People who tend to form kidney stones or who suffer from osteoporosis may benefit from a low-oxalate diet. However, healthy people trying to stay healthy do NOT need to avoid mushrooms like Chaga and other high oxalate foods including spinach, beet greens, and almonds. It is simply not a nutrient of concern for most people.(1)

Insoluble oxalates (calcium oxalate, magnesium oxalate and iron oxalate) are not absorbed in the digestive system and pass harmlessly in the feces. However, soluble oxalates (potassium oxalate and sodium oxalate), release free oxalate anions which pass in to the blood stream. Free oxalate will bind with any free calcium to produce calcium oxalate crystals potentially resulting in gout, kidney stones, and physical damage to the kidneys while depleting calcium needed for strong bones, etc.(2)

Oxalates in cultivated mushrooms​

Considering only soluble oxalates, we learn that most cultivated mushroom species, not only are total oxalates low, but 90% are insoluble. In a study by Nile and Park they examined oxalate levels in twenty species of popular wild edible mushrooms.(4) All had very low to moderate oxalate levels.

Cultivated Lentinula edodes (Shitake mushroom), has moderately high total oxalates (just over 1,000 mg/kg DM) but 99% of the oxalates are insoluble, and thus harmless to ingest. Cultivated Pleurotus ostreatus (oyster mushroom), in contrast, had moderate oxalate levels, but 90% were in the soluble form, making it a moderate over-all oxalate risk, a risk level of concern to people with serious gout or serious kidney stone problems, but no worse than foods like chocolate, almonds, cereal grains.

They found no soluble oxalates in Hericium erinaceus (Lions mane mushroom), Sparassis crispa (cauliflower fungus), Boletus edulis (porcini mushroom, and Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi mushroom). The highest levels of soluble oxalate were found in Phellinus floriada (65 mg/kg DM) and in Morchella conica (morels) (60 mg/kg DM) where the oxalate risk would be rated as moderate.(3)

Oxalates in Chaga Mushroom​

A NAMA toxicology study reported on the oxalate levels in Chaga in a sample from Russia, a sample from Finland and a sample from Thailand.(5) They performed a hot water extract of each sample (to determine the soluble oxalate levels), and followed differences between the three samples.

The Russian material yielded 1 gram of extract (from 25 g of powdered Chaga) containing 97.6 mg soluble oxalic acid and 24 mg of insoluble oxalic acid which equates to 3,904 mg soluble oxalates/kg DM and 960 mg/kg DM insoluble oxalates/kg DM in Russian Chaga. For the Russian material, 97% of the organic acids extracted were soluble and insoluble oxalates.

The material from Finland yielded 2.4 g of extract containing 55.62 mg/g of soluble oxalate and 9.5 mg/g of insoluble oxalates, which equates to 5,340 mg/kg DM of soluble oxalates and 910 mg/kg DM insoluble oxalates in material from Finland. In the Finnish material, 84% of the organic acids were oxalates and 16% was para-hydroxybenzoic acid.

In the material from Thailand, a region well outside of the known circumboreal range of Chaga, oxalates comprised only 25% of the organic acids, with 1,710 mg/kg DM soluble oxalates and 350 mg/kg DM insoluble oxalates. The main organic acid in the material from Thailand was para-hydroxybenzoic acid (73.6%) with 0.3% gallic acid and 1.1% protocatechuic acid.

There are no studies to date on oxalates found in wild Chaga from North America - (Canada & USA). However, as Canadian Chaga is within similar circumboreal regions one could estimate that it too would have similar oxalate levels to that of Chaga from Russia.

In all of these samples, oxalate levels were far higher than those found in edible mushrooms and are comparable to levels in foods like almonds, peanuts, cereal grains and chocolate that are rated as very high in oxalates. The oxalate levels are much lower than oxalate levels found in foods with extremely high oxalate levels like spinach, rhubarb and beet greens.

Oxalate in wild Chaga vs. cultivated Chaga​

Cultivated Chaga is very different from wild harvested Chaga since it lacks the betulin produced by the tree, and also lacks betulinic acid and phytosterols. Consequently, one would expect a different suite of soluble or insoluble oxalates and effects from cultivated Chaga vs wild Chaga since the chemistry is different.

The high soluble oxalate levels in wild-harvested Chaga should make people with osteoporosis think twice before using Chaga since oxalates chelate calcium, zinc and other metals, stripping them from the body. Oxalate levels in cultivated Chaga appear to be unstudied.

Is chaga Safe?​

Until more hard data is available one should consider wild Chaga among foods high in oxalates. As such if you suffer from kidney stones then you should limit your consumption of chaga and other foods that contain high oxalate levels. Another reason why it is important to avoid over consumption of chaga and limit your daily dose of Chaga mushroom tea to 1-2 6oz cups or 3.6g of dried per day.
Thank you for the detailed reply. From experience, eating unproperly cooked taro once in Costa Rica, which 'tastes' of microscopic shredding needles, I do not consider the unsoluble oxalate crystals to be 'harmless'. That is why I was thinking of the oxalate issue from the unsoluble calcium oxalate crystals POV, but my assumption was incorrect as it is the soluble portion that is of concern to those concerned. Thank you.

@JEEP

"I Don't Know Of A Bigger Story In The World" Right Now Than Ivermectin: NYTimes Best-Selling Author

So why are journalists not covering it?

Michael Capuzzo, a New York Times best-selling author , has just published an article titled “The Drug That Cracked Covid”. The 15-page article chronicles the gargantuan struggle being waged by frontline doctors on all continents to get ivermectin approved as a Covid-19 treatment, as well as the tireless efforts by reporters, media outlets and social media companies to thwart them.

Because of ivermectin, Capuzzo says, there are “hundreds of thousands, actually millions, of people around the world, from Uttar Pradesh in India to Peru to Brazil, who are living and not dying.” Yet media outlets have done all they can to “debunk” the notion that ivermectin may serve as an effective, easily accessible and affordable treatment for Covid-19. They have parroted the arguments laid out by health regulators around the world that there just isn’t enough evidence to justify its use.
We know why - 💉

We need a few rogue journalists who may consider putting their careers on the line for the sake of humanity - not much to ask for, is it? There are lots of doctors and scientists willing to come forward but the journalists seem to be mired too deeply in the official rhetoric to make a stance. I have said this before: journalists are an incredibly canny bunch of people in the main and they can smell a rat from a very long distance away - normally - but regarding any negative covid comment and research amid the entire false scenario they are annoyingly silent. What on earth do they think when their editors and bosses tell them that they can only say positive things about the covid scenario etc? They are probably threatened with job loss and possible demotion, but surely a little seed of doubt has to be lurking somewhere in the old grey matter.

On this China lab leak story that's now supposedly mainstream after a year of being labelled fake news, it's worth remembering that covid was in Europe in spring 2019.

Don't know where that puts the origin story?

On this China lab leak story that's now supposedly mainstream after a year of being labelled fake news, it's worth remembering that covid was in Europe in spring 2019.

"There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections."

Too many variables to be conclusive. For example, assuming the rtPCR test was used, what was the Ct? 40?

"There was the potential for a false positive due to the virus’ similarities with other respiratory infections."

Too many variables to be conclusive. For example, assuming the rtPCR test was used, what was the Ct? 40?

Point is they are now using analysis of waste water to track covid. If this method is invalid then (for 2019 samples) it also applies to any conclusions in the here and now.

All we know is someone can't talk about the Chinese lab leak theory without both addressing the sewage samples that were analysed in early 2019 in Europe (and elsewhere?) and also the vaping illness in the summer of 2019 in the US. Covid was in other places before it was in China is what it looks like!

"Just say No!" I love that. It's going to be my new favourite word from now on, even though it's a long time since I've been a toddler! :-D

This reminds me of the African Leader that had several items PCR tested, for COVID, fruit, some inaminate objects and some such, they all came back positive as I recall, and I think that leader also had a mysterious death, as I recall.

So is this a reality or just another MSM fear tacit, to hype up the hysteria, full of bogus science?

This reminds me of the African Leader that had several items PCR tested, for COVID, fruit, some inaminate objects and some such, they all came back positive as I recall, and I think that leader also had a mysterious death, as I recall.

So is this a reality or just another MSM fear tacit, to hype up the hysteria, full of bogus science?
On UK column news 24 Mai, they talked about why this is coming up now, as they informed us about a similar program in the UK last summer (i remember seeing that). It was said the analyse could identify different Covid strains. Holland does it too, and its using the PCR test. Its from a decent Eureka EU program. In Italy there's positive tests in Nov 2019. They retested older samples.
BTW Can you see the "pandamic" was basically over after three months?!!
1622326370562.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the graphic @ cope, looks to me like a bunch of child like algorithmic graphics, using their exceptional mind, how to confuse and explain to an intentional dumb population, a dumb hypothesis, for how bacterial infection is spread.

Villagers jump into river to avoid Covid-19 vaccination in Uttar Pradesh

It was as if a police team had raided their village to nab some dreaded criminals...

The health officials at a village in Uttar Pradesh were taken aback when people, on seeing them, fled their homes and ran towards a nearby river. They even jumped into the river, when the officials reached the river bank.

The bizarre scene was witnessed at Sisauda village in Uttar Pradesh's Barabanki district when a team of health officials reached the village on Sunday to vaccinate the residents against Covid-19. According to reports, around 200 people, who did not want to get vaccinated, fled their homes. As the health officials and the vaccination team were on the road, they ran toward the river bank.

Fearing that many of the villagers might drown in the river if they went any further, the officials assured them that they would not be vaccinated. The officials had a tough time persuading the villagers to come out of the river.

Reports said that only 14 people could be vaccinated in the village, which has 1,500 residents. ''It is due to lack of awareness...we will soon launch an awareness campaign in the village,'' said a senior district official in Barabanki.

From a report by the Deccan Herald

Regional Indian media is full of such incidents. There is a very high level of vaccine hesitancy mostly in rural India.

There are also cases where the Vaccination Team is not even allowed to enter the village. On the other hand in many villages the Health Team members were beaten up with sticks and stones.
In a village in Gujarat, the entire vaccination drive had to be stopped after the villagers demanded that the government take responsibility if anything happens to them after being vaccinated.

There is a very high level of vaccine hesitancy mostly in rural India.

Recently, in the comments section of a blog (yeah yeah....) a guy claiming to be a US military officer was saying that while the officer class are generally quite enthusiastic about the vaxx - and applying significant social and professional pressure to those who aren't - the enlisted are quite a bit more skeptical. Similarly, it's notable that in the civilian population, the less educated and more working class elements seem to be far more likely to refuse it than the educated, professional urbanite.

It seems those who haven't had the benefit of immersion in the indoctrination centers are more likely to retain their healthy instincts.

It seems those who haven't had the benefit of immersion in the indoctrination centers are more likely to retain their healthy instincts.

In Europe the migrant communities are less prone to media brainwashing not least because of the language barriers.
I hear the proportion of migrants taking the vaccine is not very high. While homegrown Europeans allow their lives to be ruled by governments, television or social media, most immigrants tend to follow the advice of their families and their religion. Rumors often outweigh media influence.
They seem to be much more suspicious of government schemes and their narratives.

Authorities are frankly admitting that they will have to do more to 'convince' these communities.

Could it be that in rural India noneducational populations, have a memory of the mass sterilization episodes, in the 1970's where males and some women were coerced into max vaccination programs with the promise of a transistor radio. If anyone is interested the novels of Rohintion Miystry, he gives a graphic illustration of the travesty at that time, I believe Indra Gandhi was the leader in power at that time (nothing to do with Gandhi, the leader of social political change)

Villagers jump into river to avoid Covid-19 vaccination in Uttar Pradesh

It was as if a police team had raided their village to nab some dreaded criminals...

The health officials at a village in Uttar Pradesh were taken aback when people, on seeing them, fled their homes and ran towards a nearby river. They even jumped into the river, when the officials reached the river bank.

The bizarre scene was witnessed at Sisauda village in Uttar Pradesh's Barabanki district when a team of health officials reached the village on Sunday to vaccinate the residents against Covid-19. According to reports, around 200 people, who did not want to get vaccinated, fled their homes. As the health officials and the vaccination team were on the road, they ran toward the river bank.

Fearing that many of the villagers might drown in the river if they went any further, the officials assured them that they would not be vaccinated. The officials had a tough time persuading the villagers to come out of the river.

Reports said that only 14 people could be vaccinated in the village, which has 1,500 residents. ''It is due to lack of awareness...we will soon launch an awareness campaign in the village,'' said a senior district official in Barabanki.

From a report by the Deccan Herald

Regional Indian media is full of such incidents. There is a very high level of vaccine hesitancy mostly in rural India.

There are also cases where the Vaccination Team is not even allowed to enter the village. On the other hand in many villages the Health Team members were beaten up with sticks and stones.
In a village in Gujarat, the entire vaccination drive had to be stopped after the villagers demanded that the government take responsibility if anything happens to them after being vaccinated.

One could say it was instigated by the West, and it's affliate organizations, but who knows at the time this was in the 70's when social political ideology of a new world was emerging.for a political elite.

From the article

In 1976, men across India were drastically changing their behavior. Some were abandoning the beds inside their homes to sleep in fields; others were skipping major festivals and public gatherings. Those who in the past had taken the train freely, without a ticket, were finding alternative routes. They were all trying to avoid government officials. On trains, inspectors were suddenly cracking down on ticket less passengers with heavy fines, but they would give fare dodgers a break on one condition: that they agreed to be sterilized. The bold is mine to highlight, is this any different from the jab.

Just to add some insight into this complex dilema.

Point is they are now using analysis of waste water to track covid. If this method is invalid then (for 2019 samples) it also applies to any conclusions in the here and now.

All we know is someone can't talk about the Chinese lab leak theory without both addressing the sewage samples that were analysed in early 2019 in Europe (and elsewhere?) and also the vaping illness in the summer of 2019 in the US. Covid was in other places before it was in China is what it looks like!
Definitely Sottreader. It definitely appears to have been elsewhere before China.

I'd be careful about the sewage angle though. It IS a possibility, no doubt but again, how was the sewage tested?

There is likely a better, more accurate way to determine this. The vaping episodes, for example. Where did they begin?

And certainly the gain-of-function research going on at U of NC and possibly Fort Detrick. What were they doing and when? Who was involved?

And then the Military Games. When? Where? And something I have yet to pinpoint: Where were the competing military personel stationed?

Your point is well taken. Thanks.

I guess I didn't really know what the Games were. Even though the word Military would lead one to think the participants were all military, apparently that was not the case.

??

Back
Top Bottom