Show #38 - Dr. Aleta Edwards Interview: Fear of the Abyss

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday October 20th, 2013: Dr. Aleta Edwards Interview: Fear of the Abyss

This week on SOTT Talk Radio we’ll be talking to licensed clinical psychologist Dr. Aleta Edwards. Dr. Aleta graduated with honors form the Chicago School of Professional Psychology and is the author of the best-selling e-book Fear of the Abyss: Healing the Wounds of Shame and Perfectionism.

Through her many years of practice, Dr. Aleta has treated people with painful issues of perfectionism, shame, indecisiveness, control issues, and a fear of needing others. This constellation of issues kept appearing in a majority of her clients, regardless of gender, age, or cultural-ethic group.

Rather than solely focusing on coping with symptoms of these anxieties, she has helped people go inward, facing the specific fears that caused these symptoms. She has found that these painful symptoms--defensive in nature--would lessen considerably or simply vanish when the core issue was addressed.

Join us this Sunday October 20th from 2-4pm EST (8-10pm CET) as we discuss Dr. Aleta's important work and insights.

I found Dr. Edwards' book very helpful, leading to a lot of personal insights. I'm excited about this one!

I have been reading her book - it's excellent although it's taking me some time to complete because of the exercises.

Highly recommend the book and am so looking forward to the show. I gain so much more understanding of books by listening to the author speak.

Have really enjoyed hearing all of you discuss complex topics, it really has helped my comprehension. Often I have not even been aware of how much I have "missed" until I listen to the podcasts - you all do such a great job!!! Not to mention that your easy casual manner is very enjoyable!! :thup:

I am looking forward to this show as I was impressed by the ease in which she got to the core issues; a great book to recommend for any reason. Hearing authors like her (as with Lierre Keith) speak forms a greater connection with the work for me. :)

I'm so glad that you got her on the show! I've enjoyed her insightful book and several a couple of times. Oh, I wish that I don't have to wait for the transcript.

I've been interested in reading this book ever since I saw it discussed on the forum,
hopefully this interview will help me decide on buying it.

Psalehesost said:
For those who haven't seen the thread on the book:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28420.0.html

Thank you Psalehesost for this link! The thread is fantastic, a wonder precursor to the upcoming show!

I look forward to the Sott Radio show every Sunday. This will be another good one! :)

I can't find the chat room, or the tutorial on how to access it that was posted in one of the radio show threads, hint please?

parallel said:
I can't find the chat room, or the tutorial on how to access it that was posted in one of the radio show threads, hint please?

Do a refresh. It should appear.

Back
Top Bottom