Across the universe

The rabbit

The Cosmic Force
Did a search in site engine under movies and presently cant see an entry.

Watched this film yesterday evening. Had been avoiding it for some reason , maybe because im not really that big into musicals. Anyway was very surprised at the interpretation of the beatles songs and the imagery used in this film. Very anti war theme.

A love story set in the 60 s A guy from Liverpool who sets off to find his father who had been posted at a U.S. base near Liverpool.

I just received this as a gift. For one who sorta grew up listening to Beatles' music, it was fun. One of my favorite scenes was the cameo appearance by the Statue of Liberty.

l_autre_d said:
One of my favorite scenes was the cameo appearance by the Statue of Liberty.

Yes mine too , this was absolutely amazing and spot on , I really thought it was a tank at first , which of course is what it was representing. That particular segment of being processed / drafted into the army / war machine was indeed very powerful .

Away With The Fairys said:
Watched this film yesterday evening. Had been avoiding it for some reason , maybe because im not really that big into musicals.

I started to watch this movie a few months ago, but like you, am not too fond of musicals and the Grease type opening left me flat. I quit at about 15 minutes in.

The fact that the fellow who produced all of the songs in the film is an old friend of mine since the 60s brought me back to it last week. With his work, I knew that the movie had to have some redeeming moments. Boy did it ever.

A thoroughly enjoyable movie and a very respectful treatment of some of the Beatles' classic tunes. A tip of the hat to the writers for tying together the lyric content of the songs into the story line - and the comfortable insertion of the Janis and Jimi characters into a montage of the 60s mythos.

I watched this movie yesterday with my daughter and her friend. I was at Penn State in the early seventies. The war, the riots, the politics. It was a trip down memory lane.

Back
Top Bottom