south latitude and 169.8807 degrees east longitude.

Ya know, liquefaction of the ground is one thing that creeps me out completely. Something like that on a large scale could swallow up a LOT.

That was one dynamic that played a major factor in the 1989 7.1 in California. And they still build on that very week foundation today.
The earthquake caused severe damage in some very specific locations in the Bay Area, most notably on unstable soil in San Francisco and Oakland. Oakland City Hall was evacuated after the earthquake until a US$80 million (equivalent to US$165 million today) seismic retrofit and hazard abatement work was completed in 1995.[32] Many other communities sustained severe damage throughout the region located in Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Benito, Santa Cruz and Monterey counties. Major property damage in San Francisco's Marina District 60 mi (97 km) from the epicenter resulted from liquefaction of soil used to create waterfront land. Other effects included sand volcanoes, landslides and ground ruptures. Some 12,000 homes and 2,600 businesses were damaged.[19] The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) turned people who were homeless prior to the earthquake away from homeless shelters and provided shelter for those with homes prior to the earthquake.[33][34]
Liquefaction During the Loma Prieta Earthquake
Dec, 02, 2020
Current Liquefaction Risks
Even today, over thirty years after Loma Prieta, liquefaction remains a serious hazard for large amounts of Bay Area infrastructure. In the City of San Francisco alone, over one hundred buildings taller than 240 feet are in areas with a very high liquefaction potential.[9] Current building codes require that structures must “be engineered to have a 90 percent chance of avoiding total collapse.”[9] However, the code does not stipulate that the buildings that remain standing must be fit for use. Buildings that do not collapse would still be allowed to undergo significant damage to pipes, interior walls, and foundations, which are the types of damage that are common during liquefaction. Dr. Keith Porter, a seismic engineer at the University of Colorado, has also calculated that at least one quarter of Bay Area buildings might be unsafe for use after a magnitude 7 earthquake due to liquefaction.[9]

Ironically in that monument at 5:04 p.m. (on October 17), people came together and all issues of that time stood still.
And the Universe showed us all what was really important and the greater meaning of life.

Oct 22, 2019

Let them try. I will speak the truth only. I am not afraid of anyone.
I completely understand where you’re coming from, but since you’re on this particular forum and not some other forum, I recommend reading up on the concept of Strategic Enclosure and Petty Tyrants. It’s not about being afraid, it’s about staying alive and free to do what you can do whne the right time comes. Right now, speaking out will get you nowhere. The guy who got locked up didn’t do himself or anyone else any favours. If you decide to reply, I suggest doing so on a different thread. There’s one called “Shouldn’t we be fighting this?” that’s perfectly suited for this discussion and also something that you might want to read up on.

I completely understand where you’re coming from, but since you’re on this particular forum and not some other forum, I recommend reading up on the concept of Strategic Enclosure and Petty Tyrants. It’s not about being afraid, it’s about staying alive and free to do what you can do whne the right time comes. Right now, speaking out will get you nowhere. The guy who got locked up didn’t do himself or anyone else any favours. If you decide to reply, I suggest doing so on a different thread. There’s one called “Shouldn’t we be fighting this?” that’s perfectly suited for this discussion and also something that you might want to read up on.
I know all of that materials. I understand the concepts just fine. It's only that to me personally it all feels like conceding far too much. I also do not plan on letting anyone lock me up anywhere. If someone tries, I have the right to selfdefense and I will exercise that right to the fullest extent applicable. Also I have years of combat training behind me, I have been in some nasty fights and no matter how bloody I was I never ever let it slow me down. Win first, worry about wounds later. I am trained to take the pain and nothing short of getting killed will stop me If I do not want to stop. Let me be clear, I will not harm anyone just for the sake of it or to prove something, that is just plain wrong. But I will also not let anyone attack me without defending myself. And I am prepared to go all out in selfdefense. The question is - is the attacker willing to loose his life?

Also, it pains me. Inside it hurts my soul to be quiet. I know I am not any better then the outright liars if I hear lies being touted everywhere and I keep being silent. Thats not how I am built. It pshyically pains me, I get sick in the stomach watching all the news lately. I think the time to act is now. I think that is why we have been sent here. If we have to die for the truth, so be it. I have no problem with that.

Two magnitude 6 quakes within 3 hours of each other today.

So far in just the first 10 days of this month there have been a total of 7 of such strength. See Earthquakes -- Sott.net.

Precursors of something even bigger soon?

Last week there was quite a bit of activity not least felt in Croatia by Forum members there. There were in all 3 M6 quakes with the highest being the M6.7 in Chile followed by a M6.4 in Croatia.
In the usual map area there were 4 out of 104 earthquakes equal to or greater than 4.5 and 1358 out of 1770 quakes of all sizes. Again, I will stress that these numbers are from USGS who leaves out a lot of quakes around the world from local seismographs.
Percentage: 76.7%
As Treesparrow noted, there has been quite a bit of activity this year already. 6 M6 earthquakes in the last week with the highest being a M6.3 north of New Zealand.
In the usual map area, which I have chosen to follow for now 15 months, there was 1 out of 73 earthquakes worldwide equal to or greater than 4.5 and 1454 out of 1871 quakes of all sizes.
Percentage: 77.7%
Earthquakes 7 days to Jan 10th 2021.gif

An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale was recorded at the end of this morning in the islands of Faial, Pico, São Jorge and Terceira, Azores, Portugal.

In a statement, the Regional Civil Protection and Fire Service of the Azores added that, according to the Azores Seism Volcanic Surveillance and Information Center (CIVISA), the event took place at 11:47 am local time (12:47 pm in Lisbon) and had a magnitude of 5.4 on the Richter scale and epicenter about 67 km to WNW (west-northwest) from Capelo, on the island of Faial.

This is a quite regular event though, as during the past 30 days, Azores was shaken by 1 quake of magnitude 5.4, 2 quakes between 4.0 and 5.0, 17 quakes between 3.0 and 4.0, and 55 quakes between 2.0 and 3.0. But this morning was the biggest. The Azores are nine volcanic islands situated in the North Atlantic Ocean.

Biggest quake: 5.4 quake North Atlantic Ocean, 63 km west of Ribeira Grande, Castelo Branco, Açores, Portugal, 11 Jan 2021 11:47 am (GMT -1) 7 hours ago
Most recent quake: 2.4 quake North Atlantic Ocean, 64 km northwest of Ribeira Grande, Castelo Branco, Açores, Portugal, 11 Jan 2021 4:48 pm (GMT -1) 1 hour 34 minutes ago

Back
Top Bottom