The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

I suspect that the Climate Change propaganda will fever pitch even more, in the face of increased unusual winter/cold events...(which should awaken common sense in people, that something is seriously off with the propaganda narrative). But no. Similarly like with the Corona Plandemic narrative; when you think it is starting to crumble - they send up another massive campaign - bam ! :rolleyes:

In Russia, frosts were recorded below -60C!

The first 60-degree frosts of the season hit Yakutia. But this happened not in Oymyakon, and not in Verkhoyansk (the "cold poles" are still being modest), but in a little-known, but no less cold village of Yakutia called Delyankir. According to the monitoring data, at night on December 8, the temperature came close to -60C (the minimum was -59.5C), and at night on December 9, it changed this mark (-61.1C).

Tn-2-640x511.jpg
t

Delyankir is the closest neighbor of Oymyakon, located in the Oymyakon ulus, on the right bank of the Nera River. According to the census, there are two people living in the village (one of them is a meteorological observer).

Delyankir is the third coldest place in the Northern Hemisphere after Verkhoyansk and Oymyakon. The absolute minimum temperature in Delyankir was recorded in January 1973 - -65C degrees.

30cm of snow in Belgrade, Serbia

Got a shot of a moon halo this evening that was just spectacular. It took up most of the sky and it was otherworldly as the inside of the halo, which itself was a rainbow though it's not as clear in the picture, was crystal clear while the outside of it was somewhat hazy. It was like looking at a portal to another dimension. One of the most beautiful things me and my housemates had ever seen, so we thought we'd share it.

Temp was only in the low 40s Fahrenheit, so it was a little shocking that there would've been so many ice crystals up in the atmosphere to make this bad boy.

Moon photo.jpg

Another heads up just in case this gets overlooked by anyone interested-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lake Tahoe received up to 8.5 FEET of snow in 5 days

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extracts -

Lake Tahoe received somewhere between 4 and 8.5 feet of snow in five days, according to Bryan Allegretto, who forecasts and tracks snowfall in the Lake Tahoe region for Open Snow. On Thursday morning, snowflakes continued to fall lightly, a quiet cap to a fierce storm that jump-started winter from hardly a pulse to fully alive.
In this storm, Mount Rose saw the most snowfall, by far, according to Allegretto's data. Between Sunday and Wednesday, some 6.5 feet of snow accumulated at the highest elevations on Mount Rose. On the southern end of Tahoe, Kirkwood received 61 inches of snow, more than 5 feet. And to the north, Sugar Bowl received 55 inches, about 4.5 feet. Snow continued to fall on Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, elevating the snow totals even more.

This kind of a storm isn't unprecedented in December, said Andrew Schwartz, lead researcher at the UC Berkeley Central Sierra Snow Lab on Donner Summit. At the snow lab, Schwartz continued the decades-old tradition of measuring snowfall at 8 a.m., keeping the lab's longtime set of data about snowfall alive. In the past week, including a smaller storm before the atmospheric river arrived on Sunday, the snow lab received nearly 80 inches of snow, more than 6.5 feet.

All over the Lake Tahoe and Truckee region, people have been working around the clock, 24/7, to dig out homes and cars, plow roads and driveways, push snow into massive snow banks to clear parking lots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some corroboration - essentially the same report from another source:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extracts -

Well, things have been happening around the world over the past two weeks, and I’m not just talking Omicron. The real story is snow and lots of it, particularly in the US where the resorts in Californian and the Pacific northwest have been getting hammered, the Tahoe resorts and Mammoth getting 6-8 feet over four-day period!
After a dry, mild November, the past couple of weeks have seen a big change, particularly over the past seven days with some massive totals falling across the western resorts. As I said in the intro, the Californian resorts have had some massive totals, Mammoth receiving 152cms since Sunday and it is still snowing hard today. Further north Palisades Tahoe has received 198cms in the past week while Kirkwood is reporting a massive 205cms.

What We Wear at -71°C (-95°F)? Yakutia, Siberia
Visiting the COLDEST CITY in the World (-71°C, -96°F) YAKUTSK / YAKUTIA

Welcome to the coldest city on Earth folks! Saw these two videos last night and they are very fascinating. Many of the fresh food markets out there keep their fish and other meats outside in stalls to take advantage of the really cold weather there. I'd reckon they'd freeze in 15 minutes or faster. It is common for people to leave their cars running outside with no one outside it, if they can't afford to keep them in heated garages. If they hadn't, the fuel and pipage would freeze, making it really hard to get it starting again.

There are a lot of things they've done to make it habitable for them and have really thrived in these harsh environments. Perhaps some of the stuff they are experiencing here are something that one can expect in the coming ice age.

Funny news came from Yakutia (Russia) today:

In the city of Pokrovsk (80 km from Yakutsk), workers of municipal utilities went out to mow weeds at a temperature of -50°C
The photo shows that a man with a scythe in his hands is going to cut down the dried grass sticking out of a snowdrift
gor-pic4_zoom-1500x1500-92541.jpg

I found this J. R. Nyquist interview with David DuByne of adapt2030 pretty interesting. Its 1.5 hours long and not in adapt2030 format just David being asked a wide range of questions.

Points of interest:

Fertilizer being cut off amidst 20 percent crop loss already. (the ladder is being pulled up)

According to David (historically) 1 billion people would now be migrating, but they are locked down.

The magnetosphere is not holding the jet streams in place as it used to so, wonky weather from here on out.

He believes the smash and grab, store looting is to make acceptable the military in the stores, especially food stores and begin rationing. It won't be funny anymore if they start emptying grocery stores.

He goes over Carolina bays and 12,000 years ago impact. (In ref. to sudden changes)

A short, but pretty good explanation of the electric universe theory.

Russia has 11 monster ice brakers. 6 of them nuclear powered. Near double the power used on a US aircraft carrier. Some of them are (“cargo ship” ice breakers.) David believes they also can be used as mobile power plants.

David shares his idea that this ice age/starvation/destruction scenario is going to happen soon, and faster than anyone knows, and all this “stuff” we are experiencing is TPTB trying to clear the decks before it gets out of control. At one point he muses that maybe they are trying to save as many as the can. I think that giving them a little too much credit, but whatever.

What We Wear at -71°C (-95°F)? Yakutia, Siberia
Visiting the COLDEST CITY in the World (-71°C, -96°F) YAKUTSK / YAKUTIA

Welcome to the coldest city on Earth folks! Saw these two videos last night and they are very fascinating. Many of the fresh food markets out there keep their fish and other meats outside in stalls to take advantage of the really cold weather there. I'd reckon they'd freeze in 15 minutes or faster. It is common for people to leave their cars running outside with no one outside it, if they can't afford to keep them in heated garages. If they hadn't, the fuel and pipage would freeze, making it really hard to get it starting again.

There are a lot of things they've done to make it habitable for them and have really thrived in these harsh environments. Perhaps some of the stuff they are experiencing here are something that one can expect in the coming ice age.

What a wonderful resource. Thank you! This really took off the edge for me - clearing away worry about the coming cold. With adequate preparation, the human spirit can persevere in unimaginable situations!

I also watched The Happy People: A year in the taiga, a documentary about trappers in Siberia by Werner Herzog. It also helped clear the way for actually looking forward to the coming cold as another zone of learning - the trappers display wry humour, human industry and self-sufficiency, and a deep commitment to good values.

Were getting hammered by the current deep freeze underway in Europe!

#Espagne from tomorrow with 20 to 50 cm expected, including in the plains and in the region of #Madrid . This deterioration could temporarily affect the south of France but the risk seems more limited than initially envisaged ...

Weather It's still gray and cold @GWoznica takes you under the Northern Lights of Lapland with @LCI

We had a lot more storms with thunder, lightening and heavy rain in Northern Israel this December (2021) than last year. The storms are longer. The temperatures are colder. More snow in high elevations. More like NW USA than the Middle East.

I've been plodding through Sam White's book 'A Cold Welcome: The Little Ice Age and Europe's Encounter with North America'. Thanks for the recommendation to all who have read it!

Its been good to read for two reasons. The first is that it's a great cautionary tale that highlights the calamity that can befall people who are unprepared. Unprepared, both in terms of supplies, but also in terms of the understanding of the natural world. The two are related - how you See reality and what you Do within it.

There were some significant errors in thinking that doomed them almost from the outset. They were operating on the assumptions of Aristotelian meteorology, which stated that the climate is determined only by latitude, regardless of local geographic conditions.

1640709517917.png

This led them to believe that the East coast of what is now America would have the same climate and growing conditions as the Mediterranean. They dreamed of growing olives in Maine, the poor creatures. But why is the climate different? Sam White's explanation was eye-opening for me.

We moderns know that the West coast of Europe gets a daily delivery of warmth via the Gulf Stream conveyor belt. Without that, the UK, for instance, would be excellent polar bear habitat. But the Gulf Stream is only one reason for Western coastal Europe being warmer than America's East coast.

The other reason is that in the Northern hemisphere, there is a consistent direction of the prevailing winds due to the Coriolis effect - it blows from East to West. It follows that in the Northern hemisphere, Western coasts are generally warmer because the wind arrives from across the ocean. Ocean winds are always warmer than land winds.

The Eastern coasts in North America receive wind from over land, which is always colder. One can look at an average monthly minimum temperature comparison between Vancouver, BC, Canada (on the West coast), and St. John's, NL, Canada, (on the East) to see this effect in play. They are basically at the same latitude, and they are both on the ocean - but the direction of the prevailing winds is quite possibly the determinant factor in St. John's being much, much colder. I'd lived in BC my whole life, and I'd never even considered why the West coast was one of the warmest places in Canada.
Vancouver, St Johns.png

Sam White's book helped me to clear up some uncertainty and dread that was growing in me with regards to the Ice Age. I was gettin' worried. But - Knowledge protects! So I thought I might as well read up on the history of the most recent 'long winter' and learn a thing or two before I turn into a human popsicle. An educated popsicle is better than an ignorant one, no? That's the theory, anyways.

Although the book details story after story of misadventure, famine, disease outbreaks, crop failures - and also rising tensions between native populations and settlers in the context of climate-induced turmoil - it was interesting to note that life didn't just stop, frozen in the ice. People kept on living, striving forwards in their goals. Even ships still sailed the seas with regularity!

I don't know exactly what my assumptions were about the coming Ice Age - but there was dread, for sure. I think the dread came from a lack of data, and an assumption of chaos, and fear of the unknown. So this is the second reason why I like the book - it gave me a sense of relief just to read these detailed accounts, and establish a basic framework for extrapolating possible future scenarios. I still don't know if we're heading for a new Mini Ice Age, or a new Glacial Maximum, but 'A Cold Welcome' has had a significant calmative effect for me.

A third topic in the book that caught my eye has to do with religion, in particular prayers for rain. In certain times of significant drought, the natives asked the settlers to pray to their Christian god for rain, because the native gods apparently weren't listening. In a few significant cases, these prayers were 'answered' - rain happened to arrive just at the right moment. This led to mass demand for Christian crosses amongst the natives! So the Ice Age was also punctuated by social transformation and, notably, religious conversion. This amounts to an enormous change in the 'Map of Meaning' of all the peoples involved. And an important note is that after the settlers had established themselves as powerful weather-workers, when rain did not arrive due to settler prayers, the settlers themselves became scapegoats for bad weather.

This had me thinking about our current world. How will our own 'Maps of Meaning' change? What will we witness in the 'Maps of Meaning' of our neighbours, friends, family, community, nation - and humanity in general? Will there be a new mass religious movement aimed at appeasing weather gods, like some kinda Ghost Dance? Will there be a materialistic version of the same human impulse to seek salvation? Will there be mass uptake into the already-existing monotheistic 'faiths', when people see that 'those other folks over there seem to have fine weather and plenty of food, so maybe we should pray to their god'?

I don't know - these kinds of transformations seem to be unlikely to gain broad traction in the West, given our widespread nihilistic cultural materialism. Without a grounding in the Spirit, the overall result may be more like increased confusion and despair in the face of increasing chaos. And then personal and social breakdown, scapegoating, violence, and war.

The PTB will deflect blame away from themselves for as long as they can, of course. We can see that there are several ready-made identities that are already primed to take the blame. If the Ice Age is pinned, for instance, to the Gulf Stream shutdown, which is spun to be an effect of Man-Made Climate Change, then every meat-eater and car-driver will be the primary 'sinners'. On an institutional level, the scapegoats would be the big energy and resource extraction corporations. On a geopolitical level, Russia and China are the obvious culprits, in particular the 'dirty, bad, irresponsible' hydrocarbon sectors of their economies. And the unvaccinated are already an excellent out-group for taking the blame for a real plague.

It is tempting to say that there will be a new Inquisition, or another Witch Craze, or WW3 - but I think modern government is a different beast than it was in the past. I've read in Foucault's Biopolitics that sovereign power in the past operated on the basis of a certain maxim - 'Let live, and make die'. In other words, the common folk were allowed to live with a degree of personal bodily autonomy. Only when they broke a law would there be a swift and often disfiguring or lethal punishment. Sovereign power today has reversed this situation to a different operating maxim - 'Make live, and let die'. The common folk are forced to live a certain way, with maximal intrusion of the government into every aspect of their lives, their bodies, their minds, including now their DNA. And when they don't comply, they are simply abandoned.

The information in the 'VISA-666-Mark of the Beast' session gestures to a situation where 'all must belong or starve'. This suggests to me that the primary punitive measure would likely be silent abandonment of dissenters by the state, as opposed to more active forms of punishment, like the scapegoating of days past.

At any rate, what a show to behold as the 'maps of meaning' change across the entire realm!

Thank you for the summary, that was a very insightful post @iamthatis! I will add the book to my reading list.

The other reason is that in the Northern hemisphere, there is a consistent direction of the prevailing winds due to the Coriolis effect - it blows from East to West. It follows that in the Northern hemisphere, Western coasts are generally warmer because the wind arrives from across the ocean. Ocean winds are always warmer than land winds.
Regarding the Coriolis effect, you said that the wind blows East to West in the Northern Hemisphere but then go to say that the Western coasts are warmer as the winds come from the ocean. Did you mean to say that the wind blows from West to East, i.e. to the right?

I found a chart that shows the direction of the wind depending on the latitude, is this what you're referring to?

110604-004-2CDA5DF5.gif

Back
Top Bottom