Putin on TV: Documentaries and TV appearances by the Russian president

Re: The Unknown Vladimir Putin

Good grief, that CNN piece takes the propaganda cake, with all the authoritarians rolled out, trigger words, photo and video clips tied neatly together. Hillary say's "we do have serious concerns about the conduct of the election" (the Russian Election, not Hillary’s) - whereby U.S. hackers, CIA, and bags of U.S. currency tried to influence said Russian election. Thank god the Russian people can see through the real foreign shenanigans.

Today Putin attended the "Internationale Arktis-Forum" in Archangelsk and made a couple of interesting statements about "global warming".

It starts at minute 57:01

https://youtu.be/78IFWiA9rtI?t=57m1s

https://youtu.be/78IFWiA9rtI

Paraphasing here:

Basically he says that he will say something that is probably unpopular, namely that the warming already started at a point where it could hardly be blamed on humans, and that he believes the people who think that it is probably related more to global cycles or greater cosmic cycles. Further he basically says it is about "how we can adjust us to those cycles" and that we need more research on that and how people and local communities get adjusted and accustomed to the new things. And at the end he says "So probably those people who are not in agreement with the opponents, may not be at all silly" and that we should be able to listen to one another and find solutions.

Then at 01:03:39 Putin mentions that the datas on the ground show clearly that what is happening now in regards to carbohydrate concentrations, was happening thousand and even millions years ago, at a time when there were no humans. And finally he says "be aware that the eruption of several Vulcanos would be greater then man made impact on the environment, so we need to study these things".

My guess is that Putin and co. know much more about it, then they can admit at this point.

Pashalis said:
My guess is that Putin and co. know much more about it, then they can admit at this point.

Thanks for the link and will try and have a longer and better listen. However, yes, what you said seems to be so (maybe he has a translation of Pierre's book). Putin did talk about zero emissions in one part, yet he is strategic as he does point out what you referred to at 01:03:39 forward.

At around 01:07 the moderator, Geoff Cutmore, tries to take Putin away from the Arctic and climate into the topic of Trump, Ukraine, Crimea – later NATO, ISIS; which Putin responded to with great vigor, likely to the disappointment of Cutmore. I must say, when you give Putin a chance to respond, if in the West, be careful what you wish for as he is very good in public forms with ready information to counter or present.

I also see that just 12 hours ago, CNBC's Cutmore was again on camera following the above after Donald Jensen (Center for Transatlantic Relation) spoke - puffed. CNBC asked the usual silly leading questions, as did Cutmore directly with Putin originally. Here was CNBC's silly piece: _http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000606062 titled ‘Pro: Putin says a lot of things, and a lot is not true’

bjorn said:
I found this nice to watch.

Thanks for sharing! This is brilliant on several levels. Not only the journalist was purposefully provocative and didn't at all expect Putin to stop and defend his position. But it also shows that Putin may know English far better than he lets on, as he even helped his Press Secretary and interpreter, Peskov, who had trouble finding a proper word! Putin is certainly full of surprises. ;) And just a note, that this impromptu interview happened in 2014.

Keit said:
bjorn said:
I found this nice to watch.

Thanks for sharing! This is brilliant on several levels. Not only the journalist was purposefully provocative and didn't at all expect Putin to stop and defend his position. But it also shows that Putin may know English far better than he lets on, as he even helped his Press Secretary and interpreter, Peskov, who had trouble finding a proper word! Putin is certainly full of surprises. ;) And just a note, that this impromptu interview happened in 2014.

His patients with this so called "journalist" is also interesting. He faced a small petty tyrant there and managed to take the wind out of his sails, by staying calm and focused, although the "questions" from the "journalist" were more then a little provocative.

Is Putin the 'Preeminent Statesman' of Our Times?
http://www.unz.com/pbuchanan/is-putin-the-preeminent-statesman-of-our-times/

Pat Buchanan • March 31, 2017

“If we were to use traditional measures for understanding leaders, which involve the defense of borders and national flourishing, Putin would count as the preeminent statesman of our time.

“On the world stage, who could vie with him?”

So asks Chris Caldwell of the Weekly Standard in a remarkable essay in Hillsdale College’s March issue of its magazine, Imprimis. [How to Think About Vladimir Putin, March 2017]

What elevates Putin above all other 21st-century leaders?

“When Putin took power in the winter of 1999-2000, his country was defenseless. It was bankrupt. It was being carved up by its new kleptocratic elites, in collusion with its old imperial rivals, the Americans. Putin changed that.

“In the first decade of this century, he did what Kemal Ataturk had done in Turkey in the 1920s. Out of a crumbling empire, he resurrected a national-state, and gave it coherence and purpose. He disciplined his country’s plutocrats. He restored its military strength. And he refused, with ever blunter rhetoric, to accept for Russia a subservient role in an American-run world system drawn up by foreign politicians and business leaders. His voters credit him with having saved his country.”

Putin’s approval rating, after 17 years in power, exceeds that of any rival Western leader. But while his impressive strides toward making Russia great again explain why he is revered at home and in the Russian diaspora, what explains Putin’s appeal in the West, despite a press that is every bit as savage as President Trump’s?

Answer: Putin stands against the Western progressive vision of what mankind’s future ought to be. Years ago, he aligned himself with traditionalists, nationalists and populists of the West, and against what they had come to despise in their own decadent civilization.

What they abhorred, Putin abhorred. He is a God-and-country Russian patriot. He rejects the New World Order established at the Cold War’s end by the United States. Putin puts Russia first.

And in defying the Americans he speaks for those millions of Europeans who wish to restore their national identities and recapture their lost sovereignty from the supranational European Union. Putin also stands against the progressive moral relativism of a Western elite that has cut its Christian roots to embrace secularism and hedonism.

The U.S. establishment loathes Putin because, they say, he is an aggressor, a tyrant, a “killer.” He invaded and occupies Ukraine. His old KGB comrades assassinate journalists, defectors and dissidents.

Yet while politics under both czars and commissars has often been a blood sport in Russia, what has Putin done to his domestic enemies to rival what our Arab ally Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has done to the Muslim Brotherhood he overthrew in a military coup in Egypt?

What has Putin done to rival what our NATO ally President Erdogan has done in Turkey, jailing 40,000 people since last July’s coup — or our Philippine ally Rodrigo Duterte, who has presided over the extrajudicial killing of thousands of drug dealers?

Does anyone think President Xi Jinping would have handled mass demonstrations against his regime in Tiananmen Square more gingerly than did President Putin this last week in Moscow?

Much of the hostility toward Putin stems from the fact that he not only defies the West, when standing up for Russia’s interests, he often succeeds in his defiance and goes unpunished and unrepentant.

He not only remains popular in his own country, but has admirers in nations whose political establishments are implacably hostile to him.

In December, one poll found 37 percent of all Republicans had a favorable view of the Russian leader, but only 17 percent were positive on President Barack Obama.

There is another reason Putin is viewed favorably. Millions of ethnonationalists who wish to see their nations secede from the EU see him as an ally. While Putin has openly welcomed many of these movements, America’s elite do not take even a neutral stance.

Putin has read the new century better than his rivals. While the 20th century saw the world divided between a Communist East and a free and democratic West, new and different struggles define the 21st.

The new dividing lines are between social conservatism and self-indulgent secularism, between tribalism and transnationalism, between the nation-state and the New World Order.

On the new dividing lines, Putin is on the side of the insurgents. Those who envision de Gaulle’s Europe of Nations replacing the vision of One Europe, toward which the EU is heading, see Putin as an ally.

So the old question arises: Who owns the future?

In the new struggles of the new century, it is not impossible that Russia — as was America in the Cold War — may be on the winning side. Secessionist parties across Europe already look to Moscow rather than across the Atlantic.

“Putin has become a symbol of national sovereignty in its battle with globalism,” writes Caldwell. “That turns out to be the big battle of our times. As our last election shows, that’s true even here.”

This is a bit unrelated to this topic but I had none where else to really put it:

Russian Farmers Protest For Keeping Sanctions Against EU & USA And Start Feeding China

https://youtu.be/LjrV18bQrPo

The title tells the full story more or less. Even scantions can work in Putin's favor. I must say that I am kind of glad that those scantions have been put in place. Russia can now fully focus on developing it's own food-supply. Something that may proof itself to be very important in the future.

Putin on mayor elections: Russia is multionational country, one size doesn't fit all (1 min)

https://youtu.be/hQeqBksOmQA

Multicultural society seems to be working just fine in Russia. That happens when you don't try to sabotage such a society through a 'clash of civilizations.'

Putin sings and plays the piano accompanied by world stars :wow:

https://youtu.be/Jk7ou8Wc654

:clap: :headbanger: :rockon:

"Spectators of a charity concert in St. Petersburg enjoyed a unique musical intervention interpreted by Russian (then) Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. In addition to the Russian Prime Minister, the charity was attended by a large number of world stars such as Sharon Stone, Monica Bellucci, Goldie Hawn, Mickey Rourke, Kurt Russell and Alain Delon."

On the anniversary of Ho Chi Minh's birth, his former bodyguard shares a story about Vladimir Putin's trip to Hanoi, in which the Russian President got acquainted with the first leader of independent Vietnam and invited his former bodyguard to Russia.

How Ho Chi Minh's Bodyguard Became a Personal Guest of President Putin
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705191053795910-hochiminh-putin-bodyguard-guest/

May 19 marks the anniversary of Ho Chi Minh, the first President of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam who was born on that day in 1890.

Having led the communist-dominated independence movement Viet Minh in its battle against Japanese occupation during World War Two, Ho Chi Minh declared independence from French colonial rule in 1945 and resisted France's attempts to regain control of its former colony.

In 1954, after Vietnam was partitioned into North and South during peace talks in Geneva, he became President of North Vietnam and continued his efforts to reunite the country. After his death in 1969, a guerilla war against the US-backed South Vietnam government continued until 1975, when the North took control of the South and its capital Saigon, which was renamed Ho Chi Minh City.

Remembering Ho Chi Minh on his birthday, his former bodyguard Tran Viet Hoan told Sputnik Vietnam a story about the memory of the leader known as Uncle Ho, involving Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"On a visit to Vietnam in February 2001, Russian President Vladimir Putin became the first high-ranking foreign guest of the 21st century to visit the memorial sites of Hanoi which are associated with the first President of independent Vietnam. The Russian President left a note in the visitors' book," Tran said.

"He wrote, 'It was genuinely interesting for me to find out about the life of a great teacher of the Vietnamese people, a man whose name is inscribed in world history.'"

"Back then I was the director of the Ho Chi Minh Museum and I personally had the opportunity to guide the Russian President. Before saying goodbye, he asked me a question."

"Did you ever meet Uncle Ho in person?
told him that it was a great honor for me to serve as a personal bodyguard of Ho Chi Minh in the last years of his life. When the President passed away, the state and the people entrusted me with the great honor of guarding his body."

"This touched the Russian President very much, and he … invited me, my wife and two other companions to visit Russia, saying that we could fly out on his plane that day! I was sincerely grateful to the Russian President, but I replied that it's impossible to go right away, I need to get permission from the authorities."

"Then, the Russian President instructed the Russian Ambassador to Hanoi to work with the Russian Ministry of Culture to plan our stay in Russia. In January 2002, our small group went to Russia at the personal invitation of President Putin. When we arrived, we were greeted by the deputy culture minister."

"Of course, there were a lot of great people who guarded Ho Chi Minh, but I happened to be the one that the Russian President personally invited to visit his country and I consider this to be the second most important honor I have received. Thanks to the Russian President, my wife got the chance to learn a lot about the great country of Russia. My loved ones and I will always remember this trip," Tran Viet Hoan concluded.

The Putin Interviews | Teaser Trailer | Oliver Stone & Vladimir Putin SHOWTIME Documentary

https://youtu.be/BrBoj760aD8
Published on May 1, 2017
Oliver Stone asks Vladimir Putin, "Why did Russia hack the election?" Don't miss The Putin Interviews, a four-night event beginning June 12th at 9PM ET/PT.

Putin knew what to do! His first interview, 2000

https://youtu.be/EjU8Fg3NFmo
Published on Sep 5, 2016
On New Year's Eve, 1999, Putin succeeded the Russian Presidency from Boris Yeltsin. This is his first interview inside the Kremlin.
For current affairs, translations and analysis, check out http://www.Fort-Russ.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Putin predicts the Islamic State, 1999

https://youtu.be/LtYD7hMk09Q
ISIS, or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (Daesh) is not a novel phenomenon. It is a salafi-jihadist cult, propped up by the Saudi state and seasoned with US dollars. It achieves certain foreign policy objectives, and is largely out in the open in the modern day. Russia has previously fought off its predecessor- Al Qaeda. Both of the Chechen wars of the 1990s were funded and aided by Saudi Arabia and the US. NGOs such as Medicins Sans Frontiers were documented to have been smuggling supplies to the Chechen rebels, at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives on both sides of the conflict.

On New Year’s Eve 1999, Vladimir Putin would inherit the Russian presidency. With it, he inherited a very damaged and weary country. Given that the previous President, Boris Yeltsin, was in no physical state to rule – it is evident that Putin’s work started long before his inauguration. In the 1990s and early 2000s, Russia was plagued by horrific acts of terrorism (Beslan, Nord-ost, etc), which in Western media were packaged as acts of “Chechen freedom fighters."

Should the rebels prevail, Putin envisaged the extensive loss of Russia’s territories and the possibility of an ‘Islamic State’. Not only was the Russian government successful in their military campaign, despite a crumbling economy at the time, but they were able to mend ties with Chechen leaders, who today staunchly oppose radical Islam. With this understanding in mind, Putin's decision to engage in the 2015 Syrian campaign was completely logical. He knows where it leads and doing nothing is not an option.

Russia has cut off the group’s revenue (illegal oil extraction, freely taking place under the ‘Western alliance’), and disrupted the partitioning of Syria. It curbed the creation of an extremist 'Islamic State', with the self-proclaimed 'ISIS capital' in Raqqa.

The 'jihadist breeding programme' in Syria was almost identical to the one in Chechnya. Having paid a very high price in the 1990s, Russia will never again fight jihadists on its own soil. However, will Europe?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c.a. said:
The Putin Interviews | Teaser Trailer | Oliver Stone & Vladimir Putin SHOWTIME Documentary

https://youtu.be/BrBoj760aD8
Published on May 1, 2017
Oliver Stone asks Vladimir Putin, "Why did Russia hack the election?" Don't miss The Putin Interviews, a four-night event beginning June 12th at 9PM ET/PT.

I'm very much looking forward to this one! It is promoted as a historic interview series, that sheds quite some light on Putins genius struggle with the PTB. Couldn't find out how long each part of the four parts will be. But if we count an half our for each night, it is already 2 hours of interviews with him. If each is 1 hour long, we have 4 hours of material! :cheer:

Here is what Putin really said last week about the schizophrenic state of the politics in the US and about the Lavrov
"conspiracy":

https://youtu.be/SHMjby5HEeg

Political schizophrenics describes the situation really well and there isn't much left to actually specify it as psychopathic.

Back
Top Bottom