Another question for young forum members--education

Hi Neil,

I would suggest just help those who ASK, and only to the extent that they ask, but no more than that. And try your best to learn to SEE who is truly asking, and who is not, and to what extent. It helps to remember that there is no rush to wake anyone up, that everyone learns at their own pace in their own time.

And as for being surrounded by an institution designed for indoctrination and mind programming, just observe and learn from it what you can - since there is something to learn from everything. This forum is a good place to "release" that creative energy, but also there are other places to do so without directly getting into conflict with the system and putting yourself in unnecessary heat. Think of stuff like the pentagon flash, blogs, websites, etc - all potential outlets of creative energy.

And remember you're not alone even if in your immediate surroundings it may seem to appear that way.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, I'm 26, and been through the race for grades in high school, and my short year in college, Bleh...

I agree that it was geared to all about knowing what you needed to know, not learning what you were interested in. However, I did find interesting topics that I was able to look into myself after school, or by asking the teacher after class. The HS I went to kept us very busy though so that wasn't too often. What a great way for the system to keep people robotic.

College was crappy for me, because I chose a major based on how much pay/prestige it had, Electrical Engineering. I do like math, science, and electricity, but not in the engineering aspect. Some professors were horrible and just recited rules. Some got us to open up and think about things, and not be so robotic, lol. It was still overload for me, so I decided to leave and do something else.

After leaving there, I learned more about electricity, and realized I should have done something more hands on, like electrician. But then, the money/prestige thing came into play again. It stinks to see how that was pounded into my head by society. I went into computer networking, and had a lot of fun learning about that, since it was hands on. The job market for that wasn't too stable (ever since the dot com crash), so I went back to electrical stuff.

Now I am doing an apprenticeship in an electrical utility and so far I like it the best out of any job/school I had. Only bummer is that its out in Los Angeles, California, so I am away from friends, family... and in a spot that the C's said would be hit hard. But then the utility back in New York might open up (at less pay- blah the money program is still there)... so at least I can carry this experience over and learn more there if I return. The jobs won't be perfect, but at least there is some interest on my part, which makes it that much easier than forcing yourself into a job just because society says its good.

Some people learn much better by seeing, and playing with stuff, or by directly experiencing it. Some learn by the traditional method... be it books or lectures. I am glad that the trade unions are starting to advertise more at high schools, giving an alternative for people who may not fit in with college, but would like to learn something technical.

freetrinity, I liked that article about the students not reading for pleasure. It was the same for me in school, until I left and had more free time. Thats when I found some interesting stuff online, eventually finding this awesome cass site!

I guess just do what you can do. If you are really interested in what you are studying, then you can have the motivation to work through the boring stuff, and excel at the classes where they give you more freedom. Of course, you can continue to learn things outside of the curriculum, like about the hyperdimensional reality :)

Thanks for your input, sleepyvinny.

I guess what it all comes down to is the conclusion that we reached that I shouldn't just 'bust out' of the system and do something dramatic like quit school because my views have changed. Instead, a careful 'easing out' seems like a good idea, where I take what I am taught in school with a grain of salt and try to get what I can out of it to facilitate my self-growth.
As you put it so well:
sleepyvinny said:
Life is education, so education doesn't stop, it isn't some kind of time-limited, rationed event. Instead it gradually changes and evolves as you do. how to work out balancing your 'normal' outward life with you 'real' spiritual life - well for me this is something that gradually evolved also.
This is ultimately what I am striving for - some kind of balance to my education process. I have just barely begun my journey - I'm a newbie - but I am sure of the fact that what I have experienced internally thus far during this short period of 're-education' and 'awakening' feels true and the knowledge that I have gained is priceless.
Needless to say, I have a long way to go, but with all of your advice (all of you guys' and gals' posts in the SOTT forum have been most helpful!) and with all of the literature and knowledge at my disposal, I am confident that I can stay 'sane' and objective enough in my mind to survive and even prosper internally in the coming years. After all, "knowledge protects."

Back to my reading, then... :)

sHiZo963 said:
This is ultimately what I am striving for - some kind of balance to my education process. I have just barely begun my journey - I'm a newbie
Not to inflate your self-importance, but realize that while you may consider yourself a 'newbie', 99% (or more) of those you see every day in your classes are completely and totally asleep. Perhaps it would be best to keep this in mind as you work your way through the system, learning what may help you and ignoring that which will cloud your thinking (chances are this distinction will be clear in some cases and not so clear in others).

Anyway, this sleep of those around you is often so highly valued that they would die for it - I suppose this is where that phrase "be wise as serpents and gentle as doves" comes in - and where your balance is found. It will take conscious effort on your part, but at least you have the advantage of understanding, from the beginning, that all is not as it seems.

Also, try to remember to use this resource - when you are so inclined, keep contact here and report back, ask questions, vent or simply ponder. You are, after all, starting off with a perspective I can only dream of having had. I honestly did not begin to think critically until I was in my thirties (and I have an engineering degree) - so - try to understand and value this perspective of yours. ;)

Neil said:
So my question is, have/are any of you ever had a problem of balancing your spiritual life while still trying to appear relatively normal in the real world and it's institutions?

How did/are you dealing with it? How do you view education as a whole?

Does it ever change, or do you change and work your way around it?

So in essence, how do you stay intellectually respectable in the Control System, while pursuing your own freedom?

Is it necessary to bust out of the MCS by suddenly rejecting it's precepts and drawing a lot of attention and ridicule, or is it possible and more beneficial to ease your way out?
Put those there for my own reference.

I've never had a problem with balance. Occasionally the desire to just "get up and walk out" of my life pops into my head, but generally i enjoy the "sleep" sotospeak, friends that i can talk with (have a few good ones IRL), Video games that i obsess about (World of Warcraft), and good fiction everyonce in awhile. While im in this state i observe as much of myself as possible, learn my nuisances, how i deal with specific people and situations. Basically getting into the "Know Thyself" routine. I believe this is critical for myself, at this point.

Education was, well.. educating! I learned how to make it appear as if i was learning, while at the same time learning something else all together! High school is BS, and so is most of college but don't get me wrong, classes can be useful. Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, cellular biology, and genetics were the most useful classes i've ever had. I can understand chemical action within our bodies, i have pretty good understanding of DNA and how it works, mutations, cancers, etc. So don't throw out the baby with the bathwater - there are some subjects that can be taught in classroom setting in which you don't get 100% bull, but mostly you have to wait till college.

Personally i changed alot, and my education changed as well. As i got older i picked up more independent reading, more non-fiction. Now that i work 40 hours a week at a very mentally dry job, i have more books in my reading pile then ever before. And i find it much easier for me to "teach myself" when i'm not being "taught" in the traditional sense.

For me it's no longer "intellectual responsibility" but "financial responsbility". To cope with my low paying job-ness I am currently living at home. My family is great in that they're totally asleep, except my brother, who's exactly like me, but 4-5 year behind. It's a great enviroment to test out the stuff I've learned here. Esp learning how to disconnect your negative emotions from your thought/motive centers, my father's a petty tyrant, and he's proud of it!

I've had the same thoughts as you, should i just "Get up and Walk Out?", no expectations, no desires, just a pure intent to "Go forth and walk the world learning each step of the way"... Yeah, i wish.

I'm too attached to friends, family, video games, and other "activities" that keep me enamored in the matrix. I figure it's all gotta come crashing down around me sooner or later, so why not "enjoy it while it lasts".

Hope that answers yer q's.

Thank you, anart, for your sound advice.
anart said:
"be wise as serpents and gentle as doves" comes in - and where your balance is found. It will take conscious effort on your part, but at least you have the advantage of understanding, from the beginning, that all is not as it seems.
...and how powerful this understanding is!! I feel like a new person from who I was only a year ago. I'm confident that with the help of you guys I can find a balance relatively quickly.
anart said:
Also, try to remember to use this resource - when you are so inclined, keep contact here and report back, ask questions, vent or simply ponder.
Ever since I found SOTT and the Cass websites, I have literally been visiting every day, reading and learning all that I can. Good to know that I am welcome here :)
anart said:
You are, after all, starting off with a perspective I can only dream of having had. I honestly did not begin to think critically until I was in my thirties (and I have an engineering degree) - so - try to understand and value this perspective of yours. ;)
Even though I may be waking up 'young', consider the state of the world and, more importantly, the year! This is THE time to wake up, IMO ... check out the topic 'Young Forum Members/ The lure of attractive new age groups' and you will see how many young people such as myself are waking up. I was mentally capable of this at the age of 16, but didn't for one reason or another, and now I can't help but feel a bit 'pressed' for time - to learn all that I can before it is too late (only have about six more years if what the C's say is true). I wonder: are there any of you feeling this also?

What is reassuring is that I am not alone in this, and this forum is a testament to this. What is even more reassuring is that in the back of my mind I know that what is happening is meant to be - that, though I wish I could be accelerated more (sometimes MUCH more), I know (and have been taught by the C's) that "All there is... is lessons" and so every moment, every experience is actually a lesson that my being was meant to learn in my cosmic journey. This understanding, in and of itself, makes my life that much more meaningful than anything I ever knew.

Thanks for listening :)

sHiZo963 said:
Even though I may be waking up 'young', consider the state of the world and, more importantly, the year! This is THE time to wake up, IMO ... check out the topic 'Young Forum Members/ The lure of attractive new age groups' and you will see how many young people such as myself are waking up. I was mentally capable of this at the age of 16, but didn't for one reason or another, and now I can't help but feel a bit 'pressed' for time - to learn all that I can before it is too late (only have about six more years if what the C's say is true). I wonder: are there any of you feeling this also?

What is reassuring is that I am not alone in this, and this forum is a testament to this. What is even more reassuring is that in the back of my mind I know that what is happening is meant to be - that, though I wish I could be accelerated more (sometimes MUCH more), I know (and have been taught by the C's) that "All there is... is lessons" and so every moment, every experience is actually a lesson that my being was meant to learn in my cosmic journey. This understanding, in and of itself, makes my life that much more meaningful than anything I ever knew.

Thanks for listening :)
I think the SOTT team is making the Cass stuff way more accessible, which is attracting younger members such as you.
Also, the internet has grown in terms of audience, which helps spread the word.

Anart, you got in at a good time, no biggie it didnt happen at 16 or 21 or whatever. What matters is that you are here now. Maybe the wave had less of an effect a while back, so you had less 'push'. Not to mention the shit hitting the fan now.. which sucks, but I'm glad people are starting to question things more!!!

Awesome thread!

I guess it could be quite difficult to deal with the education of the Control Systen these days, specially when you're young. I'm finishing my education and I think a few things might help...

Know thyself. It is not that easy as we would think. Its kind of the same analysis of the Control System and how it came to be, but bringing it a step closer to home. A careful analysis of you comes into mind. Sometimes we are raised to NOT know ourselves. We are raised to know others, to be able to predict what others expect of us, and to meet (or fail to meet) that explicit of implicit need. But this for just one example. Finding out why you do the things you do may help to cope better with the restraints of your immediate reality, including thought control of educational systems. The why and the means of the predator mind... how the machine works as Gurdjieff will say. There are some books that may help us to learn more about ourselves in a more practical way, and because of the nature of our society, those books have to do with narcissism. I think psychology books about narcissism helps to understand and know ourselves better (i.e. Trapped in the Mirror by Elan Golomb).

Role and talents. You have to function in this world, and what is more, with the knowledge you have, you can be a great light in the darkness out there. Learning how to play your role in this world ("mastering life") with external consideration and non-internal consideration, but at the same time, setting healthy boundaries with the Control System. Invest your talents like in the parable of the talents, the things you are good at and the things you like to do. Okay, said like that, sounds very easy. But then maybe it doesn't have to be that difficult either. The interesting thing is that knowing ourselves as I mentioned above can render the process a lot more easier, they are in sense related.

In a sense the Control System can be seen as a petty tyrant, maybe you can't do anything about it, but then may be you do. It helps you to develop patience, control, discipline, forbearance and timing (all good and desirable traits). By careful analysis of how it works, you can start investing your energies in means that would help you and others, going through this system wise as serpents but gentle as doves. Maybe there is nothing to do with the Control System, but at least you could make a difference in this world. Also playing your role so as not to attract more enemies that you could handle ;-) , it's better to make friends that could help you pursue further your goals of helping others. It doesn't have to be egocentrical ;-)

Petty tyrants. An education system free of them is too much asking in this world. A careful study of ponerology, psychopathy, covert aggressive personalities, narcissism, etc... gives an immunization and awareness of these elements/persons.

Hmmm, I will suggest then to keep studying ourselves and this world and developing the necessary skills to help further our goals for humanity ;-)

The goal is to help others, having this in mind helps a lot.

Maybe there is more to this subject, but at least a few thoughts...

Let's see.... You have physical survival, mental survival, emotional survival. Surviving physically takes a ton of pressure off and makes the other two much easier. It's like designing your own D & D game. Pick a character, who do you want to seem to be? Do you prefer the really high income bracket (more schooling), or lower income bracket (less schooling)? Physical work, or deskwork? Outdoors or indoors? And, yes, what kind things bring you fun/joy/challenge/excitement are -very- important! Why? What greater chamo in the system than to have a job you actually like doing?

Hmm. Do you like digging around for facts? Doing things with your hands? Designing things with your mind? Enjoy out-calculating others? Find some of those "interests/talents/careers" type books out there to give you some ideas of where your 'possible' talents can lead you. This may help you avoid the drugery many of us already out in the work force have to daily endure, and thus keep you more alert for matrix survival.

Another thing to consider in a career is mobility. Could your career choice be automated, digitized or outsourced somehow in the future? Do you have a back-up plan to support self and future family? A great thing for mobility, is learning at least one foreign language and maybe doing the exchange student thing. In fact, for a future job resume, this is becoming a future biggie. Makes you more valuable and shows versatility. Knowledge protects! Also, you may get a much better quality of education overseas too, and maybe not as many cell towers in Europe as here (just guessing here), thus more breathing room in some aspects. Personally, all I see in the US is the new 3rd world nation on the block, so getting out of Dodge may be a very good idea, and it would be very 'excuseable' for a young person to want to do this.

Ooops! Gotta go to work. Wish I had had the sense you do now and had asked. Never knew what hit me, and it has been hard out here.

Wow I did not expect this thread to take off like it has. It is an interesting coincidence that I've spent so much time obsessing over education lately, and I came back to SOTT to check it out. For those of you that follow my posts, I haven't been to SOTT in quite some time. It comes back to this "self-conflict" I keep feeling. I suppose it is time to elaborate about that.

I would say there are three main i's that I have to be concerned with. Education seems to be the battlefield. There is the scientific i, the metaphysical i, and the normal teenage i. The first two seem to be diametrically opposed to each other, and the third one is not really me at all, it is a shell constructed by the Matrix and hormones.

I view Ark as a role model in some ways, but I don't see how he does it. I simply don't understand how he can be a serious man of science and believe in esoteric concepts as well. The two just don't seem to mesh. I like science, my ultimate scientific dream would be to discover how to travel at superluminal speeds. In some ways it is an escape for me, I am so tired of being stuck in this prison of a planet with the vast populations of "sleepers" that inhabit it. Traveling away from it might release me from all of the negativity that is here. Maybe I'll meet someone else out there, a race that is not ignorant like us, a race that has purpose. I would also like to see humanity become a space-faring civilization, it might wake up a lot of people, but then things will probably continue as usual. All of our greed, corruption, and ignorance will just spread to other worlds and we'll become like the Reptoids. Anyway, back to reality, my dream of interstellar travel will probably never be realized. It requires such break-through advances in physics, and I am not the smartest person to hit this planet. There are people in my school that are smarter than I am in math and science; they may not care about what I care about, but their skills make me look dumb at times. Still, it is my dream, and unlikely though it may be, I will strive for it nonetheless. This part of me seeks to rise in the educational system, gain esteem, and begin working on theoretical physics. I do not care about money, I just seek to transcend the earthly prison.

Science dictates that things must be measured and calculated in order to exist. Science has brought us all of the technology we have and holds the promise for a better future. Thus, science seems to be a well-constructed discipline that we can always rely on to discover every secret of the universe. However, science seems severely lacking in some areas. Most importantly; the broad arena of spiritualism which I will refer to as metaphysics. I have had a number of weird things happen to me over the years, and my drive to want to know more has led me into the paranormal; which according to my scientific side is mere philosophy by stubburn individuals who will not give up their superstitions. Yet, my metaphysical side disagrees, and believes that there is much more to reality than just the physical. Spiritual discussions, on the rare occasions that they occur, seem to have so much more meaning to me. There is something there, you can feel your connection to existance, it is hard to describe, all I can say is, it is like a feeling of hyperconsciousness. It always presses me to no more, and the metaphysical side of me is what is responsible for my interest in things like Cassiopaea. Still, my scientific mind says that this is a foolish waste of time by gullible individuals. We are born, we live, we die, end of story. Yet the spiritual side says that death is part of life, and that we are here for a purpose.

Well, you get the idea, these two sides are constantly at war with each other. Both want to acquire more knowledge, but one grows stronger at the detriment to the other. During the summer, when I was posting a lot, my metaphysical side became much stronger, I became much more spiritually oriented, but I lost the discipline of my scientific side. I became little more than a philosopher. When I went back to school, I focused heavily on reactivating my scientific side so I could continue my education. The scientific mind took over, dismissing SOTT as philosophies and political activism. Yet, it stayed in the back of mind. I could not forget about it. Neither side ever dies, it just becomes unbalanced, and they begin to seek balance again. Though, balance is illusionary, it is never attained. I came back. I feel like SOTT and QFG are a part of myself, or at least their ideas are.

It is funny how the Cassiopaeans have an eerie way of predicting things. When I was reading about The Work, and the Cassiopaeans' "mosaic theory," I thought that the multiple i's were probably happening within me, but I took it as a theoretical construct that I had mostly overcome. This is not the case, fusing the two sides of myself while eliminating or at least minimizing the third is my major crisis in life right now. The more knowledge I gain in science and metaphysics, the more it tears me apart.

I now realize that this was the driving force behind my original inquiry, though I did not really know it at the time. Education has always been the battleground. Schooling causes the scientific side to become stronger at the expense of the spiritual, seeking causes the spiritual side to become stronger at the expense of the scientific. I expressed my opinions about the educational system; I thought it was a dumbed-down system that ignored knowledge of real value. I wanted to learn more about the paranormal. I got what I wanted, but it turns out I didn't really know what I wanted in the first place. I do not know how to proceed. I know that I can't continue to fight myself like this forever. This is the nature of the "conflict" I am referring to. I feel that if I can somehow "put the two halves together," well, I don't know how much I could accomplish. I'd be a unified entity.

Well, I thank you for your advice. This has just brought up to the forefront the Work I need to do. But putting an end to this war that has been going on, I'm not sure how I will do it.

Neil said:
Science dictates that things must be measured and calculated in order to exist. Science has brought us all of the technology we have and holds the promise for a better future. Thus, science seems to be a well-constructed discipline that we can always rely on to discover every secret of the universe. However, science seems severely lacking in some areas. Most importantly; the broad arena of spiritualism which I will refer to as metaphysics... these two sides are constantly at war with each other. Both want to acquire more knowledge, but one grows stronger at the detriment to the other.
Neil,

The duality/opposition you are facing is not easy ta transcendate because it is based on some strong and widespread beliefs.

* Belief 1 : not measurable -> non existant . In scientific fields : things have to be measurable (A) -> it's declared as existing (B). You can logically deduce that non B -> non A, BUT you can not deduce that non A -> non B (though it's often done). Therefore if something is not measurable, it DOESN'T PROVE that it doesn't exist.

* Belief 2 : behind physics = weirdos magics. Etymologically "metaphysics" comes from Aristotle book about physics and was simply used to describe things that at his time coulnd't be describes/understood by physics. Fundamentally it didn't carry any weird / magic / false meaning. It was simply the realm of things that couldn't be grasped by the physics of this epoch.

* Belief 3 : Science OR philosophy . Aristotle again has put another seed in our brain called the "law of excluded middle", boldly it states there's no third way : A is B or A is not B (Reminds me of GWB : you are with us or you are against us) http:(doubleslash)en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_excluded_middle
This law applies correctly to some basic situations. For instance if you vote for Mr A, you can't vote for M. B and reciprocally. However in many situations things don't work in a binary way, it's rarely totally true or rarely totally wrong, rarely totally positive, rarely totally negative. Actually in our density the transcendance of dualities (third element) is an essential source of life. Some great people like Leonardo Da Vinci or Aristotle showed us this way, they were taking the best of science and philosophy to build something even greater. As if science and mysticism we marrying to bring greater knowledge from ignorance.

I wish those little examples might help you to go behind this apparent opposition.

Good luck.

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT EDUCATIONAL BREAKTHROUGH IN A GENERATION!

Why can’t some children learn to read or concentrate in school? Why are so many youth and young people defiant and aggressive? If the autism epidemic is genetic, why didn’t previous generations have this many kids with autism? And why do all of the above happen to boys more than girls?

Lead.

Read the research. Learn the facts. Understand our history.

The cause of learning disabilities, ADHD and most behavior disorders is exposure to lead in-utero or in the months after birth. Lead acts synergistically with testosterone. And mercury.

The implications for educators are profound.

If you teach children, or work with people who do, you need to read LEAD BABIES.
It is wake up call that is long overdue.

www.nomoreleadbabies.com

Re: THE MOST SIGNIFICANT EDUCATIONAL BREAKTHROUGH IN A GENERATION!

nomorelead said:
Why can’t some children learn to read or concentrate in school?

hi nomorelead,

As you are new to this forum, perhaps you would take a minute and introduce yourself to the forum members (here is the link: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?board=39.0), and also tell us a bit about yourself, how you have found this material and what you may be already learned form it?

Neilo I totally agree with you the school system is a joke. And I think it was mostly set up to keep people from thinking and not really to work as this society says. we can learn something pretty quick if we are interested in it. And we dont need 4 to 5 hours of school to set around and learn crap. When I found out about Cassiopaea and all other paranormal things on the enternet it was like I could not stay off of the computer. It was like I found a part of my self I did not know was thier literally. And it got to the point where I did not care about school at all. And I was currently getting good grades and paying attention. But I was very unhappy I mean unhappy like I had suicide on my mind. And that school system was part of my depression because since I was so different the other students always picked on me. And the school system was also stressing me out so it was just bad altogether. So when I found Cassiopaea it expanded my thought process trumendously. And I was getting much happier I was doing the things that Laura and the Cassiopaeans was talking about like free will. And to my surprise it worked people was treating me differently and I changed myself.

But the point is this website was telling me about life and not about how to work for psychopaths. And school for me was a brain wash camp and even before I found this blog I was beginning to know that. And my grades started to drop and I just was not interested in what they was telling me. But dont get me wrong I was still listening it was just that as far as the work goes or they telling me about college. (Which they talk about a lot since I go to a college prep school) I was just not interested in it anymore because it wasn't something that made me happy. But some people enjoy school and that is ok but for people like us I doubt it is for us. But I totally understand what you mean when you say you live two lives. Because everyday I have to hide my true self and the way I think because people wont except me. And they probably never will and you know what that is ok becuase we are all different. And when I was telling my teachers and class mates about this at school they did not want to hear it at all. Infact they got insulted that I would think of something outside of what we learn. But that what makes us unique and different, but I would definitely keep these things to yourself. Because people just dont want to hear it like Laura say it is like talking to monkeys. And that is from the school system to society, but I would continue to get good grades and just graduate so I can live out here. But you most definitely dont have to agree with them.

consciousnessrep--You don't have to agree with them but you do have to function in their company. Because it is nearly impossible to live and learn in social isolation, one needs to learn how to function in society without compromising personal integrity. Read up on External Consideration in the Cassiopedia for help in knowing when and how to reveal your ideas with others. While the formal education system in the USA is a social conditioning mechanism, you still can learn a lot of useful information when you learn to discern between raw data and conditioning. Knowledge can be found everywhere with the right perspective. Also, to beat "The System" one has to know the system. Learning good language and math skills will help you understand knowledge that can lead you to more freedom from the system. Above all learning to think critically and analyze what you see are necessary skills for making wise choices. Don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater" so to speak--use the educational system to your advantage and read up on the Cass sites too. Think of the information found here as additional schooling for the class of life. Good Luck.
shellycheval

Back
Top Bottom