Halitosis/ foul breath

Michal

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi,

I have seen some descriptions of foul smell from the mouth / smelly breath but it does not link to my case I guess.

My bad breath is not having actone smell. My wife is telling me that my breath smells like dog's mouth.

I have checked my teeth and they are fine from outside. Scan of roots of my teeth is also fine although I have strong suspicion that it may be small inflammation of one of my wisdom teeth penetrating to my sinsuses. Anyway smell is with me longer than my sinuses problem. I had sinusitis last year twice. On one X-ray taken just in the beginning of inflammation it looked like that whitish area starts from the lower nasal sinus just in way of penetration of one of my tooth into sinus.

Few days ago my wife told me that my breath was smelling like a poo. Great :-[. One of my uncles who is now passed away had also as long as I remember foul smell from his mouth and when we were kids we cold him "Poo" because of this. I am sure that this smell is not related to teeth from outside because when I wash them, the smell is still there although not that intense mixed with smell of tooth paste.

I have small inflammation in my nose - constantly some yellowish / greenish mucous (slime?).
Sometimes I see also some small traces of blood when I wipe my nose. I thought that maybe blood staying inside for longer time is rotting and produces this awful smell? Other thing is inflammation which I do not have idea what could be the cause. I eat keto diet for almost 2 years now. I have eliminated gluten, dairy, vegetables. ... Maybe I should try more strict elimination? For example I do my own ghee which is for sure not 100% clear of dairy.
I also eat broccoli and sourkraut from time to time.

Did some of You had bad breath and resolved it?
Please share. Your opinions welcome.

Re: Bad breath / foul smell from the mouth / odour from the mouth

Try flossing, gently, after every meal and dip the floss in to hydrogen peroxide first, then brush very gently with a soft toothbrush using hp and baking soda.

I can recommend the rinsing of the mouth with colloidal silver. You can take it internally as well if you have inflammation.

Waterpik every day and find out what foods are causing inflammation by inflammation.

shellycheval said:
Try flossing, gently, after every meal and dip the floss in to hydrogen peroxide first, then brush very gently with a soft toothbrush using hp and baking soda.

Hi shellycheval,
What is hp?

I could only recommend flossing the teeth as shellycheval wrote since meat can develop nasty breath if it sticks between the teeth over a longer period, though I don't know if you are already using something like that and if this would be the reason for it. Tooth picks itself can be too rough for that job but also depends on your teeth.

Mikel said:
shellycheval said:

Hi shellycheval,
What is hp?

I guess she meant hydrogen peroxide.

Hi,

Thanks for quick replies.
I am flossing my teeth from time to time. Now more regularly. My gums are sensitive and usually after flossing there is some blood coming after. I was not using hydrogene peroxide yet. Waterpik - I am going to try that out. Colloidal silver - was using it already for some time few years back but have not felt any difference. Can try one more. I will start with hp (thanks Gawan for translation) because it the cheapest advise.
Waterpik is expensive but is not one use only and if my family may use it by only changing "nozzles" this could be fine. By the way are You using it Yourself Laura? I guess it is softer than softest tooth brush?
Elimination is one more thing to try.

Greetings
Michal

You say you have a greenish yellow mucous in your nose. That sounds like a bacterial infection which through nose to mouth could give you bad breath. I say this because this was the case for me once. I never did see a doctor about it and it eventually went away on its own.

Rather than brushing with Bicarbonate of Soda, i prefer to take a a lidded jar, put a few spoons of bi carb, a couple of drops of clove essential oil (or tea tree) onto it. Shake.
The mixture will be powder and each time you 'brush' you can start with a 'mouthwash' of this powder - put it on your toothbrush, 'brush lightly' and once it's distributed around, take a mouthfull of water and swill for a few minutes. This will at least kill the bacteria and clove is good with teeth.

Clove can be very strong so best to make sure it's like 1 drop for every table spoon of bicarb. You can even add sea salt, or just gargle with that. Sea salt is suppsed to be very healing and cleansing in mouth.

Brush as normal after this and i then follow with a quick brush and swill (for like 5 minutes, pushing and pulling it through teeth) with coconut oil.

It seems true that more importantly finding the cause of the inflammation is most important. The Keto diet is helping me massively with inflammation.

I do variations of the above, and have found it useful, i think the coconut oil is probably most effective, though it seems to take a while to work, perhaps it gentler, but it's also healing where some treatments are only about killing all living matter.

'Paleohacks posted the following in a newsletter (today) you might be familiar, but seems worth posting:
Introducing the Coconut Oil Pulling Method:

Modern naturopathic practitioners are joining with ancient Ayurvedic health practitioners in an understanding of just how powerful a detoxification and healing tool oil pulling really is.

Although coconut oil is not the only oil that can be used to oil pull (others include sesame, sunflower and olive), I'm a big fan of its long list of health-promoting properties (for both oil pulling and/or coconut oil ingestion), listed below:

• Antibacterial—stops bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks.
• Anticarcinogenic—keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity.
• Antifungal—destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast.
• Anti-inflammatory—suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue.
• Antimicrobial—inactivates harmful microbes and fights infection.
• Antioxidant—protects from free radical damage.
• Antiparasitic—can help rid the body of tapeworms and other parasites.
• Anti-protozoa—kills protozoan infection in the gut.
• Antiviral—helps to kill dangerous viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis and more.

Some positive side effects of oil pulling may include the following:

• Overall strengthening of teeth, gums and jaw
• Plaque prevention
• Prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
• Prevention of cavities and diseases such as gingivitis
• Prevention of lip, mouth and throat dryness
• Possible remedy for jaw soreness and TMJ
• Relief of migraine headache
• Hormone imbalance correction
• Inflammation reduction
• Support of normal kidney function
• Relief from sinus congestion
• Relief from eczema
• Improved vision
• Pain reduction
• Aids in detoxification
• Helps with insomnia

Follow these instructions to perform the oil pulling method:

1. Oil pulling should be done on an empty stomach (preferably first thing in the morning)

2. Use one tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil – you may want to start with ½ tablespoon and work your way up to a tablespoon.

3. Swish the oil around in your mouth slowly and be sure that the oil reaches all parts of your mouth – do not swallow.

4. Swish for five to ten minutes. Try to work up to twenty minutes if you can.

5. Spit out all of the oil when you are done and rinse your mouth with water.

6. Brush with a natural toothpaste afterwards.

I have personally noticed that my teeth feel much stronger, cleaner, and my breath definitely feels fresher (especially in the morning!)

Daily oil pulling with organic coconut oil along with consuming a healthy diet, getting plenty of exercise and sleep will help your body stay sharp and ready to defend the onslaught of toxins you face each day.

And you might just blow your dentists mind the next time you see him!

Not only is coconut oil a great oral health and detox tool, its other benefits will amaze you...

davey72 said:
You say you have a greenish yellow mucous in your nose. That sounds like a bacterial infection which through nose to mouth could give you bad breath. I say this because this was the case for me once. I never did see a doctor about it and it eventually went away on its own.

Have you ever tried a neti pot, Mikel? It's used to flush out your nasal passages and clear out "slime", as you call it. You don't actually need a neti pot (but you can use it if you get your hands on one), you can use a syringe with colloidal silver or diluted DMSO (with distilled or RO water, never tap water) and flush out your nose. See this link for more info: _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot.

How long have you had the congestion and is that correspond with the time that your wife complained about your breath?

And as others have said before, take a good look at your diet and what may be causing the inflammation.

One of my brothers some years ago had his wisdom tooth removed, and they found he had puss accumulated there, so it could be that.

another possibility, I have heard (no evidence or reference on this) is that allethosis is caused by the Liver or Liver imbalances.

Yet another one would be, taking into account that it might be a genetic thing, is that, I was thinking on the shape of the bones, and the air that comes in , the ventilation on ones mouth.
the reason I though about this is because there were some instances I realized that dry saliva gave me bad breath, and also the way my mouth shape is, same reason why different people have different effect on their voice aside from the vocal cords. So my mouth gets dry quick and gives that particular smell (this is a speculation of mine based on what I noticed)

though I do think that If it is a strong smell, It has to do with the digestive system more than the maxofacial cavity.

Mikel said:
Hi,

Thanks for quick replies.
I am flossing my teeth from time to time. Now more regularly. My gums are sensitive and usually after flossing there is some blood coming after. I was not using hydrogene peroxide yet. Waterpik - I am going to try that out. Colloidal silver - was using it already for some time few years back but have not felt any difference. Can try one more. I will start with hp (thanks Gawan for translation) because it the cheapest advise.
Waterpik is expensive but is not one use only and if my family may use it by only changing "nozzles" this could be fine. By the way are You using it Yourself Laura? I guess it is softer than softest tooth brush?
Elimination is one more thing to try.

Yes, I use my waterpik every day. It's better than floss or toothpicks.

Also, I received the following yesterday from the paleohacks website that you might like to try:

Today I've got a very interesting 'trick' that I've been doing for a few weeks now - that can dramatically improve your health.

Let's face it, we are exposed to an alarming amount of toxins on a daily basis.

In fact, every time I walk into my apartment building, I'm greeted by a sign that says:

WARNING: Products used in this building contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Beyond that, there's BPA that lines our canned goods...

Pesticides that are sprayed on seemingly anything alive...

Even though you may try to live as chemical-free a life as possible, sneaky sources of dangerous metals are everywhere, even in 'all natural' products that fool consumers into believing these ingredients are safe. (FYI: the FDA has no strict definition for what "all natural" is and isn't)

Over time, high concentrations of metals build up in our systems and can lead to a wide variety of conditions, including, but not limited to:

* Anemia
* Dizziness
* Fatigue
* Dry skin
* Joint or muscle aches
* Loss of appetite
* Blood pressure issues
* Nausea
* Vitamin and mineral deficiencies

Try as you may, there's just no getting around the obscene amounts of toxins we are exposed to daily.

Introducing the Coconut Oil Pulling Method:

Modern naturopathic practitioners are joining with ancient Ayurvedic health practitioners in an understanding of just how powerful a detoxification and healing tool oil pulling really is.

Although coconut oil is not the only oil that can be used to oil pull (others include sesame, sunflower and olive), I'm a big fan of its long list of health-promoting properties (for both oil pulling and/or coconut oil ingestion), listed below:

* Antibacterial * stops bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks.
* Anticarcinogenic * keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity.
* Antifunga * destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast.
* Anti-inflammatory * suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue.
* Antimicrobial * inactivates harmful microbes and fights infection.
* Antioxidant * protects from free radical damage.
* Antiparasiti * can help rid the body of tapeworms and other parasites.
* Anti-protozoa * kills protozoan infection in the gut.
* Antivira * helps to kill dangerous viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis and more.

Some positive side effects of oil pulling may include the following:

* Overall strengthening of teeth, gums and jaw
* Plaque prevention
* Prevention of halitosis (bad breath)
* Prevention of cavities and diseases such as gingivitis
* Prevention of lip, mouth and throat dryness
* Possible remedy for jaw soreness and TMJ
* Relief of migraine headache
* Hormone imbalance correction
* Inflammation reduction
* Support of normal kidney function
* Relief from sinus congestion
* Relief from eczema
* Improved vision
* Pain reduction
* Aids in detoxification
* Helps with insomnia

Follow these instructions to perform the oil pulling method:

1. Oil pulling should be done on an empty stomach (preferably first thing in the morning)

2. Use one tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil * you may want to start with ½ tablespoon and work your way up to a tablespoon.

3. Swish the oil around in your mouth slowly and be sure that the oil reaches all parts of your mouth * do not swallow.

4. Swish for five to ten minutes. Try to work up to twenty minutes if you can.

5. Spit out all of the oil when you are done and rinse your mouth with water.

6. Brush with a natural toothpaste afterwards.

I have personally noticed that my teeth feel much stronger, cleaner, and my breath definitely feels fresher (especially in the morning!)

Daily oil pulling with organic coconut oil along with consuming a healthy diet, getting plenty of exercise and sleep will help your body stay sharp and ready to defend the onslaught of toxins you face each day.

And you might just blow your dentists mind the next time you see him!

Not only is coconut oil a great oral health and detox tool, its other benefits will amaze you...

http://www.thealternativedaily.com/alerts/coconutoilsecret/special.php?subid=paleo68

I have a problem with a bad breath also. I'm using dental floss after every meal, but the problem still remains. I will try with the organic coconut oil now, to see what it can do when put into practice for some time, and then will probably buy waterpik as it seems that it's a real solution. Thanks to all for the info.

From what I understand, bad breath usually has a lot to do with the tongue and the tonsils, and focusing just on the teeth won't achieve much. I found this site which seems to have good information: _http://www.breathmd.com/sitemap.php

[/size]

Carlisle said:
From what I understand, bad breath usually has a lot to do with the tongue and the tonsils, and focusing just on the teeth won't achieve much. I found this site which seems to have good information: _http://www.breathmd.com/sitemap.php

Another issue can be digestion. If you eat the wrong diet and don't digest your food properly, it rots in the stomach and the gases rise to the throat.

Back
Top Bottom