Let me show you this...Prayer Of The Soul to Music

This is good, for you to use your voices to try something like this! They sound good too.

Sometimes you just gotta be bold and try something you like and who knows where it will lead!

Let me add that I discovered it is a tough job doing recording. I decided today to post my recordings on the forum. In doing those, I got an appreciation that there is a lot to learn to get good at recording stuff. I have a ways to go.

Thread is:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14843.msg121683#msg121683

All the best
_Breton_

Great job! Both versions sound amazing. Listening to the songs reminds me of this quote (even if it may not be in the correct context)
C's said:
Some will find their creativity expanding and thus their ability to make more direct connections as a result of the practice!

Well, encorauged by your kind coments an with no intention of bore or bother you, i would like to show you another song i wrote after the influence of Cassiopaean proyect, it´s just a little silly tune, just me fooling around with the guitars and pop harmonies and trying to put in music and very simple words how i need to DO something, my absolute need to start the Work. I must warn you that my voice tends to sound a little like the Smurfs, i apologize if that results a little annoying for some of you...Uff :scared: ok, as the Monthy Python guys used to say, and now for something completely different:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dtm40omy3nm

Tykes said:
Well, encorauged by your kind coments an with no intention of bore or bother you, i would like to show you another song i wrote after the influence of Cassiopaean proyect, it´s just a little silly tune, just me fooling around with the guitars and pop harmonies and trying to put in music and very simple words how i need to DO something, my absolute need to start the Work. I must warn you that my voice tends to sound a little like the Smurfs, i apologize if that results a little annoying for some of you...Uff :scared: ok, as the Monthy Python guys used to say, and now for something completely different:

Well if someone doesn't like your voice they can choose not to listen, right? No problemo!

I thought that was really cool on the backup vocals: you mixed your own voice there, right? Very cool.

I love the idea of the song. There is nothing more central to my way of thinking these days than "life is lessons".

Suggestion: why not post your lyrics here, maybe it is a help to especially non-native English speakers to quickly grasp the song. I say this because my workmates and I have been pointing out to each other some of our favourite songs in our native tongue (mine is English) and we find that we have trouble grasping the song right away until we can see the text of the lyrics.

Megapode said:
Very inspiring POB and Tykes :rockon:

Indeed! Bravo! It would be nice if one day the POTS was in all kinds of different styles and types of music, available to everyone, and if it could help people get the message while having fun. Great idea. Keep'em coming, musicians! It's great to see all the creative work that the EE program and the FOTCM has inspired so far!

Thank you both for sharing your talents, they are inspiring song and I couldn't stop myself to sing along.

Posté par: Gawan
A chorus? That would be definitely fabulous.

My thought as well Gawan, wouldn't it be amazing.

Breton said:
Tykes said:

Well if someone doesn't like your voice they can choose not to listen, right? No problemo!

I thought that was really cool on the backup vocals: you mixed your own voice there, right? Very cool.

I love the idea of the song. There is nothing more central to my way of thinking these days than "life is lessons".

Suggestion: why not post your lyrics here, maybe it is a help to especially non-native English speakers to quickly grasp the song. I say this because my workmates and I have been pointing out to each other some of our favourite songs in our native tongue (mine is English) and we find that we have trouble grasping the song right away until we can see the text of the lyrics.
Hi, breton thank you!, yes you´re right. Actually i was thinking to post the lyrics for feedback purposes since i´m not a native English speaker, i think that if any member would like to make suggestions for the lyrics or the music that would be great, this is a network!, so please, if any of you guys wish to work on it go ahead! ;D. Here the Lyrics:

"Self Advice (All is lessons)"

The day you always were expecting for
At last has come so...
Excuses time has ended shut your mouth
But keep your eyes open Watch out!

Boy take care, this could be your last chance
Act your age, be a man
You´re on charge now
Life had just begun

Forget your cramps and toss the dice
Your chances are intact
No more tricks or dirty treats, listen
There´s no magic keys!

Boy take care...

Just do what you´ve learned
and if you do it well or if you fail it´s Ok
Cause ALL IS LESSONS
Then maybe one day
Getting more aware you´ll upgrade
Another day...

But try this day come on you lazy, damn it!
No more rest
So much years you´ve been asleep
You´ve lived an eternal dream

(Wake up, wake up)And now it´s time to awake
(sleepers awake) Stop of being that fake
Raise your head
Walk straight
Keep your guard high
Life had just begun

:)

Ailén said:
Indeed! Bravo! It would be nice if one day the POTS was in all kinds of different styles and types of music, available to everyone, and if it could help people get the message while having fun. Great idea. Keep'em coming, musicians! It's great to see all the creative work that the EE program and the FOTCM has inspired so far!

Here's a POTS in my own style. It's written in odd time signatures (7/8+5/8, 7/4, and plain 7/8) but I think it flows well. Let me know what you think!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ktmmtm10zbt

Geez Approaching Infinity, it flows very well for sure!, the odd rythmic patterns you use make it sounds so groovie, i like it so much. Until now we have this three different styles and counting. :cool:

Approaching Infinity said:
Here's a POTS in my own style. It's written in odd time signatures (7/8+5/8, 7/4, and plain 7/8) but I think it flows well. Let me know what you think!

I think it's great!! I love the changing pace of the song.

Heimdallr said:

Agreed! It is also quite catchy. I find myself humming the melody from time to time.

Keit said:
Heimdallr said:

Agreed! It is also quite catchy. I find myself humming the melody from time to time.

It is very good! I find that the style resembles a little the Cuban (or Latin American, more generally speaking) 'trova'. Here is an example from super star Silvio Rodriguez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mA7uyivl6E

It also reminded me of George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord', but more for the religious connotation than the style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wynYMJwEPH8

Back
Top Bottom