COVID-19: Michael Gove says Tory MP 'out of order' to tell anti-vaxxers to 'persist' against restrictions

Sir Desmond Swayne also said NHS capacity figures were being "manipulated" to exaggerate the scale of the pandemic.
A Tory MP who urged anti-vaccination campaigners to keep going with their fight against coronavirus restrictions and told them NHS capacity figures were being "manipulated" is "wrong" and "completely out of order", a senior minister has said.

Michael Gove told Sky News that Sir Desmond Swayne should apologise and retract his comments.

However, the Cabinet Office minister would not be drawn on whether he should lose the Conservative whip.
Sir Desmond, a former minister, also gave an interview two weeks ago to notorious anti-vaxxer Del Bigtree, who was a producer for Andrew Wakefield's anti-vaccine propaganda film, Vaxxed.

Mr Wakefield is a former doctor who was struck off the UK medical register for a discredited study linking the MMR vaccine to autism.

In this interview, Sir Desmond claimed Britain had become "a police state" and accused the government of attempting to implement "social control", while the anti-vaxxer praised the MP as a "hero".

He said: "There are aspects of this (the government's actions) which I'm certain come down to social control, like the wearing of masks, the medical case you've just rubbished it earlier this evening."

Read the whole article and watch the associated video if you like. I wonder where this goes and what will Sir Desmond Swayne say next.

BTW, the video is "brilliant" - Orwell style :-D

This is why it's important to have access to a network such as this. In addition this is why it's important to have spent years working on oneself as well. All these things I think may come to pay dividends in times such as this where all of a sudden the mainstream becomes inverted such as to willingly drive people to their doom as it were.
Agreed 100%.

It is not uncommon for me to find myself talking with somebody who is so far down the wrong rabbit hole on.., just everything, that I find myself feeling a sense of hopeless futility.

"To address this, the person would need to go back and spend years working on such deep fundamentals which are all but invisible for them before we can even start to discuss ____ in a useful way."

What we take for granted, having spent years (for many of us), chipping away at those fundamental knots and hangups, simple behavioral items like how to approach self-criticisms, automatic responses, why Truth v Lies is of primary importance for a soul, heck, how time and reality functions... All of that was difficult and now that we've got at least some grasp on why that on-going work is vital, we tend to forget just how many essential tools we now have which are almost beyond conception for others. We've changed ourselves.

It doesn't mean that there aren't new approaches to learn and which can be effective in providing awareness options for others, but it is certainly easy to feel overwhelmed by the challenge. For me, a starting point is trying to feel compassion for their situation, to see them as souls who hurt and fear and who have probably spent their lives expecting attack and respond well to being recognized and understood.

Last edited:
My wife and I have just tested positive and are in house arrest until the end of next week. I have had it for about a week but put it off initially as just being the flu. When our father in law in the flat below us tested positive on Tuesday after having been sick for 10 days, then we did a test yesterday and it came up positive. Symptoms so far, feber, loss of taste, dry cough and weak. Nothing alarming in that, but given the circumstances, then we and the whole house is confined for a little while. It then comes in handy to have a number of romance novels lined up ;)
When the contact tracing agency contacted us regarding the confinement, they asked if I had been vaccinated. I answered, no, to which the response was something like "so not yet". I didn't feel up to it to tell the person, that it would never happen under the current circumstances.

Surprising twist. Merck bails out.

Vaccine manufacturer Merck has abandoned development of two coronavirus vaccines, saying that after extensive research it was concluded that the shots offered less protection than just contracting the virus itself and developing antibodies.
The company announced that the shots V590 and V591 were ‘well tolerated’ by test patients, however they generated an ‘inferior’ immune system response in comparison with natural infection.
The company stated that instead it will focus on research into therapeutic drugs labeled as MK-7110 and MK-4482.
The drugs aim to protect patients from the damage of an overactive immune response to the virus.

Meanwhile, in related news, German scientists have claimed that the UK Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is less than 8% effective in over 65s, prompting the vaccine developers to hit back, rubbishing the claims.

My wife and I have just tested positive and are in house arrest until the end of next week. I have had it for about a week but put it off initially as just being the flu. When our father in law in the flat below us tested positive on Tuesday after having been sick for 10 days, then we did a test yesterday and it came up positive. Symptoms so far, feber, loss of taste, dry cough and weak. Nothing alarming in that, but given the circumstances, then we and the whole house is confined for a little while. It then comes in handy to have a number of romance novels lined up ;)
When the contact tracing agency contacted us regarding the confinement, they asked if I had been vaccinated. I answered, no, to which the response was something like "so not yet". I didn't feel up to it to tell the person, that it would never happen under the current circumstances.
Gosh!

Best wishes for your convalescence and a smooth recovery.

Please keep us in the loop!

Take care of yourself.

Remember to supplement appropriately to help in the recovery process. Rest as well too!

As you can see, this article is not in the 'Don't Panic! Lighten Up! section!

We should start an online pool of how many days before Fauci recommends this asinine test for Americans.

Some of the stories on Facebook... My oh my... Get a load of this one.

Screenshot_20210128_231703.jpgScreenshot_20210128_231732.jpgScreenshot_20210128_231756.jpg

They call this buyer's remorse I believe. But wow, I guess this is a process some must go through? It's difficult, I empathize. Job on the line, freedom on the line... Can the conspiracy be true? Surely not! Take a leap of faith and hope for the best... Just get the jab. Then, BAM! Can't take it back...

In other news, treatment for haemorrhoids will now be performed orally by dentists. Meanwhile covid testing stations have been swamped with truck loads of posted fecal samples when concerned citizens banded together to save time in the battle against this deadly virus. :nuts:

Seriously though, I wonder if this has something to do with the occasional report of finding viral fragments in sewerage treatment plants and indicates the development of a new narrative direction. If viral fragments are found in anal swabs, then I'm guessing they have to have come from food and drink so that might support the idea of moving to laboratory created food and ties up that whole loose end about paw paws and goats testing positive in Africa. The article doesn't mention whether it's the PCR that is being used or not so I don't know how they can claim that anal testing is more accurate. They do say:

China recorded 82 new cases of community infection on January 26, the national health authority said Tuesday. Among them were two locally transmitted cases in Beijing. There were also 56 asymptomatic cases, which China considers separately.

Which is at least more honest and less fear mongering for statistic reporting. That's a question that seems to go unanswered when asked here in Australia when reporting 'cases'.

Does anyone have any type of reasonably accurate-ish source for "deaths involving covid" in the u.s?

A lot of my acquaintances are parroting a 4k per day. Of course the cdc site doesn't support this but their "sources" do. (worldometers)

I'd love to provide a different take.

What do you guys think are the real reasons for the 'vaccine shortage' and 'delivery problems' that is now talked about in the MSM? At least in my part of the world there's been several announcements during the last weeks about how the Covid vaccine producers are not able to meet the demands.

This appears fishy to me. I mean, with all the greedy and evil persons behind this whole thing, you'd think that they'd roll out as many vaccine doses no matter what since there's a lot of money to be made. One of the reasons could be that they know that the vaccines cause serious side effects, maybe more than they anticipated. So, in order to avoid massive and simultaneous cases of deaths and serious complications – which would make the masses more aware and afraid of the vaccines – they're thinning out and slowing down the delivery so that the problems will be spread on a wider time period (less noticeable).

Other reason could be that they've noticed something unexpected with the vaccines, or, that the Covid vaccines were neve part of the 'end game' – they are just to condition the masses for the next, and more sever, pandemic.

There are probably multiple reasons and motives. What do you think?

A few days back I had a dream that the lockdown was permanent and that the only way to get in touch with each other was to participate in an augmented virtual reality.

A cyber communist world government in which everything natural is replaced with an artificial substitute that they can control and possess. The Elite sure would like that.

View attachment 42163

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s already a VR app for that! 🙃 The image in your post reminded me of the end of Brazil:

6FE48287-EDCA-48D0-988B-FE657634212F.gif

What do you guys think are the real reasons for the 'vaccine shortage' and 'delivery problems' that is now talked about in the MSM? At least in my part of the world there's been several announcements during the last weeks about how the Covid vaccine producers are not able to meet the demands.

This appears fishy to me. I mean, with all the greedy and evil persons behind this whole thing, you'd think that they'd roll out as many vaccine doses no matter what since there's a lot of money to be made. One of the reasons could be that they know that the vaccines cause serious side effects, maybe more than they anticipated. So, in order to avoid massive and simultaneous cases of deaths and serious complications – which would make the masses more aware and afraid of the vaccines – they're thinning out and slowing down the delivery so that the problems will be spread on a wider time period (less noticeable).

Other reason could be that they've noticed something unexpected with the vaccines, or, that the Covid vaccines were neve part of the 'end game' – they are just to condition the masses for the next, and more sever, pandemic.

my thinking would be to create a level of urgency. a "you dont want to miss out" type of deal. especially with this covid passport they are talking about and the travel/ entertainment type things. do you want to miss out and have to wait another 6 months for the next availability? do you want to be ready for when we open up? and you can enjoy all those things you're used too.

my thoughts

my thinking would be to create a level of urgency. a "you dont want to miss out" type of deal. especially with this covid passport they are talking about and the travel/ entertainment type things. do you want to miss out and have to wait another 6 months for the next availability? do you want to be ready for when we open up? and you can enjoy all those things you're used too.

my thoughts
My first thought was similar to that of placematt, you know the psychological effect of scarcity, the rarer something becomes the more people run for it. It can also be a way to deflect protest, many people now blame the government for not being able to provide the necessary doses of vaccine. Maybe there are indeed also production and/or logistical (transport, storage) problems. What Aragorn said also makes sense. Maybe a mixture of all these reasons...

Back
Top Bottom