V for Vendetta - Wachowski brothers

genero81

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I know I could have posted this under the movies section, but I think it deserves a place under this topic. V is the most important mainstream film of our time, as far as I'm concerned. I mean it's a gift to bring to peoples attention political ponerology in an easy to assimilate form.

So, why did it do so little to wake people up?

It wasn't discussed in the mainstream media for one. But that's not a surprise when you think about it.

People have power when united, says Laura. True, the pathocrats power could be neutralized right now IF you could only get people to see and refuse to participate. You don't even have to blow up any buildings. People need vision in order to unite, and opportunity. They need someone to articulate what they know at some level is wrong with the whole charade. Man, I had years of pent up emotion and frustration pouring out of me when V took over the air ways and delivered his speach. If only...

V is a gift. V is a tool in our hands. It's even entertaining, what more could you ask for? Could it become the "underground" film as popular as 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show? If so, what might that do to shift the balance? A world view based on lies is a house of cards. How much truth would it take to crumble it?

Think about that, I ask you. And then, if you see the possibility I see, let's promote V like he's running for president. Because if he was, I would vote for him. He's you, and he's me. He's my brother, my sister, my mother....

Hi Genero,

(in reply to your request to post a link here) Quite gladly will I. I went further and removed much of the violence and updated the link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4842089258597376030&hl=en Mask of Vendetta (updated, most violence removed)

The idea of making a short on this was not my idea, as much as I like Kudo's the inspiration to make it came from elsewhere.

genero81 said:
V is the most important mainstream film of our time ...

... the pathocrats power could be neutralized right now IF you could only get people to see and refuse to participate ...

V is a gift. V is a tool in our hands.
Ah, a man after my own heart!

I share your profound appreciation of V For Vendetta. It truly is a gift. The Wachowski brothers did their best to wake folks up. They used the media of sight and sound, along with their superb writing skills and their vivid imaginations to craft a most ingenious film script laying the pathocracy of today bare for all to realize/recognize, if they just would. The actors were of the highest quality, I do so appreciate the British English. Beautiful scores of music were added to greatly enhance the emotions and wonder. This is one of the very best, all time movies in my opinion.

Yet, it won scant awards and didn't break through to the core of very many among us. I don't think the Wachowski brothers, the producers, actors, musicians, editors, etc., etc. could have done anything differently that would wake us up. But, sadly it didn't have that affect on many that I know.

Perhaps it is that movies are an amusement, a diversion, and such a serious subject flies overhead of those hellbent on the former. It is possible that subtle, sugar-coated, Hollywood propaganda seeps through, whereas a profound central theme does not and even turns many off as it isn't the amusement or diversion they expected. I don't know, but I sure know the message wasn't wasted on me. V is the only DVD in my collection that I have a spare of, and I watch it at least once a week and never tire. Sadly, I know of only two other people who got the message.One even greatly surprised me and I am proud to say that I am partly responsible for his awakening.

Joel Silver, the producer, seems OK. He did some of the Schwarzenegger films, if memory serves me, and many others that I like. So far as I recall, he doesn't seem to insist on spewing propaganda in his films, as so many others do.

I studied the Wachowski brother's previous works, the Matrix Trilogy, for chinks in their armor. I could find none. The same holds true for V.

I does seem odd, however, that the controllers/manipulators of Hollywood would let such a clear message emanate from their stronghold of propaganda. I wonder if they knew all too well that the message would not sink in and that they and their ilk could relish in that pleasure. I do know that they often use movies to brag about their ranks in subtle ways that they know the masses will not fully understand; they don't seem to mind it even when that entails casting them as villains. But, of course, it takes a screwed up psychopath to enjoy such an event.

Now, Natalie Portman is/was dating young Nat Rothschild (a spitting image of the mid-1800s, London ancestor of the same given name), and that's not a particularly good sign. But, that was long after the movie had aged.

genero81 said:
Think about that, I ask you. And then, if you see the possibility I see, let's promote V like he's running for president. Because if he was, I would vote for him. He's you, and he's me. He's my brother, my sister, my mother....
Truer words have never been spoken. I have been, and shall continue to do exactly that which you propose genero81. Thank you for bringing the issue into the forefront. You just may be onto something good here. Let's hope that there is time enough left to do the deed.

Locksmith said:
genero81 said:
Truer words have never been spoken. I have been, and shall continue to do exactly that which you propose genero81. Thank you for bringing the issue into the forefront. You just may be onto something good here. Let's hope that there is time enough left to do the deed.
Thanks for bringing the movie up again genero81. V for Vendetta is an excellent movie with such a powerful message and it deserves to be brought to the attention of people again. I am going to rewatch it again tomorrow and will see how I can spread the awareness of this video around. Maybe the first step is to buy my own copy. The Wachowski brothers are certainly unique in the film industry, with rare insight into our reality coupled with outstanding film making skills.

Anders

genero81 said:
And then, if you see the possibility I see, let's promote V like he's running for president. Because if he was, I would vote for him. He's you, and he's me. He's my brother, my sister, my mother....
"V" wouldn't run for president.

He would know better.

Do you know why?

[post-edit: Dang. Half of my intended message didn't make it in this post. Butter fingers....]

IF V were a real life person, or people who are like V, they'd want to stay out of the systematic "compromising" and corruption that almost inevitably takes place in government, in order to ensure that they could watchdog effectively.

I watched the movie again and it was even better then when I watched the first time. At the march at the end, just before the midnight hour, everyone was going with determination in the same direction and it reminded me of a dedicated coaxial transmission line which confines the electromagnetic wave to the area inside the cable where it is shielded and insulated from the interference of stray/external electromagnetic fields.

This further reminded me of this from the glossary:
http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=962&lsel=M

and I think it relates to this from a recent post on the forum on higher centers:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6785.msg47429#msg47429

Right work on oneself begins with the creation of a permanent center of gravity. When a permanent center of gravity has been created everything else begins to be disposed and distributed in subordination to it.

The question comes to this: From what and how can a permanent center of gravity be created?

And to this may be replied that only a man's attitude to the work, to school, his valuation of the work, and his realization of the mechanicalness and aimlessness of everything else can create in him a permanent center of gravity.

"The role of the sex center in creating a general equilibrium and a permanent center of gravity can be very big. According to its energy, that is to say, if it uses its own energy, the sex center stands on a level with the higher emotional center. And all the other centers are subordinate to it. Therefore it would be a great thing if it worked with its own energy. This alone would indicate a comparatively very high level of being. And in this case, that is, if the sex center worked with its own energy and in its own place, all other centers could work correctly in their places and with their own energies."

Azur, of course I know why. He's a symbol, and if he were not a symbol, he would be assasinated. Why do you ask? Was my point ambiguous?

But then, I would not assume to know your reasons for asking. Why do you not think he would run for president?

But again, I never actually suggested he run for president.

How interesting to see these new posts today of all days! All day I've been in a wonderful state in the afterglow of having seen "V For Vendetta" for the first time last night. So artfully layered with so much truth! And it seems to weave a little of every movie genre into it, hopefully to draw casual viewers of all types so as to awaken any "sleepers" ready to "arise from the dead." I'm glad I noticed your posts today. Sharing our mutual appreciation for this masterpiece amplifies it's inspiring effect even more.

Cass-Alex said:
For those who are cocooned, only some catastrophic event in their life would perhaps move them in to looking or seeking answers.
Sad, but true. And in this sense, it is worth remembering the little speech from "V for Vendetta" to the public:

V said:
Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine - the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way.

Why?

Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen? Who's to blame?

Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense.

Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten.

More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives.

So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

I still gets "gloozebump" everytime I see V for Vendetta. It contain pretty powerful messages, especially for today. It's kind of sad to see some people not taking the messages seriously and said that it is just a movie. It almost as if their programs keep repeating to them: "It's just a movie, it's just a movie..." And, they listened to it.

Well, the important thing is that V for Vendetta is out there, and we are listening.

genero81 said:
Azur, of course I know why. He's a symbol, and if he were not a symbol, he would be assasinated. Why do you ask? Was my point ambiguous?

But then, I would not assume to know your reasons for asking. Why do you not think he would run for president?

But again, I never actually suggested he run for president.
G,

Sorry, sloppy fingers on my part, only some of my original post showed. I re-added what I originally thought.

You're right, though, people who are like V DO get assassinated. It happens over and over again. All the good ones get taken out.

I took the text Laura provided and added it to the speech.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ia83udvizA
I skipped two words and took tele from phone.. W-mov.maker doesn't have much in terms of text. Thanks Laura, I struggled quite a bit with trying to understand V's words clearly in the first place (and second and..).

I didn't change a specific word but thought he said instead of "but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror"- I thought he said "but "the" truth be told.." It doesn't seem to change anything regardless. I certainly don't rely often on my hearing.

The two words I removed were = "I suspect" (<-- and only used-->) "even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way."

Thanks again Laura I never had a clue that he said "..they are 'Perspectives'." Must've backed up, rewound, turned up.. well, it was maddening and, for me, never figured out without that text.

The video is the speech with text in English. Thought of adding the Old Bailey scene but thought it better to leave the whole of the speech intact.

Salutes!

As regards to the speech, I watched the V for Vendetta when it came out in DVD so I watched it in closed-captioned, which helps me big time. With a speech provided by Laura, it pretty much matched.

When I watched your video, noise, the words were little too fast and red. But, the overall was great.

fwiw.

Changed the link to youtube. I agree Zadius, it could easily be changed to white.. but then it might not appear real well either at times. Think I got better at putting text onto the video as it goes along. Meaning length of time-text on screen-wise. There was another part of the speech where I was confused. Sometimes I make up words for things I don't hear.

V-Says: "There are of course those who do not want us to speak." Which before reading the text I thought said "There are of course those who do not want peace." Think I'll start using closed caption as well.

I'd consider improving it. Would you recommend a color? Would white text have been better?

Back
Top Bottom