Session 14 October 2017

I've just read an article that talks about this big problem of modern time, attention deficit. He is an excerpt:

Overloaded Circuits: Why Smart People Underperform

David, Jane, and Mike aren’t crazy, but they’re certainly crazed. Their experience is becoming the norm for overworked managers who suffer—like many of your colleagues, and possibly like you—from a very real but unrecognized neurological phenomenon that I call attention deficit trait, or ADT. Caused by brain overload, ADT is now epidemic in organizations. The core symptoms are distractibility, inner frenzy, and impatience. People with ADT have difficulty staying organized, setting priorities, and managing time. These symptoms can undermine the work of an otherwise gifted executive. If David, Jane, Mike, and the millions like them understood themselves in neurological terms, they could actively manage their lives instead of reacting to problems as they happen.

As a psychiatrist who has diagnosed and treated thousands of people over the past 25 years for a medical condition called attention deficit disorder, or ADD (now known clinically as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder), I have observed firsthand how a rapidly growing segment of the adult population is developing this new, related condition. The number of people with ADT coming into my clinical practice has mushroomed by a factor of ten in the past decade. Unfortunately, most of the remedies for chronic overload proposed by time-management consultants and executive coaches do not address the underlying causes of ADT.

Unlike ADD, a neurological disorder that has a genetic component and can be aggravated by environmental and physical factors, ADT springs entirely from the environment. Like the traffic jam, ADT is an artifact of modern life. It is brought on by the demands on our time and attention that have exploded over the past two decades. As our minds fill with noise—feckless synaptic events signifying nothing—the brain gradually loses its capacity to attend fully and thoroughly to anything.

The symptoms of ADT come upon a person gradually. The sufferer doesn’t experience a single crisis but rather a series of minor emergencies while he or she tries harder and harder to keep up. Shouldering a responsibility to “suck it up” and not complain as the workload increases, executives with ADT do whatever they can to handle a load they simply cannot manage as well as they’d like. The ADT sufferer therefore feels a constant low level of panic and guilt. Facing a tidal wave of tasks, the executive becomes increasingly hurried, curt, peremptory, and unfocused, while pretending that everything is fine.

To control ADT, we first have to recognize it. And control it we must, if we as individuals and organizational leaders are to be effective.

Attention Deficit Cousins

To understand the nature and treatment of ADT, it’s useful to know something of its cousin, ADD.

Usually seen as a learning disability in children, ADD also afflicts about 5% of the adult population. Researchers using MRI scans have found that people with ADD suffer a slightly diminished volume in four specific brain regions that have various functions such as modulating emotion (especially anger and frustration) and assisting in learning. One of the regions, made up of the frontal and prefrontal lobes, generates thoughts, makes decisions, sets priorities, and organizes activities. While the medications used to treat ADD don’t change the anatomy of the brain, they alter brain chemistry, which in turn improves function in each of the four regions and so dramatically bolsters the performance of ADD sufferers.

ADD confers both disadvantages and advantages. The negative characteristics include a tendency to procrastinate and miss deadlines. People with ADD struggle with disorganization and tardiness; they can be forgetful and drift away mentally in the middle of a conversation or while reading. Their performance can be inconsistent: brilliant one moment and unsatisfactory the next. ADD sufferers also tend to demonstrate impatience and lose focus unless, oddly enough, they are under stress or handling multiple inputs. (This is because stress leads to the production of adrenaline, which is chemically similar to the medications we use to treat ADD.)

(...)

Attention deficit trait is characterized by ADD’s negative symptoms. Rather than being rooted in genetics, however, ADT is purely a response to the hyperkinetic environment in which we live. Indeed, modern culture all but requires many of us to develop ADT. Never in history has the human brain been asked to track so many data points. Everywhere, people rely on their cell phones, e-mail, and digital assistants in the race to gather and transmit data, plans, and ideas faster and faster.

https://hbr.org/2005/01/overloaded-circuits-why-smart-people-underperform

Thanks a lot for the session and your thoughts, Laura, on these chaotic energies. It's very helpful.

I have been feeling very dizzy these past few weeks. Also, I have been feeling very depressed and out of sorts, much more than usual. Taking some time off in my FIR blanket while reading literature or non-fiction does help, so does meditation, gardening, crocheting and so on.

A few weeks ago I had a dream in which the world or whatever it was was burning right before my eyes. I didn't get burnt and all I had to do in order to be safe was step away, which I did. I have noticed a lot of chaotic energies in the town where I live. People screaming, shouting, throwing stuff, very weird behaviour, sometimes it is directed at myself, but nothing serious, although disconcerting. I have friends who seem to have bought into some crazy paranoid conspiracy theories, but my dream and some sort of premonition the following day and networking about this issue helped me to steer clear of them.

When I walk into town I have to cross a bridge which I dread every time I have to go to town. Keeping an eye on other people does help, but there is definitely something in the air which leaves me wary. At the same time I am trying to keep a close eye on my thoughts and behaviour, which makes life considerably easier as I am gaining more control over my horses, or so I hope.

Laura said:
nature said:
Thank you, Ellipse :)
I just read that thread, and it's clear now.
I also wondered if training focus and attention was another tool besides meditation. In fact, no. Meditation suffices, if I don't mistake.

Wrong.

Yeah, you need both. Firstly, you need attention to do meditation. Secondly, you need to pay attention in your every day life to not live in lalalaland.

Ellipse said:
Laura said:
nature said:
I also wondered if training focus and attention was another tool besides meditation. In fact, no. Meditation suffices, if I don't mistake.

Wrong.

Yeah, you need both. Firstly, you need attention to do meditation. Secondly, you need to pay attention in your every day life to not live in lalalaland.

Active second order thinking is necessary; that is, thinking about thinking; meditation is stopping thinking.

Laura said:
Ellipse said:
Laura said:
nature said:

Wrong.

Active second order thinking is necessary; that is, thinking about thinking;

Ie: thinking with a hammer, all the while reminding yourself that "you cannot think about the way you think with the way you (usually) think." :shock:

« Reply #273 from Laura on: October 27, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »

"Since you have proposed this idea, from your own head, tell us what qualifies you to propose it?"

-------------------- ------------------------ ----------------------

Returning to the subject of reply.

The proper nourishment of the body and spirit must be an essential part of any person and still more of those who consider themselves "masters".

you can read 50 scientific books, or talk about various topics with eminent scientists, but nothing happens if your body / mind is not prepared not only to understand but to check whether those issues are true or verifiable and applicable to daily life or 3D, to transcend it

There are things that we know are essential, nature itself makes it known to each one and we should not pretend or appear deaf and believe that nature is mute.

I am not "scientific" and I put it in quotation marks because I do not know if the definition or definitions of the word SCIENCE is correct or rather if it serves to express certain things properly. Here it could be said that words can become a kind of small programming.

Apart from these doubts, the ideas one expresses may come by checking what is being expressed or by the so-called intuition, in addition to an interaction of the two resulting in a third element.

Are they formed in the brain or out of it? or simply a part of the brain receives it or maybe that invisible but powerful threads are interrelated by canceling time and space.

And here we can add something very about the subject: what is happening in your brain or around when you are contacting the Cs., Somehow you are operating your memory chromosomes in a kind of quantum manifestation of those chromosomes each of us inherits and because of this genetic memory / individual memory chromosomes, it is the way one can respond to questions that are formulated or expressed.

Laura said:
Felipe4 said:
I have a theory of my own that the personality is the interface between the mind and the body, the software, and the result of the conglomeration of systems.. I had to leave a post on draft because this idea may be incomplete...

The personality is partly the interface between the mind and body and the interface point is largely the brain which is why it is so important to understand the brain and its operations as deeply as possible. Much of the personality is programmed reactions and very often, these can be changed. See Dabrowski on that.
It makes alot more sense to put the brain at the interjection.

As I understand personality is as if everyone was a "blank canvas" and we have different "bodies" or systems, the body, the biochemistry, the psychology and each "body" has a configuration, which in turn form the personality as a psychic structure to operate from which then forms perception

We then are not a "blank canvas" we are a configuration and specific organization of all these factors, Each standing at a different level relative to the functions they carry.

At the end we are left with perception, what we perceive is the result of all those systems configured passively and access actively though the brain functions of attention, imagination, calculation, reasoning, memory , sensing etc.

Our personality is a configuration of those systems, but it makes more sense to understand it as rooted neurological pathways in response to a stimuli (sometimes the stimuli is created by us through programs in which case we would have a loop mechanism of self draining properties) the energy literally is exhausted in creating a scenario and breaking it and recreating it, like a loop of chain reaction of a thought evoking an emotion which evokes another thought

Our perception seems to me like the integration of the personality (the result of all these pre-configured factors) and active brain functions such as sensing , reasoning, imagination, attention. this is also a configuration but at the level of conscious and active functions.

While reading about savants, it came to me the idea that we "select details" we are constantly receiving information from the environment, though our attention only focus on certain details, so the personality seems to have a translator function between the information we get , what we process , what the brain translates and interpret to us and what is stored in the subconscious. It is like a filter, so if we are the result of certain configuration of different systems, it means that what we filter and process through these mechanisms is a transmutation of information in the end with our own characteristics and signature.

Some people see an object and see one thing and another sees the same object and see and feels another thing, this processing of information throws a product, and contains a significance to each person, the object being observed becomes part object and part subject.

I think this is the reason why we can access the signature of another person in the information field. It is not a physical thing, it is a thought that is sort of alive.. and we have the perceptual mechanisms to access them. We can recognize the "scent" that a person leaves behind.

Some things in the body are by necessity a rule, (unless a mayor mutation) we know that the head goes on top of the neck and that muscles cover our bones which is coded in our DNA, but there are things such as chemical , behavioral and cognitive potentials that can be altered epigenetiaclly. and these sections are constantly influenced by experiences and environmental factors, that is another important point, how epigenetic factors transcribe in the genetic code and which of those are and What are the things we can change.

I had the idea that we have access to these levels of one's being because in my theory , we would have a biological counterpart to in our perception and viceversa, meaning that if we have a problem at a certain level such as an emotional loop or a illness we could influence or at least access those levels of the self in our perception and channeling the correct attention. In theory that would be possible. The question is how. My idea is that through a process of internal reconfiguration, and that of course implies that we have sufficient awareness of the factors involved and how these factors are reflected in our perception, how they feel, and what they are.

This seemed to me to fit with the idea that souls accommodate to host vessels, meaning that this "energy" accepts the biological configuration which in turns and by necessity requires implicitly "needs" such as feeding, but this is far from being a black and white polarization business in the snese that there are man forms of feeding, specially at the energetic/emotional level.

I am working from this standpoint more or less, and I am trying to re-draw and re-formulate things as I go along, what is happening now with all of this feels like a wave of information just coming and coming and washing everything.

SeekinTruth said:
Wow, what a series of weird events in France! Stay safe, everyone. :hug2:

I got sick in the last week for the first time in about 8 years. Woke up with my throat on fire and very stuffed nose two mornings in a row. The first day, it slowly went away. The next morning it was even worse, so I started taking lots of colloidal silver and vitamin C. I felt pretty horrible on and off, but wasn't running a fever (even though it felt like it at times). I've been getting over it little by little over the last couple of days (still have really thick goo blowing out of my nose and coughing up some mucus).

Last few months, I've been grieving my mother's death and it's been very intense. When my dad passed in 2011, it was much more intermittent (the overwhelming grief) whereas with my mom's passing, it's been much more concentrated. With my dad, it lasted a couple of years of still having the process complete. I'm wondering how long grieving for my mom will last.

With the loss of your mom it is natural that that your immune system would wind-down somewhat (and other reasons), of course being commensurate with the grieving process - and it will take time ST. As for both your parents, I don't share the loss situation in my life with respect to the process you describe in bold above; with my dad it was like you said, intermittent grieving, and it still has never left, nor with my brother. As for a mother; and others who have experienced this loss might share, is that for many they were their original nurturers and the sudden separating can run deep to the core.

For me it's has been 30 and 13 years respectively since a dad and brother passed, however it never leaves you though, these shared worlds and interaction - memories, and they pop in with your dreams from time to time, yet you do carry on and hopefully gain some strength, knowledge and understanding of their beings with time.

The state of the world may seem overwhelmingly depressing, but I try to look at some of the developments of balancing out the insanity by the newly forming multi polar world led by Russia, China, and Iran for perspective. In addition, the fact that once Trump seemed to have capitulated to the Deep State, the distraction continuing with all the lies and attacks against him have actually made their nefarious intentions get delayed/neutralized. Like the Israeli plan for independence for Kurdistan to partition Iraq (and Syria) going nowhere fast. Or so I think.

Yeah, dismal indeed, and fortunately there is some, if not precarious, balancing actions going on - and it is difficult to do anything from the citizen seats in this grand game, yet we can see and try to make small changes and continue to help others where possible.

Thanks for sharing.

Adaryn said:
Laura said:
Ellipse said:
Laura said:
nature said:

Wrong.

Active second order thinking is necessary; that is, thinking about thinking;

Ie: thinking with a hammer, all the while reminding yourself that "you cannot think about the way you think with the way you (usually) think." :shock:

Indeed, correcting thinking errors is one of the biggest challenges that people face because it is very hard work and no amount of meditation will do that.

Thinking errors are discussed at some length in The Wave, but we've learned a lot more since I wrote about them there; such books as "The Myth of Sanity" and "Strangers to Ourselves" and "Thinking Fast and Slow" come immediately to mind.

One of the main tools utilized for correcting thinking errors is what we call "The Mirror." I recently read Samenow's "Inside the Criminal Mind" and discovered that he and his mentor, Yochelson, also used a very similar process to help criminals learn a different way of being and thinking. It's another "must read", I think. And that's not because I am suggesting that anyone has a "criminal mind", but you will discover that a lot of ordinary thinking errors are very similar to those of criminals only the criminals take them to extremes. The truth seems to be that with sufficient knowledge and understanding, the ability to put yourself in another's shoes, having an accurate reading of reality, leads to a completely different life free of anger and hurt and feeling victimized.

But this process requires close and careful attention to DETAILS of reality exactly as the Cs suggested here:

Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the worlds will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the "past". People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the "Future".

This is part of networking and the Cs have said in numerous places that repeatedly examining and discussing thoughts and feelings and events is a big part of this. They also suggested that meditation is a means for soothing the distress that might possibly arise from this very process.

So, don't get the idea that meditation - a deliberate calming down - can in any way take the place of the ruthless and relentless facing of reality. They are two sides of the same coin.

Answering reply 374 from Ant22.

Hi, Ant22.

It is not very clear to me that of "50% STS and 50% STO", is that always this way?

What happens when our brain works being in a state of deep and serene sleep?, which is not the same as fantasizing awake or sleepy in the day, or, what happens, for example when a shaman or when Laura is, for example in communication with the Cassiopeians; so, in that state I do not think that the person contacting and at the same time it is 100% STS, of course it also depends on the influences around it that can alter the communication but in this case I am referring to expert shamans.

Do not think that I am judging G., as the members of the forum, I met him through the writings of other people, I also think that the place where he was born and lived his childhood, a really conflictive place, influenced his way of being and Act, Also I did not mean to imply that Genius is one who is perfect or omnipotent, no one can have those qualities here in this conflictive 3D.

When it comes to "meditation" it depends which one or your definition of it. I am more in favor of those that develope concentration and attention, and in that way using that to apply in everyday life. So through it you boost your attention when it comes to your everday thinking and emotions if you are willing, so it is not limited to your private space and time of calm which I see as a base from which you build up for more demanding feats of everyday life. To change your thinking you have to be first aware of your thinking through attention to it because it is a learned habit. In other words attention - awarness builds self control to not be swept away by emotions and reactions.

in reference of Laura's reply 271

This reminded me of the session on November 8, 1997 https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40522.msg624167.html#msg624167
when Ark, Laura and her children were in the eye of the hurricane. Now it seems a repetition but at the macro level, globally or as the C's said in that session in “The grandest of all stages”. At that time they were having bizarre experiences. The C's warned of a lack of vigilance. "Must be more like a soldier, less like a picknicker," they said.

Seems like in that session the C's gave us clues to the aggravation of coming hyperdimensional WAR: It is mental, psychic ... not as much material ... If one is a soldier in the trenches, just how much "daydreaming" does one When the shells are exploding all around? ... Soon you will need to "be on your toes" to an extraordinary level! The C's said.

Laura asked in that session:

Q: Are there any further things I can do to increase the safety factor where the children are concerned?
A: This requires a lot of discussion, as you are losing the battle there. As you know by now, the attack seeks the weakest link in the chain for the greatest assault. And for you, the children are a very weak link, indeed...

I do not know for certain, but I sense that nowadays, in“The grandest of all stages”, we are the children, or the Cassiopaea Children, (they have said previous presentations: "My children", "Hello my children!" or "Good evening kinder!")

Ok twenty years later we are here closer to The grandest of all stages and I see, in the forum, another level of concern for "children", that those children with will, will not be forgotten and not left behind in this war.

Laura said: "We must rely on being networked so that the deficiencies of any individual will be compensated for by the strengths of others, and vice versa. Sincerity and dedication are supremely important. Every person must realize that any weaknesses will be exploited by the energies of chaos. "

How can I compensate for my deficiencies? I thought that not only it is enough to know my machine, but to know my objective and the objective of the forum in this nascent new reality in such a way that we can function as a unit. As soldiers have a personal goal, but in combat their objective is subordinated to the objectives and actions of the company established by the command:

"Use the knowledge from the books, and you need to know about the machine, to be fully convinced of the fact that it IS A MACHINE and that YOU, the MIND, are the master of the carriage and take control !!! Find out what you need to do to assist this process, whether it is diet or supplements, or talking to others, or whatever. " said Laura.

I have no experience in the military war but I have experience in that other type of war that is business and in this field there is what is called strategic planning, which after all is based on military knowledge.

Ok I said, I'll do what I do at job but different, apply Business theory to my life. If I have to comply with the order, I must write down a strategic plan to remember. Because as Castaneda said: After having arranged the world in the most beautiful and enlightened way, the academic returns home at five o'clock in the afternoon, and forgets his beautiful arrangement.

Strategic planning involves doing a S.W.O.T analysis: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.

Immediate objectives: Clean my machine, reduce noise, monitor my weaknesses in a more dynamic way. Castaneda said: if your spirit is deformed, you should simply fix it, refine it and perfect it, because there is no more worthwhile task to be learned in life. Not fixing the spirit is to seek death, and that is the same as not looking for anything, because death will reach us anyway. To seek the perfection of the spirit of the warrior is the only task worthy of our transience and of our human condition.

Then my analysis consists of four simple steps:

1. Internal Analysis: Your strengths (advantages in your body, mind and soul) and Your weaknesses (disadvantages in your body, mind and soul)

2. External Analysis: Opportunities (advantages of the environment: Economy, society, region, etc.) Threats (disadvantages of the environment) A warrior never enters into battle without first knowing the environment, said Castaneda.

3. Preparation of the SWOT matrix (comparative and dynamic chart of the internal and external to see in widescreen) http://articles.bplans.com/how-to-perform-swot-analysis/

4. Determination of the strategy to be used to overcome the weaknesses, face the threats and take advantage of the strengths and opportunities.

This is the most important part of strategic planning: the development of strategies, we already have the “what” is now about developing the “How”. A strategy is defined as a set of decisions and actions applied in order to develop a previously established plan to achieve a goal.

Castaneda said: In a world where death (soul-smashing event) is the hunter there are no big or small decisions. With the awareness of death, with detachment and with the power of their decisions, a warrior arms his life in a strategic way.

Some of my strategies should include things that Laura suggests: Doing things that you know are necessary, but are outside your comfort zone also signal to the machine that the master is now running the show. Very simple things like changing old, bad habits can work in this direction. Making your bed, keeping your environment clean if you are not one who normally does this can be something along this line.

These are the actions that I will carry out.

caballero reyes said:

Hi, Ant22.

It is not very clear to me that of "50% STS and 50% STO", is that always this way? (...)

caballero reyes, well, unless I really got the basics all mixed up this is the case. And since we are currently aligned with the STS part of existence, our reality is mostly STS. As for the STO part in relation to us, we can be STO candidates at best. There are other places in the cosmos where the STO orientation prevails.

caballero reyes said:
What happens when our brain works being in a state of deep and serene sleep?, which is not the same as fantasizing awake or sleepy in the day, or, what happens, for example when a shaman or when Laura is, for example in communication with the Cassiopeians; so, in that state I do not think that the person contacting and at the same time it is 100% STS, of course it also depends on the influences around it that can alter the communication but in this case I am referring to expert shamans.

Before I attempt to answer your question I would like to make sure I understood it fully. I'm very sorry but I'm not sure what you mean here and how this relates to the conversation about the 50/50 division between STS and STO of Gurdjieff :( Could you please clarify this for me?

caballero reyes said:
Do not think that I am judging G., as the members of the forum, I met him through the writings of other people, I also think that the place where he was born and lived his childhood, a really conflictive place, influenced his way of being and Act, Also I did not mean to imply that Genius is one who is perfect or omnipotent, no one can have those qualities here in this conflictive 3D.

We all are influenced by our upbringing and maybe it would be helpful to read some of Gurgjieff's work rather than work about Gurdjieff to develop a more objective view of him? Just a thought :)

caballero reyes said:

Hi, Ant22.

It is not very clear to me that of "50% STS and 50% STO", is that always this way?

Hi caballero reyes, I think of it more like a tree that shapes its inclinations over time, and the more we grow in one direction the more we polarize.

I don't think it is much like every action we take shifts the constitution entirely but rather that small actions and active work on the resolution of emotional imbalances which drive unconscious programs add to this process. It is a process.

Considering that we shape our personality and feed tendencies or inclinations, some the result of the genes, some the result of experiences, the more we act in one direction the more we polarize consciously or unconsciously.

The way I see it is that part of the percentage that everyone has is at the biological level, our need to feed , but the body is not the entire being it is the vehicle, we are not just flesh and as the C's say soul is what matters, We are inherently in STS mode for that reason we have a body, but other aspects such as our interaction with the world at large, the utilization of our energy in serving others in what is possible to us can have effects That also reflect in the body over time in the DNA, or how we make use of our faculties to look at reality as objective as possible. This can also change how our body expresses, how our thoughts and feelings flow, where we place our attention and energy, this is how we can express STO "vibration". By tuning our machine so that we can perceive and act in STO dynamics. We have that potential.

"Serene sleep" is a neurological state, a biological and neurochemical configuration, it affects awareness and attention, it creates or closes windows of awareness, it drives attention into a state of dissociation where the brain reorganizes information in different ways. In such case, we process and perceive the flow of information differently than in a waking state. But that is not in itself a catalyst of polarization, it is a state. A catalyst of polarization is a relative.
Just some thoughts.

Answering reply 327 of Ant22 and reply 328 of felipe 4.

I do not express myself well in English and I really like this kind of topics where one gets to think, and there has been confusion.

This also happened when I mentioned "The 4 agreements" Toltec in the September 16 session, which is an oral tradition and did not know that an author had taken that name "The four agreements", this person used the title and put it in a book that I have not read, but the ancient wisdom has no copyright and he could use that name from the oral tradition to use it in that book and it seemed that I was in the matter of the "new age". I have to clarify that well.

Ant22 phrase that I find very interesting and can clarify some of this confusion.

"As for the STO part in relation to us, we can be STO candidates at best. other places in the cosmos where the STO orientation prevails ".

I must clarify that I do not dare to use percentages as surely.
I referred to a place, but to a place inside of oneself, in the dream state of repairman with a special state of serenity, for example, or in a situation like that of some shaman or in the case of Laura in the moments when she is in communication with the Casiopeos.
Do you think that in those special moments that shaman or Laura is in 100% STS Situation?

I think not, I think that in those moments they have transcended something.

I consider this a very good question for the Cs.

When I said that I had met G. through other writers, I wanted to say that before reading his books I had read opinions / references about him, by the way extremely interesting, after, I read his books.

I will try to explain later other thoughts that I could not express properly.

Back
Top Bottom