2020 US Election - Let The Games Begin!

So, I have just learned that Donald Trump has been acquitted today. From RT:

Former President Donald Trump appeared emboldened by being acquitted in a Senate impeachment trial for a second time, making clear that he will seek to remain a major political force in the times to come.

Trump denounced the impeachment as "yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our country."He thanked his lawyers and the supporters who backed him through the Democrat effort to block him from ever seeking office again. The 74-year-old stopped short of saying that he will run for president in 2024, but he said the "Make America Great Again" movement has "only just begun."

"In the months ahead, I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people,"
Trump said in a statement immediately following Saturday's Senate impeachment vote. "There has never been anything like it."

House impeachment managers failed to achieve the two-thirds majority needed to convict Trump over his alleged incitement of the January 6 Capitol riot. The Senate voted 57-43 on Saturday in favor of impeachment, falling short of the 67 votes needed.

So, I have just learned that Donald Trump has been acquitted today. From RT:
After all the fuss about Jan. 6th incident at capitol Hill, all they could get is 2 extra republican senate votes? This tells how little, they can influence the senators or people's views( leaving aside all the people ideologically polarized). Republican Senators must have considered it as political witch hunt ( as it is) instead of media version.
House impeachment managers failed to achieve the two-thirds majority needed to convict Trump over his alleged incitement of the January 6 Capitol riot. The Senate voted 57-43 on Saturday in favor of impeachment, falling short of the 67 votes needed.

Democrats managed to win two more Republican votes than when the Senate voted in late January to go forward with the trial, rejecting a motion by Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) alleging that it would be unconstitutional to seek to convict Trump after he had left office, becoming a private citizen.

summary is this:

Last edited:
The saga becomes much more hilarious. :lol:
US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, normally a savvy political operator, managed to infuriate Republicans and Democrats of all stripes by both acquitting and excoriating former President Donald Trump over the Capitol riot.

McConnell (R-Kentucky) was among the 43 GOP senators who voted on Saturday to acquit Trump in the former president's second impeachment trial, leaving Democrats 10 votes short of the two-third majority that was constitutionally required for conviction. But McConnell then gave a speech blaming Trump as "practically and morally responsible" for provoking the January 6 riot – essentially the basis of the impeachment case against him -- and even suggested that Trump could be criminally prosecuted or sued in civil court for damages. He condemned Trump for "a disgraceful dereliction of duty."

"Impeachment was never meant to be the final forum for American justice,"
said McConnell, who voted against conviction because he didn't believe the Senate had the constitutional jurisdiction to convict a president who had already left office. McConnell added, "He didn't get away with anything yet. We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one."

If McConnell was trying to thread a political needle through warring factions, he apparently missed the mark as both sides bashed him for "trying to have it both ways." Democrats said it was absurd for McConnell to vote against conviction on a "technicality" when it was the senator himself, then majority leader, who allegedly blocked the impeachment trial from behind held before Trump left office.

"McConnell's literal claim right now: Trump did it, but the only time the Senate could lawfully try trump was in January, when I prevented it," MSNBC host Ari Melber said.

MSNBC producer Kyle Griffin agreed, saying, "Mitch McConnell will always be known as the man who delayed Trump's trial until after he left office and then voted to acquit on the grounds that Trump couldn't be tried after he left office."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) was incensed, saying McConnell was "trying to have it every which way" and joined with "a cowardly group of Republicans" in voting for acquittal.
McConnell also failed to win any friends in his own party. "If only McConnell was so righteous as the Democrats trampled Trump and the Republicans while pushing Russia collusion bulls**t for three years or while Dems incited 10 months of violence, arson and rioting," Donald Trump Jr. said.

Conservative author Mike Cernovich said McConnell's "self-destructive" speech would ensure that Republicans fail to take back control of the Senate in 2022. "Trump got the best of the dumbpeachment by far," Cernovich said. "He came out the winner. That's why Democrats called it quits and McConnell is ranting. They all know it. Trump won."
Back to external enemy - China?

The saga becomes much more hilarious. :lol:

Back to external enemy - China?
So basically vote against all Democratic senators and these Republicans.

Mitch McConnell (Kentucky)
Mitt Romney (Utah)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Ben Sasse (Nebraska)
Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania)
Richard Burr (North Carolina)
Bill Cassidy (Louisiana)

More greatness from Michael Vanderveer
I have to say that Trump's acquittal, along with the Lincoln Project imploding, Cuomo on the ropes and Newsom up for recall, has really lifted my spirits. I can only hope that a very large audience heard what Michael Vanderveer had to say. The people are going to have to take back their right to be heard and to be presented with unadulterated facts. Consumer boycotts of advertised products of specific broadcasts have had an impact in the past. A means other than Facebook/Twitter will have to be employed to communicate to those advertisers since only approved postings are allowed anymore.

Is it too much to expect that the house managers who brazenly tried to present false/manipulated evidence into the impeachment trial should receive some kind of punishment/sanction/penalty? At the very least, broad media exposure to the general public of what they did. I guess Tucker will do his part to achieve that end. Can relentless/persistent insistence for facts/truth turn this sideshow around? It would appear that deterioration has already begun!

More greatness from Michael Vanderveer

Correction:
Not Michael Vanderveer,

Michael T. van der Veen (born 1963)[1][better source needed][2] is an American attorney who specializes in personal injury law.[3] He represented former president Donald Trump during his second impeachment trial in the United States Senate, which resulted in acquittal on February 13, 2021.

The 2020 election proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the futility of voting against the 'selected' candidate.
I had thought the same initially. However, we use our free will to vote, they use their free will to cheat, and they will apparently incur some kind of juju for cheating against our free will. Hopefully our vote has some kind of signaling effect too.

As per The Epoch Times:

Former President Donald Trump made a statement after the Senate voted to acquit him in his second impeachment trial with a vote of 57-43.

Read the full statement here:

I want to first thank my team of dedicated lawyers and others for their tireless work upholding justice and defending truth.

My deepest thanks as well to all of the United States Senators and Members of Congress who stood proudly for the Constitution we all revere and for the sacred legal principles at the heart of our country.

Our cherished Constitutional Republic was founded on the impartial rule of law, the indispensable safeguard for our liberties, our rights and our freedoms.

It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago.

I also want to convey my gratitude to the millions of decent, hardworking, law-abiding, God-and-Country loving citizens who have bravely supported these important principles in these very difficult and challenging times.

Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!

We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.

Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

We remain one People, one family, and one glorious nation under God, and it’s our responsibility to preserve this magnificent inheritance for our children and for generations of Americans to come.

May God bless all of you, and may God forever bless the United States of America.

Is it too much to expect that the house managers who brazenly tried to present false/manipulated evidence into the impeachment trial should receive some kind of punishment/sanction/penalty? At the very least, broad media exposure to the general public of what they did. I guess Tucker will do his part to achieve that end. Can relentless/persistent insistence for facts/truth turn this sideshow around? It would appear that deterioration has already begun!
Initially, I thought republican senators voted against the impeachment out of their survival need as a political party. But that doesn't seems to be so. This no non-sense lawyer (Michael T. van der Veen) was very courageous despite all sorts of attacks on his family and his group. This is a very good interview of his thoughts. It looks the deep state's aim to make example of Trump for anybody who opposes it failed because of his team.

I came across this article and by the time I read first sentence, my jaw dropped.:jawdrop: No need to read further.
Now that the election is over and President Biden is installed in the White House, it’s safe for the truth about his character to dribble out.
Really? "Land of Free" - For whom or What?

TRUMP returns to Mar-a-Lago after his acquittal.

More. . .

Back
Top Bottom