take the personality test.

mugatea

Jedi Master
http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

pretty good test from similarminds.com that i found from another forum. Give it a try and post the results (if you wanna, that is :P).

It wouldnt be fair to ask for peeps to post their results without me posting mine first. The secondary numbers are the average web score

Paranoid |||||||||||| 42% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||| 54% 53%
Antisocial |||||| 30% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||||| 62% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 50% 43%
Narcissistic |||| 14% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||| 66% 39%
Dependent |||||||||||||||| 70% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||| 46% 40%

Paranoid |||||||||||||| 58%
Schizoid |||||||||||||| 58%
Schizotypal |||||| 22%
Antisocial |||||||||| 34%
Borderline |||| 18%
Histrionic |||||| 26%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 50%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 42%
Dependent |||||| 30%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 38%

I wonder if all those disorders can be measured by answering only 50 questions though...

Intriguing test!

Good for an overview where the major issues with one's personality may lie. The results certainly seem fitting of me.

Paranoid |||||||||||||||||| 78% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||| 70% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||||| 74% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||| 50% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||||| 70% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 46% 43%
Narcissistic |||||| 22% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||||| 74% 39%
Dependent |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||| 42% 40%

Personality Disorder Test Results

Paranoid |||||||||||| 46% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||| 58% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||| 34% 53%
Antisocial |||||| 30% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||||| 62% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 30% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 42% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||| 34% 39%
Dependent |||||| 26% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 34% 40%

I doubt it if after 50 questions one can tell but I'm paranoid anyway... :lol:
... schizoid and borderline, btw I was suspecting myself with borderline disorder for long time.

Smallwood said:
Intriguing test!

Good for an overview where the major issues with one's personality may lie. The results certainly seem fitting of me.

I found it quite good for a very general overiew. Now lets see if some of the mods will give it a go....

Paranoid |||||||||||||||||| 78% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 90% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||| 58% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||| 50% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 46% 43%
Narcissistic |||||| 22% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 39%
Dependent |||||| 30% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||| 54% 40%

Paranoid |||| 18% 49%
Schizoid |||||| 22% 53%
Schizotypal |||||| 22% 53%
Antisocial |||| 14% 47%
Borderline || 10% 47%
Histrionic |||| 18% 43%
Narcissistic |||| 18% 41%
Avoidant || 10% 39%
Dependent || 10% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||| 18% 40%

:cool2:

Ana said:

Paranoid |||| 18% 49%
Schizoid |||||| 22% 53%
Schizotypal |||||| 22% 53%
Antisocial |||| 14% 47%
Borderline || 10% 47%
Histrionic |||| 18% 43%
Narcissistic |||| 18% 41%
Avoidant || 10% 39%
Dependent || 10% 37%

:cool2:

nice! :grad:

Paranoid |||||||||||||||| 70% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 86% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||| 54% 53%
Antisocial |||| 18% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||| 50% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 26% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 42% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||| 62% 39%
Dependent |||||||||||| 46% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 34% 40%

I did the test again from the point of view of a Psychopathic colleague I work with; he had a 90% Histrionic Disorder, which describes him to the T.

Paranoid |||||||||| 38%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||| 70%
Schizotypal |||||||||| 34%
Antisocial |||||||||| 38%
Borderline |||||| 26%
Histrionic |||||| 26%
Narcissistic |||||| 30%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 46%
Dependent |||||| 22%
Obsessive-Compulsive||| 34%

Code:
Paranoid  	        ||||||||||||||  	  58%    49%
Schizoid   	       |||||||||||||||||||| 90% 	53%
Schizotypal          |||||||||||||||||||| 82% 	53%
Antisocial 	       |||||| 	           30% 	47%
Borderline 	       |||||||||| 	       38% 	47%
Histrionic 	       |||| 	             18% 	43%
Narcissistic         ||||||||||           38% 	41%
Avoidant 	         |||||| 	           30% 	39%
Dependent  	       ||||||||||||         42% 	37%
Obsessive-Compulsive ||||||||||||         42% 	40%

The Mechanic said:
I wonder if all those disorders can be measured by answering only 50 questions though...

No, which is why the thread was moved to the 'tickle me' section. ;)

Paranoid |||| 18% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||| 62% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 66% 53%
Antisocial |||||| 22% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||| 58% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 26% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||| 34% 41%
Avoidant |||||| 22% 39%
Dependent |||||||||| 38% 37%

What I found quite interesting was the note at the bottom from the author:
Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type. I think the remaining eight disorders are generally valid.

Just as a cursory survey, many people who have submitted their test results here have results on the higher end of the spectrum for schizoid. I would imagine that people from this forum (and possibly people who would seek out such a test in general, although I could be way off) might be more "intelligent" than average. At least, the sample seems to be self-selected a bit. FWIW, the whole thing is really just for fun anyway.

D Rusak said:
What I found quite interesting was the note at the bottom from the author:
Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type. I think the remaining eight disorders are generally valid.

Just as a cursory survey, many people who have submitted their test results here have results on the higher end of the spectrum for schizoid. I would imagine that people from this forum (and possibly people who would seek out such a test in general, although I could be way off) might be more "intelligent" than average. At least, the sample seems to be self-selected a bit. FWIW, the whole thing is really just for fun anyway.

Well, I might say-as Approaching Infinity pointed out to me- we are most likely talking about schizotypy because being schizoid is much more rigid:

Approaching Infinity said:
Biomast, something to consider, from wiki:

There are many similarities between the Schizotypal and Schizoid personalities. Most notable of the similarities is the inability to initiate or maintain relationships (both friendly and romantic). The difference between the two seems to be that those labeled as Schizotypal avoid social interaction because of a deep-seated fear of people. The schizoid individuals simply feel no desire to form relationships, because they quite literally see no point in sharing their time with others.

Basically, schizoid personality is a rigid personality structure, which it doesn't sound to me like you have. But schizoid traits are pretty normal in psychoneurotics. Modern diagnostics lumps all kinds of different people under the same label, even if they're essentially different.

My research on the schizotypal personality disorder led me to a video from Robert Sapolsky, an amazing neuroscientist from Stanford. He thinks(and there are many papers about the subject) that schizotypy is the mild form of schizophrenia and the evolutionary adaptation of such a trait is because of Shamanism. He claims shamans have mild schizotypy and they have visions at the right time, at the right place. He is strictly materialistic, so I am not sure what he means by that, but I found it interesting. Here is a picture about evolutionary framework of creativity taken from a scientific paper:

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2632450&rendertype=figure&id=fig1

Coincidentally today, there was an article about learning on SOTT:

By adapting more easily and learning quickly from mistakes, volunteers with a version of the so-called COMT gene known as Val/Val won more points than participants with a version of the gene called Met/Met.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/194752-Gene-Mutation-May-Speed-Learning

This polymorphism which has almost %50 allele frequency among a population(as far as I know) is one of the suspected causes of schizophrenia, though some claim it isn't too effective, but I think it probably contributes schizotypy to some extent. I wouldn't be surprised if all of us carry that gene polymorphism.

As for this thread, I can see it is for fun, but keep in mind that one should be careful when it comes to diagnosis and schizoid traits are normal for psychoneurotics, as AI puts it. I tried to do the test, but after all those change and little I's in me, I couldn't make it to fifth question.

Paranoid |||| 14% 49%
Schizoid |||||| 26% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||| 34% 53%
Antisocial |||||| 22% 47%
Borderline |||| 14% 47%
Histrionic |||| 18% 43%
Narcissistic |||||| 30% 41%
Avoidant || 10% 39%
Dependent |||||| 26% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 38% 40%

Quote from D Rusak:

Quote from test author:
Schizoid Personality Disorder - individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder - individual is uncomfortable in close relationships, has thought or perceptual distortions, and peculiarities of behavior.

High intelligence does seem to sometimes go along with some problems in social relationships, but not necessarily with the idea of a "narrow range of emotional expression". But the author is oversimplifying things imo when he states:
I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve.

Is it not possible in his mind that some of the most intelligent people in history had trouble functioning on an emotional level? The author is assuming cause and effect here. That is to say that emotional detachment goes hand in hand with intelligence and therefore is not a type of disorder. My brother and I have both been given intelligence tests and are right around the 135-140 range. I have never had trouble making friends or getting along socially (though I've had my share of problems) and he has always been socially awkward. Being smarter than average does not exempt you from possible personality flaws/pathology. I'd venture to say there are a great number of intelligent psychopaths. In fact, this is exactly how they often trick us, is it not?

As for the validity of the test, as was stated before... there is a reason it's in the tickle me section. :D

Back
Top Bottom