Antarctica/Hitler

Ominous said:
I spose I was expecting every1 to be all willing & ready to help a newbie...but I see now its not that kind of place. -->
Now I'm really confused... I didn't find that to be the case, on this forum. Quite the opposite. What gave you that impression? What kind of help are you talking about? What kind of place? Maybe to read all of the replies again, especially SAO's, really carefully?

Ominous said:
First off, I'd like to thank u all for taking the time to reply.
Given everything else you wrote, I wonder if you're being sincere here.

Ominous said:
I'm unable to navigate around the site like most ppl because I'm stuck w/ my mobile phone browser. So I can't download PDF's & such.
What does this have to do with your reaction? It sounds like a rationalization, which is designed to self calm. Self calming lulls us to sleep; it removes our consciousness from seeing and accepting the often times painful reality of our false selves.

Ominous said:
I can see now that it was my self-importance that was insulted by the initial response to my post. I spose I was expecting every1 to be all willing & ready to help a newbie...but I see now its not that kind of place. That's ok. I've dealt w/ far worse things than being chastised for perhaps being a bit of a "baby." NBD.
That you consider yourself being chastised and that the members here are not ready and willing to help you, I doubt you're actually seeing your self importance. Might you be saying this just to get along?

Ominous said:
What I have difficulty w/ is comprehending & recalling data.
This sounds like another rationalization. It appears you're also having difficulty in facing the discomforting aspects of your false self.

Ominous said:
I've suddenly stepped out of my familiar box & its a strange land. But I shot dope for 9 years...I've seen stranger.
This looks like you're almost bragging about shotting drugs. Seeing truth and seeing drug induced hallucinations are pretty much on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I think you're comparing apples with oranges. You might also want to review the forum rules.

Ominous said:
& I've gone from being the most self-serving jerk I knew to a totally different human being. But obviously, I've still got a long way to go. PEACE
I'm curious. Why do you sign off with 'PEACE'? I'm not asking to be confrontational, just asking because inner conflict can be one of the more useful tools we can use for development. When we're seeking inner peace through 'peaceful feeling' we're likely regressing backward to lower stages of development where the 'warm fuzzies' are sought over the truth in things.

Wow. Can't just let some1 off easy, can u? I WAS being sincere in thanking eyery1 for replying. I never thot my sign-off PEACE would be taken to task! Maybe I should change it to FREEWILL? I wasn't bragging; I was illustrating that I've been exposed to strange situations. One does not hallucinate on heroin. Again, I see that I'm wrong because in reading these replies, I realize ppl ARE helping. Even if its not what I expected, its what I NEED.-->

-->Because I am here to learn in the most honest straightforward way that I can. I'll keep coming back because I want what u have: understanding/knowlege. I mentioned the mobile browser because it DOES limit me. It limits the size of my posts & the speed of my navigating, among other things. & it's true that I have memory/comprehension difficulties. That's why I try to take copious notes. Thanks much for all yr observations.

Ominous said:
Wow. Can't just let some1 off easy, can u?
Oh, we certainly CAN, but provided you are really willing to learn, would you like us to let you off easy? :)

Ominous said:
I never thot my sign-off PEACE would be taken to task! Maybe I should change it to FREEWILL?
How about WAR for a change? How about changing mental traquilizers for constant inner warfare? It's not a time for peace, Ominous.

It's worth to remember that genuine Free Will (or Peace for that matter) is something we have to struggle for, so keeping the proper order of states, in thoughts or writting, might be helpfull. WAR comes first, other things follow.

joda, this reminds me of when I used to box. When I first began sparring, I'd get the crap kicked out of me. If I'd have quit, I'd have never learned how to get hurt, deal w/ it, & keep fighting under pressure. When I 1st got hit, I got angry & reacted wildly & got my butt kicked. As time went on, I learned to control my anger when I got hit & was able to react intelligently & fight back effectively. This doesn't seem all that different. WAR!

Ominous said:
But I shot dope for 9 years...I've seen stranger. & I've gone from being the most self-serving jerk I knew to a totally different human being.
One does not hallucinate on heroin
hi ominous!
While I find your latter remark debatable, though not on this forum (RULES!), I have to say the following.
If you really *ho* up *op* for nine years and then actually managed to kick the habit, well, my sincere congratulations!
Seems to me that you already made a fundamental step forward in your life. Having found and displaying interest in these pages
here - great!
Now don`t overstrain yourself. Try to get a more systematic approach. This site is huge and it took me months to get a working
knowledge of the contents. There`s sooo much I still don`t get. If, f.ex., you`re something of a science idiot like me: Maybe rather
skip the science threads. Concentrate more on the Work threads and don`t even try to read everything on this site!
And remember: If you unterstood one thing only and would be able to apply it to your everyday life then that would be a success.
Take tiny baby steps rather than doing huge leaps (apparantly you`ve done one big leap already).

I've read The Wave, Adventures, and the Grail sections. I've also read much of the Psychopathy material. I wish I could gain access to the actual sessions themselves, but I cant download files. Thanks for yr suggestions. WAR!

Ominous, I just have to tell ya that you now ending your posts with 'WAR' is great - it not only makes me chuckle, it's just so appropriate since this waking up really can be a battle - and chuckling helps. =D

Anart, I have joda to thank for the new "WAR!" sign-off. & I have every1 who posted to thank for really helping me to open my awareness of myself & what I need to work on right NOW. Hitler/Antarctica turned in2 a much more important topic (for myself): Ominous/3rd density. This is a great turning point for me. Thanks again, ladies n gents. WAR!

Ominous said:
Anart, I have joda to thank for the new "WAR!" sign-off. & I have every1 who posted to thank for really helping me to open my awareness of myself & what I need to work on right NOW. Hitler/Antarctica turned in2 a much more important topic (for myself): Ominous/3rd density. This is a great turning point for me. Thanks again, ladies n gents. WAR!
Thanks for proving once again that if someone comes here with a sincere intention to learn and grow, then they do exactly that - learn and grow. So many people in your situation would've continued to blindly take offense at everything that is said instead of putting their predator and ego to the side and trying to SEE what is really being said and why. It happens here all the time before they storm out and slam the door in their fury (sometimes with some assistance).

I don't know how much courage it took you to make this thread, but I know it took plenty of effort to overpower your own machine to stay and deal with what is happening head on. It's always awesome seeing someone do that, to have your desire to see objective reality be stronger than your "I'm right" and other self-importance-based programs.

And since you're on a cell phone and can't do it yourself, here's the stuff about Antarctica from the C's transcripts. Is there a possibility of using a public computer lab or cafe where you are? Besides being a handicap, the cellphone is also not good for your brain, especially if you're relying on it for more than just calling but all your web browsing needs etc. Plus, there's just SO MUCH covered in the C's transcripts that while sometimes it may be ok to ask someone to find something for you, it could quickly get out of hand due to the sheer amount of topics covered by the transcripts.

Some of them are on www.cassiopaea.org so you can use google like this: site:www.cassiopaea.org antarctica for example.

Session 950520 said:
(L) We want to know if there are really underground tunnels all over the place
that many people have reported being taken to in alien abductions?
A: Yes.
Q: (T) Have they been there a long time?
A: Subjective.
Q: (T) Do they predate humanity?
A: A few.
Q: (T) Are they equivalent of subway tunnels, to get from one place to another?
A: Okay.
Q: (T) Is there a set of trains or whatever to move from place to place?
A: No.
Q: (T) Is there any kind of high tech gear in place in these tunnels to move from place to place?
A: Subjective.
Q: (L) How do they travel through these tunnels?
A: Electromagnetically.
Q: (T) Can individuals be transported through the tunnels without benefit of equipment? Or do they use some kind of gadgetry?
A: All of the above.
Q: (L) Who occupies these tunnels?
A: Various.
Q: (T) Are there still beings in there?
Q: (T) Are humans involved in this?
Q: (T) Were there humans involved in digging some of these tunnels?
A: Some.
Q: (T) Before that, there were other beings that were not human?
Q: (T) Are those other beings still down there?
Q: (T) Is this a worldwide network of tunnels?
Q: (T) Where are most of the tunnels?
A: North America, since that is the "capitol" of STS, currently.
Q: (T) Are there other tunnel systems other than in North America?
Q: (T) Does it depend on where the STS alignment is as to whether they are operational?
A: Not point, just single factor.
Q: (T) Do any of the tunnels lead to Antarctica?
Q: (T) Is there any way of getting to Antarctica through the tunnel systems even if you have to come to the surface occasionally?
A: Okay.
Q: (L) Are humans ever taken into these tunnels or places underground... (T) Against their will?
A: Sometimes.
Q: (T) Is there some kind of underground base in Antarctica?
A: Yes. Eight.
Q: (T) Are they related to the tunnels in time?
A: Vague.
Q: (T) Were any of those bases underground in Antarctica built by the Germans during World War II?
A: Sect.
Q: (T) Nazis?
A: Remember, all is structured in cycles and circles.
Q: (L) In other words, these tunnels were built by and belong to the Consortium, is that correct?
A: Circles within circles.
Q: (L) Masons?
A: One example of concept.
Q: (T) JR and I have a friend who has told us about someone she knew who found entrances to tunnel systems in North America. One of the entrances was in the Adirondacks; another was in the Mammoth cave system. Was what she was told true?
A: Yes, but there are thousands of entrances. Are you ready for a "shocker?"
Q: (J) Oh, you know we are always ready for a shocker. (L) Sure! (T) Okay, give us the shocker. (J) We're ready!
A: There is a tunnel right beneath your feet!
Q: (J) I knew they were going to say that. (T) Of course! Is that where the digging is going to go from the basement?
A: Up to you!
Q: (L) How deep under our feet?
A: 2000 feet.
Q: (T) Is anything moving in that tunnel?
Q: (T) Is that tunnel being used?
Q: (L) Right at this second?
A: Open.
Q: (L) Who uses it more than anybody else?
Q: (T) Are there humans down there?
A: Have been; listen for sound anomalies such as loud sonic boom like noises and vague motorized sounds.
Q: (L) Is there any kind of electronic gadgetry down there causing my appliances to keep breaking down?
A: Maybe.
Q: (L) What is wrong with my air conditioner?
A: Fuse.
Q: (SV) Does this tunnel hook up with the doorway in the old stone house on Grand Boulevard that nobody has been able to open or cut through?
Q: (T) Is there an entrance to this tunnel underneath us somewhere in this area?
A: Near power plant.
Q: (T) Crystal River? (L) No, Anclote. (T) Is that why the power plant is built there?
A: Related; old Nike base.
Q: (T) What direction does this tunnel run that is underneath us?
A: East - West.
Q: (T) Out under the Gulf of Mexico?
Q: (T) Where does the West end?
A: Just described.
Q: (L) The power plant. (T) Okay, where does the East end go?
A: Near Lakeland.
Q: (T) What is in Lakeland that would have a tunnel entrance in it? Why Lakeland?
A: Not issue.
Q: (L) What is on the surface may have no relationship to the tunnel.
A: Transfer point and redirector.
Q: (T) Is there another tunnel that comes into this tunnel, that intersects this tunnel?
Q: (T) Near Lakeland?
Q: (T) Is that what you are talking about; a transfer point?
Q: (T) Does that tunnel travel North/South?
Q: (T) Does that run up the East coast?
Q: (L) Lakeland is in the center of the state. (T) Where does it go? Are these side tunnels to a main tunnel that runs along the East coast?
A: All are interconnected.
Q: (T) So, it is like a subway or bus line? Is there a tunnel farther South of here?
Q: (T) How far does the farthest South tunnel go?
A: Antarctica.
Q: (J) Is there a tunnel near our house, in St. Petersburg?
Q: (T) Is there a tunnel to Mac Dill?
Q: (L) I think that, in general, importance we would ascribe to surface structures may not be a consideration here. (T) I was thinking about the military base. (L) I would think that the tunnels bear no relationship to the structures under the surface except in certain instances. (J) But, what got there first, the tunnels or the structures on the surface? (L) Obviously the tunnels have been there for a long time, and perhaps, in certain instances a situation may be manipulated so that a specific structure is built to facilitate the tunnel usage, but the fact that Lakeland is built over it may not be relevant.
(T) There is no entrance to the tunnel system near Lakeland?
Q: (J) And there are no tunnels down in _____?
A: Phosphate plant.
Q: (T) There's a tunnel entrance in the phosphate plant? (L) I've got one more question about the tunnels.
A: Mine.
Q: (T) There is a tunnel entrance in one of the phosphate mines?
Q: (J) Was the placement of this tunnel under our feet the reason Laura got this house?
Q: (T) Does the placement of the tunnel underneath us have something to do with the channel?
Q: (T) Because of the greater EM underneath us; we are tapping into that EM energy?
A: Helps in offhand way.
C's session 951202 said:
Q: (L) Did the Germans construct a time machine during WWII?
Q: (L) They actually did it?
A: Ja.
Q: (L) Were the German experiments in time travel carried to the U.S. after the war?
A: In splintered form.
Q: (L) Did the U.S. take possession of a time machine constructed by the Germans?
Q: (L) Why not?
A: Was taken elsewhere.
Q: (L) Where?
A: Mausenberg, Neufriedland.
Q: (L) Still in Germany?
A: Nein!
Q: (L) Where is Mausenberg?
A: Antarktiklandt.
Q: (L) Who is in control of or running this machine?
A: Klaus Grimmschackler.
Q: (L) I didn't mean a specific person, a group. Americans or Germans?
A: Deutsche.
Q: (L) Did they use this machine to transport themselves there and also in time?
A: Has been performed in Glophen in gestalt, bit, yie aire das gluppen und werstalt de vir seinderfor bidde.
Q: (L) Why are you giving this so that we don't understand?
A: Sorry, got the transmissions mixed up due to subject matter.
Q: (L) Getting back to this German time machine: did the Germans capture a crashed, or retrieve a crashed, UFO during the war?
Q: (L) Who was flying that craft - excuse me - OPERATING that craft?
A: Grays.
Q: (L) Were the Germans able to back engineer and construct other craft similar to the one they captured?
A: Did not need to. They got the information on such things from channeled sources.
Q: (L) Did the Germans get the information from the Vril Society?
A: Partly. Also Thule Society.
Q: (L) These individuals who have this time machine in Antarctica, what are they doing with it or what do they plan to do with it?
A: Exploring time sectors through loop of cylinder.
Q: (L) What is a loop of cylinder?
A: Complex, but is profile in 4th through 6th density.
Q: (L) Are there any particular goals that they have in doing this "time exploration?"
A: Not up to present, as you measure it.
Q: (L) Well, if they escaped and took this time machine to Antarctica, are they working with any of the so-called
"aliens?"
A: 4th density STS.
Q: (L) Are these Germans and their time machine, any part of the plan to take over earth when it moves into 4th density.
Q: (L) Are the Germans behind any of the conspiracies in the U.S?
Q: (L) So there is a maverick German element, but to focus on that as being the foundational aspect of this phenomenon, is to focus on the wrong thing?
Q: (L) Among the things that were discussed among the Germans in the Thule Society and the Vril Society, was the "Black Sun That Illuminates the Interior." Can you tell us what this "Black Sun" is?
A: Ultimate destiny of STS orientation.
Q: (L) Is this Black Sun an actual astronomical phenomenon?
A: In essence.
Q: (L) What would we know this Black Sun as? A black hole?
A: Good possibility.
Q: (L) A little off to the side, but is there any Japanese connection here?
A: Only to extent of level of participation in "secret" world government.
C's session 960831 said:
Q: (L) Question, this may take us somewhere. I noticed when I was redoing these transcripts for Ark to read that when we were discussing the origin of the Celts, that the question was asked, by me, were they in any way superior to the indigenous people of this planet? And the remark was, that they were sturdier in some way. And then I commented that they didn't appear to be sturdier than, say, some of the big Black people, because Celts are very fair, and very thin- skinned looking, and very delicate. It just seemed to me to be kind of an odd remark to make. However, the response that I received, which I didn't pick up on at the time, which blew mw out of the water, was that they were sturdier, but not necessarily on the surface of the planet... (J) No, they didn't say on the surface of the planet. They just said, on the surface. (L) On the surface... Uh huh. So, does that surface mean surface of their appearance, or does that surface mean surface as in underground? That's my question.
A: Both.
Q: (L) Now, in talking about these large underground cities or enclaves that we've talked about on a couple of
occasions, it has been said that these beings come and actually may take human babies. I mean, this is like fairy lore, legends, of different kinds of creatures that come and steal people's babies, and they go and live underground, and sometimes, one or another will escape. Is this what we're talking about here? These kinds of situations, these underground cities and caves and civilizations and so forth?
Q: (L) Well, I know it's vague... (T) Are the Celts part of these underground civilizations?
Q: (T) And they came to the surface some time ago...
Q: (L) No, they came here, and they were taken underground...
Q: (L) No, well, what's the story?
A: Went.
Q: (L) They went underground? Is that it? (T) When did they go underground?
A: Several occasions, the most recent being, on your calendar: 1941 through 1945.
Q: (L) That's when they went underground? 1941 through 1945?
A: Last episode of mass migration, mostly Deutschlanders.
Q: (T) Underground. We're talking underground, as in under the surface of the earth. Is this what we're talking?
A: Antarctica. Under there.
Q: (T) Under Antarctica, under... Oh, in one of the big... OOOhhh!
A: Entry port.
Q: (T) They went underground in Antarctica, they built a large underground base there, this is where the Germans, as in the Nazi Germans, claimed as Vineland, I think it is, where the older maps that show Antarctica, where the German territory was claimed, it's in that section that's south of...
A: Yes, but they entered through their constructed base, as instructed, then were assimilated.
Q: (L) They were assimilated into the population already existent? Underground cities, underground bases?
Q: Laura) So, they didn't build them, they entered into them as instructed, and were assimilated into the population?
A: They did build a base.
Q: (T) Well, they'd have to keep expanding! Now, you said instructed... (L) Instructed by whom? (T) They were
instructed to go there?
A: Those identifying themselves as "Antareans."
Q: (L) And who are the Antareans?
A: STS Humanoid Orion linkage.
Q: (L) What is an STS Orion Linkage? (T) That's the... (L) We have a new concept here. (T) They would be... the...
the...the... (V) Mutant Race! (T) Yes! Those that were part of the creation...
Q: (L) What is an STS Humanoid Orion linkage? [Part of tape seems to be missing here, questions in [ ] are
reconstruction]
A: An STS race from Orion that is humanoid.
Q: [something about who or how they got hooked up with the Nazis. Probably a question related to the group that
"handled" Hitler.]
A: The Thule Society originated contact.
Q: [something about them "waiting to take over the world"]
A: Waiting?
Q: [undoubtedly TR's question about what Admiral Byrd may have seen over the pole.]
A: Yes, but he was led to believe he was chasing what amounted to merely an encampment of detached Nazis.
Q: [So Byrd must have SEEN something and was then led off the track...]
A: Yes
Q: (T) ...the U.S. just assumed, and Churchill, between the two of them, was it Roosevelt and Churchill? They didn't even tell the Russians too much about what they were doing down there. They just assumed that this was a base, another one of their underground bases that was manned by the Nazis, but there wasn't anything that they could do, because they were too far away, and we were keeping them out of the war. So, there wasn't much that they could send back. So, they let them come in, and figured they were stranded. (V) Are they coming back out now in the... (T) They've been coming back out... (V)... shape of the White Supremacists that are like popping up all over the place? (T) They've been coming and going all along. Admiral Byrd was sent down there, supposedly to go to the South Pole, the first Admiral Byrd expedition to the South Pole; but he took a large military force with him. He was still a U.S. Admiral at the time. The large military force encountered resistance and got their asses whupped real good down there. But, they kept it real quiet, because nobody knew what was really going on down there. So, they just said, oh, it was a scientific expedition. It was really Captain Picard and the Enterprise going to find a new planet! And in reality, what they'd done was to go down there to root out this base out after the war, and they didn't do real well at all! (J) Bit off more than they could chew. (T) They lost a whole lot of people and a whole lot of ships, and a lot of equipment down there. That's why all these bases ring around the outside, all the scientific bases from different countries; Russia, the U.S., Great Britain; all these countries have these scientific bases all along the outer edge of the Antarctic. They're scientific, they use them for study, but they are there to monitor what's going on, that's why they don't go into the Antarctic. (V) You know, my father was a Seabee down there. (T) I'll bet he has some very interesting stories about it. (V) That's why my father is an
alcoholic and can't see straight.
Q: (L) What do these guys plan on doing?
A: This is where "The Master Race" is being developed.
Q: (L) And what is the timeframe they have planned for this activity?
A: Never mind.
Q: (L) Is Ark going to be able to help us with technology, to help other people, or to protect ourselves in some way? In this really bizarre stuff going on our planet?
A: Too much, too soon, my dear. Curiosity killed the cat.
Q: (L) Well, satisfaction brought him back!
A: Not in this case!!!
Q: (T) You've got to let this go along. It's picking up momentum every day, it seems. So, just let it roll along and let it see where it goes. (L) All right, lets... (T) He's coming to protect you. That's what he said.
A: Maybe, but there is so, so, so much more in store than that!!!!!!
C's Session 970607 said:
Q: Ark did some reading on the Einstein thing, the letters to Kaluza, and there did not seem to be anything that E did in the period mentioned that would make one tend to think that there was a UFT from him in that time. But, Kaluza DID have an interesting idea about a 5 dimensional cylinder UFT which Einstein thought was quite startling. Yet, it seems that Einstein somewhat delayed Kaluza's presentation. What struck me was the word 'cylinder' which reminded me of the earlier session where I asked if the Germans had developed a time machine and you said 'yes,' and that it was in Antarctica, and that 'they' were 'exploring the loop of the cylinder.' You said that the loop of the cylinder was a 4th thru 6th density profile. Could you give me some elaboration on this cylinder, the loop of the cylinder, and whether it was Kaluza who did the UFT and not Einstein?
A: Cylinder is really a double loop, is it not? And meditate if you will on the true meaning of this!
Q: Is it true that Kaluza had the theory and Einstein didn't?
A: Maybe it is that Einstein first hypothesized, and others were then commissioned for the purpose of completion in order to lead to application.
Hope that helps. There's more, and not to mention the billion directions that this can take you leading to a kazillion other sessions that mention parts of what is being discussed in various contexts and ways, etc.

If your phone can open .zip files, there's also a Sessions.zip file in the casschat yahoo group that has all the sessions in .html format so your browser would be able to see them. I don't know how flexible cell phones are, so just an idea.

Well thanks so much for putting up those transcripts. Altho I've never had a paranormal/UFO-type experience that I know of, I believe absence of proof is not proof of absence. No, my phone cannot do zip files. Perhaps Satan, er Santa, Clause will bring me a PC for Christmas. Thanks again. WAR!

I don't know if it "time" to continue these inquiries but it seems there are some recent developments for Antarctica.

There is another thread which is related and may be suitable for moderator merging to help others researching the topic of Antarctia.

One other thread started in 2011 is: Another hit for the Cassiopaeans? Unexplained activity in Antarctica

Also, I placed a post in a questionably related thread since there has been speculation about pyramids in Anarctica here: Pyramids in Bosnia?

I found this recent video that I think continues to open up more revelations concerning what may be happening now:

Antarctica Disclosure to Save the World - Dr. Michael Salla (I don't think it will "save the world" but there are many parallels with the Cs clues and new possibilities)

https://youtu.be/LxcZ4B_WMpo

Edit: link correction

Q: (L) I think that, in general, importance we would ascribe to surface structures may not be a consideration here. (T) I was thinking about the military base. (L) I would think that the tunnels bear no relationship to the structures under the surface except in certain instances. (J) But, what got there first, the tunnels or the structures on the surface? (L) Obviously the tunnels have been there for a long time, and perhaps, in certain instances a situation may be manipulated so that a specific structure is built to facilitate the tunnel usage, but the fact that Lakeland is built over it may not be relevant.
(T) There is no entrance to the tunnel system near Lakeland?
Q: (J) And there are no tunnels down in _____?
A: Phosphate plant.
Q: (T) There's a tunnel entrance in the phosphate plant? (L) I've got one more question about the tunnels.
A: Mine.
Q: (T) There is a tunnel entrance in one of the phosphate mines?

I'm not sure if anyone else made this connection on a different board/thread, but came across this article after reading the above transcript. It's about a sinkhole opening up in a phosphate plant in Florida.
The story is already a year old, but don't recall reading about it, and seemed like an interesting connection to include in this thread.

Florida sinkhole causes vast leak of wastewater into drinking water source
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/17/florida-sinkhole-wastewater-leak-drinking-water
More than 200m gallons of contaminated wastewater from a fertilizer plant in central Florida [Bartow, FL] leaked into one of the state’s main underground sources of drinking water after a huge sinkhole opened up beneath a storage pond, a phosphate company said on Friday.

Mosaic, the world’s largest supplier of phosphate, said the hole opened up beneath a pile of waste material called a “gypsum stack”. The 215m gallon storage pond sat atop the waste mineral pile. The company said the sinkhole was about 45ft in diameter.

Mosaic said it was monitoring groundwater and had found no offsite impacts.

“Groundwater moves very slowly,” said David Jellerson, Mosaic’s senior director for environmental and phosphate projects. “There’s absolutely nobody at risk.”

The water had been used to transport the gypsum, which is a byproduct of fertilizer production, the company said.

The sinkhole, discovered by a worker on 27 August, is believed to reach down to the Floridan aquifer, the company said in a news release. Aquifers are vast, underground systems of porous rocks that hold water and allow water to move through the holes within the rock.

The Floridan aquifer is a major source of drinking water in the state. One of the highest-producing aquifers in the world, it underlies all of Florida and extends into southern Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.

According to the University of Florida, it’s the principal source of groundwater for much of the state, and the cities of Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando, Daytona Beach, Tampa, and St Petersburg all rely on it. The aquifer also supplies water to thousands of domestic, industrial and irrigation wells throughout the state.

[....]
Perhaps an entrance/exit collapse?

Fun Factory Published on Feb 4, 2018

VIDEO: Twin Peaks Tunnel Closure this Summer
Thursday, April 26, 2018
twin_peaks_2.jpg

This year on MovingSF, we’ve brought you stories celebrating 100 years of service within the Twin Peaks Tunnel. With 100 years of access to the southern and western areas of the city under its belt, the Twin Peaks Tunnel is due for extensive work for operational safety and reliability.

The tunnel's infrastructure, including the tracks, walls and drainage systems, must be maintained in a timely manner to keep up with the demands of the Muni system. These updates will help improve travel times between West Portal and Castro stations, meaning you’ll get to where you’re going faster.

Construction will start in late June 2018 during a continuous closure of the tunnel for up to 60 days. During the closure, buses will replace trains on the K, L and M lines to ensure riders can still get where they are going. In the meantime, our crews have started to do the prep work ahead of the summer closure. On weekend evenings and mornings through June 2018, buses are running in place of the K, L, and M lines during off-peak closures of the Twin Peaks Tunnel. We also expect to close the tunnel and run bus substitution for the entire Memorial Day weekend from late Friday night until regular service starts early Tuesday morning

We are currently working on a rider guide prepare to provide you with all the information you need to get around during the summer closures. Be sure to sign-up for text and e-mail alerts about this project. In the meantime, check out this video explaining the work we’re doing to bring improvements to this century-old infrastructure

Update:
Dive inside the decrepit Twin Peaks Tunnel
Reporting from The Castro (San Fransisco Ca.)
May 29, 2018 2:30 am
https://sfbay.ca/2018/05/29/dive-inside-the-decrepit-twin-peaks-tunnel/
Snip: Attention, Muni subway passengers.
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency has finalized a start and end date for a two-month closure of the 100-year-old Twin Peaks Tunnel so crews can begin much-needed improvements inside the tunnel. The closure will begin on June 25 and end on Aug. 24.

There will be no train service running on the K-Ingleside, L-Taraval and M-Ocean View inside the subway as crews work between the West Portal and Forest Hill stations to replace rail tracks, make improvements to the drainage system, and make seismic upgrades inside the tunnel, including within the old Eureka Valley Station.

During the two-month closure, the transit agency will run bus shuttle buses on the K, L, M where passengers can either transfer at Castro or Church stations to make a connection to a shuttle train heading downtown.

Back
Top Bottom