All About Fasting

Fasting, Gluten, MSG, Soy, Blood Type Diet

aurora said:
mike:If they banned MSG, the drug companies would lose billions. Think about how much money they make treating all of these symptoms.
The more one reads (on all subjects) the more it makes you realise that it seems there is not one single aspect of our lives that is not subject to manipulation with extreme negative consequences. Grrrr makes me Angry.

I can see how by taking impeccable care with what goes into your machine there would be a doubly positive aspect of better health and increased awareness. As Gudjieff discusses in finding constant reminders to remember yourself. If every time you put something in your mouth you acknowledge it is going to contribute to poisoning you and slowly killing you, then surely it will assist in 'staying awake'.
I can see the importance of experiments on oneself and how sacrifices of those things that taste nice but kill you can be an important step along the way. Thanks Laura for a health kick. Food for thought...starting now by giving up gluten.

Good lord! The following stood out like a giant red flag!!!

Aurora said:
interview said:
Mike: I find a lot of the vegetarian foods, or so-called health foods, use yeast extracts.

Dr. Blaylock: The worst of the things they're doing are the soy extracts. Soybeans, naturally, have one of the highest glutamate levels of any of the plant products. When you hydrolyze it, you release the glutamate, and the soy protein isolates. The glutamate levels are higher than a lot of what you'll find in MSG products, yet the vegetarians are just eating it like it's the healthiest thing in the world.

There was a 25-year study done, which looked at people who consumed the most soy products, and they followed them for 25 years and did serial CT scans. They found out that the people who consumed the most soybean products had the greatest incidence of dementia and brain atrophy.

These people are destroying their nervous system, and I talked to a lot of them who complained of severe migraine headaches. I said, "Get off the soy," and they do, and that migraine headache goes away. In addition, you have very high manganese levels, which is toxic to the very same part of the brain that produces Parkinson's. You've got a mixture of toxins with soy products, and the people think they are eating a healthy, nutritious product. It's destroying their nervous system, as well as other organs.

Mike: In this whole debate of soy versus cow's milk, we find misinformation in both camps.

Dr. Blaylock: I wouldn't recommend either one. If you're obsessed with milk, use goat's milk. It's closer to human milk, but I wouldn't recommend cow's milk or soy milk. I think people ought to avoid soy products as if they were poison. [...]

Mike: What about the argument from food companies? I actually got into a debate with a veggie burger manufacturer, because I wrote an article that said their product had yeast extract in it, and yet the front label said, "100 percent all-natural ingredients." They said, "Well, glutamate appears naturally in other foods, like tomatoes and seaweed." What's your answer to that kind of defense?

Dr. Blaylock: Sure, but you see, all of these types of glutamate are bound. They're in oligosaccharides, polysaccharides. They are bound in amino acids groupings. They're not free amino acids. If you have it as a complex protein, you absorb it in your GI tract. In the GI tract, there are almost no free amino acids if you eat foods such as tomatoes. The level of free amino acids is nil; it's almost all absorbed as combined amino acids, and then it's only broken down in the liver, where it's released in very low concentrations that the body can deal with. It was never meant to have free amino acids in such high concentrations.

Well, when you hydrolyze them -- or you use yeast extract or enzymes to break down these various proteins into their free, released amino acids -- they're not natural any longer. What you've done is artificially release the amino acids in an unnatural way, and when they enter your GI tract, they are absorbed as free amino acids, then your blood level of that glutamic acid goes up significantly. As I said, it can go up as high as 20-fold, in some cases 40-fold. Your blood brain barrier is not constructed to handle such high levels of glutamate, because it doesn't naturally occur that way. It can handle the lower levels, but it can't handle these very high levels. So this argument, "Oh, it's natural," is just a lot of nonsense.

I have a background in health care, which means little more than I spent alot of money and time going to school, and went on restricted diet using certain supplements to help decrease or purge toxins from my body. The reason was an uruly skin condition to which I nor any other doctor was able to name, meaning it did not look alot like any one thing or act alot like any one thing over another.
I will try and be brief in its description:
The issue manifested physically 8 months prior to my self prescribed treatment. The key features were:
1) started with severe dry cracking skin with fissures only on the hands lasting about 4 months
2) it progressed to a red well circumscribed discoloration of skin on the back of my hands that was puritic and produced flaking skin
3) it moved up my left arm to about the point of where a short sleeved shirt would reach; my hands were scaly and very sore with scabbing occuring where the fissures were so deep they bled.

I began a 30 day diet in which I only ate whole grains that were non gluten producing grains, fruit, vegetables and limited amounts of meat protein. The meat proteins I would eat were organically produced, no antibiotics or un-natural diet for the animals. I also used some supplements that are meant to aid the body by providing the nutrients essential in processing toxins and in support of the liver. In the middle of this process I went on a three day 'fast' in which all I did was drink lemon water and take the supplements I was using. I came off of the fast with a diet that was made up of organic vegetable broth and organic veggies in very small amounts. I finished out the 30 days with the diet outlined previously. The results were tremendous. All symptoms were relieved within 2 weeks, I lost 10 pounds and felt like I had more energy than I had in previous memory.

Fasting can be dangerous if you are having serious health issues and are chronically ill. It is recommended that you go into a fast already having established some good dietary habits if you are experiencing chronic illness or have a serious health issue. It prepares your body and is just plain old good for you to eat healthy whole foods to begin with. Many of the health conditions that are prevalent today are, at least in part, a result of poor dietary habits or lack of quality of food. This is of course in my experience which is mainly due to an education that has flaws due to its lack of depth of investigation and its use of the standard 'Scientific Method' of investigation.

Great topic thanks for the space to share my experience.

this gets more and more complicated everytime I look a bit further. trying to stick to a type-A diet is very awkward!
Cow's milk is out, but so is the substitute: soya-milk. I think I better get a goat...
potatoes are out, but so is the alternative wheat-flour based bread and pasta.
vegetarian stuff (the staple of type-A) is 'stuffed' full of yeast extracts, with glutomate oozing out of it.

there's nothing left! :o

I'm going to have to live the rest of my days on a diet consisting purely of... marshmallows. :D

I feel your pain SV. Being blood type O I am also supposed to avoid pretty much everything but meat and certain vegetables. But it is not easy to avoid wheat-flour based foods these days. Pasta is definitely a guilty pleasure!

Reactions: KJS

sleepyvinny said:
this gets more and more complicated everytime I look a bit further. trying to stick to a type-A diet is very awkward!
Cow's milk is out, but so is the substitute: soya-milk. I think I better get a goat...
potatoes are out, but so is the alternative wheat-flour based bread and pasta.
vegetarian stuff (the staple of type-A) is 'stuffed' full of yeast extracts, with glutomate oozing out of it.

there's nothing left! :o

I'm going to have to live the rest of my days on a diet consisting purely of... marshmallows. :D
It is easy to get caught up in all of the new research and the new thought processes being professed by professionals but I sometimes wonder if we are making this to hard. While blood type may reveal issues that are related to specific or even non specific disease processes it is not the only factor. When it comes to diet I am of the thought that simple is better. The closer the food product you are eatting is to the source that it came from the better it is and the easier it is for the body and spirit to process. That, of course, means that the food has to come from a source that is considered food in it original form to begin with.

Man made anything that is not found in nature or is made to mock something that is found naturally seems to have adverse effects on the entire system of being. This is evidenced in, what seems to me, all aspects of this world and its functions.

This is not to say that I do not like your idea of living soley off of marshmallows... I like mine toasted over a fire.

Beau said:
Pasta is definitely a guilty pleasure!
There are some very good rice pasta substitutes. And be glad that tomatoes are good for type O! One of the great pleasures in life is a good sauce on pasta! Also, don't forget spaghetti squash. A good sauce on this squash is absolutely divine!

And believe me, you CAN make fantastic breads and cakes and muffins with rice and tapioca flours! The BEST cake I EVER made - bar NONE - was made with rice and tapioca flour and cornstarch. (Yeah, I know that corn is not supposed to be good for Os, but compared to gluten, corn is harmless!) It was devil's food with a wonderful buttercream frosting. I split it open and filled it with a chocolate bavarian cream made with rice milk. Definitely death by chocolate - and mostly legal!

I like them chewy. as long as no-one lets on that marshmallows contain gelatine made from pigs, I'll be juuust fine... ;)

When it comes to diet I am of the thought that simple is better. The closer the food product you are eatting is to the source that it came from the better it is and the easier it is for the body and spirit to process. That, of course, means that the food has to come from a source that is considered food in it original form to begin with.

Man made anything that is not found in nature or is made to mock something that is found naturally seems to have adverse effects on the entire system of being.
I totally agree, I think that's the bottom line really.

I have fasted several times from 3 to 9 days but never only in water. I have used 100 percent organic juices, different teas and honey. Camomile is one of the best tea material because of relaxing and detoxifying effects. Water should be the best quality. I charge it with stirring.

I have had also unsuccesful fasts. Like eating meat on the first going-out day. Awful consequences for a long time.

The energetic action during the process is undulatory in nature. I mean that the periods of craving for foods are alternating with being "high on your own inherent energy".

The one characteristic issue of the ebb tide in fasting is that your mind starts to reason out hundreds of arguments to end it. But you must master them. First battles are the most crucial. It is the process of reprogramming your machine and it won't come without suffering.

In the going-in period I recommend foods like apples and brown rice and 100 percent juices (without any additives!) that contain lot of fiber to clean out your system. And they load you up with vitamins and minerals.

You should really know your system before going to fast. If you have eaten your whole life like an unconscious animal and the other day start drinking only water, you risk a bad end.

The more toxic you are and the more radically you start the more problems you will have. So make your progress slowly. Though, starting to eat again is definitely the hardest part in the whole program. This must begin with watery and easily digestible products: fruit and vegetable porridges.

Gurdjieff had a recomendation that during the initial phase of fasting the toxic waste must be used up with the help of physical labor.

And I don't imagine fasting without giving up smoking. If blood is purified and system is clean the inhaled material and other drugs are like knives pierced into your brain. The effect is really unpleasantly overwhelming.

I am AB blood-type.

This morning my son made fruit juice, a blend of black grapes, green apples, carrots and some oranges. (Bythe way I did not have anything else for breakfast) I drank about two full glasses and oh my ! My kidneys worked a lot and I visited the bathroom I don't know how many times. I liked it because I have hypertension and I'm on medication but I forgot to measure my blood pressure. I don't know if I could leave the medication by drinking fruit juice alone. I'll have to do some real research on how to lower my blood pressure with eating or drinking the right stuff. And today I did not eat any bread.

just a few thoughts:when the "white man" meets a new indigineus people the first thing he gets them addicted to is usualy coffee ,tobacco and white weaten flour.
I have often wondered if the French queen maie-antoanette ,you know the one that supposedly said "let them eat cake "when told that the peasants were revplting actually meant if our peasants were eating cake made with highly refined
wheat flour instead of whole grain rye bread they would not be revolting because they would have been dumbed down
and then there is the roman bread and games number wheat bread again given to the "masses"to keep them "happy'
so it seems that having the people addicted to guten has been a strategy of the PTB for a long long time
I am a O type and always loved my rye bread but sadly most rye breads have 50% wheat flour because rye has NO gluten so the bread wont "glue"together,
the only 100% rye bread is PUMPERNICKEL not really a bread more a steamed
grain pudding cut into slices
I alswo remember reading that Buddah while he was fasting for however long
ate some hemp seed every day , go and google them aparently full of goodness
all the extras the human body needs in exactly the right combination
maybe the rastafarians got it almost right ,hemp is THE HERB only you are supposed to eat the seed not smoke the plant
RRR

aurora said:
This morning my son made fruit juice, a blend of black grapes, green apples, carrots and some oranges. (Bythe way I did not have anything else for breakfast) I drank about two full glasses and oh my ! My kidneys worked a lot and I visited the bathroom I don't know how many times. I liked it because I have hypertension and I'm on medication but I forgot to measure my blood pressure. I don't know if I could leave the medication by drinking fruit juice alone. I'll have to do some real research on how to lower my blood pressure with eating or drinking the right stuff. And today I did not eat any bread.
One day is one step in the right direction!

Eliminating gluten is not so easy as just eliminating bread. Do some research on the net to find out where else gluten hides in food.

I think that if you just work on this one issue, you may find a lot of improvement in many ways. But, as I noted, you will have to find a substitute.

One of the desserts I make that has transitioned to no-gluten fantastically is my "banana trifle." I make a couple of 9 inch round cakes with rice and tapioca flour. Then I slice them across so that I have four layers. Then, I make a pot of banana pudding: tapioca, rice milk, a little butter, some eggs and sugar. Add the vanilla and bananas at the end when you have turned off the heat.

THEN, put one of the cake layers carefully into the bottom of a big bowl. If it tends to fall apart a bit, that's okay. Pour on a layer of banana pudding. Next layer of cake, then pudding, cake, pudding, etc. Then, put on a layer of slightly sweetened whipped cream. (Or not, if you are avoiding dairy.) Refrigerate until cold.

You can make both the cake and the pudding with honey if you are also wanting to avoid regular sugar.

The tapioca pudding base can be used with many other fruits in the same way. So, if you have what seems to be a sweet tooth craving and you need to bootstrap yourself out of going for stuff with gluten in it, this is a good way to do it.

You can also make corn fritters in place of bread to have with soups and stews and salads. Just use corn flour/meal with baking powder, eggs, a little oil, salt and rice milk. to make a very thick batter. VERY thick. Then spoon into hot oil to fry. (You can also spoon into muffin pans and bake.) They are really good with minced onion added and you can add a can of corn and grated cheese, also. They are also FAST, so when that craving for gluten (which masks itself as a carb craving) comes along, there are ways to trick the body.

These are things you can do with what is generally available in any ordinary supermarket.

Once you get into the serious no-gluten cooking, and if you have a number of tastes to satisfy, then you will have to find a source of supplies like guar gum, agar-agar, and other batter enhancing things that replace the "sticky" effect of the gluten in baked goods. Apparently, making pies and similar pastries without wheat flour is quite an art. Haven't done that yet, but it's in the planning stages next month.

Like I said, rice pasta seems to be easily available, and you can also get chinese rice noodles. I've read that you can use the Chinese rice paper thingies to wrap vegetables and even chicken, to fry them (with a coating of herbs and seasonings) and it makes a marvelous crispy coating.

Of course, frying food is not optimal, but as we have already said, one has to go after this one step at a time. Getting gluten out of your life is the first, hardest step but it can be made a lot easier by finding really tasty substitutes that assuage the cravings while your body is adjusting.

There is also rice macaroni that you can use in seafood salads with a lot of celery, onion and even grated carrots and peas or beans.

So, believe me, life without gluten is not a barren wasteland!

Once you achieve that, then you begin refining what you are preparing and eating within moderation and not trying to change too much at once. Only later, as has been mentioned, when your health is relatively stable, should you attempt a cleansing fast!

rrraven said:
just a few thoughts:when the "white man" meets a new indigineus people the first thing he gets them addicted to is usualy coffee ,tobacco and white weaten flour.
You must have missed class the day they talked about the fact that tobacco is a Native American product used by the NAs for centuries before the white man. And the fact that it is the Fascist government that seeks to control tobacco suggest that there might actually be something good about smoking. After all, when have they ever done anything that was really for your good?

rrraven said:
I alswo remember reading that Buddah while he was fasting for however long
ate some hemp seed every day , go and google them aparently full of goodness
all the extras the human body needs in exactly the right combination.
Please provide a source for the Buddha quote.

rrraven said:
maybe the rastafarians got it almost right ,hemp is THE HERB only you are supposed to eat the seed not smoke the plant
RRR
Maybe so! And also note that hemp is not necessarily something that is full of THC.

Rauno said:
And I don't imagine fasting without giving up smoking. If blood is purified and system is clean the inhaled material and other drugs are like knives pierced into your brain. The effect is really unpleasantly overwhelming.
Agreed, commercial cigarettes with white paper wrappings should be ditched! But not necessarily tobacco. We've got a series of articles in the SOTT archive under "Health and Wellness" on the subject. Do a search to get some details.

Laura said:
I think that if you just work on this one issue, you may find a lot of improvement in many ways. But, as I noted, you will have to find a substitute.
There is also oatmeal. Very good for digestion too.

later edit: Hmm..scratch that. Apparently it's not safe after all:
http://nh.essortment.com/allergiesoatmea_raby.htm
For many people who suffer wheat and gluten allergy or intolerance, oatmeal also becomes and unsafe option. While oats themselves do not contain gluten, they do contain a protein which is relatively similar and current farming techniques create concerns as well. It is not uncommon for a farmer to rotate his oat crops with his wheat, rye or barley crops from year to year, and millers often encounter kernels from volunteer wheat when processing the oats.
So it basically leaves mainly rice.

Back
Top Bottom