4 spice chocolate buckwheat bread

Adaryn said:
Thanks for that recipe Abstract. I've tried it yesterday, had run out of butter so used coconut oil (thickened), xylitol, pure cocoa powder, and added corn starch to the buckwheat + a bit of vanilla to the spices (cinammon, ginger and nutmeg, no clove). We ate it with frozen cherries. Was good!

Just checking Adaryn, are you still using corn starch, because I thought that we were supposed to avoid corn?

Shijing said:
abstract said:
i have yet to try the date bread...too lazy to go get dates for it. :P

You can actually try a variation which uses something other than dates -- I've been using bananas for the past couple of times I made this, and it makes really nice banana bread for example.

Shijing, do you also use the pasta as is shown in the video of Laura? because we don't have that pasta here,

Can i then create the buckwheat bread with bananas without the pasta that is used in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnFjmux6CI

Bo said:
Shijing said:
abstract said:
i have yet to try the date bread...too lazy to go get dates for it. :P

You can actually try a variation which uses something other than dates -- I've been using bananas for the past couple of times I made this, and it makes really nice banana bread for example.

Shijing, do you also use the pasta as is shown in the video of Laura? because we don't have that pasta here,

Can i then create the buckwheat bread with bananas without the pasta that is used in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNnFjmux6CI

I'm confused as to what you mean by pasta. Do you mean the buckwheat flour? I don't think there was any pasta used in the buckwheat date bread. Usually when I think of pasta I think of noodles. Just thought I'd ask for clarity.

Hi 3D student ,

I mean the 2 cups of date PASTE around 1:35, i read it as pasta sorry, but still that product isn´t available here.

Bo said:
Hi 3D student ,

I mean the 2 cups of date PASTE around 1:35, i read it as pasta sorry, but still that product isn´t available here.

Oh ok, sorry I didn't think about that. I have had a hard time finding it too. But in the video I think Laura says you can just use only whole dates. So you would use 4 cups of dates and not 2 cups of paste and 2 cups of whole dates.

3D Student said:
Bo said:
Hi 3D student ,

Oh ok, sorry I didn't think about that. I have had a hard time finding it too. But in the video I think Laura says you can just use only whole dates. So you would use 4 cups of dates and not 2 cups of paste and 2 cups of whole dates.

I see, thanks 3D! guess I can just use bananas instead of the dates and not worry about the paste.

Bo said:
I see, thanks 3D! guess I can just use bananas instead of the dates and not worry about the paste.

No problem, I think you might need to experiment a little with it. Bananas might need a different amount, but I would start with directly substituting with 4 cups of bananas. I've done the date bread with 2 cups of dates and 2 cups raisins and it turned out fine.

Guys I want to share with you guys that I made my first Buchwheat bread with bananas and that it tastes great!! YEAAH! :headbanger: :clap: I am really happy about this , considering I am a disaster at cooking. :D

Bo said:
Guys I want to share with you guys that I made my first Buchwheat bread with bananas and that it tastes great!! YEAAH! :headbanger: :clap: I am really happy about this , considering I am a disaster at cooking. :D

Way to go Bo! It's a great feeling to be able to master cooking something healthy AND delicious isn't it?

Bo said:

Awesome! Yeah, this is a good feeling. I'm always a bit amazed when a new recipe turns out well the first time for me too. I've had so many disasters in the past I've just learned to accept it. :P Keep up the good work! :clap:

Way to go Bo! It's a great feeling to be able to master cooking something healthy AND delicious isn't it?
Awesome! Yeah, this is a good feeling. I'm always a bit amazed when a new recipe turns out well the first time for me too. I've had so many disasters in the past I've just learned to accept it. Tongue Keep up the good work!

It definitely is, and now I can also experiment with it a little, and I am going to try the other recipes as well :D

Back
Top Bottom