13th sign of the zodiac

Herakles said:
I have been interested in astrology around 15-years, at least that is the length of time from first being introduced to my natal chart, my mother gave it to me as a high school graduation present. I have been fascinated with myth and story-telling since very very young, as far back as I can remember.

Over the past 5 years or so I started to read up on many different methods and styles of astrology, spent a lot of "time" in the "Esoteric Astrology" camp and actually this is where the avatar originates, from - "The Labours of Hercules: An Astrological Interpretation". Maybe will post some of that sometime but have felt it doesn't quite mesh with this forum, the 7 Rays and all that.

Also looked into Vedic for a bit, but it became confusing for the methods and significance vary quite dramatically.

I don't do charts professionally or anything like that.

FWIW, the link Whitebear just posted is interesting, I had read that before but forgotten. I think it is interesting the bit about an 11-sign Zodiac, for I have read other accounts where there was a time with 10 (but describes Aq and Pis as being the additions) and a time when there were 8 - supposedly Leo and Virgo were combined at that time, reflective in the Sphinx.

mkrnhr
According to V. Clube this presence of the constellation of Ophiuchus may be due indeed to sudden change in the ecliptic plane. The splitting of the zodiac constellation may be a separate event.

That would be an interesting course of research, but I have too much to read right now!

Hi Herakles-

As far as the Ophiuchus thing, I remember hearing about that in the 90's--a 13th sign. I looked into it, but I couldn't make it jive and use it with the modern 12 houses approach. At the time, it seemed that it didn't 'stick' with astrologers, then it faded away.
FWIW, now I ponder that it really isn't a 13th sign at all... could it be that Ophiuchus was removed from the Zodiac at some point, just as Libra was added? Hard to know. Like the C's and Laura have said, the zodiac has been messed with a lot over time--8 signs, 10 signs...now 12 with Libra added, etc.
I saw a photo in Fred Getting's book, 'Secret Symbolism in Occult Art', p. 101, which shows 12th century images of Sagittarius and Scorpius--clearly showing the Scorpion holding the scales of Libra in it's 'chela.' This photo is from the constellation arch at the top of the Stairs of the Dead in the monastery of Sacra di San Michele, Val di Susa, Italy. What drives me nuts is that the next image over could be Virgo, not Libra--but this image is not shown (!) just Sag and Scorp. Sorry, I don't have the ability to scan it.

This is an interesting link to me since I have been studying astrology since '86, and looking at many and varied forms of astrology, like you. I did settle on Vedic--because there is so much more information (after you dig for it) of the ancient/esoteric myths and sometimes ancient matriarchal kind that regular modern 'western' astrology lacks. Especially intriguing are the many added meanings of the houses, added types of charts for looking at 'past' lives, and a really stunning approach to seeing one's karma/patterns/programs! I ended up making a decent living at it in the 90's. It is not an easy course of study, and it uses the sidereal zodiac.
But a few years ago, I ended up with my own system of vedic/western astrology (because there is a lot of misogyny in Vedic) after doing a lot of tweaking and researching, over many years.
What is incredible to me is that a fellow of German descent named Ernst Wilhelm, after 12 years of research, in 2002, introduced vedic astrology done with the tropical zodiac instead of the sidereal. He said the hindus are doing it all wrong and have been since around 400-600 AD! So, the truth is no longer hidden, is how I see it.
I researched that and I tried the tropical zodiac with vedic deliniation, as Ernst suggests, and it worked beautifully for charts So I'm sold. Well, I'm babbling here...
(I suppose Robert Hand's (and other authors) Hellenistic astrology would have been a good course of study too. Los of myths there too :)

Hi all

Interesting all this stuff, imo (but i know almost nothing about zodiac or astrology) the relation between the galaxy center and the new sing can be a relevant point if there is something relevant in all this. Here i copy some data about this Ophiuchus, the original source is in spanish so i use google translator i hope it could be understable:

Mythological story of the constellation:

Ophiuchus is represented by a man holding a snake, according to Greek mythology, Asclepius is and this is his story;

Asclepius is considered the god of medicine, healing god, whose origin is probably the deification of a hero that after this subsequently become legend. In many places, depicted as a bearded man like Zeus, but that looks benign. His attributes were the staff and a snake entangled in it. In some representations appeared a dog lying at his feet. Also used to take tables for writing, emblem of the medical science.

He was the son of Apollo (Sun god) and Coronis, daughter of the king turn Flegias. The Apollo Imortal surprised the mortal Coronis bathing naked in a lake and hopelessly in love, got her pregnant. However, Flegias forced to marry her boyfriend ever, Isquis.

The crow, which was the animal that informed Apollo of the things that happened on earth, and then had a completely white plumage, he told the alleged betrayal of his beloved Apollo fury felt cursed him, so the crow became black for all eternity.

The vindictive sun god convinced his sister Artemis (goddess of hunting) that killed her to punish her infidelity. Later, at the time that his body would be consumed on the funeral pyre, Apollo snatched the baby from her mother's body and entrusted his son to the centaur Chiron, who raised him and taught him the arts of medicine and hunting , although his own father who was also the god of health, receive much more knowledge that you would characterize as a prototype of a doctor.

Asclepius put this science in the service of men, so that was the subject of fervent worship throughout antiquity. Thousands of patients came each day to their sanctuaries seeking relief for their ailments.

In his career as a healer was even raising the dead, including Hippolytus, Theseus' son. He used the blood of the right flank of Medusa, a gift from Athena, who was the one who gave life (the blood of Medusa was the right flank of life while the left flank caused death due to a potent poison.)
It also would raise Capaneus, Lycurgus and Tyndareus, Glaucus and even the well-known hunter Orion. Zeus, faced with complaints by Hades, god of the dead, and to prevent the world order is changing with the powers of Asclepius, decided to strike him with lightning.

Apollo avenged his son by killing the Cyclopes, sons of Zeus, Cyclopes manufactures the lightning ray that could kill at will. Asclepius, however, was not precipitated into Tartarus after his death (if you're condemned to Tartarus forever you fell into oblivion), but was given back the life, thus fulfilling a prophecy made by Euipe, daughter of the Centaur Chiron (predicted that the child would renew their destinations twice and dying demigod, would become a god), and even was granted immortality, becoming the constellation Ophiuchus.

source: _http://www.productions.caffix.org.mx/ofiuco-13%C2%AA-constelacion

Hi Solar Mother,

Robert Hand and Liz Greene books around here. The thing with Ophiuchus is whether or not it truly is the galactic center. I dunno, someone said so, but how is such a thing verified?

Considering it to be true, then is it about whether the constellation is being "added" to the zodiac? It's always been "there" - so in a way is it not merely that people are becoming aware? Yes, the point about its view upon the ecliptic now says something but then what if that is merely a recurrence interval?

Are there not reasons to consider it within a chart given the nature of its central gravity? IS its placement akin to a "second sun"?

I looked at my chart recently with that in mind and noticed that this "location" or 26 Sag forms a Grand Trine with natal ascendant (conjunct Regulus) and Chiron in Aries in the 9th.

There is also GT with Saturn at 12 Leo in 12, Neptune at 15 Sag in 4th and Venus at 14 Aries in 8th.

But that's all personal stuff, not to detract the thread.

What you write about Vedic is interesting. The thing with Vedic when first looking into it that threw me is everything backs up a sign. That was very odd to me, I guess because I built up this view or image based upon what I had read and been testing it out, now all of a sudden that becomes thrown out the window and start from scratch!

And are you saying that you see Ernst Wilhelm astrology to be THE take on astrology? What is it that is so much "better"? Not to imply you are saying that exactly, but what is that works so well for you? Will look into his material briefly.

another interesting link:

_http://tomsastroblog.com/?p=7790

and thisL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Center

SolarMother said:
Herakles said:
I have been interested in astrology around 15-years, at least that is the length of time from first being introduced to my natal chart, my mother gave it to me as a high school graduation present. I have been fascinated with myth and story-telling since very very young, as far back as I can remember.

Over the past 5 years or so I started to read up on many different methods and styles of astrology, spent a lot of "time" in the "Esoteric Astrology" camp and actually this is where the avatar originates, from - "The Labours of Hercules: An Astrological Interpretation". Maybe will post some of that sometime but have felt it doesn't quite mesh with this forum, the 7 Rays and all that.

Also looked into Vedic for a bit, but it became confusing for the methods and significance vary quite dramatically.

I don't do charts professionally or anything like that.

FWIW, the link Whitebear just posted is interesting, I had read that before but forgotten. I think it is interesting the bit about an 11-sign Zodiac, for I have read other accounts where there was a time with 10 (but describes Aq and Pis as being the additions) and a time when there were 8 - supposedly Leo and Virgo were combined at that time, reflective in the Sphinx.

mkrnhr
According to V. Clube this presence of the constellation of Ophiuchus may be due indeed to sudden change in the ecliptic plane. The splitting of the zodiac constellation may be a separate event.

That would be an interesting course of research, but I have too much to read right now!

Hi Herakles-

As far as the Ophiuchus thing, I remember hearing about that in the 90's--a 13th sign. I looked into it, but I couldn't make it jive and use it with the modern 12 houses approach. At the time, it seemed that it didn't 'stick' with astrologers, then it faded away.
FWIW, now I ponder that it really isn't a 13th sign at all... could it be that Ophiuchus was removed from the Zodiac at some point, just as Libra was added? Hard to know. Like the C's and Laura have said, the zodiac has been messed with a lot over time--8 signs, 10 signs...now 12 with Libra added, etc.
I saw a photo in Fred Getting's book, 'Secret Symbolism in Occult Art', p. 101, which shows 12th century images of Sagittarius and Scorpius--clearly showing the Scorpion holding the scales of Libra in it's 'chela.' This photo is from the constellation arch at the top of the Stairs of the Dead in the monastery of Sacra di San Michele, Val di Susa, Italy. What drives me nuts is that the next image over could be Virgo, not Libra--but this image is not shown (!) just Sag and Scorp. Sorry, I don't have the ability to scan it.

This is an interesting link to me since I have been studying astrology since '86, and looking at many and varied forms of astrology, like you. I did settle on Vedic--because there is so much more information (after you dig for it) of the ancient/esoteric myths and sometimes ancient matriarchal kind that regular modern 'western' astrology lacks. Especially intriguing are the many added meanings of the houses, added types of charts for looking at 'past' lives, and a really stunning approach to seeing one's karma/patterns/programs! I ended up making a decent living at it in the 90's. It is not an easy course of study, and it uses the sidereal zodiac.
But a few years ago, I ended up with my own system of vedic/western astrology (because there is a lot of misogyny in Vedic) after doing a lot of tweaking and researching, over many years.
What is incredible to me is that a fellow of German descent named Ernst Wilhelm, after 12 years of research, in 2002, introduced vedic astrology done with the tropical zodiac instead of the sidereal. He said the hindus are doing it all wrong and have been since around 400-600 AD! So, the truth is no longer hidden, is how I see it.
I researched that and I tried the tropical zodiac with vedic deliniation, as Ernst suggests, and it worked beautifully for charts So I'm sold. Well, I'm babbling here...
(I suppose Robert Hand's (and other authors) Hellenistic astrology would have been a good course of study too. Los of myths there too :)

There is a lot of stuff out there, ranging in usefulness and credibility. Thought I would put together a few different looks at this Serpent Bearer:.

http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=1988

http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/oph.html

http://www.realtimeastrology.com/id46.html

http://science-mathematics.indie.my/2011/01/15/what-time-will-the-sun-cross-into-ophiuchus-on-2012/

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.gathering.rainbow/browse_thread/thread/7b7246f60c9d3407

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus

But I also checked the Labors of Hercules, published around 1950 or so, which briefly talks of Ophiuchus in relation to the sign of Scorpio.

The Labors of Hercules - Labor VIII
What is Death?

There are three death signs in the zodiac; three great deaths take place as we progress around the field of life. In Cancer, we have the death of the elemental being (namely, man) in order that the human being can come into existence. Right through the zodiac we can always say: "Here is death in order that..."

Always, death is an entrance into a fuller life, fuller experience, fuller realization and scope. It is the death of the personality in order that the soul may take over the personality and express life through it. In Pisces we have the crucifixion, the death of a world savior because he has perfectly fulfiled his function.

Death in astrology may mean many things. Perhaps it may mean that we are going to die. That is one interpretation. Perhaps we are going to die to an old emotion. It has passed away - "death". Some crystallized, long-held ideas, dogmas, that have governed our activities until now have simply come to an end and we wonder how we could possibly have thought as we did. That line of thought has died. It is valuable to get the big picture and learn to interpret it in the various aspects of the personality.

Scorpio, the Sign of Magic

Magic does not mean doing curious things: true magic is the expression of the soul through the medium of the form. Black magic is the use of form in order to gain what we want for the form. Black magic is unadulterated selfishness. White magic is use of the soul for purposes of human uplift, utilizing the personality. Why is Scorpio the sign of magic? An ancient book says: "Virgo is the witch, she prepares the ingredients which are weighed in the balances in Libra, and in Scorpio the magical work is carried forward". In terms of the aspirant this means that in Virgo I discovered the Christ in myself, that down the ages my form nature has nurtured a Christ; in Libra. I fluctuate between the pairs of opposites, form and the Christ [153] nature, until I achieve balance and the Christ and matter are in a stage of equilibrium. In Scorpio I am tested as to which will triumph, the form or the Christ, the higher Self or the lower self, the real or the unreal, the true or the illusion. That is the underlying story of Scorpio.

The Constellations and the Stars

Taurus, which is the opposite of Scorpio, is the sign of desire expressed predominantly on the physical plane as sex. At the heart of Scorpio we find Antares, one of the four royal stars, a red star. Red is the color of desire and this is the reddest star in the heavens; it symbolizes that red of desire that underlies every manifestation of divine life.

In Gemini, in the gathering of the golden apples, Hercules also wrestled with Antares. Here again in Scorpio we are up against the red star. Why? Because the problem of humanity in this great solar system of ours is that of the attraction between the opposites (meaning desire). Always there is duality, that which is desired and the one who desires. Aquila, the eagle, is interchangeable with Scorpio. The eagle has much to do with the United States and the arrow of Sagittarius, the next sign, is also dominant in the seal of the United States. Aquila, the eagle, is the bird out of time and space and as Hercules struggles with the hydra he looks up, sees the eagle, and is reminded that he has come forth into incarnation and will fly back from whence he came.

There are three constellations connected with this sign which are tremendously interesting. First, there is Serpens, the serpent of illusion, the serpent we meet in Genesis, which deluded Eve. The second one is Ophiuchus, the man who wrestles with the serpent. The ancient zodiac portrays the serpent in the hands of this man. He seizes it with both hands and treads on its heart, which is the red star of desire. As he does this, he looks towards the constellation that we saw in Libra, the crown. So we have personality, symbolized by Ophiuchus, struggling [154] with the serpent of illusion, with the crown held before him, towards which he aspires.

The third constellation is called Hercules and portrays the aspirant looking not at the crown but at the eagle, Aquila. Personality looks at the crown but says, "I am having such a difficult time, my environment is against me, my home conditions are difficult. but I will get a crown some day." Hercules, the disciple, is not concerned about the crown, he is looking at the eagle, the spirit aspect. He is occupied with that marvellous symbol of light emerging, which makes all victory possible.
Keep your eye on the eagle; call down fire; do not look at the ground; be centered in divinity.

Here's good read on the topic:

_http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_ophiuchus_e.htm

Also,

_http://www.examiner.com/astrology-in-national/no-new-zodiac-sign-says-astrology-federation-and-rocket-science-backs-that-up

_http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/?npt=NP1

heralkes
Considering it to be true, then is it about whether the constellation is being "added" to the zodiac? It's always been "there" - so in a way is it not merely that people are becoming aware? Yes, the point about its view upon the ecliptic now says something but then what if that is merely a recurrence interval?

Yes, I agree with you--it wasn't 'added,' and I suspect Libra was not either since that image exists that I spoke of where the Libra scales are held in the Scorpion's chela, and they were once one sign. But it doesn't seem to help an astrologer to have this information as far as the 12 sign and house system we use now--except to keep it in mind that perhaps someone with a lot of Scorpio also behaves in Libra-like ways, and just observe if that is true...a little experiment as such. All I know is that the astrology I use works, so I still use it!

What you write about Vedic is interesting. The thing with Vedic when first looking into it that threw me is everything backs up a sign. That was very odd to me, I guess because I built up this view or image based upon what I had read and been testing it out, now all of a sudden that becomes thrown out the window and start from scratch!

And are you saying that you see Ernst Wilhelm astrology to be THE take on astrology? What is it that is so much "better"? Not to imply you are saying that exactly, but what is that works so well for you? Will look into his material briefly.

Yes, the sidereal system in vedic is something to adjust to since most people 70-80%, have planets at 24 degrees or less in signs, so their sign is going to change! But the vedic view on signs is that the descriptions are not as important as the degree placement, the nakshatra meaning (mansion of the moon) ruling the degree and sign and the especially the house placement and aspects! So while studying vedic one forgets about the sign meaning (which in modern western is loaded with personality/ego meanings unless one finds more mythic meanings as you have) and concentrates on so many other things that go very deep. Yet...in my case, I have 5 out of 7 late degree planets; sun, moon, ascendant, mars, saturn...so these did not change signs. But venus, mercury, jupiter did go back a sign, and when reading the nakshatra meanings they made some sense, but I was never comfortable with the sign meanings of venus, the ruler of my chart (libra lagna.) And, for others, since I made a living out of doing charts for awhile, some meanings and interpretations did not always work for my clients either.
FWIW, I now think that the sidereal system is great for fixed star meanings (such as the arabic meanings) but the tropical zodiac works for interpretation/delineation astrology better. Ernst explains the science and math of that (the error made) how he came upon his discoveries, and if you are into that, its great fun to see how it all works.

I guess after studying Tropical zodiac with Vedic delineation, I am convinced that Wilhelm made a huge discovery--for vedic astrology--and that is that some misled Indian Astrologers (long ago) in India changed what was Parashara's measurements (tropical) to sidereal and started teaching it and using it that way, and corrupted the system. No suprise there! It's hard to explain, but Wilhelm did the research and if you are interested in his writings about it I can send you some material. I am not saying that Wilhelm's method is THE take on astrology---just works better IMO to use the tropical zodiac. There are still some rare Indians left who just KNOW about a person instantly--who calculate in their heads something technical in seconds, and then go with their instant intuition...that works too.
Hope this is helpful. Each astrologer is going to be attracted to something different. I wanted something as ancient as possible to study. Then Wilhelm went back in time way beyond what vedic books teach with Parashara's original teachings. That I liked, so I am glad to have that knowledge which seems to be catching on in the vedic community.

I am now looking forward to reading what you posted on the Labors of Hercules!

Herakles said:

Do you know how to cast a chart by hand?

Laura said:
Herakles said:
I have been interested in astrology around 15-years, at least that is the length of time from first being introduced to my natal

Hi Laura,

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, why? :)

I assume that you refer to a natal horoscope rather than Pars Fortunae? Solar Return? etc, etc, . . . and I assume some style of Western rather than Vedic? i.e. which chart?

It is the question of zodiac where I think you are going with this, sidereal vs. tropical?

Of course even though I can, I frequently don't, for there is software that does so.

I know you know this, just saying that it is not so common to cast a chart by hand, but I guess you are going somewhere with this, or merely curious? Sometimes I grab hold of the wrong end of the stick, if you know what I mean, and methinks maybe you see discrepancies posted relating to Ophiuchus and Sagittarius?

When I first started taking some astrology courses I drove the instructors nuts because I wanted to cover more than the course was intended to convey, such as, WHY? “Why is that so? Why? Because why? So, why is that? “

Ephemerides are my friends. :wizard: :D

Herakles said:
Laura said:

Hi Laura,

Short answer, yes.

I assume that you refer to a natal horoscope rather than Pars Fortunae? Solar Return? etc, etc, . . . and I assume some style of Western rather than Vedic? i.e. which chart?

None of that matters.

Have you spent time examining the sky either directly or with a program like "starry night" so as to compare physical observations to what an astrological chart is supposed to be displaying? That is, that each sign is merely a designation of 30 degrees of arc along the ecliptic.

If so, then you'll realize that the article that started this discussion should have been investigated more thoroughly.

Indeed, the signs have shifted due to precession (read Walter Cruttenden's book "Lost Star of Myth and Time" for a great expose on this), but that doesn't mean that the introduction of a new sign - Ophiuchus - is in order.

When you check the star charts with the ecliptic overlaid properly, what you find is that Ophiuchus is exactly where it always was in relation to the ecliptic. The foot of Ophiuchus, that is, three stars out of 13 or 14 just cross the ecliptic above the tail of the scorpion. There are numerous other constellations that interact with the ecliptic in a minor way but that doesn't justify claiming a new zodiac sign for them.

The person who wrote this article obviously fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Laura said:
Herakles said:
Laura said:

Hi Laura,

Short answer, yes.

None of that matters.

(OK)

Have you spent time examining the sky either directly or with a program like "starry night" so as to compare physical observations to what an astrological chart is supposed to be displaying? That is, that each sign is merely a designation of 30 degrees of arc along the ecliptic. (Yes I have and yes I understood this)

If so, then you'll realize that the article that started this discussion should have been investigated more thoroughly.

(True, but is it not also interesting in how people are talking of Ophiuchus all of a sudden, even though the science as you point out behind the sudden “revelations” is incomplete if not ignorant)

Indeed, the signs have shifted due to precession (read Walter Cruttenden's book "Lost Star of Myth and Time" for a great expose on this), but that doesn't mean that the introduction of a new sign - Ophiuchus - is in order.

(Agreed, and will have to find that book for if I understand correctly the implication is that something other than what is generally assumed to cause precession, is causing precession, which would make VERY interesting reading indeed!)

When you check the star charts with the ecliptic overlaid properly, what you find is that Ophiuchus is exactly where it always was in relation to the ecliptic. The foot of Ophiuchus, that is, three stars out of 13 or 14 just cross the ecliptic above the tail of the scorpion. There are numerous other constellations that interact with the ecliptic in a minor way but that doesn't justify claiming a new zodiac sign for them.

(Again, agreed, but what about all the effort or energy worldwide going into this just now? I mean, what would justify claiming – making room for – a new zodiac sign.

The mythological association with the constellation is that of Asklepius, the Wounded Healer and historic evidence surrounding use of dream temples to heal survives.

So dreams? Healing? And the recent articles on Precognition and Premonition studies?

Maybe I am tying threads together when the connection is tenuous at best, but I am looking at it from that angle more than whether Ophiuchus should now be part of predictive astrology, which is why I was sarcastic if not derisive in that earlier post about “changing boundaries” according to the dates, arbitrarily, being moved; for generally speaking I am not interested in predictive astrology at all. And it is arbitrary for any point could be used to anchor the “beginning” of the zodiac, it’s just that 0 Aries, for various and good reasons, has been used for some time.

But even Zero Degree Aries no longer corresponds to the Vernal Equinox as it did ages ago and so in that respect a lot could be said about the accuracy of the dates being offered as corresponding to one’s “sign” in the first place.)

The person who wrote this article obviously fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Yes I have spent time studying/observing overhead and yes I am aware that there is a discrepancy or shift in what appears on paper versus actual observance/calculations. This is not only the sidereal and tropical debate, but part of it. I do not have any “real” equipment though (telescope and so on), so limited in that respect.

I think there is a definite reason that this is being ramped up, that these writers are paid to put out their uninformed and incomplete/ignorant assumptions so as to sway the masses, also, for the most part, uninformed.

The so-called 13th sign written about on the 13th of January and in the year 2011 (13).

Plus the hoopla on the “Galactic Alignment” and 2012 stuff.

As always, caveat lector and do your homework!

FWIW
With kind regards,

Herakles

I received an email from John Halloran, an astrologer/programmer who is the creator of some of the best astrology software out there.

John Halloran said:
Anyone who questions you about the recent publicity given to the
zodiac or a new sign, tell them that is claimed by an astronomer
who knows nothing about astrology or even what the tropical
zodiac consists of.

Western astrologers became dissatisfied with the sidereal zodiac
of the constellations by the 5th century CE, and switched to the
tropical zodiac that astrologers in the West have used ever
since.

The tropical zodiac coincided with the constellations in
the year 221 CE. It took a couple of centuries, but astrologers
did figure out that planets, signs, and charts should be measured
from the equinox, not from a particular star.

Western astrology starts the signs from the north or ascending
node of intersection between the ecliptic and the celestial
equator, the zero Aries or equinox point. Nodes are the
intersections between planes and have always been important
points in astrology. The resulting ecliptic hemispheres are then
divided into the four quadrants and each quadrant has a beginning
space, a middle space, and an end space, just like life. These
are the signs of Western astrology. They are mathematically and
geometrically elegant, as opposed to the irregular groupings of
stars known as the constellations, which is what the Minnesota
astronomer and media talking heads are ultimately referring to.

You have permission to quote any of the above for any purpose.

Thank you very much for the many birthday wishes.

Regards,
-------------------------------------
John Halloran
john(at)halloran.com
http://www.halloran.com/
Halloran Software
P. O. Box 75713
Los Angeles, CA 90075 U.S.A.

Added: for a really good view of how scientists actually work the press to get attention, read Wm. Fix's book "The Bone Peddlers". This is just another example of some cheap stunt that really has no meaning except attracting attention.

I received an email from John Halloran, an astrologer/programmer who is the creator of some of the best astrology software out there.

I looked at his software yesterday online--it's impressive.

I found it odd that the story was carried so widely on mainstream networks. The symbology of adding a myth with a serpent to our zodiac is, to me, very curious. There's another word with the same root as Ophiuchus, Ophiolatreia, which means serpent worship. If the PTB wanted this story circulated, what might it symbolize?

Back
Top Bottom