07/03/2020 trump speech

At 1.48
He says something about an “evil institution that has plagued humanity for thousands of years.”
I don’t understand the literal context of this statement Or the structure of the sentences.
Does anyone else get this?
I believe he was speaking about the 'institution' of slavery.

" By tearing down Washington and Jefferson, these radicals would tear down the very heritage for which men gave their lives to win the Civil War; they would erase the memory that inspired those soldiers to go to their deaths..........They would tear down the principles that propelled the abolition of slavery in America and, ultimately, around the world, ending an evil institution that had plagued humanity for thousands and thousands of years."

'They' are the radicals tearing down statues and stuff. I think Trump is alluding to the fact that the radicals do not truly care about black lives but their own agendas. The 'evil institution' I believe he is speaking of the institution of slavery. Yes, we all know slavery still exists, but it is not a state sanctioned practice that is as openly accepted as it has been in the past.

The way Trump speaks is pretty interesting I think. His sentence and phrase structure is definitely 'unique' at times. Many people think he is an idiot based on how he speaks, but I think he is a semi-genius (or people around him are) and that it is all by design. You'll never see him coming if you think that he isn't capable of tying his own shoes!

I never knew Neil Young suffers from shrinking brain syndrome (aka pea brain) but its apparently true. He's never found that Heart of Gold I guess but only bitterness. Maybe Trump should be more careful with the music he uses to overt the snarks coming out of the wood work. I can understand him supporting the Native Americans but there's a much bigger picture here he doesn't see. What a jerk, another celebrity becoming irrelevant.

1593925170346.png
Left-wing rocker Neil Young railed against President Donald Trump playing his music at Mount Rushmore on Friday ahead of his speech.

“I stand in solidarity with the Lakota Sioux & this is NOT ok with me,” tweeted Young on Friday, in response to a Twitter user who posted a video of the song playing before the event.

columb.gif
What happened, didn't president Trump just sign new legislation to stimey this kind of activity? Where's the teeth in that? Why isn't the mayor of Baltimore locked up? Boy I'll tell ya if your mind isn't engaged towards protecting what's yours at this point your definitely sorely lacking.

I never knew Neil Young suffers from shrinking brain syndrome (aka pea brain) but its apparently true. He's never found that Heart of Gold I guess but only bitterness. Maybe Trump should be more careful with the music he uses to overt the snarks coming out of the wood work. I can understand him supporting the Native Americans but there's a much bigger picture here he doesn't see. What a jerk, another celebrity becoming irrelevant.

View attachment 37420
Left-wing rocker Neil Young railed against President Donald Trump playing his music at Mount Rushmore on Friday ahead of his speech.

“I stand in solidarity with the Lakota Sioux & this is NOT ok with me,” tweeted Young on Friday, in response to a Twitter user who posted a video of the song playing before the event.

Anyone know how use of music is governed? My understanding was that users just had to pay ASCAP fees for use. Or, if songs are on a service like Spotify, isn't anyone free to play them as long as paying for the service? Licensing

Brings to mind the recent arguments about private entity rights to refusal of service (like baking gay wedding cakes). Might be interesting to see how ideas on this can change when it is their work being used in support of something they find personally offensive.

Back
Top Bottom